Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would you go next...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Two of them there since Feb. Mine has the higher spec and 20,000kms more. The other is in good condition too though and is a nice car. I think someone is close to doing a deal on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Pete123456

MarkN wrote: »
    Two of them there since Feb. Mine has the higher spec and 20,000kms more. The other is in good condition too though and is a nice car. I think someone is close to doing a deal on it.

Oh Ok my bad... I just saw the same pics and the same price but didnt read the specs fully... id say your driver's seat will be a very enjoyable place to be though!

I think the only difference is a sunroof and heads up display. Same colour, interior and wheels etc so very little in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

I cant believe beshoffs have the 430 d grande coupe still !

it seems great spec price etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Best of luck, lovely car. 6 series Gran Coupe definitely on my radar for next car. Price difference will probably mean another 5 series but we will see.

• Advertisement

Deal done. Picking up tomorrow! Sorry everyone that with so many pages in this thread it's the same brand and the same model :)

Happy motoring :)
    Epic thread IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Augeo wrote: »
    Happy motoring :)
    Epic thread IMO.

One thread I was actively interested in following at the moment, a nice change to a buying thread that doesn't consist of I haven't a clue about cars so which generic econobox will I get?

Thanks lads, nice of you to say so. As I said, sorry it didn't venture too far from where I began. Actually not picking it up until Tuesday now. Long wait.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Collected yet Mark? Have enjoyed this thread and looking forward to its conclusion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Perfect day for some pics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just to keep this ticking over til we see some pics, I had a test drive in an A7 S line quattro yesterday.
    No doubt a fine car but I'm kinda disappointed in it. That particular one was poorly specd and the interior in general is not really a huge step up from my A5.
    There were no gear change paddles and the tip tronic action was the wrong way around for me - push forward to change up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I don't think this will be a conclusion.
    More like another chapter.
    When it started Mark was in a 325ci and bought the 635 and now is moving to 640.
    Give it a year for the next instalment.😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Like my favorite TV series. Always want to get to the end of a season, then mad for the next one to start.

Hi lads - it's been a mad busy week for me with work so haven't had a chance to update. Two of nearly identicle cars in Beshoffs resulted in confusion over my car having an NCT when it was in fact out. Last I heard, there was a slot going tomorrow so hoping that will be it then. They kindly gave me a loan of a 141 Tiguan to keep me on the road so I got to sit in her all clean and shiny yesterday and that just made the waiting worse...!

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the A7 Mick. The one I drove in Keanes did have a decent spec but overall, it just lacked the quality of the BMW. Found the 3.0 245bhp capable though in terms of performance.

Did you drive the one in frank Keanes that mark looked at too mick?
    I'm surprised you weren't impressed.
    Always thought would be a lovely drive.
    Disappointing.
    If you didn't like it I guess a cls merc would be worse as they are a bit more soggy and not as quick.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I don't think this will be a conclusion.
    More like another chapter.
    When it started Mark was in a 325ci and bought the 635 and now is moving to 640.
    Give it a year for the next instalment.😀

I always say it but the 640 will 100% be two if not more!! :)

No, it was a 131 204bhp sline quattro at Audi athlone.
    Very basic spec I thought but apart from that, it was a nice enough car, very quiet and planted but no wow factor. A 245 with spec would be a different prospect I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

mickdw wrote: »
    No, it was a 131 204bhp sline quattro at Audi athlone.
    Very basic spec I thought but apart from that, it was a nice enough car, very quiet and planted but no wow factor. A 245 with spec would be a different prospect I'm sure.

The 204bhp version just screams I was too tight to but the real one. It's like buying a 518d.

I take your point but it's pretty tricky to find one with quattro, S line and 245 bhp for my budget.
    As I say, it didn't do it for me anyway.
    You know it's the wrong car when you can just make the figures work but still walk away from it.

I see beshoffs have yet another 640d, se spec this time and also a 245 bhp A7 se.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    I see beshoffs have yet another 640d, se spec this time and also a 245 bhp A7 se.

Not sure if the SE is in yet but it's on the way.

Where do beshoffs source all this quite tasty stock?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Where do beshoffs source all this quite tasty stock?

Think it's a mix of heavy metal from dealers that they won't retail themselves, trade ins and the UK. Just my guess though!

That A7 is nice looking alright.
    Can't understand how somebody spends so much on a car when new and hardly drives it then. Savage depreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They do seem to get some very nice cars in stock.

I'm amazed that they still have that 430d GC given how well speced and priced it is compared to similar ones for sale here.

Well lads, she's been brought home. :P

Thanks for all your interest in the thread, the buying forum is really a great side to the motoring one.

Very rough and quick pictures of her. Love the heads up display, it's a tad distracting though. She's carbon black but the way the sunlight caught it in the pictures, it looks a bit midnight but it's not.

33661771333_ece6e2daaf_c.jpg
    34341085131_1e70bb3971_c.jpg
    34341086451_19e9dc6229_c.jpg
    34311540732_679bbf330f_c.jpg
    34341088681_391a6ef3d7_c.jpg
    34311543772_5892f20b86_c.jpg
    33629088884_8e8a6c119d_c.jpg
    34341093051_e3aa3e8a41_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Beautiful Car Mark well ware

Well wear with it Mark, looks the business. Lots of smiles per mile to look forward to.

How were Beshoffs to deal with? They always have nice interesting cars with decent specs that you don't normally see available in other dealers. The 430d GC they have would interest me but it's about 2 years too soon for me to contemplate changing. Is their used car warranty in house or through a third party like Mapfre? I'd have to consider the warranty aspect given I live at the other side of the country.

Lovely car. I was in a brand new one today dropped into a dealership as I was passing. Impressive machines.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well wear with it Mark, looks the business. Lots of smiles per mile to look forward to.

How were Beshoffs to deal with? They always have nice interesting cars with decent specs that you don't normally see available in other dealers. The 430d GC they have would interest me but it's about 2 years too soon for me to contemplate changing. Is their used car warranty in house or through a third party like Mapfre? I'd have to consider the warranty aspect given I live at the other side of the country.

I would've known Jeremy the owner to say hello to over the years and I'd had a look at a few cars he was selling in the past, my brother bought a GTI off him a few years ago too so I wasn't totally new to him as a customer but I can't say anything negative. He fitted pads to the car this week without me knowing it needed them or asking for them, threw in a full to the brim tank of juice, the warranty is an in house not Mapfre for 12 months. It's a small enough trade and word of mouth really is a priority when you're a dealer of higher end stuff in a small place like Howth, I get the feeling that he cares about his reputation as you'd expect for a small business.

I've a mate who is a mechanic in a BMW dealer and I'll let him give it the once over next week, see if it needs any wear and tear stuff done by me too.

No doubt that really looks the part.
    Wheels are spot on too in my opinion.

Well wear.
    It's a keeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Just beautiful congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Could easily pass for a 161 !

The right color / spec etc

Absolutely Fab

In Q Park multi storey last night and I was so busy watching the alloys, without realising or even hearing at the time... I nicked the lower part of the bumper. In my poxy excuse of a defence... the car is extremely long. :(

• Advertisement

An easy and cheap enough fix but very annoying :(

Car parks are a bastad, I once drove over the centre curb thing heading into Liffey Valley Clarion I think it was over a decade ago in a company car with my boss in the car in front. Don't think he noticed, he never remarked on it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I spotted in the other thread that you picked this up Mark, best of luck with it, looks great.
    I find myself looking at them too more and more, just couldn't bring myself to go for a diesel though which pushes the 650s out of my budget for the year i'd want.

More than likely a 650/750 for me next year, i'd be interested to hear how the 640d is to live with if you wouldn't mind occasionally updating us.

Well wear and happy motoring!

I spotted in the other thread that you picked this up Mark, best of luck with it, looks great.
    I find myself looking at them too more and more, just couldn't bring myself to go for a diesel though which pushes the 650s out of my budget for the year i'd want.

More than likely a 650/750 for me next year, i'd be interested to hear how the 640d is to live with if you wouldn't mind occasionally updating us.

Well wear and happy motoring!

Cheers. Yeah the only 650s that are anywhere near the price of a 2012/3 640d are SE ones. Would sound gorgeous to be fair.

Initial thoughts are how much more refined the car is. Good in some ways, not so in others. Very luxurious feel to the interior. Stitching in places is similar to the quality you'd find in a Porsche. But then, the E63 was noisier without much provoking and for a diesel sounded nice. The 640 still has a nice growl but it feels softened or maybe the cabin just has more insulation. Incredibly quick in a straight line, more than happy in that respect. Everything is just a bit smoother and calmer when you're not pushing on.

Lads - having a problem getting the log book of the car without going into details of who to blame, can I go into the guards with the form on the motor tax website and receipt for the car etc and say I want it forcibly put into my name?

Shannon are a joke, 25 mins on hold to get the most unhelpful woman and dealer saying they've sent it back but it's 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭GavMan

If shannon say its sent I would just fill out the lost cert form

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF134_en.pdf

• Advertisement

Lads - having a problem getting the log book of the car without going into details of who to blame, can I go into the guards with the form on the motor tax website and receipt for the car etc and say I want it forcibly put into my name?

Shannon are a joke, 25 mins on hold to get the most unhelpful woman and dealer saying they've sent it back but it's 2 weeks now.

Did you see the book at the dealers?

The process is that you have to get a form stamped at a car dealer to verify the car is what it says it is and then sign a declaration with a commissioner of oaths that the car is yours etc.
    They will then send you the book.

This is only required if Shannon do not have you recorded as owner. If it was a case of being lost in post on its way to you, they should issue another if you request a replacement..

Some answers above

I'm trying to remember how long Beshoffs took to send out mine, I have a feeling I was chasing it too.

I'm trying to remember how long Beshoffs took to send out mine, I have a feeling I was chasing it too.

Spoke to Jeremy this evening he said he requested another one via the guards so here's hoping. There's quite a lot of checkpoints around Dublin these days and I just know I'll get the wrong Garda.

Keep a copy of the receipt in your pocket, about all you can do.

I think the way it works is that Shannon will have to write to the owner they have on their system stating the car is no longer owned by them. Afaik if they don't hear back from that person within 40 days or something objecting then they proceed with issuing a new one in your name.

Checkpoint today, was asked where the tax was. Explained the hold up and said the motortax site says log book is on the way, Garda was happy enough and on I went. Frustrating though.

This just popped up today for anyone in the market!

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/6-series/used-2014-141-983571983515-dublin-fpa-1663708993829713556

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The 640d is a 3 litre?!

Trojan wrote: »
    The 640d is a 3 litre?!

It's a 3 litre twin turbo. I have that tan brown colour interior that Mark just linked in my 5 series. Definitely different but I like it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement