Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Recommendation

• 25-11-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been living abroad recently but I'm back home for Xmas. My family would like to have internet at home so I'm looking for the best broadband deals to get. Can anyone reccomend an effective broadband, we're living in the countryside too so that may cause a problem. We used to have Eircom but got rid of it because it was too expensive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do your parents use a landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been living abroad recently but I'm back home for Xmas. My family would like to have internet at home so I'm looking for the best broadband deals to get. Can anyone reccomend an effective broadband, we're living in the countryside too so that may cause a problem. We used to have Eircom but got rid of it because it was too expensive

if you just want Broadband, you could try Vodafone Simply Broadband - €38 / month incl Line rental. I had a similar situaiton, VF reactivated the phone line for free and got me up and running - eircom wanted to charge for line reactivation and their BB costs were crazy. SKY didn't want to know about re-activating the line.

Some people complain about VF Customer Support, but to be honest I've had no problems with them - the only issue is where you are in the country as the BB speeds might be poor.

BTW: VF have increased their monthly Fair Usage (aka Unlimited Downloads) from 300GB to 1TB per month.

Hope this helps - and NO I'm not connected to VF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Hi all,

With Eircom,stand alone broadband, e40 a month, no download limit,fast e fibre,80/85 MB,where I live

Advertisement