Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would you go next...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Ha good spot! Could be pictures when current owner got it but yeh I hear you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I wouldn't bank on UK dealers taking your 635d Mark, they probably would not be interested in the hassle of registering it and changing dials assuming it's an original Irish car. You might have better luck up North but your choice in new car will be smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

carsfan2 wrote: »
    It's a beautiful car.
    If it was about 31/32 grand would be a good buy for someone who didn't do huge mileage.

Looked at bmw figures up to March and they are only a little down on last year but was a huge jump in registrations in March. The new 5 arrived but I'm guessing a lot of pre regging going on this year and I reckon things are going to slow down even more now.

Think it's well priced already for a 3litre 5 series with only 9000 or so miles. Practically new engine. Plus very high spec compared to your standard 520d.

If it was an m sport it would seriously interest me as my mileage is quiet low for diesels.

Wailin wrote: »
    Think it's well priced already for a 3litre 5 series with only 9000 or so miles. Practically new engine. Plus very high spec compared to your standard 520d.

If it was an m sport it would seriously interest me as my mileage is quiet low for diesels.

I agree with you on the m-sport bit. Would really add appeal to the type of person who wants a 3L petrol 5 series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

BMW have dropped the luxury line here and uk for the new 5.
    Funnily enough I thought on a 520d it was a good spec as it gave pro nav as standard on the f10. I agree though a higher powered 5 is better as m sport.

I know it's early days but any
    Interest in your car yet mark?

I'm presuming you have settled on a 640d as the next one anyway or is that still up for debate?

BMW have dropped the luxury line here and uk
    Interest in your car yet mark?

Not a sniff. I'll drop it down in a week or so to €17990/18000 but after that I'll just let it sit at that price.

I'm presuming you have settled on a 640d as the next one anyway or is that still up for debate?

Used A7 interests me, new GTI interests me (although the money needed to get into one if I traded in my car is about 7K and that's just madness), G30 520d (I know, I know!) interests me and the 640D obviously. It will cost me a fair deal less to get a 640D at the end of this year or early 2018 relatively speaking but it'd be nice to have one while they're still only 4/5 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yeah sure the tax is 750!

What would that have cost new, 80 grand +?

its half of what it used to be i.e. the 3 litre off cc was E1500, on emissions for that 535 its now E750, fair enough if it was the next rate up i.e. 1200. E750 is not high tax, the E270,280,390 rates are virtually free tax compared to what many of us are used to paying or used to pay on bmw's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

MarkN wrote: »
    Not a sniff. I'll drop it down in a week or so to €17990/18000 but after that I'll just let it sit at that price.

Have had my own car up for a couple of months and very little interest, I had it priced too high but did drop it later on. Even still regardless of price if somebody was interested I would expect them to make contact anyway even if they feel it's priced to high. I think it's just going to be very difficult to sell a high value car privately unless you are giving it away.

Have had my own car up for a couple of months and very little interest, I had it priced too high but did drop it later on. Even still regardless of price if somebody was interested I would expect them to make contact anyway even if they feel it's priced to high. I think it's just going to be very difficult to sell a high value car privately unless you are giving it away.

one issue is that it is a private sale. I reckon if that car (and it is a stunner), was put up for sale next year privately, you would get circa 10k for it. It will be seen as an "old" car with relatively high motor tax, and I said above its moderate tax, but there is such a hell bentness on motor tax here, where they will happily ignore many a multiple of that in depreciation.

The irish maket with the blatant year on reg plate, motor tax system on cc here and the phobia and the (keeping up with the jones) :rolleyes: people buying **** cars, but only looking at the number on the reg plate, ensure that if you arent a reg snob, but are a car snob, the real value is in the older stuff...

bit of a wild card here Mark...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-cl-class-class-cl63-amg/14598039

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    one issue is that it is a private sale. I reckon if that car (and it is a stunner), was put up for sale next year privately, you would get circa 10k for it. It will be seen as an "old" car with relatively high motor tax, and I said above its moderate tax, but there is such a hell bentness on motor tax here, where they will happily ignore many a multiple of that in depreciation.

The irish maket with the blatant year on reg plate, motor tax system on cc here and the phobia and the (keeping up with the jones) :rolleyes: people buying **** cars, but only looking at the number on the reg plate, ensure that if you arent a reg snob, but are a car snob, the real value is in the older stuff...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-cl-class-class-cl63-amg/14598039

That Merc is a stunner. My next door neighbour had exact same one for a few years in silver it was an 07 too. He hardly ever drove it but when he started it up the noise was something special. It's gone now but I regret not getting a drive of it. Beautiful machine. There is not a hope in hell they will get 40k for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

Idbatterim wrote: »

In fairness I think anyone interested in a 635d couldn't care less about motor tax. Those coupes are not suitable for everyone with the cramped and tiny rear seats. Certainly not anyone with a family. Would love one myself but for that reason alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

If you are thinking of an A7 Mark this is the one to test drive. The BiTurbo competition is superb. 340bhp available on overboost, super noise off them and a little bit special compared to normal A7

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/a7/used-2015-151-audi-a7-3-0tdi-326hp-qu-dublin-fpa-3202522448713591125

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/a7/used-2015-152-audi-a7-3-0tdi-326-bit-kildare-fpa-5652418003928478678

I'd be scared of running that Merc. Some car though, discrete and insane at the same time.

Those A7s are lovely Redor, top of my budget for used at the moment would be 40k sadly. If I hang onto my car until later in the year and get some equity, I could go higher.

I'd be scared of running that Merc. Some car though, discrete and insane at the same time.

Those A7s are lovely Redor, top of my budget for used at the moment would be 40k sadly. If I hang onto my car until later in the year and get some equity, I could go higher.

Yeah the merc would break a man. If I could pick one up for peanuts I could live with the running costs but 40k is not peanuts. It's like an m5/m6 and then some I'd say. My neighbours beat there the whole time he drove it very little. Plus you can't even begin to utilise the potential of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

• Advertisement

Mooooo wrote: »

Different is right! Red seats are a bit loud but I like it. Not suggesting anyone should buy it though. 640d is somewhat mainstream even though top end of mainstream but that would certainly get you attention, most of it unwanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I'd offer them €35k for that CL63 and spend the rest of fuel/tyres.

At least take it for a test drive.

bazz26 wrote: »

Not sure what the story with that one is Bazz. It's been for sale for what feels like a year plus!

A grey 2011 with very low miles went up on DD yesterday. Looking for 35k. Too much for the year.

I'm pretty sure I saw that one for sale
    and the ad said for trade only. I think it was a repaired car.
    There seems to be a steady stream of 640d's coming up for sale now as they are great value from the U.K.
    Bargains rally for what you are getting.

• Advertisement

Just had a guy on from Joe Duffy, didn't really understand what side he was ringing from, it wasn't straightforward sales sounded more like customer survey but regardless, told me now would be a great time to talk to them about changing my car as they had up to €4,000 off selected models with low rate finance on offer and would I be interested in coming in for a coffee. I said well assuming the low ball price I was offered in Jan without anything off the price of a new car, I didn't think I'd be interested in going back to be offered even less again and insulted twice. He seemed a bit miffed with that reply but left it at perhaps we'll see you again in the future. :)

BTW, I've had one call and one text about my car, neither of which came to anything. Reckon I'll be keeping her for a while longer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ah they are just trying to drive sales. You are right though, the trade in offer won't be nice against a 4k discount.

Jesus this buying a car crack is a nightmare.
    Enquired With an audi dealer about a 2013 Audi A7. No call back. Rang another dealer about a similar car, sold I was told yet it's still on website 4 days later.
    To be fair Joe Duffy used car dealer at least offered a good sales service. I called them. Immediate call back. Prompt call back with further info I requested. Call from finance guy. Follow up call to see if I had been dealt with. Their car was just alittle over priced and not exactly what I wanted.

I get that he's just doing his job and I was polite to him but explained that I was getting burnt on both ends and explained albeit 10 years ago, I was a repeat customer having spent €80,000 on a 335 with them which in overall terms is F all but when they enter your name on a computer, your history is there and I feel it should be acknowledged. It certainly was anytime I bought in FK.

I presume the sales guys are following up leads now that the busy 3 months are over. I'm starting to see lots of new model 520d's.
    I reckon there is a fair bit of pre registered stock out there.
    What were you after Mick?

I presume the sales guys are following up leads now that the busy 3 months are over. I'm starting to see lots of new model 520d's.
    I reckon there is a fair bit of pre registered stock out there.
    What were you after Mick?

Saw 3 today. One was an m-sport with 18s on it they seem to be the standard ones, they're just too small for the car.

I agree Don't like the standard m sport wheels on the 520d. 19's standard in 30e/i/d look much better.
    The 18" wheels scream please upgrade me on the configurator. The 17" wheels on se are not great either.

Have you moved your price on the 635d?

I agree Don't like the standard m sport wheels on the 520d. 19's standard in 30e/i/d look much better.
    The 18" wheels scream please upgrade me on the configurator. The 17" wheels on se are not great either.

Have you moved your price on the 635d?

Knocked €500 off a few weeks ago, gonna drop it to €17999 in a week or so. There's a 2013 A7 in Keane's I've just noticed with the 3.0 245bhp engine, might have a look at that.

At this stage it's CLS, 640d or A7.
    Around 30k but audi interest rates would allow me to go 33 to 34k.
    Was enquiring about a cls at Joe Duffy select but it was a 2012 and they were not offering great discount for a straight sale plus I don't really want a 4 cylinder diesel.
    It's the most realistic though price wise as a good 640d or A7 S line with quattro would be pushing the budget.

I've gone away from the idea of pcp on a dearer new car.

mickdw wrote: »
    At this stage it's CLS, 640d or A7.
    Around 30k but audi interest rates would allow me to go 33 to 34k.
    Was enquiring about a cls at Joe Duffy select but it was a 2012 and they were not offering great discount for a straight sale plus I don't really want a 4 cylinder diesel.
    It's the most realistic though price wise as a good 640d or A7 S line with quattro would be pushing the budget.

I've gone away from the idea of pcp on a dearer new car.

Are Audi doing cheap interest on used cars?
    I think all of your shortlist are great options but love A7 looks even though it's a big big car.
    I would avoid non Quattro though with the multitronic gear box

Audi are offering 2.9 or 3.9 interest it seems on used car hp.
    Comparing that with 7.9 approx from other car finance offers makes quite a saving if borrowing around 20k.
    Yes A7 would have to be 245 bhp quattro and S line but out of budget really.
    Cls 350 not very common here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think you've just crashed Audi.ie used car search, I've given up.

Quite a few enquiries about my car over the last few days, have a couple of people coming to look at it tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Quite a few enquiries about my car over the last few days, have a couple of people coming to look at it tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

Would you buy up north?

This is a beautiful 3 series owned by an enthusiast

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1363855. Great value I reckon
    That's a lovely car alright, really decent spec as well.

This is also decent value here as well I think for a 430d with a couple of decent extras.

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/bmw-430d-msport-adaptive-suspension/15303229

It just shows how hard it is to shift a car in a private sale that this is still on the market even at this price. You really do need to give it away but in fairness it's tough to hand over anything over €20k in cash for 99.9% of private buyers

I test drove an s500 over weekend. Can't wait to pick one up, although next year will probably be more prudent for me. Just saw the below. Put of my price range but I'd take it over the other alternatives x100. Jaw dropper in my opinion

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-s-class-s-class-s350-cdi-l-amg-huge/15042021

Are Audi doing cheap interest on used cars?............

Just on used car cheap finance deals, I notice the skoda dealer in Cork City, Noel Deasy, Skoda Auto Cork are doing 0% on some of their used stuff..........not just Skoda

http://m.noeldeasy.com/viewanad.php?ad_id=1651676&r=%26z%3D1

But not all, this 2015 Octavia isn't 0% http://m.noeldeasy.com/viewanad.php?ad_id=1651678&r=%26z%3D1

but this higher mileage one is.........

http://m.noeldeasy.com/viewanad.php?ad_id=1651679&r=%26z%3D1

Apologies for inlcuding the mundane family hatches in this chat :)

Drove this earlier. She's nice.

33356905614_7dcd837327_c.jpg

That is Black pack spec?
    Looks lovely
    How does it compare to a 640d?

• Advertisement

Black edition yep, only 33,000kms on her. Very low considering it's a 2013.

Overall impression, nice car. Switches not as expensive feeling as the BMW, engine doesn't feel as refined although plenty of power, brisk acceleration when on the move as you'd expect. Handling pretty good, threw it into a sharp bend without slowing down and it didn't budge. Nappa S-Line seats with full leather feels lovely, steering wheel not as chunky as the BMW. Bose sound system, pop up screen a nice touch. Buttons everywhere, nice interior to be in and a good looking car, no doubt. Tax €570 I think it said.

It's a little bit more money than an Irish 2012 640D before I get into straight deal talks. It's a different type of car to a 640D. Which would I prefer? I'm not sure now. I didn't walk away thinking, nah, it's just not for me, I walked away thinking that's a lovely car.

That is tiny mileage for 4 years.
    Beautiful looking car.
    Didn't look for part ex price?

How did this go?

How did this go?

Sold. Gave him a couple of hundred off so he's happy.

That is tiny mileage for 4 years.
    Beautiful looking car.
    Didn't look for part ex price?

After what they were giving against a BMW there wasn't any point really.

Not sure what margin they'll have in the A7 to work with to be honest.

Sold. Gave him a couple of hundred off so he's happy.

Congrats Mark, now the real fun starts! Have you a choice made?

• Advertisement

This 430d do anything for you Mark, appeared on my youtube feed today but doesn't seem to be listed on their site yet:

That 330d x drive touring I linked up north is great value if you wanted something more practical.
    Not even two years old.
    You'd have it less than 32 k I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I know of a 2013 330d identical to that one, same colour combo, slightly better spec and in perfect condition with low millage too if it suited anyone better. Was close to buying it myself at one stage. Better value again as it's bit further down the depreciation path.

Congrats Mark, now the real fun starts! Have you a choice made?

Cheers!

A7, 640D coupe, G30 520d. I think.

I'll offer what I think the Howth one is worth factoring in what they can be got for in the UK and they'll either shake my hand or won't.

The A7 has the appeal of its 2013, proper warranty, hopefully able to get a decent discount as it would be car number 6 I think from Frank Keane. And it's something different. Down on power but more than enough for the driving I do.

G30, lovely, I get it's not at a 6 series level but it would be a brand new car. Probably will work out too dear anyway.

I did look at the prices of 2006 911s but I kind of like being married.

bazz26 wrote: »
    This 430d do anything for you Mark, appeared on my youtube feed today but doesn't seem to be listed on their site yet:

Kind of put off by the size of them. Love the red and the leather though. The wood not so much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement