Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVR to fixed rate mortgage.

Options
  • 25-11-2015 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a BoI mortgage for just over a year and wereare interested in switching from our SVR to a fixed as the rates are much better. Arethere any fees involved? For example validation or legal fees? Also since we received the stamp duty offer last year would we have to pay it back if we switched to aafixed rate? A general answer on this public forum is fine as I think these are questions relevant to all your current customers on SVRs. Thank in advance. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Josieg wrote: »
    Hi,

We have a BoI mortgage for just over a year and wereare interested in switching from our SVR to a fixed as the rates are much better. Arethere any fees involved? For example validation or legal fees? Also since we received the stamp duty offer last year would we have to pay it back if we switched to aafixed rate? A general answer on this public forum is fine as I think these are questions relevant to all your current customers on SVRs. Thank in advance. 
    Hi Josieg,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards today.

Yes a customer on a Bank of Ireland variable rate can choose to fix (or fix a part of their mortgage) at any time. There are no legal or valuation requirements and there are no implications for cashback paid.

I hope this answers your questions however if you wish to speak with one of our mortgage advisors on 01 6113333 they will be happy to go through your options with you.

Have a good day

Helen

Advertisement