Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4...KILL ALL NOOBS WITH KEYBOARD AND MOUSE...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If true and until Sony put a stop to it. Wouldn't be handing over any money anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As with all consoles, keyboard and mouse interfacing is locked to the rates of the consoles itself regarding the y and x axis'. So even with a move and keyboard, you can still only move and aim as quick as a controller would allow(ie not as fast as say a fully fledged FPs on PC)

I don't get the point of these. I have a gaming PC. If I wanted to play PS4 games on PC, I wouldn't have bought a PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks for the link.

Dont like your thread title though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

TheDoc wrote: »
    As with all consoles, keyboard and mouse interfacing is locked to the rates of the consoles itself regarding the y and x axis'. So even with a move and keyboard, you can still only move and aim as quick as a controller would allow(ie not as fast as say a fully fledged FPs on PC)

I don't get the point of these. I have a gaming PC. If I wanted to play PS4 games on PC, I wouldn't have bought a PS4...

Intersting doc never knew it was restricted to the console controller limits

MDwyer wrote: »
    Intersting doc never knew it was restricted to the console controller limits

Yeah pretty much every console has these restrictions. There will be a cap basically on the sensitivity and speed at which the Y and X axis can move.

Otherwise you could tweak sensitivity and have your analog sticks putting your crosshair all over the screen and be uncontrollable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im not really understanding this here. Consoles dont have a set sensitivity? It can be adjusted in game and the controller becomes more sensitive? Hence a mouse should as well no?

Dont see why it would work differently. Unless were talking about maximum sensitivity and that being higher on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much every console has these restrictions. There will be a cap basically on the sensitivity and speed at which the Y and X axis can move.

Otherwise you could tweak sensitivity and have your analog sticks putting your crosshair all over the screen and be uncontrollable

haha yeah imagine doing pc speed aiming would enrage people

EoinHef wrote: »
    Im not really understanding this here. Consoles dont have a set sensitivity? It can be adjusted in game and the controller becomes more sensitive? Hence a mouse should as well no?

Dont see why it would work differently. Unless were talking about maximum sensitivity and that being higher on PC

the sensitivity and speed of movement on the axis is much higher on a PC then on a console. While you can amend sensitivity within games or the system itself on PS4, it still has a cap, far below a PC.

The reason I'm pointing it out, is so that there isn't any ambiguity. So if like me you are a PC gamer and PS4 owner, there would be a noticable difference between playing some twitch shooters like say CoD or whatever.

I've tried keyboards and mice for consoles and never stuck with them as the speed could never really get high enough for me to feel it a benefit, always just ended up sticking with the controller. And to be honest using a keyboard and mouse and ditching the controller somewhat removes the chill aspect of a console, sitting back on a coach and playing.

Advertisement