Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad mini 2

• 24-11-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Just considering getting one for my daughter this year as it's much cheaper than the new one out. Would I be mad to go back as far as the iPad mini 2 now that the 4 is out now?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not at all. I’m toying with getting a refurb Mini 2. It’s basically the same internally as the first-gen Air. Only thing putting me off is the screen which is somewhat poor compared to the latest model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I picked one up in Argos ,spec seems ok. If I was getting one for myself I would get the newer model,but as its for the young lads Xmas present its fine as I don't think he will notice the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

pinkstars wrote: »
    Just considering getting one for my daughter this year as it's much cheaper than the new one out. Would I be mad to go back as far as the iPad mini 2 now that the 4 is out now?

The spec is not really that old. The iPad mini 3 was the same spec with the addition of a fingerprint scanner and the iPad mini 4 just came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I've had a mini 2 since launch. It's brilliant.

yes the screen has slightly worse colour reproduction than the current generation mini 4 or the larger Air or Air 2, but you really have to be picky like me to notice, yes it's slightly heavier than the mini 1 and mini 4, but again I'm really sensitive to weigh of devices (I can be blindfolded and tell the difference between a iPhone 6 and 6S which is only 14g difference).

The only thing that I would like the device to have would be Touch Id as I'm so used to it now but for your daughter who's getting it for christmas it'll be well capable of everything she throws at it!

You're daughter should count herself very lucky :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Not at all. I’m toying with getting a refurb Mini 2. It’s basically the same internally as the first-gen Air. Only thing putting me off is the screen which is somewhat poor compared to the latest model.

What does a refurb model consist of? Just the same as buying the iPad mini new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

It does lack the split screen multitasking though doesn't it? Where as latest Mini has it?

Maybe a nice feature to have.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

symbolic wrote: »
    It does lack the split screen multitasking though doesn't it? Where as latest Mini has it?

Maybe a nice feature to have.

I don't know how much use that would be on a screen that small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't know how much use that would be on a screen that small.

I love to be able to browse while having a TV show on. Even do it the odd time on my galaxy note.

I'm never just doing one thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Good deal here, ipad mini two with the times irish edition subscription

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057525226

Advertisement