Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

I'd assume a double header is what they'll go for. Thurles would be the best location for Waterford vs KK. If I was a dub I wouldn't want it played there. Limerick is the most suitable available venue for a double header. No-one wants to go there, but I imagine it'll either be there or the Dubs will be convinced to concede home advantage and it'll be in Thurles. In fairness, if there's one county that can't complain at having to play at someone else's home ground it's Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

road_high wrote: »

1)And why would a double header promote the game vs 2 separate ones?

2)Of course tipp shouldn't be handed home advantage- this is knock out, do or die so every team needs to use every advantage at their disposal, including venues.

1) Far more people would get to see the game. All journalists and broadcasters would be at both games. A bigger crowd would be tempted to go as there would be two games. It's obvious enough I think.

2) That's a separate argument and not what I raised in my post at all.

greenspurs wrote: »
    I read it as he meant that the Tipp match should have been in Westmeath ?
    Therefore promoting the game in Westmeath ?

Yeah, that's clearly what he meant. I have no problem with that. But an extension of that argument would surely be what'd be wrong with promoting the game more generally and making it easier and more suitable for as many as possible to attend irrespective of the match involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Powerhouse wrote: »
    1) Far more people would get to see the game. All journalists and broadcasters would be at both games. A bigger crowd would be tempted to go as there would be two games. It's obvious enough I think.

2) That's a separate argument and not what I raised in my post at all.

Do you think Dublin or indeed Tipp care less about the game being promoted at this particular stage- they want to win and will want to use each and every advantage they can. Handing Tipp home advantage wouldn't be one I'd be conceding if I were Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yeah, that's clearly what he meant. I have no problem with that. But an extension of that argument would surely be what'd be wrong with promoting the game more generally and making it easier and more suitable for as many as possible to attend irrespective of the match involved?

In fairness , not many 'floating' Westmeath supporters would travel to see their hurlers get well beaten, but if the game was at home, they probably would go along..... ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

road_high wrote: »
    Do you think Dublin or indeed Tipp care less about the game being promoted at this particular stage- they want to win and will want to use each and every advantage they can. Handing Tipp home advantage wouldn't be one I'd be conceding if I were Dublin.

No, but then again I didn't reply to Dublin or Tipp. I replied to a poster who was talking about promoting the game in one situation but seemed not so keen in another. What Dublin or Tipp think is irrelevant.

In fairness , not many 'floating' Westmeath supporters would travel to see their hurlers get well beaten, but if the game was at home, they probably would go along..... ?

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't get carried away about it though.

Here are some recent attendances for the Westmeath hurlers against similar opposition:

At home:

2015 v Limerick – 2,700
    2015 v Wexford – 4,000
    2016 v Galway – 5,623

Away:

2017 v Tipperary – 6,893

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Why not play Tipp Dublin as a curtain raiser to Cavan Tipp in the football next Saturday?

C__MC wrote: »
    Why not play Tipp Dublin as a curtain raiser to Cavan Tipp in the football next Saturday?

Why not indeed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't get carried away about it though.

Here are some recent attendances for the Westmeath hurlers against similar opposition:

At home:

2015 v Limerick – 2,700
    2015 v Wexford – 4,000
    2016 v Galway – 5,623

Away:

2017 v Tipperary – 6,893

The vast majority of the 6,893 in Thurles yesterday would have been from Tipp. Whereas the majority of the crowd in Mullingar would have been from Westmeath.
    There are a lot of passionate hurling people in Westmeath, anything that can be done to promote the game there should be encouraged.

• Advertisement

The vast majority of the 6,893 in Thurles yesterday would have been from Tipp. Whereas the majority of the crowd in Mullingar would have been from Westmeath.
    There are a lot of passionate hurling people in Westmeath, anything that can be done to promote the game there should be encouraged.

That was the point i was making ...
    Attendances can be misleading, if all the facts and factors arent mentioned.

I'm not saying that the game shouldn't be promoted. I'm just saying that less people would probably have seen the game in Mullingar. Presumably the 'passionate' people would have travelled to Thurles anyway, and probably enjoyed the experience of playing at that venue.

What facts and factors? Of course proximity to the venue encourages people to attend. That's not exactly a mysterious factor we need to unveil. Less people would have seen the game in Mullingar simply because the following for the sport in that county is miniscule (half the crowd would probably have been Dublin-based Tipperary people). By all means promote the game by choosing specific venues of need be but let's not get carried away about the numbers who missed out in this case.

What facts and factors? Of course proximity to the venue encourages people to attend. That's not exactly a mysterious factor we need to unveil. Less people would have seen the game in Mullingar simply because the following for the sport in that county is miniscule (half the crowd would probably have been Dublin-based Tipperary people). By all means promote the game by choosing specific venues of need be but let's not get carried away about the numbers who missed out in this case.

Factors -
    What teams are playing.
    Championship or League
    Saturday afternoon or evening throw in
    Sunday afternoon or evening throw in.
    Would they all not have a bearing on attendance ?

Facts-
    A match against Tipp in Mullingar would entice more people from around Mullingar and Westmeath to go to it, than the same fixture would in Thurles..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Is this the Kilkenny thread?

citykat wrote: »
    Is this the Kilkenny thread?

It was until the lad got a bit uptight about Mullingar !! :D

Will it be 0-0 to 0-0 against Waterford.....

Unless one of us gets a free close to goals ....:p:D

Factors -
    What teams are playing.
    Championship or League
    Saturday afternoon or evening throw in
    Sunday afternoon or evening throw in.
    Would they all not have a bearing on attendance ?

Facts-
    A match against Tipp in Mullingar would entice more people from around Mullingar and Westmeath to go to it, than the same fixture would in Thurles..

Why use the plural facts and then just provide one?

Fact 2: the attendance in Thurles was bigger than it would have been in Mullingar.

To be honest, it just looks like Kilkenny people are pissed off that Tipperary got a home draw and are bother by the possibility that they might have a home quarter-final. The promoting the game thing is grand in theory but like I said the small crowds that have shown up in Mullingar show it to be exaggerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I'm going to let you in on a little secret lad - none of us give a **** where you played Westmeath and none of us give a **** where you play Dublin. You're irrelevant in the context of our season at the minute. We can't play you until an All Ireland final which we don't look like making so can the 2 of ye kindly park this ridiculous conversation.

Why use the plural facts and then just provide one?

Fact 2: the attendance in Thurles was bigger than it would have been in Mullingar.

To be honest, it just looks like Kilkenny people are pissed off that Tipperary got a home draw and are bother by the possibility that they might have a home quarter-final. The promoting the game thing is grand in theory but like I said the small crowds that have shown up in Mullingar show it to be exaggerated.

So youre not from Kilkenny?? :eek:
    Youre just 'having a look'..... :rolleyes: I should have known !!!!!

p.s - kilkenny people dont give a monkeys where Tipp play their games....
    Going by their players, they prefer to "play away" at the moment ;):D

• Advertisement

This is very silly. You really didn't need to mention stuff like it matters whether it's League or championship. That goes without saying. (And I'm the one that's uptight'!) All games I mentioned were either qualifiers or a Leinster quarter-final against comparable opposition so bear direct comparison.

This is very silly. You really didn't need to mention stuff like it matters whether it's League or championship. That goes without saying. (And I'm the one that's uptight'!) All games I mentioned were either qualifiers or a Leinster quarter-final against comparable opposition so bear direct comparison.

Are you still here?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret lad - none of us give a **** where you played Westmeath and none of us give a **** where you play Dublin. You're irrelevant in the context of our season at the minute. We can't play you until an All Ireland final which we don't look like making so can the 2 of ye kindly park this ridiculous conversation.

Seriously misdirected anger I think. :rolleyes:

Are you still here?

No, I'm getting someone else to post on my behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not sure it will be a double header, especially not in Thurles. Dublin won't want to give Tipp home advantage, and surely neither county will want to play at 5pm on a Saturday. I might be totally wrong.

I can see Tipp and Dublin in Port Laoise and us and Waterford being in Thurles. Having said all that, I'd love a double header in Limerick (no travel for me and I want to see both matches!).

From a Kilkenny point of view, Kevin Kelly has to start the next day instead of Alwyard. I'd like to see Lester in there too, with Leahy, J.Walsh, Scanlon, Ryan on the bench for some real options. If we are depending on Blanch & Bergin making an impact we are in serious trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I don't understand your argument. If you are genuinely concerned with promoting the game then surely a double-header is the way to go rather than having Dublin-Tipp tucked away in Portlaoise or somewhere?

If your argument is more about conceding perceived venue advantage from the point of view of maximising Dublin's chances that's fair enough, but you don't say so and your argument is couched in 'promoting the game' terms and that moves the goalposts significantly. The whole business would have a far higher profile if a double-header.

To be fair I don't think washman is actually from Kilkenny and it was he who started this off-topic rubbish.

And for the record there was no refusal from Tipp to move the game to Mullingar or any where else for that matter as there was no request made, some official in Westmeath floated the idea in the press and it was never acted on by either side.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    Not sure it will be a double header, especially not in Thurles. Dublin won't want to give Tipp home advantage, and surely neither county will want to play at 5pm on a Saturday. I might be totally wrong

I would have thought it will be 5pm Saturday regardless of venue? Can't be any earlier unless they move the Tipp football game ( which relaistically they cant as I assume Cavan have arrangements in place) and I cant imagine it being on the same day as the Munster Final, especially if Tipp win the minor replay tonight.

So youre not from Kilkenny?? :eek:
    Youre just 'having a look'..... :rolleyes: I should have known !!!!!

p.s - kilkenny people dont give a monkeys where Tipp play their games....
    Going by their players, they prefer to "play away" at the moment ;):D

So youre not from Kilkenny??

Never said I was or wasn't.............

Youre just 'having a look'.

No, I have posted a few times as well..............

kilkenny people dont give a monkeys where Tipp play their games

Then why did at least one poster take issue with the possibility that Dublin might play the qualifier in Thurles? Seems hard to reconcile the two................

Sky will be showing the 7pm throw in game. Probably be KKvWat ?

Not worried about where or when the "noisy neighbours" are playing ......

Sky will be showing the 7pm throw in game. Probably be KKvWat ?

Not worried about where or when the "noisy neighbours" are playing ......

100% it will be KK v WAT.

Noisy neighbours? Yeah them jackeens would get on your nerves alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Confirmed for thurles at 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Confirmed Thurles Saturday night 5pm and 7pm throw ins

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Nothing online about ticketing arrangements? Any ideas what's likely to happen there?

I'll be going into the game with confidence anyway. Limerick was the ideal test for us.

Can't see many personnel changes. I think Kevin Kelly will replace Booger, however I hope he doesn't put him into the full forward line. Ideally see him operate further out.

I think it's time to drop Richie Hogan. The man is an absolute legend and warrior but he's clearly not right. We've paid dearly in the past for starting players not 100% fit.

I'd bring Lester in for him. It could workout then to spring Richie for the last 20 mins when lads are starting to tire, and the Waterford "system" has loosened.

1-9 I would leave as is ..

For video analysis preparation, our lads won't have to look far. The movement of the Galway forwards yesterday, as well as the quality of delivery into them was sublime. The contrast between that, and our 2 outings to date is stark...

One final thought ... what better motivation for Cody.. This draw represents a unique opportunity for Cody's greatest achievement.

As Wexford are in the QF , should we qualify we play the losers of the Munster Final, and afaik the Munster final winners in the SF.
    And who would bet against Tipp making the final?

So our likely path ...

Limerick
    Waterford
    Cork/Clare QF
    Cork/Clare SF
    Tipp

Beating the whole of Munster on way to glory, now wouldn't that be something....

Anyway, I'm delighted we drew Waterford. Following their defeat to Cork, they were almost demanding to be drawn against us to get their season back on track. Now they have their wish .. Let's see if they are able for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nothing online about ticketing arrangements? Any ideas what's likely to happen there?

Yes there is; you just didn't look in the right places ;)

From kilkennygaa.ie
    Following this morning's draw the GAA has just announced that the two games will be played in Semple Stadium on Saturday evening - Tipperary v Dublin at 5pm followed by Kilkenny v Waterford at 7pm. The game will be all ticket with designated seating.

As with the Round One game we will be initially accepting ticket orders from our clubs and will announce details of any public sales as soon as arrangements are in place. Tickets will also be available on line and at the usual Supermarket outlets from this Monday afternoon. Tickets will cost €25 for adults and €5 for under 16's. Refunds of €5 will be available at designated stiles for students and Pensioners.

Season Ticket holders will be accommodated in Ardan O Coinneain (Old Stand) and on this occasion they will need to print off tickets for the game. Croke Park will be emailing all Season Ticket holders this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Any word on Mick Fennelly? Needs cotton wool all week. I hope he has no setbacks this week and the game time will have brought him on a tonne.

Last time we played in Semple was the Tipp league match and before that, it was the semi-final replay last year. 2 great performances!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Can't see many personnel changes. I think Kevin Kelly will replace Booger, however I hope he doesn't put him into the full forward line. Ideally see him operate further out.

I think it's time to drop Richie Hogan. The man is an absolute legend and warrior but he's clearly not right. We've paid dearly in the past for starting players not 100% fit.

I'd bring Lester in for him. It could workout then to spring Richie for the last 20 mins when lads are starting to tire, and the Waterford "system" has loosened.

Would agree with all of this. I said it before but definitely think Kelly is much more suited to further out the field, running at defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dionysis

We are not playing well, but the limerick game is the best possible preparation for the Waterford game. Waterford had a handy run in the park vs Offaly, but Limerick put it up to us. I expect us to be better again the next day. We need to revert to our strongest back line. We also need to put someone full forward who's going to bring that wterford full back on a tour of the park. He can't hurl, his arms are all over the forward and some day the ref is going to keep blowing him up for the continuous fouling.
    The corner back connors is the same with the off the ball stuff. Waterford gave Cork loads off the ball and did the same to us last year. I expect the same on Saturday and would therefore go with joe lying, he's more physical.
    The backs need to keep their shape, as do the midfield, and the midfield need to mark their men and watch for the Waterford extra man running from deep. For this very reason, Deegan must NOT play, he doesn't mark up or track his man.
    The team for Saturday
    E. Murphy
    P Murphy
    Holden
    Prendergast
    P Walsh
    Joe Lyng
    Buckley
    Fogarty
    Lester Ryan
    Wally
    M Fennelly
    T J Reid
    Donnelly
    C Fennelly
    K Kelly

Subs:
    Joyce
    R Hogan
    Aylward
    Bergin

M Fennelly to keep Gleason quiet. Fogarty back to midfield for his energy and tracking back. The same with Lester. Big men in the forward line so that we can hit ball high forward and by pass the extra Waterford defender. Holden in full back, he was ok on M Shanahan the last day. C Fennelly destroyed the waterford full back the last day also. Lyng in centre back in case Gleason goes centre forward, he's a big man with enough mobility ( more than joce) and he can catch a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

I'll be going into the game with confidence anyway. Limerick was the ideal test for us.

1-9 I would leave as is ..

For video analysis preparation, our lads won't have to look far. The movement of the Galway forwards yesterday, as well as the quality of delivery into them was sublime. The contrast between that, and our 2 outings to date is stark...

One final thought ... what better motivation for Cody.. This draw represents a unique opportunity for Cody's greatest achievement.

As Wexford are in the QF , should we qualify we play the losers of the Munster Final, and afaik the Munster final winners in the SF.
    And who would bet against Tipp making the final?

So our likely path ...

Limerick
    Waterford
    Cork/Clare QF
    Cork/Clare SF
    Tipp

Beating the whole of Munster on way to glory, now wouldn't that be something....

Anyway, I'm delighted we drew Waterford. Following their defeat to Cork, they were almost demanding to be drawn against us to get their season back on track. Now they have their wish .. Let's see if they are able for it.
    You are getting way ahead of yourself. If Waterford play anywhere near as good as they did last year, we are gone. If we play anywhere near what we have played in 7 of our eight games this year, we are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Surprised Dublin let Tipp have home advantage. Saturday at 5 is awkward for anyone that has to work.

Delighted that it's not far to travel and that I get to see both matches. I thought Waterford would kick on this year, but they have gone backwards as much as we have. It's 50/50, but I'm hoping our experience will drag us through.

Dionysis wrote: »
    We are not playing well, but the limerick game is the best possible preparation for the Waterford game. Waterford had a handy run in the park vs Offaly, but Limerick put it up to us. I expect us to be better again the next day. We need to revert to our strongest back line. We also need to put someone full forward who's going to bring that wterford full back on a tour of the park. He can't hurl, his arms are all over the forward and some day the ref is going to keep blowing him up for the continuous fouling.
    The corner back connors is the same with the off the ball stuff. Waterford gave Cork loads off the ball and did the same to us last year. I expect the same on Saturday and would therefore go with joe lying, he's more physical.
    The backs need to keep their shape, as do the midfield, and the midfield need to mark their men and watch for the Waterford extra man running from deep. For this very reason, Deegan must NOT play, he doesn't mark up or track his man.
    The team for Saturday
    E. Murphy
    P Murphy
    Holden
    Prendergast
    P Walsh
    Joe Lyng
    Buckley
    Fogarty
    Lester Ryan
    Wally
    M Fennelly
    T J Reid
    Donnelly
    C Fennelly
    K Kelly

Subs:
    Joyce
    R Hogan
    Aylward
    Bergin

M Fennelly to keep Gleason quiet. Fogarty back to midfield for his energy and tracking back. The same with Lester. Big men in the forward line so that we can hit ball high forward and by pass the extra Waterford defender. Holden in full back, he was ok on M Shanahan the last day. C Fennelly destroyed the waterford full back the last day also. Lyng in centre back in case Gleason goes centre forward, he's a big man with enough mobility ( more than joce) and he can catch a ball.
    You want Joe Lyng centre back? And you want John Donnelly to start his first championship game on Saturday ahead of Richie Hogan?

• Advertisement

1) And who would bet against Tipp making the final?

2) So our likely path ...

Limerick
    Waterford
    Cork/Clare QF
    Cork/Clare SF
    Tipp

1) Quite a few it seems. According to Paddy Power the most likely final is Galway v Cork.

2) Would it be easier and less time consuming if they just gave the cup to Kilkenny now?

1) Quite a few it seems. According to Paddy Power the most likely final is Galway v Cork.

2) Would it be easier and less time consuming if they just gave the cup to Kilkenny now?

Can you not go display your wisdom on the Tipp thread??

So even Paddy Power know that it wont be 2 in a row for Tipp..... (as usual)

You want Joe Lyng centre back? And you want John Donnelly to start his first championship game on Saturday ahead of Richie Hogan?

That's the exactly what I wrote down.
    Joe Lyng is a big man who can catch a ball, and is mobile. Played practically corner back last Saturday and although wasn't as versatile as his opposite number, showed a bite to him that only Buckley and Padraig had shown up to this. In the second half he really came into the game and caught a lot of ball.
    We need a strong half back line and will need a lot of mobility on the wings and through the centre. Joe is far more mobile than Joyce, and I expect Gleason to vary between centre back and centre forward, so Joes mobility is needed.
    Richie Hogan did nothing only hit wides last weekend, he didn't even track back or mark a man. So he did nothing, therefore I'm saying put him on the bench and bring him on in the second half when the game opens up.
    Donnelly corner forward. People are rolling their eyes now, but Donnelly is a big physical lad who has decent ability in the air. Waterford corner backs are not the tallest and I'd say it's the best way to attack them. We've being playing Blanchfueld who hasn't struck a ball or won one by himself. So Donnelly couldn't be worse.

Waterford are going to be very physical off the ball next Saturday night so we'd want to prepare for a battle. Playing Hogan and Kelly is just going to leave us short physically. So if Kelly is showing more form than Hogan which I believe he is, then go with Kelly and have Aylward, Hogan, Joyce to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

As Wexford are in the QF , should we qualify we play the losers of the Munster Final, and afaik the Munster final winners in the SF. And who would bet against Tipp making the final?

So our likely path ...

Limerick
    Waterford
    Cork/Clare QF
    Cork/Clare SF
    Tipp

As far as I know. If ye get past Waterford and get the Munster losing finalists you will be playing the Leinster winners in the semi final not the Munster winners. They keep the provincial winners and losers on different sides of the draw otherwise the provincial winners could play the same team twice on a row, in the provincial final and AI semi final.

"Waterford are going to be very physical off the ball next Saturday night so we'd want to prepare for a battle." So lets throw in a chap for his first ever senior intercounty game? Don't want to slag off a young lad but just because he togs out big doesn't make him a big strong man. I was very near the Kilkenny subs on Saturday and he's not massive at all. If he's named I hope you're right but I don't see it.

Also you say Lyng is mobile but when Limerick were playing quick low ball into Casey on Saturday he was roasting Lyng. It was when the ball started being pumped in high that Lyng started playing well.

Plus one thing that can't be levelled at Richie is a lack of physicality. His hurling is miles off where it can be at the minute but he's hardly soft.

"Waterford are going to be very physical off the ball next Saturday night so we'd want to prepare for a battle." So lets throw in a chap for his first ever senior intercounty game? Don't want to slag off a young lad but just because he togs out big doesn't make him a big strong man. I was very near the Kilkenny subs on Saturday and he's not massive at all. If he's named I hope you're right but I don't see it.

Also you say Lyng is mobile but when Limerick were playing quick low ball into Casey on Saturday he was roasting Lyng. It was when the ball started being pumped in high that Lyng started playing well.

Plus one thing that can't be levelled at Richie is a lack of physicality. His hurling is miles off where it can be at the minute but he's hardly soft.

Your agreed so, that Lyng is playing well in the air and has more mobility than Joyce, that's the centre back. Joe was finding it tough tracking corner back, not centre back. Richie Hogan is out of it and should be benched, end of!
    And Donnelly, could he be worse than Blanchfield? Go with Donnelly corner forward and rotate him with Colin Fennelly.

As far as I know. If ye get past Waterford and get the Munster losing finalists you will be playing the Leinster winners in the semi final not the Munster winners. They keep the provincial winners and losers on different sides of the draw otherwise the provincial winners could play the same team twice on a row, in the provincial final and AI semi final.

If by chance KK over come waterford and tipp win as expected, Kk can't play wexford, yes, so must play the losers of Munster?

Can you not go display your wisdom on the Tipp thread??

You seem to think I am from Tipperary. You could have stayed silent and I might have just thought you were a .................................

Your agreed so, that Lyng is playing well in the air and has more mobility than Joyce, that's the centre back. Joe was finding it tough tracking corner back, not centre back. Richie Hogan is out of it and should be benched, end of!
    And Donnelly, could he be worse than Blanchfield? Go with Donnelly corner forward and rotate him with Colin Fennelly.

He played well in the air against a 5 foot 4 corner forward in his first senior championship game and now you want to have him man mark the HOTY and one of the best fielders of a ball in the game? Why would you not leave our most athletic player on him in Bucks?

This Donnelly fascination is absolutely bizarre. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant inclusion. Nothing. Plus considering he's playing an U21 Leinster Final on Wednesday he won't start on Saturday.

Someone will play well in the U21 on Wednesday and you'll be in here saying they should start instead of TJ next.

• Advertisement

If by chance KK over come waterford and tipp win as expected, Kk can't play wexford, yes, so must play the losers of Munster?

As I recall it from previous years at this stage if Kilkenny win they cannot play Wexford. The result of the Dublin-Tipperary match doesn't matter at all in this case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement