Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

3 enjoyable games today with decent crowds.
    The ballyhale match probably the most enjoyable they were much better than clara but seem to lull for periods and give up goal chances.clara walked 2 over the line while murphy got the opening an bolger got a cracker having missed an easier 1 prior to that but he is a goal threat and with time and hard work he can be very dangerous.
    Richie reid was the best hurler on view between the 3 matches he set up attack after attack and clara should of learnt from last week.
    Darren mullen probably next best player on view in thomastown while a adrain after a quite 1st half bagged 1-2 and was dangerous.
    Fair play to clara like last week never gave up but they didn't get enough from their leaders to win.
    Shane v tj was a great battle for an hour and 40 mins bit pender done as good as he could.
    Then on to callan where it went to the wire John walsh who was very good missed a penalty but the boro got a penalty at the stroke of 60 mins and pointed it.2 frees then won it for the boro,buckley covering loads of ground and robbie fitzpatrick also impressing,mick malone good again and jamie fennelly I think was a handful. Mullinavat can learn from this defeat and like clara and the shocks they should of won it last week.
    Finally the village match like the other 3 was very hard to predict a winner for large spells,richie power pulled all the strings up front for the shocks in the 1st half before pulling up at the stroke of half time and they didn't offer much in the ff line in the 2nd half,he has unbelievable vision and touches.luke scanlon worked hard he was also decent last week.
    Overall a long but enjoyable day of hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

I like how ballyhale were much better than clara altough it took 2 games which ended level and then extra time so not that much and as clara gave them an 8 point start last week they did well to get extra time

Garyp88 wrote: »
    I like how ballyhale were much better than clara altough it took 2 games which ended level and then extra time so not that much and as clara gave them an 8 point start last week they did well to get extra time

It was claras never say die attitude that kept them on the shamrocks tails.1-15 shamrocks have better hurlers than all the 4 teams left i think bit like most teams at this level they'll give you enough chances,
    Joey has being steady in the last few matches although bolger caused him trouble at times I thought richie reid gave great support in front of that full back line he seems to read the game very well,darren mullen much better today scored 2 points he could of had 5-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

brookville wrote: »
    It was claras never say die attitude that kept them on the shamrocks tails.1-15 shamrocks have better hurlers than all the 4 teams left i think bit like most teams at this level they'll give you enough chances,
    Joey has being steady in the last few matches although bolger caused him trouble at times I thought richie reid gave great support in front of that full back line he seems to read the game very well,darren mullen much better today scored 2 points he could of had 5-6

Not as convinced that from 1 to 15 they have the best hurlers in the county. They have a sprinkling of very good players but are very vulnerable in the backs especially the 2 corner back positions. They are leaking alot of scores all year. Coughed up 4 goals today which is not good.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Not as convinced that from 1 to 15 they have the best hurlers in the county. They have a sprinkling of very good players but are very vulnerable in the backs especially the 2 corner back positions. They are leaking alot of scores all year. Coughed up 4 goals today which is not good.

Goalie isn't great to be fair,2 of the goals today wouldn't look out of place 40 years ago just bull dozed over the line granted they all count, and as you said there was other chances but ballyhale missed a few goal chances themselves,mullen at the start of extra time and cody both should of scored.definitely not the team they were,clara weren't that good today and could of snook it.richie reid will surely see league time next year around the hb line?his really made that position his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Richie Reid was by far the best player I seen in the three senior games today and has impressed me immensely the last month. He got on so much ball and his distribution was top class. I have been saying it for ages but would love to see him given a go in half back line for kk.
    The battle between pender v tj was intriguing and pender possibly just shading it. Bolger was sharp but didn't get enough supply

The shocks played with wind first half and led by 5 at the break. Richie power scored 2 points and one outrageous assist after taking a puck out down from the sky straight off the hurl. His didn't make it out for second half and Village had 5point deficit gone after 6mins and never looked back afters. Really impressed with Shane O'Donoghue and David Hennessy.

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Richie Reid was by far the best player I seen in the three senior games today and has impressed me immensely the last month. He got on so much ball and his distribution was top class. I have been saying it for ages but would love to see him given a go in half back line for kk.
    The battle between pender v tj was intriguing and pender possibly just shading it. Bolger was sharp but didn't get enough supply

The shocks played with wind first half and led by 5 at the break. Richie power scored 2 points and one outrageous assist after taking a puck out down from the sky straight off the hurl. His didn't make it out for second half and Village had 5point deficit gone after 6mins and never looked back afters. Really impressed with Shane O'Donoghue and David Hennessy.

You'd wonder how clara didn't put someone on him to lessen his influence he always seemed to have load of time and space on the ball,he hit a load of ball.
    Tj ball for mullens goal to turn the screw was top class.
    Joe cuddidy had 2 good games and will probably get better playing alongside lads like t
    Richie power was excellent alright winning frees,made the goals,think he got injured making the 2nd one.hopefully we see him back next year but it must be getting harder and harder

You'd wonder how clara didn't put someone on him to lessen his influence he always seemed to have load of time and space on the ball,he hit a load of ball.
    Tj ball for mullens goal to turn the screw was top class.
    Joe cuddidy had 2 good games and will probably get better playing alongside lads like t
    Richie power was excellent alright winning frees,made the goals,think he got injured making the 2nd one.hopefully we see him back next year but it must be getting harder and harder

Agreed suprised they didn't put Lester in on him to stop Richies influence. Still think Ballyhales full back line and goalie is a serious worry and that's backed up by conceding the 4 goals. Brookville for the last goal did you not think Reid was shoved on the back over the line and should have been a free out??That last wide by A. Mullen of normal was stupid and greedy when he had Ronan Corcoran outside in acres of space and the shot he took was from a ridiculous angle but crucially it gave possession back to Clara and Killian Phelan launched ye luck out 100 yards and they won a free to bring game to extra time.

Ballyhales bench really isn't that strong and I don't say that jokingly which obviously includes the King. He got 30mins yesterday but barring winning a free and conceding a free he had no impact. I know people were saying the management shouldn't have taken him off towards the end of extra time but the sole purpose of that substitution was to waste 30 seconds and disrupt the flow of game for Clara.

Agreed suprised they didn't put Lester in on him to stop Richies influence. Still think Ballyhales full back line and goalie is a serious worry and that's backed up by conceding the 4 goals. Brookville for the last goal did you not think Reid was shoved on the back over the line and should have been a free out??That last wide by A. Mullen of normal was stupid and greedy when he had Ronan Corcoran outside in acres of space and the shot he took was from a ridiculous angle but crucially it gave possession back to Clara and Killian Phelan launched ye luck out 100 yards and they won a free to bring game to extra time.

Ballyhales bench really isn't that strong and I don't say that jokingly which obviously includes the King. He got 30mins yesterday but barring winning a free and conceding a free he had no impact. I know people were saying the management shouldn't have taken him off towards the end of extra time but the sole purpose of that substitution was to waste 30 seconds and disrupt the flow of game for Clara.

Claras 4th goal shouldn't of stood but there does seem to be panic in their full back line when it breaks,as said above there goalie is suspect especially under the high ball.I thought joey was decent and kevin mullen improved as it went on claras problem were reliant on frees and a bit of magic from bloger
    The only thing is of the 4 teams left which team has the most potent full forward line,there's not many,bolger yesterday at times,mullen,john walsh,richie power,Walton was excellent on the frees.gortha probably loughlins best forward
    As the recent results prove it's very tight championship but loughlins/ballyhale probably the neutrals final.
    It looks unlikely mick fennelly has another year at county level.
    On henry coming on he looked way off the pace pulling and dragging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

3 enjoyable games today with decent crowds.
    The ballyhale match probably the most enjoyable they were much better than clara but seem to lull for periods and give up goal chances.clara walked 2 over the line while murphy got the opening an bolger got a cracker having missed an easier 1 prior to that but he is a goal threat and with time and hard work he can be very dangerous.
    Richie reid was the best hurler on view between the 3 matches he set up attack after attack and clara should of learnt from last week.
    Darren mullen probably next best player on view in thomastown while a adrain after a quite 1st half bagged 1-2 and was dangerous.
    Fair play to clara like last week never gave up but they didn't get enough from their leaders to win.
    Shane v tj was a great battle for an hour and 40 mins bit pender done as good as he could.
    Then on to callan where it went to the wire John walsh who was very good missed a penalty but the boro got a penalty at the stroke of 60 mins and pointed it.2 frees then won it for the boro,buckley covering loads of ground and robbie fitzpatrick also impressing,mick malone good again and jamie fennelly I think was a handful. Mullinavat can learn from this defeat and like clara and the shocks they should of won it last week.
    Finally the village match like the other 3 was very hard to predict a winner for large spells,richie power pulled all the strings up front for the shocks in the 1st half before pulling up at the stroke of half time and they didn't offer much in the ff line in the 2nd half,he has unbelievable vision and touches.luke scanlon worked hard he was also decent last week.
    Overall a long but enjoyable day of hurling.
    Who marked Richie Power?

• Advertisement

thesultan wrote: »
    Who marked Richie Power?

Tom keough then cody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Can someone explain how Jason Cleere was eligible to play yesterday after getting a straight red the last day? Everyone keeps saying to me that "it's a different competition" but how does that make any sense. Absolute nonsense

Can someone explain how Jason Cleere was eligible to play yesterday after getting a straight red the last day? Everyone keeps saying to me that "it's a different competition" but how does that make any sense. Absolute nonsense

I thought I heard he appealed it

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Ballycallan through to the intermediate final. Glenmore had a great first half, 1-10 to 6 points. They seemed to fall apart after getting an early goal in reply to a GBC goal. Only scored 1-2 the whole half compared with 2-12 scored by GBC,
    Final score GBC 2-18 Glenmore 2-12.

Tullaroan ballycallan would be a great final but I can’t see them getting past Ballyragget, they played them a few weeks ago and Ballyragget were much stronger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,916 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ballycallan through to the intermediate final. Glenmore had a great first half, 1-10 to 6 points. They seemed to fall apart after getting an early goal in reply to a GBC goal. Only scored 1-2 the whole half compared with 2-12 scored by GBC,
    Final score GBC 2-18 Glenmore 2-12.

Tullaroan ballycallan would be a great final but I can’t see them getting past Ballyragget, they played them a few weeks ago and Ballyragget were much stronger

Would be a good final alright, read this in an extract from Tyrell's book recently:

"Though Tommy Walsh hurls with Tullaroan, his home address is Ballycallan. This was a fact which teammate John Hoyne regularly highlighted.

Walsh, however, had a great response.

Tommy was never having any of it. 'Me father,' — Tommy would begin a lot of sentences mentioning his father — 'told me that when they were building the house at home, they built the main part of the house in Tullaroan, but they built the toilet in Ballycallan. So we eat and sleep in Tullaroan. But we go to the jacks in Ballycallan.'

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/three-stories-beautifully-capture-lunacy-tommy-walsh-375013

Half time Ballyragget lead 3-9 to 1-12.

Shamrocks vs village, o loughlins v the boro for the senior semi’s

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Half time Ballyragget lead 3-9 to 1-12.

Shamrocks vs village, o loughlins v the boro for the senior semi’s

Strange outfit for Ballyragget playing in a Galway strip (same colour I know but very odd). Anyone at Nowlan Park look closely and you can clearly see Supermac's across the front and Papa John's between the shoulders. Why?!?

FCIM wrote: »
    Strange outfit for Ballyragget playing in a Galway strip. Anyone at Nowlan Park look closely and you can clearly see Supermac's across the front and Papa John's between the shoulders. Why?!?

I assumed Supermacs also sponsored them?

I assumed Supermacs also sponsored them?

Not according to photos on their Facebook page. Supermac's would seem a large company to sponsor a small parish team (other than Ballinasloe for obvious reasons).

Not according to photos on their Facebook page. Supermac's would seem a large company to sponsor a small parish team (other than Ballinasloe for obvious reasons).

They were in that strip the last time against tullaroan anyway.

• Advertisement

Actually think it is a Ballyragget shirt, the back looks like it says Naomh Padraig below Papa John's - big sponsor for a village parish.

They were in that strip the last time against tullaroan anyway.

They also have Naomh Padraig on the back of the shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

brookville wrote:
    I thought I heard he appealed it

Not sure. I don't know how that can be appealed though. He struck with hurl off the ball and was caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Not sure. I don't know how that can be appealed though. He struck with hurl off the ball and was caught.

Sent off in the first round of the championship.
    so available for relegation round

Will miss the first round of the champion ship next yr.

See Ballyragget won very hard to get out of intermediate in KK

Just a note

Sean Cleere took charge of the u14 game this morning. John Lockes won

Great to see Kevin Kelly having such a good game as most who have stood out in all the championships have been in older players.

Think Ballyragget will win the intermediate final, theyre a very physical team and ballycallan only seemed to come to life in the second half of their game.

Think Ballyragget will win the intermediate final, theyre a very physical team and ballycallan only seemed to come to life in the second half of their game.

Same against thomastown they won it in the last 15 mins,
    Ballyragget were the better team,kelly and padraig easily the standout players,padraig had to try do much,both tommy walshes quite enough

Ballyragget were the better team,kelly and padraig easily the standout players,padraig had to try do much,both tommy walshes quite enough[/quote]

Thought Padraig bar winning a few high balls was quiet and it was Mossy Keoghan who battles best up front for them second half. Kelly was outstanding abs his touch was excellent. Really impressed with Geoff Morrisey at Full Back who is a huge unit but more importantly is well able to hurl and dare I say I wouldn't mind seen how he would fair out at county level.....

Glenmore will be very dissapointed with the second half collapse. Eddie was very good when he came on and Billy Ryan got a fantastic goal. All the pressure will be on Ballyragget as favourites in final but GBC rightly so will fancy their chances

Ballyragget were the better team,kelly and padraig easily the standout players,padraig had to try do much,both tommy walshes quite enough

Thought Padraig bar winning a few high balls was quiet and it was Mossy Keoghan who battles best up front for them second half. Kelly was outstanding abs his touch was excellent. Really impressed with Geoff Morrisey at Full Back who is a huge unit but more importantly is well able to hurl and dare I say I wouldn't mind seen how he would fair out at county level.....

Glenmore will be very dissapointed with the second half collapse. Eddie was very good when he came on and Billy Ryan got a fantastic goal. All the pressure will be on Ballyragget as favourites in final but GBC rightly so will fancy their chances[/quote]

I agree mossy had a good 2nd half but I thought padraig was good especially in the first half he was bottled up in the 2nd,he won the penalty aswell.
    The peno tullaroan gave away was needless but high giving the ref no choice,that put 9 in at at that stage it was a big lead to peg back but like John Walsh yesterday Shane went for power where as Kevin placed his in the corner with no run up to it.
    You'd have to fancy bragget now an I hope they do it as they've being there so long trying to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Eddie Brennan made a difference today, one of his three points was outrageous. I think Ballycallan will play him for more than 30 minutes in the final. Billy Ryan also came into the game after a quiet first half. I was impressed by his brother Sean. Hard to see them beating Ballyragget.

blackcard wrote: »
    Eddie Brennan made a difference today, one of his three points was outrageous. I think Ballycallan will play him for more than 30 minutes in the final. Billy Ryan also came into the game after a quiet first half. I was impressed by his brother Sean. Hard to see them beating Ballyragget.

Yea sean was the county minor I think but he was good against ttown aswell.I wouldn't completely dismiss gbc because all the pressure on ballragget and 9 up with 15 mins left and tullaroan could of stole it,jesse roberts is a good hurler,gbc will feel if they can hold kelly they have a chance,3-11 from kelly is some going we all know he has the ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Thought Michael Gannon in goal looked county class today. He brought off an incredible reaction save in the first half too and oozes confidence. Ballyragget have some lovely hurlers all over the field and are looking to finally end their hoodoo of losing in afew finals at this grade. Kevin Kelly was excellent and looked really dangerous. The Brennans, Stauntons, Morrisseys and Phelans are good hurlers and will take beating.
    Ballycallan had another great second half performance to book their place in the final. Billy and Sean Ryan were lively up front and Eddie Brennan caused havoc when introduced. Young Jesse Roberts was excellent too.
    From a county perspective, Ger Alyward was very poor. Eoin and Alan Murphy were excellent in the first half but faded out of it in the second half. Padraig Walsh battled away but wasn't as effective as he normally is for them. Tommy Walsh was anonymous which is hard to believe! Kevin Kelly was excellent as already mentioned.
    I must note Morrisseys thunderous shoulder on Padraig Walsh bearing down on goal in the second half, what a hit! Very well timed and very fair shoulder to shoulder tackle, great to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Village87

Glenmore will be very dissapointed with the second half collapse. Eddie was very good when he came on and Billy Ryan got a fantastic goal. All the pressure will be on Ballyragget as favourites in final but GBC rightly so will fancy their chances

I agree mossy had a good 2nd half but I thought padraig was good especially in the first half he was bottled up in the 2nd,he won the penalty aswell.
    The peno tullaroan gave away was needless but high giving the ref no choice,that put 9 in at at that stage it was a big lead to peg back but like John Walsh yesterday Shane went for power where as Kevin placed his in the corner with no run up to it.
    You'd have to fancy bragget now an I hope they do it as they've being there so long trying to win[/QUOTE]

Very very dissapointed in the 2 Tommy Walshs, especially the younger one, lacks any presence and non existant in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

phkk wrote: »
    I must note Morrisseys thunderous shoulder on Padraig Walsh bearing down on goal in the second half, what a hit! Very well timed and very fair shoulder to shoulder tackle, great to see!

+1 As well timed and executed a piece of defending as you are likely to see, preventing what looked like a certain goal. He's certainly growing into the role of full back this year and is looking very assured.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭droppingball

Was at the Ballyhale and Clara game, Richie Reid hurled well at centre back, he sat in and protected Joey where he could. This is an area where the county are struggling as we get sucked out the field a lot. His distribution was very good, worth a look at in the league but doubt he would be dominant enough for centre back at inter county but we won't know unless he is tried out.

Clara didn't score a point from play until around the 50th minute or so which is very poor. The did also miss a number of frees and Langton missed a crucial one near the end of extra time that Bolger should have taken.

Clara played with a withdrawn man between the full forward and half forward line and two inside. Both played very narrow inside and all ball that went in was high and hanging. Chris Bolger caught a few but he was generally surrounded by defenders. One thing that couldn't be questioned is how hard Clara fought they were very dogged and the Shamrocks found it hard to shake them off.

In the main Adrian Mullen found it hard going but he got two great cross field balls from his brother and he skinned his man and got 1-1 from them. Darren Mullen hurled well and midfield seems to suit him, very tidy in must stuff he did but got caught on the ball a few times. He did give the forwards the advantage with his clever balls in though which provided a number of scores.

Colin Fennelly was very patchy and was out of the game for large portions of it. I'd say Henry was not impressed being brought on and taken off. It nearly gave Clara a lift everytime he was beaten to a ball but I'd say Henry will be sharper with more hurling.

Missed the intermediate games, how did Conor Flynn and Colm Prenderville hurl as I was impressed with them in the quarter finals?

• Advertisement

Was at the Ballyhale and Clara game, Richie Reid hurled well at centre back, he sat in and protected Joey where he could. This is an area where the county are struggling as we get sucked out the field a lot. His distribution was very good, worth a look at in the league but doubt he would be dominant enough for centre back at inter county but we won't know unless he is tried out.

Clara didn't score a point from play until around the 50th minute or so which is very poor. The did also miss a number of frees and Langton missed a crucial one near the end of extra time that Bolger should have taken.

Clara played with a withdrawn man between the full forward and half forward line and two inside. Both played very narrow inside and all ball that went in was high and hanging. Chris Bolger caught a few but he was generally surrounded by defenders. One thing that couldn't be questioned is how hard Clara fought they were very dogged and the Shamrocks found it hard to shake them off.

In the main Adrian Mullen found it hard going but he got two great cross field balls from his brother and he skinned his man and got 1-1 from them. Darren Mullen hurled well and midfield seems to suit him, very tidy in must stuff he did but got caught on the ball a few times. He did give the forwards the advantage with his clever balls in though which provided a number of scores.

Colin Fennelly was very patchy and was out of the game for large portions of it. I'd say Henry was not impressed being brought on and taken off. It nearly gave Clara a lift everytime he was beaten to a ball but I'd say Henry will be sharper with more hurling.

Missed the intermediate games, how did Conor Flynn and Colm Prenderville hurl as I was impressed with them in the quarter finals?

Two big young lads. Good athletes but there hurling needs to improve, they did ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

@Village87

Do you think the Village have any chance against Ballyhale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I have no idea of whether Richie Reid is good enough to play centre back at the top level, but I would be very cautious about dismissing a lad on the basis that he doesn't visually dominate the game. Two of the best and most under rated centre backs of the last 20 years imo were Brian Hogan and Conor O'Mahoney and both were not fully appreciated for what they brought to their respective teams until they were gone. Neither could ever be described as ''dominant'' centre backs, but what they did was they held the centre well, they gave the defence a definitive structure and protected the full back line very well. I would go as far as saying that this is the type of centre back that KK should be actively looking for as opposed to the swashbuckling all singing all dancing type. My own county found this out the hard way with Padraic Maher and he is probably the best wing back in the country over the last number of years since he was removed from the Centre/Full back positions where he didn't have the discipline required.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭droppingball

danganabu wrote: »
    I have no idea of whether Richie Reid is good enough to play centre back at the top level, but I would be very cautious about dismissing a lad on the basis that he doesn't visually dominate the game. Two of the best and most under rated centre backs of the last 20 years imo were Brian Hogan and Conor O'Mahoney and both were not fully appreciated for what they brought to their respective teams until they were gone. Neither could ever be described as ''dominant'' centre backs, but what they did was they held the centre well, they gave the defence a definitive structure and protected the full back line very well. I would go as far as saying that this is the type of centre back that KK should be actively looking for as opposed to the swashbuckling all singing all dancing type. My own county found this out the hard way with Padraic Maher and he is probably the best wing back in the country over the last number of years since he was removed from the Centre/Full back positions where he didn't have the discipline required.

Agree totally with your point about being dominant, however I did say he should be tried and then hopefully we will see what he can bring. Definitely not writing him off totally but have doubts he is the answer until we see how he goes.

He can mop up ball, holds the centre but worry that he is not aggressive or combative enough for inter county. Would also like to see more of him to see how good he is in the air. Brian Hogan and Conor O Mahony may not have been control a game type of centre backs but they had agression and were strong in the tackle.

It is definitely worth taking a chance on him in the league for two games and see how he fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭suirway

Village87 wrote: »
    You'd have to fancy bragget now an I hope they do it as they've being there so long trying to win

Very very dissapointed in the 2 Tommy Walshs, especially the younger one, lacks any presence and non existant in the air[/quote]

Heard Tommy Walsh (under 21) was in hospital sick earlier in the week so probably wasn't right.

• Advertisement

suirway wrote: »
    Very very dissapointed in the 2 Tommy Walshs, especially the younger one, lacks any presence and non existant in the air

Heard Tommy Walsh (under 21) was in hospital sick earlier in the week so probably wasn't right.[/quote]
    He was well off yesterday anyway but I thought his man got the better of him against young irelands aswell,he has a lot of hurling done maybe he needs a break although most of these lads will be into it with their colleges.
    Most of the matches at the weekend were high scoring but a lot is from frees,lot of frees giving at club level don't be giving at county level.

Heard Tommy Walsh (under 21) was in hospital sick earlier in the week so probably wasn't right.
    He was well off yesterday anyway but I thought his man got the better of him against young irelands aswell,he has a lot of hurling done maybe he needs a break although most of these lads will be into it with their colleges.
    Most of the matches at the weekend were high scoring but a lot is from frees,lot of frees giving at club level don't be giving at county level.[/quote]
    Kevin Kelly got 1-8 from frees, Shane Walsh 0-9 from frees (missed a penalty. David Walton got 0-10 from frees I think. A lot of the frees stupid ones to give away.

Most of the matches at the weekend were high scoring but a lot is from frees,lot of frees giving at club level don't be giving at county level.[/quote]
    Kevin Kelly got 1-8 from frees, Shane Walsh 0-9 from frees (missed a penalty. David Walton got 0-10 from frees I think. A lot of the frees stupid ones to give away.

danganabu wrote: »

Agreee Richie Reid doesn't have the physique and presence for Centre Back but what he does have is the ability to read the game and ball incredibly well. He also very good under the high ball which is something we missed last year hugely as our half back line couldn't win any pick outs. His distribution is excellent and also has the ability to take a long range score. Where he struggles a bit is that he is a bit rash in the tackle and gives away a few frees as this probably comes from spending most his career in the forwards but is something that can he easily improve. Definitely like to see him get a run at centre back and Right half back

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

God himself appointed as u21 manager tonight. Best of luck to him.

Saw him at the intermediate matches yesterday. Cody there as usual. Does he even miss a junior match?

@Village87

Do you think the Village have any chance against Ballyhale?

Have a good chance, probably a better balance team than Ballyhale but then Ballyhale have TJ. Jackie needs to up his game, very sluggish at the minute. Any good team has a chance v Ballyhale at the moment

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/1010/911383-dj/
    Dj going to have a chat with brian about our playing style, dj is right about our playing style being too predictable hopefully things change next year,I dunno if brian will listen to him tho

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/1010/911383-dj/
    Dj going to have a chat with brian about our playing style, dj is right about our playing style being too predictable hopefully things change next year,I dunno if brian will listen to him tho

maybe a comment that should have been kept to himself. bit early for im going to fix it all chat.
    media can twist it .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement