Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would you go next...

Comments

Idbatterim wrote: »
    The cost to change will be scandalous through a dealer I reckon. You aren't going from 4 pot diesel to six pot petrol. I'd stick with what you have and change when the gap has lowered a lot..
    maddness wrote: »
    He has a 428i...

I think Idbatterim is aware of that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Is today the big day?

Aye, got her safely back home in one piece!

I'm liking the black grills, much better than what was on it from previous owner.

Surprised by the economy. I took it handy now, but set the cruise control to 120kph on the motorway and was averaging 38mpg.

50094647352_2391909b77_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's a beauty and the black grill definitely suits it best. Nice contrast to the moonstone grey. Well wear with it. Even the reviews of the m340i with the same engine they were impressed with the mpg. To say I'm jealous is an understatement. :)

Any photos of the interior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Looks class, the adaptive LEDs and black grill really really add to the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

well wear Wailin. I hope you get many miles of pleasure.
    Looks great and the grille is a huge improvement.

I was looking up used 540i's on Autotrader and I think you got a bit of a bargain.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, delighted with it.

Few interior shots bazz.

50094781221_4d3c2b70d8_c.jpg
    50094781331_1759b70211_c.jpg
    50094199088_9fa352bf5d_c.jpg

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I was looking up used 540i's on Autotrader and I think you got a bit of a bargain.

It was actually the cheapest 2018 540i for sale on autotrader apart from a CAT S. Had me a bit concerned to be honest but it was bought by a guy who lives close to the garage and was a regular customer, he also had an i8. Apparently he died and the son dropped the car back to sell. They just wanted rid of it and were very open about it.

That's a lovely colour combo.

I'd say there is still a small market in NI for a 540i compared to the UK which helped on the selling price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Any exterior pics Wailan? Well wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Wailin wrote: »
    Thanks lads, delighted with it.

Few interior shots bazz.

50094781221_4d3c2b70d8_c.jpg
    50094781331_1759b70211_c.jpg
    50094199088_9fa352bf5d_c.jpg

It was actually the cheapest 2018 540i for sale on autotrader apart from a CAT S. Had me a bit concerned to be honest but it was bought by a guy who lives close to the garage and was a regular customer, he also had an i8. Apparently he died and the son dropped the car back to sell. They just wanted rid of it and were very open about it.

There'll be a queue of boardsies looking to buy that when you go to move it on! Lovely car and best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Stunning car Wailin. Congratulations and well wear. safe motoring...a real beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Will be interesting to hear why the salesman thinks your 428i is worth very little and the 440i for sale is worth a very large sum and try charge you a fortune to come up a year and up the engine range too.
    Cant use the diesel out of favour line, any guesses what it will be??
    Any guesses what the cost to change will be?
    I'm gonna guess 25k
    In fairness the price when new is quite a gap between the two as well.

Never fear I will not be trading in. I approached a southern main dealer last month. Wanted €27k plus my own for a 181 440i (which they would import themselves).

That roughly valued my car at €18k going on main dealer values of 440's down south. NUTS.

I'm currently waiting a video of a UK plated 440 I've my eye on with some decent spec. If I like what I see I'll advertise my own and take it from there. Surely there is someone out there that want's mine given the very limited choice in classifieds historically and also right now.

Aye, got her safely back home in one piece!

I'm liking the black grills, much better than what was on it from previous owner.

Surprised by the economy. I took it handy now, but set the cruise control to 120kph on the motorway and was averaging 38mpg.

Been following your story..glad it all worked out. That is fantastic, congrats! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well wear Wailin, car looks fantastic.

There'll be a queue of boardsies looking to buy that when you go to move it on! Lovely car and best of luck

Ha! I'm moving back to Ireland in 2022, it went through my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭SummerK

Congrats Wailin for a lovely car. Looks smashing and black grill gels well with the bluestone colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nice one Wailin, a rare bird on irish roads im sure! i certainly havent seen one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Ha! I'm moving back to Ireland in 2022, it went through my head!

In fairness I posted first!
    I'd say I'll be in a 530e in 2021/22 though. Have an itch to get a PHEV for some reason. And it's not money saving its just for something new

In fairness I posted first!
    I'd say I'll be in a 530e in 2021/22 though. Have an itch to get a PHEV for some reason. And it's not money saving its just for something new

Ah I change my mind on a weekly basis. A45 to M140i to the new S60 T8. Still it's nice to be working towards something.

• Advertisement

https://usedcarbuyer.ie/

Anybody know anything about or experience of these guys?

https://usedcarbuyer.ie/

Anybody know anything about or experience of these guys?

Google the address and you find Belgard Sales. Don't know what their rep is like though.

I never knew a 725d existed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9lagl-iuA

Don’t think they kept it for the lci version.
    That and the 740e both having 2.0 engines just seems wrong.
    49k asking for that car!
    Maybe good for a wedding car company especially being white.

Front m performance splitter, would you lads?

50084535577_56361db80a_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Personally no - unless you also added the side blades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dont do it.
    Had you similar on the last one?

No.
    Leave it standard.
    I would actually debadge.

mickdw wrote: »
    Dont do it.
    Had you similar on the last one?

I did, and it cheapened the car but it was a crap aftermarket and badly put on by cowboys. The oem ones are much better quality.

• Advertisement

No.
    Leave it standard.

Yeah I plan on removing the side m badges and xdrive on the rear. Will probably leave the 540i badge though.

Will probably leave the 540i swap for a 520d badge though.

Fixed that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Good god no, just no. How to ruin a lovely car. De badge too and keep it as standard looking as possible. Leave that kind of mod for the 520d’s.

ciarsd wrote: »
    Fixed that :D

I was thinking of putting a 116i badge on my M140...

Have you got the m140i yet?

You gotta :D superb car BTW :cool:

• Advertisement

Have you got the m140i yet?

I do, it’s fantastic.

Lol, taken on board lads, she won't be touched!

Madness, what year is your m140i and how does it compare to the golf r?

Well wear btw!

No.
    Leave it standard.

Never got debadging, I want people to know what I’m driving if it’s in anyway special or different. I like badges in general, side badges, I like that m-sport decal you see on some cars along the side, the clubsport decal on the Gti GS etc.

I think cars don’t look right ether from behind without badges, boot is too bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭chalky_ie

If it's carbon then I would, not a fan of the black plastic m performance stuff. Hard to tell from that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Never got debadging, I want people to know what I’m driving if it’s in anyway special or different.

People that need to read the badge though don't give a monkeys what it is. People with an interest in cars won't need the badge to know. Although with newer stuff im struggling myself. Years ago there were loads of subtle differences in them. I like the idea of debadging a proper car.

• Advertisement

Lol, taken on board lads, she won't be touched!

Madness, what year is your m140i and how does it compare to the golf r?

Well wear btw!

It’s a 172 shadow edition.
    It’s very different to a Golf R, not as quick off the line but a lot quicker once you are moving. It’s a handful even in the dry and wouldn’t see which way the golf went on a twisty road. The engine is incredible though, makes a great noise and just pulls even from low revs. I’d imagine it’s brilliant in a 5 series too.
    I absolutely love it.

People that need to read the badge though don't give a monkeys what it is. People with an interest in cars won't need the badge to know. Although with newer stuff im struggling myself. Years ago there were loads of subtle differences in them. I like the idea of debadging a proper car.

100% with you on this.
    My first Golf R was completely debadged and only got attention from the odd car enthusiast and blended in well with everything else. My second Golf R wasn’t and got loads of unwanted attention, every idiot in Ireland wanted to race me in it.

v12 lwb 7er:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdlQ3VgqkU&t=38s

Awesome car but that front grill is still hideous, way over the top imo.

Very brave of them getting that car in stock.

I wonder was it customer cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

A manual 140i is up there for me if I ever decide it's time to change the car. Had it two years now and it's hard to get away from the practical/cost/performance balance that it strikes.
    IMG-20200710-152141-658.jpg
    Jammed with stuff for a camping trip this weekend. Id say a 140 though is plenty practical, but does that fun stuff much better.

A manual 140i is up there for me if I ever decide it's time to change the car. Had it two years now and it's hard to get away from the practical/cost/performance balance that it strikes.
    IMG-20200710-152141-658.jpg
    Jammed with stuff for a camping trip this weekend. Id say a 140 though is plenty practical, but does that fun stuff much better.

My wife has a 3 series touring so I can get away with a small car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Just see there are a lot of posters on this thread that have good knowledge on BMWs. See two cars below both are 2019 330i but one is a sport the other is an M Sport. My knowledge is quite poor on BMW obviously I know the M sport is a higher spec but what are the specific additional extras you get over a sport model ? Also the M sport one mentions it has a technology pack what does that include ?

192 330i M Sport

191 330i Sport

CIP4 wrote: »
    Just see there are a lot of posters on this thread that have good knowledge on BMWs. See two cars below both are 2019 330i but one is a sport the other is an M Sport. My knowledge is quite poor on BMW obviously I know the M sport is a higher spec but what are the specific additional extras you get over a sport model ? Also the M sport one mentions it has a technology pack what does that include ?

192 330i M Sport

191 330i Sport

I think the m sport in the 3 series is the body kit, different bumpers, more aggressive styling, m sport steering wheel. Basically they area better looking car.
    Tech pack is the heads up display, Harman kardon speakers, wireless charging tray and WiFi I think but there might be more.
    M sport generally more desirable. Personally I would look for m sport plus pack if going for one which looks better again.
    You thinking of moving from golf gti now?

M Sport would be similar to Audi's S Line range. Sport would be a watered down version of the M Sport that sits between the SE and M Sport. The M Sport has lowered suspension, body kit, anthracite interior headlining, M Sport steering wheel, larger infotainment display and a few other things.

Technology Pack adds - Head Up Display, Harman/Kardon surround sound speaker system, wireless charging, enhanced bluetooth, Wifi hotspot and gesture control. I'd look for one with the M Sport Plus pack which includes larger 19" alloy wheels, larger blue coloured brake calipers and the adaptive suspension.

• Advertisement
Advertisement