Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would you go next...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

What's the budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

What's the budget?

Monthly budget of about €700 max.

If buying used that's very late 30s.

Bi turbo goodness

http://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/a7/8413094421658880767

Dunno would that come in under your €700 budget?

Edit: Probably not as it is in the 40's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any places I'm missing for ads in the UK apart from Pistonheads, Parkers, Auto trader etc? There's good value in the 2013, even a 2014 640 I found but the VRT on 2013 and 2014 is €10,000 and €11,500. Values on 2012s over there are strong enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

MarkN wrote: »
    Any places I'm missing for ads in the UK apart from Pistonheads, Parkers, Auto trader etc? There's good value in the 2013, even a 2014 640 I found but the VRT on 2013 and 2014 is €10,000 and €11,500. Values on 2012s over there are strong enough.

Forums for particular models and brands you are interested in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Have you consider a jag xk

Merlin have a 132 gun metal grey 640d with 38000km for auction Mark. Don't know if you would go down that route though. I went along for a look last year with no intention of buying but was surprised how cheap things went for on the night.

bmwguy wrote: »
    Merlin have a 132 gun metal grey 640d with 38000km for auction Mark. Don't know if you would go down that route though. I went along for a look last year with no intention of buying but was surprised how cheap things went for on the night.

That's Joe Duffy direct. I wonder why it's not being retailed? Partial service history as well.

• Advertisement

Coupe or Gran do you know?

Went to Beshoffs earlier to have another look at the 640s, they're just fantastic inside and out. Reckon we'll be able to do a deal on one of them that would make going to the UK much of a muchness. Full 12 month warranty being offered too.

Want to see what the A7 would work out monthly in the morning and then I'll be in a clearer place in my head. Although the 640 gives me a different feeling in the giddies to the A7.

Mooooo wrote: »
    Have you consider a jag xk

Different kind of running costs again.

Coupe or Gran do you know?

Went to Beshoffs earlier to have another look at the 640s, they're just fantastic inside and out. Reckon we'll be able to do a deal on one of them that would make going to the UK much of a muchness. Full 12 month warranty being offered too.

Want to see what the A7 would work out monthly in the morning and then I'll be in a clearer place in my head. Although the 640 gives me a different feeling in the giddies to the A7.

132 d 13937

It's Gran Coupe. It's on their Facebook feed. Looks nice but it does have an M6 badge which would have to come off!

Tuesday morning 10:30 it's up.

132 d 13937

It's Gran Coupe. It's on their Facebook feed. Looks nice but it does have an M6 badge which would have to come off!

Tuesday morning 10:30 it's up.

Yeah, standard is the way for me when it comes to cars. Those exhausts and rear splitter etc too OTT for a car like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I think you're a bmw man Mark.
    Can't see the A7 winning this one.
    Both of those 640d's look good in beshoffs. Is one higher spec than the other?

Do Beshoff's still have the silver 430d GC Mark?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Do Beshoff's still have the silver 430d GC Mark?

They do. Saw it yesterday.

One of the 640s has 20,000kms more but has a sunroof and heads up display, both the same price although slightly more wiggle room in the slightly less specced one. Out of the two I'd probably go for the one with the roof as I don't do more than 10,000-12,000kms a year. That said, while 90k isn't big at all, there would be UK ones with less on the clock. But I've seen this one in the flesh, I've seen the condition of it, for maybe €1-2000 saving (not including travelling to the UK etc) and a 12 month warranty up the road from me is it worth it?

Would any of you take the A7 over a 640?!

A Bitdi maybe but I wouldn't anyway. 640d m sport in carbon black with cream interior would've a much nicer place than the surprisingly cramped A7's cabin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

Those A7's are nice but 640d is just stunning. They look a lot bigger too, not sure if they actually are though.

• Advertisement

One of the 640s has 20,000kms more but has a sunroof and heads up display, both the same price although slightly more wiggle room in the slightly less specced one. Out of the two I'd probably go for the one with the roof as I don't do more than 10,000-12,000kms a year. That said, while 90k isn't big at all, there would be UK ones with less on the clock. But I've seen this one in the flesh, I've seen the condition of it, for maybe €1-2000 saving (not including travelling to the UK etc) and a 12 month warranty up the road from me is it worth it?

No. The 6 series wins here.

I think if you bought the A7 and then later seen a 6er pulled up in front of you, you'd be longing for one. I'd also go for the slightly better speced 6er but I like my toys anyway. Realistically 20k km extra is nothing especially if your doing low annual mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Speaking as an Audi man - the only A7 that runs it close i think is the BiTurbo Competition model so unless its that one it would be 640D all day long for me. Its the best looking beemer by a distance and i always love pulling up behind one. Priced in a different stratosphere too, starting at 105k vs 70k for the A7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I wouldn't and I don't think you should either. They are a good car and look well but if you are a BMW person you won't be happy in the A7.

So..... the guy who was due to take my car has had some loan issues. I told someone else not to make the trip to Dublin to view it on Sunday on the back of the other fella saying he would take it and putting a deposit down. Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

So..... the guy who was due to take my car has had some loan issues. I told someone else not to make the trip to Dublin to view it on Sunday on the back of the other fella saying he would take it and putting a deposit down. Balls.

I'd say that's common enough, don't rely on anyone until you have money in the bank - keep actively selling it.

So assuming you sell our car are you going with one of the back 640ds in howth?

• Advertisement

Call the other guy and explain. He might still be interested. That's a bit of a pain alright I had a lot of time wasters even on an e39 sale recently. Happens unfortunately maybe he will understand.

I texted him and said you might not be interested but just to let you know the car is still for sale if you are.

Where would you stand on giving a deposit back lads, considering I've potentially lost a sale?

I was planning on going out and putting money down on the 640 in Beshoffs yeah. Rang them and explained I can't risk putting €1,000 that isn't refundable down with the current situation.

I texted him and said you might not be interested but just to let you know the car is still for sale if you are.

Where would you stand on giving a deposit back lads, considering I've potentially lost a sale?

I was planning on going out and putting money down on the 640 in Beshoffs yeah. Rang them and explained I can't risk putting €1,000 that isn't refundable down with the current situation.

I would probably give it back to be honest, how much was it?

If 500 or more I definitely would if I felt he was genuine which he probably was if he handed you money.

If it was 100 or 200, I don't know.....

Ah nuts, if the second guy turns up and buys the car at the same price he would have bought it last weekend at then I'd probably give the first guy back his deposit as your not out of pocket. Other than that I'd keep it as you are now most likely going to have to re-advertise it and potentially drop the asking price again.

While I have sympathy with the first guy in that he has issues with his finances, he really should have had his ducks lined up prior to agreeing to buy. That's not your fault. And in saying that the second guy if he comes back, will probably know the first sale has fallen through and may try to use that as a negotiating tool on the price, I probably would.

So to summarize, if you do sell to the second guy and get the same money for it then I'd give the first guy most if not all his deposit back as your not out of pocket.

The second buyer will most likely offer less if he's interested.
    Is the first guy definitely gone or just sorting a loan?
    There was a time when I would give the money back but if he has messed up in agreeing a deal prematurely and head potentially scuppered you selling to someone else I would hold it.
    Nothing is ever straight forward is it?

• Advertisement

carsfan2 wrote: »
    The second buyer will most likely offer less if he's interested.
    Is the first guy definitely gone or just sorting a loan?
    There was a time when I would give the money back but if he has messed up in agreeing a deal prematurely and head potentially scuppered you selling to someone else I would hold it.
    Nothing is ever straight forward is it?

It sure isn't. Ah look I've no problem with giving the first guy back the deposit especially if the other guy takes it (he's viewing it at 7pm by the way, say a prayer for me lads). I would potentially keep 50% but we'll see how it plays out. He said he was approved a month ago but it lapsed and when he applied this week with same bank they declined. Said he's happy to appeal it but also said don't hold back selling mine in meantime.

I know the bottom line I'll take so if the other guy low balls I'll just say no, as tough as that will be.

best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Happened to a mate of mine recently too. How can lads not have this stuff sorted out before agreeing to buy?! The mind boggles.

I suspect some lending institutions baulk at lending for private sales too. Many of them require an invoice from a dealer.

Sold again. Keen buyer, had looked at 4/5 since the weekend and as soon as he saw the condition of mine that was it! Taking it on Thursday.

Going to give the other guy back his deposit, he's probably gutted enough as it is.

Fair result.

Sold again. Keen buyer, had looked at 4/5 since the weekend and as soon as he saw the condition of mine that was it! Taking it on Thursday.

Going to give the other guy back his deposit, he's probably gutted enough as it is.
    Great stuff. I hope this guy has his money in place though. Hope you did ok on the price.

Older buyer, business guy I think, just wants a weekend toy. Got almost the asking price again (exact same as Sat), deposit taken and asked me if a draft was ok for the rest on Thursday so all sounds good.

Fingers crossed it goes through with no hitches and then on to the fun bit of buying your new car.

Any update, have you bought the 640d?

All going well, I'm hoping to. Just waiting until I've money in my account for my car before I feel
    I can continue any further down the 640 route but hoping to collect it on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Feels like a child waiting for Christmas morning to come doesn't it?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Feels like a child waiting for Christmas morning to come doesn't it?

More stressful!!!

Brilliant, post plenty of pics and give us a review!

Deal done. Picking up tomorrow! Sorry everyone that with so many pages in this thread it's the same brand and the same model :)

Deal done. Picking up tomorrow! Sorry everyone that with so many pages in this thread it's the same brand and the same model :)

Is link to it still available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

what kind of discount if you don't mind me asking.
    Straight sale etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bought a car off Beshoffs 5/6 years ago... great to deal with, very professional. Best of luck with the new purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Pete123456

interestingly they have they ad up on their own site with 2 different mileages... maybe one was a mistake.

http://www.beshoffmotors.ie/used-cars.php?make_id=10&model_id=88&price_id=&search_submit=Find+Vehicles

Looks like a cracking car either way with low mileage and full of toys! best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Pete123456 wrote: »
    interestingly they have they ad up on their own site with 2 different mileages... maybe one was a mistake.

http://www.beshoffmotors.ie/used-cars.php?make_id=10&model_id=88&price_id=&search_submit=Find+Vehicles

Looks like a cracking car either way with low mileage and full of toys! best of luck with it!

They have 2 near identical cars though

Advertisement