Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

amber69 wrote: »
    brookville wrote: »
    Mullen,coady,tommy walsh,donnelly as far as I know,throw in conor doheny who's injured,Andy gaffney and adrian mullen,conor hennesy,we should be decent next year the minor team in 15 were very unlucky to lose the semi final replay to galway

They were robbed. 2 square balls I think
    Iirc Galway scored a goal from a blatant sq ball with a minute to go. We were winning by a pt at the time. If ever a decision screamed **** you Kilkenny, that was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow night when the team is named?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow night when the team is named?

Yea same time as last week.they could just name the same team as last week and possibly make a few changes on the day.I'd like to see joyce starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

citykat wrote: »
    Iirc Galway scored a goal from a blatant sq ball with a minute to go. We were winning by a pt at the time. If ever a decision screamed **** you Kilkenny, that was one.

Yeah, I was actually at the rest of Ireland meeting the week before where it was decided that the sponsored referee would do everything he could to try and do a bunch of 17 years olds out of a win. Glad he came through for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1. Stephen O'Keeffe (Ballygunner)
    2. Shane Fives (Tourin)
    3. Barry Coughlan (Ballygunner)
    4. Noel Connors (Passage)
    5. Tadhg de Burca (Clashmore / Kinsalebeg)
    6. Austin Gleeson (Mount Sion)
    7. Philip Mahony (Ballygunner)
    8. Jamie Barron (Fourmilewater)
    9. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
    10. Kevin Moran (De La Salle)
    11. Pauric Mahony (Ballygunner)
    12. Jake Dillon (De La Salle)
    13. Shane Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    14. Michael Walsh (Stradbally)
    15. Darragh Fives (Tourin)

Waterford team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

Yeah, I was actually at the rest of Ireland meeting the week before where it was decided that the sponsored referee would do everything he could to try and do a bunch of 17 years olds out of a win. Glad he came through for us
    is it Ger Loughnane talking tell the truth siege mentality.

Ah Montie me old pal. You'll be watching Saturday I suspect though probably through the fingers lest you see too much of the pug ugly mongrel brand of hurling McGrath has bred for the occasion. No doubt there'll be a blue and white fist pump/badge kiss to gee up the massses. To coin a phrase, I just loves me county.

I'll be the fella handing the brown envelope to James Owens after the match when ye're inevitably robbed, grinning at all the boo boys in the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Are we going to see the team that finished Saturday evening start this Saturday. To combat waterfords running will we see a few changes?

Murphy
    Murphy
    Padraig
    Joe lyng
    Fogarty
    Buckley
    Joyce
    M Fennelly
    Deegan
    Lester
    Walter
    TJ
    Richie hogan
    Colin
    Kelly

Would like to see joyce half back along with cleere on the other side moving Fogarty to the middle with fennelly.
    I know leahy won't start but he deserves a shot.

I'll be the fella handing the brown envelope to James Owens after the match when ye're inevitably robbed, grinning at all the boo boys in the stand.
    Hold on Dan is the only man that makes a fool of himself when he runs on to the field grinning his stylish base ball hat as he thinks so please don't let yourself down think of your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Village87

Are we going to see the team that finished Saturday evening start this Saturday. To combat waterfords running will we see a few changes?

Murphy
    Murphy
    Padraig
    Joe lyng
    Fogarty
    Buckley
    Joyce
    M Fennelly
    Deegan
    Lester
    Walter
    TJ
    Richie hogan
    Colin
    Kelly

Would like to see joyce half back along with cleere on the other side moving Fogarty to the middle with fennelly.
    I know leahy won't start but he deserves a shot.

Conor Fogarty could lose out if Joyce returns with Padraig Walsh wing back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The poor auld Blaa's having meltdowns over their team !! :D:D:D

#McGrathIn #McGrathOut

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Village87 wrote: »
    Conor Fogarty could lose out if Joyce returns with Padraig Walsh wing back

I don't think he'll move padraig out although I know he played up front against wexford but I thought he brought composure to the fb line last week and maybe helped in murphy having his best game of the year granted this will be a step up from last week.I'd prefer to have joyce because he offers more with strength and this will be extremely physical.
    I do reckon he'll have to spring a suprise tomorrow evening maybe he could spring someone like john joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Hi all.  I'm looking for one ticket for the Old Stand for the game tomorrow. I'd appreciate if anyone could assist me with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Waterford will try and dominate the skies in the half forward line.

We'll need to dominate there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Village87

Waterford will try and dominate the skies in the half forward line.

We'll need to dominate there.

Buckley good in the air, Joe Lyng is fine, joyce is good. P Walsh is very good, Fogarty not the best there, maybe he better out midfield Deegan and Lester Ryan will feel hard done so if he moves out

He doesn't owe ye anything that's for sure. He did his best for ye 4 yrs ago blowing Ruth as it sailed over the bar and ye still couldn't get it over the line.

I see you've done your best to dispell my insinuation that you have a fixation with referees...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

blackcard wrote: »
    There is a lot to like about Richie Leahy, good touch, won his own ball in the air, good speed and he has confidence also. Jason Cleere played well also. It was refreshing to see him and others delivering good ball into the forwards albeit they were against 14 men. I would like to see Conor Delaney get a run at full back in the league next year with a half back line of Padraig Walsh, Jason Cleere and Buckley with Fogarty back in midfield.
    Darren Mullen is a good prospect also. Is there anyone else besides Mullen and Leahy who are eligible for u21 next year? I am a lot more optimistic about the future after the last few days.
    Mullen,coady,tommy walsh,donnelly as far as I know,throw in conor doheny who's injured,Andy gaffney and adrian mullen,conor hennesy,we should be decent next year the minor team in 15 were very unlucky to lose the semi final replay to galway
    Just checked and Tadgh ODwyer is another from that 2015 minor team, he has being playing senior for James Stephens this year. Joey Cuddihy had made appearances for Ballyhale also but not sure whether he has trained on. Darragh Joyce, is he out of the picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Darragh Joyce, is he out of the picture?[/quote]

Didn't he head off to play Aussie rules

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

Just checked and Tadgh ODwyer is another from that 2015 minor team, he has being playing senior for James Stephens this year. Joey Cuddihy had made appearances for Ballyhale also but not sure whether he has trained on. Darragh Joyce, is he out of the picture?

Ya Darragh is playing Footie down in Australia, some loss, he was absolutely flying it for the Rower near the back end of last year before he went.

There is a lot to like about Richie Leahy, good touch, won his own ball in the air, good speed and he has confidence also. Jason Cleere played well also. It was refreshing to see him and others delivering good ball into the forwards albeit they were against 14 men. I would like to see Conor Delaney get a run at full back in the league next year with a half back line of Padraig Walsh, Jason Cleere and Buckley with Fogarty back in midfield.
    Darren Mullen is a good prospect also. Is there anyone else besides Mullen and Leahy who are eligible for u21 next year? I am a lot more optimistic about the future after the last few days.
    Pretty sure Cuddihy played against the Village the last day.

Lads, quick question - is there a 'bag ban' at Semple Stadium or can I bring in a small A4 rucksack with the sandwiches.

Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kenajonn

Banned I saw someone stopped in Croke Park on Sunday.

Lads, quick question - is there a 'bag ban' at Semple Stadium or can I bring in a small A4 rucksack with the sandwiches.

Anybody know?
    Is it not in at all major gaa matches, they were stopping people on the Hebron road last Saturday night and the eru were visible there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I see you've done your best to dispell my insinuation that you have a fixation with referees...

Ah be fair now monty......its only referees of KK games......you know the ones that are usually roundly booed by the masses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

danganabu wrote: »

Ah be fair now monty......its only referees of KK games......you know the ones that are usually roundly booed by the masses :D
    Yeah tipp and Waterford fans would never do such a coarse thing. Saints one and all. Blame the ref for a defeat? That's not the way things are done where you come from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

Anybody know?

No ban, I had a small bag going in to Cork v Waterford with no issue but you'll probably get checked.

He wasn't a bad minor but haven't seen much of him since,
    What's the story with mick o connor from olg I think he done his cruiciate a few years ago he was a good minor.
    I'm told mossy keoughan is going well for the intermediates and has being good for his club also.He was also very good for kierians this year so the future is bright we definitely have some good young talent coming through

What's the story with mick o connor from olg I think he done his cruiciate a few years ago he was a good minor.
    I'm told mossy keoughan is going well for the intermediates and has being good for his club also.He was also very good for kierians this year so the future is bright we definitely have some good young talent coming through

Is it Martin keoghan you are talking about , he got concussed in that colleges final played on, if he is going that well you wonder why he is not with the u21s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

JimTreacy wrote: »
    Is it Martin keoghan you are talking about , he got concussed in that colleges final played on, if he is going that well you wonder why he is not with the u21s.

As far as I know his father (rightly in my opinion) wouldn't allow him train with the county teams until the leaving was over. He may be called in now but he would hardly dislodge Cleere at the moment but it's great to have so many options.

He was doing his leaving cert so he concentrated on that.His in with the intermediates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Yeah tipp and Waterford fans would never do such a coarse thing. Saints one and all. Blame the ref for a defeat? That's not the way things are done where you come from...

Jaysus it was a joke lad, hence the smiley face! Pre-match nerves??

He was doing his leaving cert so he concentrated on that.His in with the intermediates
    Is his brother Jack injured I didn't see him mentioned for a while

danganabu wrote: »
    Jaysus it was a joke lad, hence the smiley face! Pre-match nerves??
    keep the day job been a comieden is a none runner for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Kilkenny Team v Waterford. 1 E Murphy- 2 P Murphy- 3 P Walsh- 4 J Holden- 5 C Fogarty- 6 C Buckley- 7 J Lyng- 8 M Fennelly- 9 P Deegan- 10 C Bolger- 11 W Walsh- 12 T J Reid- 13 R Hogan- 14 C Fennelly- 15 G Aylward.16 R Reid- 17 K Joyce- 18 S Prendergast- 19 R Lennon- 20 L Ryan- 21 O Walsh- 22 K Kelly- 23 J Farrell- 24 M Bergin- 25 L Blanchfield- 26 R Leahy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

KK v Wat
    E Murphy
    P Murphy, P Walsh, J Holden
    C Fogarty, C Buckley, J Lyng
    M Fennelly, P Deegan
    C Bolger, W Walsh, TJ Reid
    R Hogan, C Fennelly, G Aylward
    Subs
    R Reid
    K Joyce
    S Prendergast
    R Lennon
    L Ryan
    O Walsh
    K Kelly
    J Farrell
    M Bergin
    L Blanchfield
    R Leahy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Aylward lucky to be starting. Otherwise I'm happy enough with that starting 15.

Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I really do hope that Aylward is on fire in training because it's very hard to justify him starting based on the Wexford & Limerick matches.

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    Aylward lucky to be starting. Otherwise I'm happy enough with that starting 15.
    You could say the same about Bolger he is lucky to be starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

You could say the same about Bolger he is lucky to be starting.
    Before last saturday I thought the 6 forwards named were a serious six.Im glad cody has given them anothér chance.would have lester in for deegan and joyce for lyng would have been my changes.

I'd say anybody not up to it will be in the bench after 10mins. Joyce, Lester and Kelly there ready to be thrown in.

Hopefully the ball falls well for Bolger and Alyward and they get a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

I'd say anybody not up to it will be in the bench after 10mins. Joyce, Lester and Kelly there ready to be thrown in.

Hopefully the ball falls well for Bolger and Alyward and they get a bit of luck.
    I see that Jason Cleere is not listed in the subs, I think he picked up a knock on Wednesday even though he finished the match?
    Happy enough with that team, Kevin Kelly might consider himself unlucky.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes before throw in,glad to see leahy on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Cork man here. Really like the cut of Leahy. Was very impressed by him as a minor and anytime I've see him since he's looked a right player. Hope he gets a run at the weekend. Type of player ye could do with I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Burial. wrote: »
    Cork man here. Really like the cut of Leahy. Was very impressed by him as a minor and anytime I've see him since he's looked a right player. Hope he gets a run at the weekend. Type of player ye could do with I think.

Best of luck to starting 15, may see some changes to that named. Let's get fully behind the lads. Put it up to WD and the likes of Mullane.
    Class is permanent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Burial. wrote: »

Yeah he's a super talent and been in with seniors over the league has brought him on even more, he was class Wednesday night and is one of a few really good young lads coming through!! The likes of Cleere, Billy Ryan and Luke Scanlon look to be great prospects aswell.

Cork really seemed to have turned the tide after a few lean years, the seniors are flying it and there are some really good young lads coming through, young Coleman seems to be a great talent!! How do you reckon they'll go at U-21 this year? Ye're minors look really good too, Turnbull (I think that's his name?) in the forwards looks a real prospect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

noserider wrote: »
    Best of luck to starting 15, may see some changes to that named. Let's get fully behind the lads. Put it up to WD and the likes of Mullane.
    Class is permanent
    mullane hates us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

noserider wrote: »
    Put it up to WD and the likes of Mullane.
    Class is permanent

It's 2017 lad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement