Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

1984baby wrote: »
    Buckley wing back and corner forward???

He's some man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

brookville wrote: »
    For what it's worth it heard joey will be corner back,lester and michael mf and chris bolger corner foward we'll know tonight if it true or not
    Murphy
    Murphy,walsh,joey
    fogarty,joyce,buckley
    Lester,michael
    Walter,richie,tj
    Ger,colin,buckley
    Who did you hear it off

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Kil. v Lim. E Murphy P Murphy P Walsh J Holden C Fogarty C Buckley J Lyng M Fennelly P Deegan C Bolger W Walsh TJ Reid R Hogan C Fennelly G Aylward Subs R Reid K Joyce S Prendergast R Lennon J Cleere L Ryan O Walsh K Kelly JJ Farrell M Bergin L Blanchfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Kil. v Lim.
    E Murphy
    P Murphy P Walsh J Holden
    C Fogarty C Buckley J Lyng
    M Fennelly P Deegan
    C Bolger W Walsh TJ Reid
    R Hogan C Fennelly G Aylward
    Subs
    R Reid
    K Joyce
    S Prendergast
    R Lennon
    J Cleere
    L Ryan
    O Walsh
    K Kelly
    JJ Farrell
    M Bergin
    L Blanchfield
    Official team

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Kil. v Lim.
    E Murphy
    M Fennelly P Deegan
    C Bolger W Walsh TJ Reid
    Subs
    R Reid
    K Joyce
    S Prendergast
    R Lennon
    J Cleere
    L Ryan
    O Walsh
    K Kelly
    JJ Farrell
    M Bergin
    L Blanchfield
    Official team

Happy enough with that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Decent team . Although Chris bolger starting is a bit of a surprise. He hasn't really ever done anything to say he is a better scorer then some of the subs

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Big difference in the team that took on wexford is we've gone with some pace

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Could be a few switches. Joey to CB, buckley to wing and lyng back in corner.
    Mick fennelly possibly to half forward line with richie/wally out midfield

Minor Kil. v Dub.
    D Mason
    T Ronan M Carey D Walsh
    J Brennan C Flynn J Molloy
    E O Shea N Brassil
    J Roberts C Heary J Ryan
    D Barron A Mullen S Ryan
    Subs
    B Maher
    L Murphy
    B Staunton
    J Manogue
    N Brennan
    J Kelly
    J Dowd
    E Cody
    R Connolly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Walter Walsh lucky to be starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Kil. v Lim.
    E Murphy
    M Fennelly P Deegan
    C Bolger W Walsh TJ Reid
    Subs
    R Reid
    K Joyce
    S Prendergast
    R Lennon
    J Cleere
    L Ryan
    O Walsh
    K Kelly
    JJ Farrell
    M Bergin
    L Blanchfield
    Official team

I wasn't to far off I'm surprised joe lyng is starting

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

No richie leahy?????

I wasn't to far off I'm surprised joe lyng is starting
    You certainly were not I would be surprised with Joe lyng hopefully all goes well he must be going well in training he has it in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

No richie leahy?????

Injured I heard

Village87 wrote: »
    Well I'm sure he said something to Cody and he is still there so I expect he will play a prominent role Saturday, Jonjo is not a pup on the panel anymore he has nothing to lose about venting his frustrations at management.

Jonjo must not have taken your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kil. v Lim.
    E Murphy
    M Fennelly P Deegan
    C Bolger W Walsh TJ Reid
    Subs
    R Reid
    K Joyce
    S Prendergast
    R Lennon
    J Cleere
    L Ryan
    O Walsh
    K Kelly
    JJ Farrell
    M Bergin
    L Blanchfield
    Official team
    No complaints about that team. I would have Jason Cleere at right wing back with Conor Fogarty at midfield instead of Paddy Deegan. Bit of speed in the backs named.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dionysis

Would have put Lester on instead of Deegan but could live with that team. Noticeable the lack of U-21 team players with the exception of Blanchfield. He must be looking after the fplayers for the game next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Anyone got a spare ticket for Ardan de Gras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

oconnol1 wrote: »
    Kil. v Lim. E Murphy P Murphy P Walsh J Holden C Fogarty C Buckley J Lyng M Fennelly P Deegan C Bolger W Walsh TJ Reid R Hogan C Fennelly G Aylward Subs R Reid K Joyce S Prendergast R Lennon J Cleere L Ryan O Walsh K Kelly JJ Farrell M Bergin L Blanchfield

Strong 15 all in all. I just hope Hogan, Feno and Walsh are 100% fit.

Personally I'd have Joyce at 3, Walsh at 5, Fogarty at 6, Cleere at 7, Buckley at 8 with most of the rest of the team the same assuming Leahy is injured.

I'd also have more of the U21s in there on the bench. Not much on the bench in terms of attacking options bar Kevin Kelly and possibly Lester (but I still class him as a midfielder). Blanchfield has potential but he has been very poor in the league, very poor in both U21 games so far and the same against Wexford when he came on. I'd have 3 or 4 of the other 21s in there ahead of him, Bergin and Jonjo. Although at least Jonjo will fight tooth and nail for every scrap at least.

Happy to see Bolger get his chance. Hopefully he takes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Like that team especially the six forwards.joyce very unlucky not to start.also would have played fogarty midfield for deegan, walsh out to half back with joyce at full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

This time tomorrow evening, it'll be all over!!
    I'm looking for a good performance with agressive and hopefully we get the result.
    Good luck to all travelling.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Like that team especially the six forwards.joyce very unlucky not to start.also would have played fogarty midfield for deegan, walsh out to half back with joyce at full.

Maybe there'll be changes yet!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Wouldnt start deegan midfield not good enough at this level

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Wouldnt start deegan midfield not good enough at this level

Lester and Joyce unlucky but I was told joey was going well.I'm surprised deegan is starting but he must of being going well.It's a strong team on paper anyway ad I think we should do it.It's also interesting that donnelly or leahy aren't in the squad.also it's good to see bergin back on the panel.What kinda crowd are we expecting tomorrow evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What kinda crowd are we expecting tomorrow evening?

The two main stands are both sold-out so looking like a decent crowd in the Park

Lester and Joyce unlucky but I was told joey was going well.I'm surprised deegan is starting but he must of being going well.It's a strong team on paper anyway ad I think we should do it.It's also interesting that donnelly or leahy aren't in the squad.also it's good to see bergin back on the panel.What kinda crowd are we expecting tomorrow evening?

Co. Board are expecting between 14 to 16k

Here's wishing the lads the very best of luck this evening. Hopefully we will see a full on vomited performance. If that happens we will be on again and it will give us a shot in the arm for next week. Hopefully mick is ok. I hear he is powering in training. With ger and padraig after getting a few more weeks it certainly helps. Don't be surprised to see joyce, kevin kelly or john joe coming in.
    Big day for bolger. It's his chance now.
    Some positional switches in the backs likely after 10 mins.
    Also hogan may drift out into space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Here's wishing the lads the very best of luck this evening. Hopefully we will see a full on vomited performance.

Not sure about this, maybe a committed performance would be enough.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not sure about this, maybe a committed performance would be enough.

Apologies for the typo. As you say committed would be a better choice of terminology. That's predictive text for you.

• Advertisement

I think everyone is feeling a bit more upbeat today in comparsion with the Saturday before the Wexford game.

Team has a bit of pace to it, coupled with all 15 lads being fit. We should be in a good place.

Best wishes to all concerned - a big 5 days ahead for KK hurling.

Here's wishing the lads the very best of luck this evening. Hopefully we will see a full on vomited performance. If that happens we will be on again and it will give us a shot in the arm for next week. Hopefully mick is ok. I hear he is powering in training. With ger and padraig after getting a few more weeks it certainly helps. Don't be surprised to see joyce, kevin kelly or john joe coming in.
    Big day for bolger. It's his chance now.
    Some positional switches in the backs likely after 10 mins.
    Also hogan may drift out into space.

You'd imagine hogan will be further out the field and bolger corner foward.Joe lyng and joey could possibly switch.Bolger,colin and ger have scores in them hopefully they deliver.
    We also have experience on the bench and a full squad minus conor o'shea who's injured hopefully everyone's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Best of luck to the lads today. I hope they are all fit and if so I would have great confidence in them to beat Limerick. I just hope we start playing a bit smarter now too with good diagonal balls in to forwards running in to space, and not those hit and hope shots with snow on them hoping that our forwards can outmuscle their men. That wont work anymore in the modern game and seeing those kind of clearances from our backs against wexford with their extra man back and packed defence was disappointing. Hope Brian and the selectors have been trying out a few tactics of their own in training.

Have to say looking at it in a pub on Sky. Very poor affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Butterbeans

Lot of work to do in 2nd half. Walter has really dug in the last 15/20mins. Need better ball into the forwards. Luckily some shocking shooting from Limerick. All to do. C'mon the Cats!

Have too say shocking wides from both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Have too say shocking wides from both sides

Brutal. Messy game.

Walters points being a big thing. Joey good game

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

Awful match. If Limerick had a few decent forwards we'd be in serious bother.

Our forward line carries zero threat. Waterford or Tipp would have had beaten us by double digits tonight.

JaffaP wrote: »
    Awful match. If Limerick had a few decent forwards we'd be in serious bother.

Our forward line carries zero threat. Waterford or Tipp would have had beaten us by double digits tonight.

We hit many a bad wide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Not a good game but nice to get over the line. Micheal fennelly had a huge game . We are struggling overall though , I expect Kevin kelly and lester Ryan to start the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭kk.man

It may not be have been a great match to watch. However Cody seems to be going with a two man full forward line. We won't rack up the same scores with that tactic nether will the opposition! We also did the same in Wexford Park. I'm not dismissing it maybe a good idea given where we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

kk.man wrote: »
    It may not be have been a great match to watch. However Cody seems to be going with a two man full forward line. We won't rack up the same scores with that tactic nether will the opposition! We also did the same in Wexford Park. I'm not dismissing it maybe a good idea given where we are.

If a team nullify TJ Reid in the air then Kilkenny are in all sorts of trouble, he is the only out in the forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

I hope to god mick spends the next week in an ice bath as we need a similar, if not bigger, performance out of him next Saturday to have any chance whoever we draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Shocked at how long Richie was left on for. He had a nightmare, obviously not over his injuries.

Colin got no ball whatsoever either. Thought the move out to half was too late, i like to see him out a bit further so he can make his trademark runs.

On the positive side, it was great to see a return to form of Paul Murphy. Padraig Walsh and Cillian Buckley played well also. Joey Holden still seems to lack confidence. Hope Michael Fennelly makes it next week, this was only his second since last August. Hopefully Richie Hogan is more accurate the next day. We won despite missing three good goal chances and hit a number of bad widespread, as did Limerick. I was disappointed that we played three in midfield leaving Limerick with a free man at the back. Hard to see us going much further based on all our performances this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Our game plan seems to be to isolate Colin inside but the problem with that is that Colins off the ball movement is really quite poor (as is nearly all our forwards with Kelly being the exception when he came on) and if that is our game plan then what in the name of Jaysus are they doing in training because the backs can't deliver a ball for ****. It's desperate to watch.

Also why is Wally playing so deep? He knocked over some great scores but he was back on our half back line a lot.

And it pains me watching Padraig at full back when he should be dominating the half back line.

I left the Park feeling as if we lost. Desperate performances from some on the team.

I left the Park feeling as if we lost. Desperate performances from some on the team.
    Much the same, I never enjoyed a win less.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Colin got no ball whatsoever either. Thought the move out to half was too late, i like to see him out a bit further so he can make his trademark runs.

Colin got loads of ball in, he just couldn't win anything at all in my opinion. He got long ball deliverd in and some more precise passes from his brother. He wasn't able to win anything.

I too would prefer to see him further out the field considering he is probably our fastest player. Great running at players and a nightmare for defenders who have possession.

I counted ONCE in the whole match when he actually had the ball in his hand. Someone please tell me that I am completely wrong.

EDIT: I've watched the game on TV after coming home from the match, and Colin did get some atrocious ball played into him. But he didn't possession once when full forward even for a decent ball played in.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Mulbert

I thought that was a like a typical Kilkenny win from years ago. Was like the clock turned back.

The opposition were equal in many ways but pure determined and absolute doggedness by the defence shone.

Willie'OConnoresque.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement