Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭shmeee

Comerman wrote: »
    Heard there's some amount of pictures about, anyone??

Multiple videos and photos of the "scenes" are doing the rounds via messaging apps etc.

With a picture of the cup in many of the videos and images it looks awful.

It will break in national media over the coming days.

If you do this kind of stuff, at least do it behind closed doors and make sure no one is silly enough to record it because stuff can spread like wildfire these days with phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Can someone PM me with what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

so where would one see these shameful photos/videos ... just so I can cast my own judgement like! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Soooo...I've learnt that Ballyraggett is in Kilkenny!

Some picture and videos!!!

BJs all around lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

http://kclr96fm.com/ballyragget-gaa-caught-celebration-scandal-lewd-footage-shared-online/

“St Patrick’s club wishes to state the photographs were taken at a private event.
    The club will co-operate fully into any investigation into the matter.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Comerman

I'd reckon anyone that Cody might of considered calling up might of blown their chances (excuse the pun)

Storm in a d-cup, it'll all blow over in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Phones are an absolute curse for these things. Back in the day (even 10 years ago) after something like this there'd have been rumours about what went down and would have been some fairly serious off the record investigations into it, but ultimately it would have been kept fairly quiet. Now this poor lad is all over the internet with his nob out.

Like, the celebrations were over the top. There's no question about that. If the players wanted that sort of celebration don't do it with the fcekin cup! But the repercussions from this now are so much more severe than they would have been before camera phones and whatsapp and all that. I know they should know this and should know better, but they're mainly young lads. You'd have to have sympathy for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not sure if my immediate reaction would be sympathy for these lads. Shower of fcukin eejits will bring the whole gaa into disrepute. I give it two days before the opinion columns of the times and independent are awash with condemnations of the gaa as a bastion of toxic masculinity, hot on the heels of Tom ****ing Humphries and his scummy bull**** (an absolute guarantee: these two incidents will be linked). And we'll all be implicated in that "culture" in some vaguely defined way that allows people who always eyed the association with deep suspicion to declare us all guilty by extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

What kind of punishment could they get?they obviously over stepped the mark but I don't think they'll be thrown out of the leinster championship.
    It was all over the local radio this evening,local politicians on,callers going mental, we all know it shouldn't of happened or definitely not recorded and distributed around but it goes on at every stag every weekend I don't see it as the biggest deal in the world to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Screen shots of their WhatsApp group going around now, bit of panicking going on and several players telling everyone to deny everything.

Screen shots of their WhatsApp group going around now, bit of panicking going on and several players telling everyone to deny everything.

How can the pics published be denied??

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

How can the pics published be denied??

Saying club celebrations stopped after Sunday night(haha) and cup left in pub.
    A lot of fuss over nothing imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Bita craic, no one hurt etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

blue note wrote: »
    Now this poor lad is all over the internet with his nob out.

Poor lad - there he was, minding his own business, with his knob out, getting a blowjob and then some cu*t comes along and takes a picture - what's the world coming to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Did it happen in a pub after closing time .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

This thread hasn't been as active in a long time....on a more serious note the match is on telly sunday with the thurles match deferred.it's being a while since they showed the kk match live it'll probably take from the crowd.
    I was reading on the paper the minor final will go ahead before the senior and olg hammered gbc tonight so a city derby in the minor aswell.

brookville wrote: »
    This thread hasn't been as active in a long time....on a more serious note the match is on telly sunday with the thurles match deferred.it's being a while since they showed the kk match live it'll probably take from the crowd.
    I was reading on the paper the minor final will go ahead before the senior and olg hammered gbc tonight so a city derby in the minor aswell.
    Wouldn't think so a lot of people looking forward to this final I think the matches will bring a big crowd from Town and far wide they wont be the same paltry crowd as there was in Walsh park 2,700.

• Advertisement

Yeah, think there'll be a big crowd regardless of it being on television.

I'm surprised the Village haven't got the Minor moved, given Niall Brassil has come on in the last few games for them. Seems a bit unfair on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

PeterCasey wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so a lot of people looking forward to this final I think the matches will bring a big crowd from Town and far wide they wont be the same paltry crowd as there was in Walsh park 2,700.

I'll be travelling down from Galway for it... G'wan The Village! :)

marvin80 wrote: »
    Poor lad - there he was, minding his own business, with his knob out, getting a blowjob and then some cu*t comes along and takes a picture - what's the world coming to.

Whatever happened to the rule, what goes on tour stays on tour?

To be fair, i remember my own club were involved in a harmless incident in 2002 when they went up the country to play a club in one of the so called weaker counties. they went out on the town that night and a few of them were arrested under public order for mooning. they got a fine and life went on. All people knew was details in the indo of their court appearance. if it was today it would be anarchy and the saddest thing of this is that it seems that one of the camp has filmed and leaked this

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Would 2 rural clubs not bring a bigger crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

See the season ticket prices have shot up.120 for adult now and 30 for the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

To be fair, i remember my own club were involved in a harmless incident in 2002 when they went up the country to play a club in one of the so called weaker counties. they went out on the town that night and a few of them were arrested under public order for mooning. they got a fine and life went on. All people knew was details in the indo of their court appearance. if it was today it would be anarchy and the saddest thing of this is that it seems that one of the camp has filmed and leaked this

When I read about this incident first (here in this thread), I had presumed that one chap had his phone out on the sly and was recording it. But in fact there were loads of lads taking videos, photos, selfies... you name it. This was never going to be kept under wraps.

The County board will deal with this like an incident happened in a club near St patricks a couple of years ago the County board Ned Quinn told them people had to resign if it was not dealt with in a time frame they would take action so the person had to resign.They will look at this that St patricks are representing the County the cup was involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Village87

blue note wrote: »
    Phones are an absolute curse for these things. Back in the day (even 10 years ago) after something like this there'd have been rumours about what went down and would have been some fairly serious off the record investigations into it, but ultimately it would have been kept fairly quiet. Now this poor lad is all over the internet with his nob out.

Like, the celebrations were over the top. There's no question about that. If the players wanted that sort of celebration don't do it with the fcekin cup! But the repercussions from this now are so much more severe than they would have been before camera phones and whatsapp and all that. I know they should know this and should know better, but they're mainly young lads. You'd have to have sympathy for them.

That Leacy lad involved should be reported for it, his name is the one recording it all. Lads like him ruin the occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

brookville wrote: »
    What kind of punishment could they get?they obviously over stepped the mark but I don't think they'll be thrown out of the leinster championship.
    It was all over the local radio this evening,local politicians on,callers going mental, we all know it shouldn't of happened or definitely not recorded and distributed around but it goes on at every stag every weekend I don't see it as the biggest deal in the world to be honest
    When you win you local club championship you do NOT automatically qualify for your provincial club championship. It is up to your local County Board to nominate and in 99.99% instances it is the case that the county champions get put forward. 
    However I have  a feeling the Kilkenny County Board will be under serious pressure from the Leinster Council to not put Ballyragget forward in this instance so that they GAA can be seen to been a kind of  stance against this kind of behaviour. I have heard from a very good source that this will be the punishment dished out...........and IMO it a complete over reaction so sincerely hope it not the case. It front page of the Daily Mirror today and on Today FM this morning so expect it to receive alot of air time on the radio today. If I was a Ballyragget player I would be fuming with the snake in the camp who has passed out screenshots from their own players Whattsapp group...........not helping their case one bit at all

Village87 wrote: »
    That Leacy lad involved should be reported for it, his name is the one recording it all. Lads like him ruin the occasion

The occasion?? Getting a bj in a pub?? I didn’t think strippers engaged in actual sex acts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

the saddest thing of this is that it seems that one of the camp has filmed and leaked this

There's your answer there - if they had any cop-on they wouldn't have taken pictures or videos and all this craic wouldn't appear in the papers etc..

It's all their own doing - idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

dubcat51 wrote: »
    See the season ticket prices have shot up.120 for adult now and 30 for the kids.
    It has been going up steadily for the last four years since demand has increased. For the last 5 yearr I have went for the Season Ticket with Club + and this has remained at €200 throughout these years. It great value if like myself usually go to quite a substantial amount of club games. The €80 extra price difference is now nearly covered by just attending the Senior & Intermediate semi's and both finals alone as these are all €15 entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

so people think the losers of the inter final will now enter leinster ?
    very harsh on the players not involved

I'd be fairly certain Ballycallan wouldn't enter even if they were put forward by the county board.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    I'd be fairly certain Ballycallan wouldn't enter even if they were put forward by the county board.

Why wouldn’t they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Village87

Why wouldn’t they?

No way should they. Why would you want to, you should only enter as Champions and it would be disrespectful to Ballyragget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Comerman

Anyone know what the story is with students tickets for Sunday? Website says e10 for students but supervalu only have adult tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Village87 wrote: »

Leacy? That is an odd surname.

What a really really grim story. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

The Ballyragget thing? Meh.

The real scandal is the season ticket prices and how the GAA keeps bleeding its fans. I can't see how you can benefit from having a season ticket now. I went to all Kilkenny matches last year and only saved a tenner on the base price of the season ticket. Now, not only has it subsumed the tenner saved, its a tenner more expensive and they seem to have removed the first championship match included in the season ticket from the deal. This thing about reductions in price for all pool matches is horsesh*t as the reductions were part of the deal anyway for championship games.

Ballyragget players f*ck a few strippers, the GAA f*cks its fans, don't see why the Ballyragget players should create such a stir when they're only following Croke Park's example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Won't be hard to find out who shared the whatsapp chat screenshots anyway. Eejit has his network showing as in Dubai, so process of elimination will weed him out.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

PeterCasey wrote: »
    Did it happen in a pub after closing time .

and just a few more questions, what pub was it? and is it a weekly thing?:p:p

Won't be hard to find out who shared the whatsapp chat screenshots anyway. Eejit has his network showing as in Dubai, so process of elimination will weed him out.....

Well there’s a lot of Irish people in Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Not in that whats app group though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭shmeee

Not a lot of people in Dubai in the Bally Boys Abu WhatsApp group though, is there?

Simple track down who.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

shmeee wrote: »
    Not a lot of people in Dubai in the Bally Boys Abu WhatsApp group though, is there?

Simple track down who.

I hope he hadn't planned on coming home for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

The real damage is to the poor women of Ballyragget when they see some of their most eligible batchelors getting it on with what can only be, going by the photos anyway, Miss Fionnuala O'Flabbyt*ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Is there such a thing as a club-games only season ticket?

delaney001 wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as a club-games only season ticket?

In limerick there is, think its 100 euro and you get entry to Limerick club games

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement