Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

If this is on this weekend, It will hardly be an all ticket match though ?
    Or just pay on the day ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

greenspurs wrote: »
    If this is on this weekend, It will hardly be an all ticket match though ?
    Or just pay on the day ?

All ticket with unreserved seating I would guess

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

All ticket with unreserved seating I would guess

I would imagine there won't be the demand like there was for the tipp match a few years ago but there should be over 15-20k there. Let's get behind our lads when they need us most. Don't know what limerick wI'll bring but you would assume upwards of 7-10k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I would imagine there won't be the demand like there was for the tipp match a few years ago but there should be over 15-20k there. Let's get behind our lads when they need us most. Don't know what limerick wI'll bring but you would assume upwards of 7-10k

There was a poor crowd at Limerick Clare on a Bank Holiday Sunday, I think about 18000. The Limerick U21 game last Thursday was attended by 3700 on a fine evening, hurling seems to be at a low ebb in Limerick at present. It's hard to see them bringing between 7-10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

There won't be anywhere near 20,000. I would say 10-12000 tops. I would say you'll be counting the Limerick crowd in the hundreds baring in mind it won't be over till 8.30pm and then they have to get on the road and face the best part of a 2 1/2 journey home. When you factor that their year so far has been underwhelming and their record against Kilkenny in the Championship is very poor(haven't won since '73) i would imagine the ones who do travel will be the hardcore and will do so more in hope than expectation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

7 o clock Saturday with sky sports only showing it.I'm looking forward to it hopefully we can get the show back on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

I'm from limerick and will be goin....long drive to Kilkenny so don't expect a big limerick crowd, especially for a Sat eve 7.00 start....lucky to get a few thousand id say. At Clare game it was about 11,000 limerick, 8000 Clare...we always bring a decent crowd to thurles Our forward line is inexperienced and light at senior level. Ended Clare game with 9 lads 21 or under.

brookville wrote: »
    7 o clock Saturday with sky sports only showing it.I'm looking forward to it hopefully we can get the show back on the road

UH OHH !!!
    get ready for all the "Its a disgrace RTE arent showing it" people to start being outraged !!! :o:rolleyes:

UH OHH !!!
    get ready for all the "Its a disgrace RTE arent showing it" people to start being outraged !!! :o:rolleyes:

In fairness, Sky have had the marquee fixture from this round since they first came on board so the fair weather supporters can't act all outraged!

And id imagine sky will be showing the next round of qualifiers aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

There won't be anywhere near 20,000. I would say 10-12000 tops. I would say you'll be counting the Limerick crowd in the hundreds baring in mind it won't be over till 8.30pm and then they have to get on the road and face the best part of a 2 1/2 journey home. When you factor that their year so far has been underwhelming and their record against Kilkenny in the Championship is very poor(haven't won since '73) i would imagine the ones who do travel will be the hardcore and will do so more in hope than expectation.

I'd guess we'll bring 3-5k to the match yes pretty underwhelming so far this yr we're very young but feel there's a performance in us i'll be travelling in hope as you always would be with us but feel it's not impossible to win this one would really loved to have it at home though

lim4ev wrote: »
    I'd guess we'll bring 3-5k to the match yes pretty underwhelming so far this yr we're very young but feel there's a performance in us i'll be travelling in hope as you always would be with us but feel it's not impossible to win this one would really loved to have it at home though

No reason why ye should think it to be impossible after all we are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment. Though we would hope for an improved performance from Ger Alyward and Padraig Walsh with a couple of weeks extra training and Richie Leahy coming back with the 21's gives us another option in the forwards. However the defense still remains a concern.

From Kilkenny GAA website:

Following this morning's draw Kilkenny will play Limerick in the All Ireland Qualifiers Round 1 in Nowlan Park this coming Saturday evening with a 7pm throw in. The game will be televised live by Sky Sports with Radio commentary by KCLR 96FM.

The game will be ALL TICKET on an un-reserved basis but Stand Specific i.e "First Come First Served" but no facility to transfer inside the Ground. Click on Read More below for all the ticket prices.

Orders for stand tickets are presently being processed through the clubs. It is expected that tickets will also be available on-line and through the usual supermarket outlets. Season Ticket Holders will be contacted directly by Croke Park this week regarding procedures for this fixture.

Further information will be posted here as it becomes available.

Adults - Stand and Terrace - €15
    Children - €5

Students and Pensioners should purchase full price tickets and obtain refunds at the designated stiles.

Season Ticket Holders will be contacted directly by Croke Park this week regarding arrangements for this fixture. Season Ticket Cards can be used to access the Ground via Stiles 14 to 17 on Hebron Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Children - €5

Students and Pensioners should purchase full price tickets and obtain refunds at the designated stiles.

That's incredible value to be fair, but I bet we won't have the usual suspects who are always complaining about extortionate prices coming on to praise the GAA.

From Kilkenny GAA website:

Following this morning's draw Kilkenny will play Limerick in the All Ireland Qualifiers Round 1 in Nowlan Park this coming Saturday evening with a 7pm throw in. The game will be televised live by Sky Sports with Radio commentary by KCLR 96FM.

The game will be ALL TICKET on an un-reserved basis but Stand Specific i.e "First Come First Served" but no facility to transfer inside the Ground. Click on Read More below for all the ticket prices.

Orders for stand tickets are presently being processed through the clubs. It is expected that tickets will also be available on-line and through the usual supermarket outlets. Season Ticket Holders will be contacted directly by Croke Park this week regarding procedures for this fixture.

Further information will be posted here as it becomes available.

Children - €5

Season Ticket Holders will be contacted directly by Croke Park this week regarding arrangements for this fixture. Season Ticket Cards can be used to access the Ground via Stiles 14 to 17 on Hebron Road.

So am i reading this correctly in assuming Season Tickets cover this fixture?

danganabu wrote: »
    the usual suspects who are always complaining about extortionate prices coming on to praise the GAA.

They will wait if theres any replays, and start then ! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So am i reading this correctly in assuming Season Tickets cover this fixture?

You have to pay for the ticket, the price comes off your credit card, then you just scan the card on entry. But it is not included in the €100 that you paid at the start of the season. That covered the league games and the Wexford game.

In theory we should get €5 off the price of this one.

adrian522 wrote: »
    You have to pay for the ticket, the price comes off your credit card, then you just scan the card on entry. But it is not included in the €100 that you paid at the start of the season. That covered the league games and the Wexford game.

In theory we should get €5 off the price of this one.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. Just the way it was phrased on the bottom two lines thought we were getting another freebie cos they felt sorry for us with us having to go the qualifier route!:D Thanks for clearing that up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

3pm? Got this from the season ticket crowd:
    Your County will once again take to the field in the GAA Championship on Saturday July 1st. "Pay & Play" is in operation for this fixture so please ensure that the credit / debit card details on your account are up to date so that payment can be processed.

PRICING INFORMATION:

ADULT: €10

JUVENILE (U16): €5

FIXTURE DETAILS:

KILKENNY V LIMERICK - SHC QUALIFIER ROUND 1
    NOWLAN PARK @ 3.00PM
    Season Ticket Holders will be seated in the Ardan De Gras and unreserved seating will be operation.

Please use turnstiles 14 - 17 on Hebron Road in order to have your season ticket card scanned.

TIPPERARY V WESTMEATH - SHC QUALIFIER ROUND 1
    SEMPLE STADIUM @ 5.00PM
    Season Ticket Holders will be seated in the Ardan O Riain and unreserved seating will be operation.

Please use turnstiles 51 - 54 in order to have your season ticket card scanned.

DUBLIN V LAOIS - SHC QUALIFIER ROUND 1
    PARNELL PARK @ 7.00PM
    This is an unreserved fixture. Seating will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

OFFALY V WATERFORD - SHC QUALIFIER ROUND 1
    BORD NA MONA O'CONNOR PARK @ 3.00PM
    This is an unreserved fixture. Seating will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

LAOIS V CLARE - SFC QUALIFIER ROUND 2A
    O'MOORE PARK @ 3.00PM

Once payments have been processed you will simply be required to present your GAA Season Ticket card for scanning at the designated turnstiles at the venue.

PAY & PLAY

We will be processing payments on Tuesday June 27th.

Please note that your Season Ticket will not be valid for this fixture if the payment cannot be processed.

To update your card details please click HERE to log into your Account.

Click HERE for a simple User Guide

OPT-OUT

If you wish to use your "Opt Out" for this fixture this must also be done via your Season Ticket account.

The "Opt Out" option is non-reversible and is available until 2.00pm on Tuesday June 27th.

Details on how to complete this are available HERE

Please note that full fixture & ticketing information for Season Ticket holders will be published on the Official GAA website throughout the Championship. Click HERE for this information.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

No reason why ye should think it to be impossible after all we are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment. Though we would hope for an improved performance from Ger Alyward and Padraig Walsh with a couple of weeks extra training and Richie Leahy coming back with the 21's gives us another option in the forwards. However the defense still remains a concern.

We have a few lads to come back from the clare match ourselves so we should be better too still though we were very disappointing v clare still it's a big ask but we'r hopeful there's a lot of talent there but need to get it out of them

• Advertisement

3pm? Got this from the season ticket crowd:

Yeah, the time is wrong. Confirmed on GAA.ie a few hours ago for 7pm and live on Sky. Thanks for that!

Good value for €10 it has to be said.

Good value for €10 it has to be said.

Absolutely, you wouldn't get a burger at some Premier League matches for a tenner!

Absolutely, you wouldn't get a burger at some Premier League matches for a tenner!

A strange comparison to make ?!

Anyone here any idea how the lads have trained for the past two weeks? Haven't heard a peep.
    Is padraig after getting two weeks of solid training? Ger aylward?
    Has bolger been playing a more central role in training?
    I would like to think we are bulling for this.
    On mick fennelly, has he been doing any training at all?

A strange comparison to make ?!

What's strange about comparing the prices of two sporting events?

What's strange about comparing the prices of two sporting events?
    The price of entry into an amateur event in Ireland, to the price of a burger in a professional game in England .......... :confused:

The price of entry into an amateur event in Ireland, to the price of a burger in a professional game in England .......... :confused:

You seem to be very easily confused!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

E.Murphy
    P.Murphy
    C.Delaney
    C.O'Shea
    P.Walsh
    J.Cleere
    C.Buckley
    C.Fogarty
    R.Leahy
    TJ.Reid
    R.Hogan
    R.Reid
    G.Alyward
    C.Fennelly
    W.Walsh

• Advertisement

You seem to be very easily confused!:D

How?
    I said your price comparison was strange, and then pointed out what you had compared ....

How?
    I said your price comparison was strange, and then pointed out what you had compared ....

You get confused by someone comparing the relative prices of two sporting events!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

SteJer wrote: »
    E.Murphy
    P.Murphy
    C.Delaney
    C.O'Shea
    P.Walsh
    J.Cleere
    C.Buckley
    C.Fogarty
    R.Leahy
    TJ.Reid
    R.Hogan
    R.Reid
    G.Alyward
    C.Fennelly
    W.Walsh
    I don't think Brian will give Conor Delaney a debut in this match at full back, might make him corner back instead of Conor O'Shea with Joyce or Holden at full back. Kevin Kelly maybe instead of Richie Reid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Is there a difference between an amateur burger and a professional burger? :P

New & Old Stand tickets available on http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/ at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

New & Old Stand tickets available on http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/ at the moment.

Cant make it to the game, will it be the televised game on Sky?

• Advertisement

lim4ev wrote: »
    We have a few lads to come back from the clare match ourselves so we should be better too still though we were very disappointing v clare still it's a big ask but we'r hopeful there's a lot of talent there but need to get it out of them

How are ye're injured lads coming along or who were ye missing?I know heagerty was missing the last day his a good hurler.Is tom condon injured his a tigerish defender?kilkenny probably slight favourites but it's a great chance for players like hannon and dowling to stand up lead by example especially with a lot of youngsters on board.It's looks like a serious u21 team limerick have this year
    There's being little or no talk coming from our camp since the wexford match.I'd expect changes from the last day and hopefully a response from the lads who will know themselves the performance wasn't good enough.
    Richie hogan has to be a concern but we need more from our forwards who've being to reliant on tj all year granted Colin was excellent the last day but we need more from wally and others
    The team will be interesting Friday night I'd expect a few changes in defence and maybe one or 2 in the fowards

How are ye're injured lads coming along or who were ye missing?I know heagerty was missing the last day his a good hurler.Is tom condon injured his a tigerish defender?kilkenny probably slight favourites but it's a great chance for players like hannon and dowling to stand up lead by example especially with a lot of youngsters on board.It's looks like a serious u21 team limerick have this year
    There's being little or no talk coming from our camp since the wexford match.I'd expect changes from the last day and hopefully a response from the lads who will know themselves the performance wasn't good enough.
    Richie hogan has to be a concern but we need more from our forwards who've being to reliant on tj all year granted Colin was excellent the last day but we need more from wally and others
    The team will be interesting Friday night I'd expect a few changes in defence and maybe one or 2 in the fowards

What changes do you forsee in our defence and forwards?
    Cleere, joe lyng?
    Leahy, bolger, donnelly?

kfrp wrote: »
    Cant make it to the game, will it be the televised game on Sky?

Yep was confirmed this afternoon as the live game on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

What changes do you forsee in our defence and forwards?
    Cleere, joe lyng?
    Leahy, bolger, donnelly?

The u21 final is Wednesday week it'll be tough going for anyone involved should we win saturday they could be playing 3 matches in a week.
    I think we'll see murphy back at 2 with a different no4 I don't think lennon or o shea are up to it and I think o shea could be a doubt.
    Padraig will most likely go back to five with Buckley and I'd like to see fogarty on that half back line it would be solid with them 3,
    From midfield up we have to get the combination right and hope hogan and wally have recovered from injury and have big performances in them
    I'd like to see leahy starting mf with hogan if hogan is fit
    Up front we could see someone like donnelly starting wing forward his a good target man granted it'd be a big ask to throw him in but it wouldn't be a huge shock
    Tj, colin,ger and wally will all probably start but as I said wally needs a big game and not messing with the opposition getting distracted.
    I wouldn't be afraid to start bolger he was unlucky the last day not to get a goal or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

blackcard wrote: »
    I don't think Brian will give Conor Delaney a debut in this match at full back, might make him corner back instead of Conor O'Shea with Joyce or Holden at full back. Kevin Kelly maybe instead of Richie Reid

That's the team I'd like to see. The actual team will probably be;

Murphy
    Murphy
    Walsh
    O'Shea
    Fogarty
    Joyce
    Buckley
    Lester
    Deegan
    TJ
    Richie
    Walter
    Alyward
    Fennelly
    Blanchfield

That team might beat Limerick but it certainly won't win an All Ireland. Now is the time to try a few new lads and either sink or swim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Heard Billy Ryan has been flying it in training and could be thrown into the match at some stage. I know he was quiet against Westmeath but I think this lad has serious potential. He has great pace and has a serious work ethic, something I think which would endear him to Cody. I thought he was the best player on the field against Dublin and now along with the returning and in form Richie Leahy, Donnelly, Delaney, Scanlon, the prospects look much better.
    I'm really looking forward to heading into Nowlan Park and hoping there's a great crowd number 1 and we're treated to an excellent, exciting game of hurling number 2 and of course a KK win number 3!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Happy with the draw. Home draw is all you can ask for at this stage so that's a positive.

Anybody know is Richie Hogan training these days? I though V Wexford that he needed a complete rest to get himself right again.

Everyone needs to get behind the panel now and drive them on for the rest of the season. A bit of positivity and encouragement is needed this week.

Hegarty at best 50/50 Byrnes played for his club a few weeks back so he's ok I think,will o donoghue is another injury but don't know what's the story there. I think we'll be decent and have a chance if we can limit the one thing we're best at which is giving away the most brain dead scores if we don't it might be close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Village87

Kilkenny should have to much for these lads at home. Lets see some other players step up to mark, without always relying on the brillance of TJ and Riche to pull us through, Wally Walsh & Buckley & Padraig Walsh & Eoin Murphy are next in line and doing well, they stepped up last year and we need more players to step up and lead the team.

I want to see a big game from Conor Fogarty now that Mick Fennelly is probably out, hasn't played a dominant game for Kilkenny in a long time.

All going well a win Saturday should see us in the draw the following week against Tipp or Waterford r Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭droppingball

Someone told me this morning that Jonjo Farrell had dropped himself off the panel. Anyone else heard if this is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Village87

Someone told me this morning that Jonjo Farrell had dropped himself off the panel. Anyone else heard if this is the case.

He dead right if he has.. Bringing on a sub goalie in his place last day v Wexford, Mark Bergin gone aswel i think ?

I agree we need a big performance from those mentioned but we need a big performance from everyone.Hopefully the lads can rise it but the concern is we've being only average all year apart from the tipp match in the league but summer hurling is different.
    None of us really knows whats going on but if padraig is back at 3 we could possibly see joyce moving to 4.I think buckley will be our long terrn number 6 I'd leave him at 6 with fogarty and possibly joey on the wing
    A good win Saturday evening at home could be a great kick start but we can't be looking to next matches this one saturday evening will be tough enough

Village87 wrote: »
    He dead right if he has.. Bringing on a sub goalie in his place last day v Wexford, Mark Bergin gone aswel i think ?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did it was baffling bringing on richie reid in the forwards the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

I was talking to one of the players last Saturday and he was saying that he was surprised John Power had dropped himself from the panel that now was the time of year when all the hard work was done. He did say however that Power had been suffering from injuries for a lot of the year (which was reported on here) but he also wasn't happy with his form. He has elected to go back to his club see how things go and if he's form comes back, the door is wide open to him as far as Cody is concerned. I have no idea about Jonjo Farrell or Mark Bergin leaving the panel.

Jonjo wouldn't surprise me as he was snubbed badly with the substitution the last day and during the league this year. I talked to him last year and he seemed to have a pretty hectic schedule with his life at that time between teaching, helping on the farm at home, a new baby and hurling constantly. I can see how the last day may have been the straw that broke the camels back but I'd be surprised too as he seemed very driven and dedicated.

Mark Bergin would be a big surprise for me after being chosen by his club to be the captain. To then drop himself off the panel in the middle of the year? I don't think he would, unless there's something massively wrong in the camp.

The player i was talking to has said they had a very hard last few weeks in training and he reckoned they needed it, I couldn't disagree with him. Hopefully it's brought them on a lot, he wasn't giving anything else away.

Limerick at home is pretty much the perfect test for us at this stage it's not a Laois who we would beat easily even if we're not right. It's also not Waterford or Tipp who we may beat but it would be a 60-40 game in their favour it think. With the teams state of mind from the last day I reckon both of those teams would probably knock us out. I think Limerick will really put it up to us but if we've ironed out some of the mental issues and frailties, added back in a big chunk of desire and intensity we have the players to win. If we do win it, it can change everything and the whole camps outlook changes and I would then give us a great chance against any of the teams in the second round.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement