Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Danesfort 0-20 Ballyhale 2-14

Very impressive 50 minutes from Danesfort against a very average Ballyhale side, they totally and utterly outfought them and it was a master stroke playing the game on their smaller, bumpier pitch. The performances of Adrian and Darren Mullen and Richie Reid in the last 10 minutes to drag an unlikely draw from the jaws of defeat were simply outstanding. On the Danesfort side, would not be surprised to see Cathal O'Neill get a run with the county next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think Ballyhale were eight points down with eight minutes to go but late goals by Colin Fennelly amd Adrian Mullen rescued Ballyhale. Adrian ended up with 1-4, Robbie Walsh got 5 points from midfield for Danesfort. Richie Hogan got 4 points from play plus a point from a sideline cut. Danesfort scored 15 points from play in the first half. Brian Cody an interested spectator

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

Bennettsbridge were unlucky to go down by 1 point as Dicksboro scored a late goal from a 90 yard free. Cillian Buckley came strongly into the game in the second half but best player on view was Nicky Cleere with 13 points including 3 from play. Bennettsbridge likely to be in the relegation playoffs along with loser of Danesfort/Stephens, Martins and one of Comer/Mullinavat/ Inistioge/Shocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Regardless of who else is in the relegation semis Martins will be the ones going down

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Was at shocks comer match. Tightly contested affair. Shocks ability to get goals won the match. Comer hit a lot of long range shots rather than leaving it in full forward line sometimes.
    Fogarty was immense won everything that went his way. Delaney at full back was on top in his battle with Kevin Farrell until Farrell went out the field and came into game well.
    Mark dywer, darragh Brennan and Brian Donovan with goals. Not sure who got comers a shot hit post and was followed up.
    Good old battle in kilmanagh it should see shocks to safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Was at shocks comer match. Tightly contested affair. Shocks ability to get goals won the match. Comer hit a lot of long range shots rather than leaving it in full forward line sometimes.
    Fogarty was immense won everything that went his way. Delaney at full back was on top in his battle with Kevin Farrell until Farrell went out the field and came into game well.
    Mark dywer, darragh Brennan and Brian Donovan with goals. Not sure who got comers a shot hit post and was followed up.
    Good old battle in kilmanagh it should see shocks to safety.

Was john power playing or how did ciarian wallace play?good result for the shocks comer were going well.
    I agree muckalee look in trouble this year a bit like johnstown they could slide down the ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

John Power played very well one of best players on view. Won a lot of his own ball and layed it off. Got a point or 2 but also hit some wides from positions he should have passed.

I didn't have a program so wasn't too sure of some of the comer lads. The wing back ( who I think was wallace) played well as did most of there backs. Comers problem was scoring. Moran and Boran also decent of the few I knew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

John Power played very well one of best players on view. Won a lot of his own ball and layed it off. Got a point or 2 but also hit some wides from positions he should have passed.

I didn't have a program so wasn't too sure of some of the comer lads. The wing back ( who I think was wallace) played well as did most of there backs. Comers problem was scoring. Moran and Boran also decent of the few I knew

Thanks for that.
    Scoring has being an issue with comer for years but recently they've being getting scores,always hard to beat some very good defenders.good result for the shocks

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

After watching the two semi finals it is clear that we are way off matching Galway and Tipp. We are a good way off Waterford and Cork. The two main issues for Kk this year was that our players were way off the pace. Our forwards couldn't get away from their markers or find space. The backs made a lot of mistakes which lead to being put under more pressure. As a result the ball into our forwards was dire.
    Hopefully Cody and co will have the team in better shape for next year. I still think we are a good few years off winning an All Ireland. Hopefully I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dionysis

Cody needs to physically bulk up a few a the key upcoming talented players, e.g. Leahy, Seanie Morrissey, Pat Lyng, Tommy Walsh, John Walsh. He should be putting them on programmes come November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

They're on those programmes already but it'll take time. You can't just say you have 6 months to become an animal and expect it to happen in such a way that it can be maintained. I seen Alan Murphy in the gym this morning and he's a beast but on the field he doesn't look it. Another year he'll be stronger and a year after that he'll be stronger again. Patience is needed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

They're on those programmes already but it'll take time. You can't just say you have 6 months to become an animal and expect it to happen in such a way that it can be maintained. I seen Alan Murphy in the gym this morning and he's a beast but on the field he doesn't look it. Another year he'll be stronger and a year after that he'll be stronger again. Patience is needed here.

It's a fine balancing act, have seen it myself with lads that suddenly turn into Mr Universe but they seem to forget how to hurl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Lads need to develop at their own level with a bit of help from the gym. We need hurlers first and foremost. They can bulk up over the next few years. It'll take time. T.J. has bulked up well over this past 2 years.

The Waterford and Galway teams have been on the road 3/4 years and are battle hardened. We need to look at a good few players over the next 2 months and freshen things up a bit. I'd put the young lads in next year in the league, get experience and 'forgo' the league, if need be. This is at least a 2/3 year project!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

Best of wishes to our camogie ladies on Saturday night in the gaelic grounds up v David Herity managed Dublin team, also our Under 21 hurlers who play Derry Saturday in Thurles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I apologise, as i know its not KK related , BUT .... this is the kinda stuff our neighbours are on about!!!!!

"Lads, could we do a crowd funding thing to get everyone to put together a few euro for a legal team for Conor Gleeson?
    Not connected to the team and not too sure on the whole crowd funding thing but would be willing to help."

WTF !??!
    The GAA are turning themselves into a joke with their blind eye to blatant incidents during games , because now supporters thing they can get anything overturned !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    I apologise, as i know its not KK related , BUT .... this is the kinda stuff our neighbours are on about!!!!!

"Lads, could we do a crowd funding thing to get everyone to put together a few euro for a legal team for Conor Gleeson?
    Not connected to the team and not too sure on the whole crowd funding thing but would be willing to help."

WTF !??!
    The GAA Waterford are turning themselves into a joke with their blind eye to blatant incidents during games , because now supporters thing they can get anything overturned !!

FYP

danganabu wrote: »
    FYP
    I thought that went without saying ....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

When there's a blatant agenda against Waterford by referees and a crowd of has beens on the Sunday Game, Waterford are finally being given some help by the GAA. Thank god someone has some common sense up in Croke Park.

Motivator wrote: »
    When there's a blatant agenda against Waterford by referees and a crowd of has beens on the Sunday Game, Waterford are finally being given some help by the GAA. Thank god someone has some common sense up in Croke Park.

"Common sense" ???
    No - more like a blind eye ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

:D
    Should we have all the referees from Waterford? Would that help I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Ehehehe. Ye must be well bored to be posting about us appealing one of our players

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Ehehehe. Ye must be well bored to be posting about us appealing one of our players

Well seen as you lot haven't stopped talking/whining about it 24/7 of course it might pop up- that's why they call this a discussion board.

When there's a blatant agenda against Waterford by referees.

And would this agenda be to ignore any foul play? Referees indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

I'd much prefer to focus on the Kilkenny under 21s and camogie teams than what over excited Waterford fans are doing, they have got to 4 finals I think so you can forgive them for being a bit giddy about things.

Appealing for 3 of yere players in recent weeks? .........
    DeBurca + Gleeson, and now for the other Gleeson ?

Dont stop believing ?
    Dont stop Appealing ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Very good. It's becoming embarrassing at this stage. They should dress up Dan Shanahan in a Harlequin outfit for the big day. That would be the icing on the cake.

Don't stop appealing! Brilliant!

I was glad to hear Richie Hogan scored 0-4 points the other night! I was getting worried about him, the rumours going around was that he was still stuck in Conor Gleeson's pocket

I was hoping he could have shared a few words with him to help him during the appeal process..guess not :(

Anyway, sure Jesus ye have the u21 championship coming up! Don't be worrying about the Deise, we've plenty people looking after us! If ye get any red cards in the semi final though, don't be afraid to give us a shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I've never understood Waterford people's obsession with Kilkenny. I mean, you're on here talking to yourself deise.

I've never understood Waterford people's obsession with Kilkenny. I mean, you're on here talking to yourself deise.

Shur they are in the All Ireland Final ......

They have arrived ....... :rolleyes:

And they went crying to the mods and got a warning posted about so called 'wums' coming on to the Waterford thread, they don't know what they want at this stage :rolleyes:

danganabu wrote: »
    And they went crying to the mods and got a warning posted about so called 'wums' coming on to the Waterford thread, they don't know what they want at this stage :rolleyes:

Can you appeal it ......

:rolleyes::D

greenspurs wrote: »
    Can you appeal it ......

:rolleyes::D

Hold on and I organise a collection first and we'll see then :D

Realt Dearg Sec, did I come on here just talking to myself for the craic or were they not talking about Waterford here before a few posts before?

Danganabu is still looking for that POTY award for Seamie Callanan that Aussie Gleeson stole off him :D #justiceforSeamie

Realt Dearg Sec, did I come on here just talking to myself for the craic or were they not talking about Waterford here before a few posts before?

Danganabu is still looking for that POTY award for Seamie Callanan that Aussie Gleeson stole off him :D #justiceforSeamie

Never once mentioned anything of the sort Deise, the fact that you were the first to is telling though

ps Padraic Maher was more deserving than Seamie ;)

I dunno deise, you're in an all Ireland final, I dunno why ye would be even reading the forum of a county that isn't, but either way, we've had Waterford fans in here on the wind up repeatedly since ye bet us, I just find the fascination with what Kilkenny think of ye really interesting.

I just find the fascination with what Kilkenny think of ye really interesting.

Maybe its an inferiority complex , or jealousy , or begrudgery ..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Galway must be laughing away quietly to themselves. Barely a peep out of them since knocking out Tipp (who I fancied all year and command huge respect) and non of this drama and petty one-upmanship.

road_high wrote: »
    Galway must be laughing away quietly to themselves. Barely a peep out of them since knocking out Tipp (who I fancied all year and command huge respect) and non of this drama and petty one-upmanship.

It really is ideal for them, especially when you consider that they haven't always handled the pressure and expectation that well. O'Donoghue is a very shrewd man and will be keeping them relatively under the radar.

Ah lads come on you know the Waterford forum is generally the most active and you get a good laugh out of it all the same. There are some genuine posters there who are well able to debate about hurling but they're hidden by the lads who are posting every 5mins about nonsense.

I know 100% Aussie is a lucky man, but you're telling me that you wouldn't have appealed if TJ got sent off because Harry Kehoe tried to stop him off the ball?

The moment the match was over, lads were celebrating but the incident with Gleeson was trending all over social media, that wasn't Waterfords fault. So when that is the talk of Ireland, of course you're going to have lads talking about appeals. He's our star player and you'd worry going into a final without him. That's all it is.

The thing with Conor Gleeson is pointless imo, he's gone and I don't think they'll try to appeal it, but if they do..sure what's the harm if they find a good defense to go with. The country is full of chancers so why not take a punt and try get a lad who has been performing very well all year into his first ever All Ireland.

I'm well aware that we have our own forum and I'll head back there after this post but I was just responding to a poster talking about how foolish we've been acting. Maybe we have been, but I'm sure we'll get a little more experience with the big occasions cause this group of players we have are good enough to be competing with the top 2 for years to come. Besta luck with the u21!

I agree time to draw a line under this business I think- Waterford are in an all Ireland final and that's where the focus should be rather than all this what-aboutery stuff (from all sides)- it just plays into your opponents hands and takes focus off the hurling itself. There is plenty of time to settle though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I dunno deise, you're in an all Ireland final, I dunno why ye would be even reading the forum of a county that isn't, but either way, we've had Waterford fans in here on the wind up repeatedly since ye bet us, I just find the fascination with what Kilkenny think of ye really interesting.

Good god man, at least acknowledge that a Kilkenny man literally posted a quote from the Waterford GAA thread for people to discuss. Not even about the incident, about a post a Waterford person made about it.

Good god man, at least acknowledge that a Kilkenny man literally posted a quote from the Waterford GAA thread for people to discuss. Not even about the incident, about a post a Waterford person made about it.
    Good God man, when will the madness stop?!

Anyway you're right.

• Advertisement

Good God man, when will the madness stop?!

Anyway you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

Is it cash on the turnstile Saturday evening in Thurles.

JimTreacy wrote: »
    Is it cash on the turnstile Saturday evening in Thurles.

As far as I know, its €15 entry, might have a ticket booth outside but its definitely unreserved seating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Is there a game on before the game at 4pm?

Is there a game on before the game at 4pm?

No, two games 4pm and 6pm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement