Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

How did JJ Farrell play y'day? Never heard much from him on the radio commentary. Don't think he scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Let's see if our functional team are good enough😺.really hate teams with sweepers.hope ourselves and limerick win for the good of the game.if teams become successful using sweeper tactics others start to try and copy.look at cork last year.murphy got bullied into playing a sweeper.dour games and little goals are the result.

Jon jobs battled away against a big full back.scored 1pt I think in the first half.gives everything but lacks a turn of pace and a little bit of class. Imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Michael Kavanagh

How did JJ Farrell play y'day? Never heard much from him on the radio commentary. Don't think he scored.
    My opinion jj Farrell is not good enough for this level he looks very slow awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Thought he did alright. He got a lot of high ball into him most of which he was unable to catch and only able to break. This worked on a few occasions and goals were scored. He got a touch to a ball from Lester that flew into the net but I don't know who got the credit for the score. He gave the pass to Blanchfield for his goal. That to me is his strength, i.e. a disruptor making things happen for others around him rather than himself.

Just heard that limerick played a sweeper v dublin.that makes us the only 1 of the 3 semi finalist who don't play one.awful the way hurling is going.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Let's see if our functional team are good enough😺.really hate teams with sweepers.hope ourselves and limerick win for the good of the game.if teams become successful using sweeper tactics others start to try and copy.look at cork last year.murphy got bullied into playing a sweeper.dour games and little goals are the result.

I think Waterford realise that they have to be more attacking this year. They got so far last year but need to score more this year. Once TJ got the goal in the semi-final last year the game was over. They even kept playing a sweeper with 10mins to go and them needing a goal to get back into it. We'll only know in a few months if they've developed their offensive system in the dry sod.

I think that coaches look at Waterford and the sweeper and realise it'll only get them so far. It's easier to beat the sweeper in hurling than in football and hopefully, that's why it'll faze out...hopefully!!!!

My opinion jj Farrell is not good enough for this level he looks very slow awkward.[/quot

That's 2 starts he's had in league. 1pt, if he got it, is a poor enough return.

Is he a useful target man at FF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Not a massive fan of Farrell myself, mainly because of his swing off his left which is an abomination, but in saying that he's an intelligent hurler. He plays full forward better than Kelly imo because he's able to contest with the full back. Anytime he plays in there you rarely see the full back winning consistent clean ball. Looking at the game yesterday in the first half I'd say he only got one good delivery from out the field where the ball was put in front of him instead of on top of him and he either set up a score or scored his point from it - can't remember. Ball came from Lester.

Also going back to the Tipp game his touch around Barrett and subsequent pass to Kelly for the goal was top class. You couldn't see it on the TV or from the New Stand but I had a great view from the Old Stand and the touch and turn to leave Barrett on his arse was brilliant.

2/3 years ago I would've said he didn't belong there but he's a good squad player for the League. Wouldn't be relying on him in August or anything but he does a job at this time of the year.

Don't know how we won by so much yesterday. Thought we were very ordinary. Didn't think Kelly or Blanchfield did enough to stand out. Thought Jackie was shocking nervous when he came on. Good to see Michael Fennelly back earlier than normal even if it was brief. Lester was decent. Colin was alright but gives some brain dead passes at times when he should back himself. All in all the only thing you could take from the game is how little anyone cared. Offaly didn't try a yard.

I actually think a win the next day is pretty important if for no other reason than to stop Clare getting any momentum. Kill it now before the confidence gets going. Don't think they're our main danger this year by any means but still - let's not let them think they are either.

My opinion jj Farrell is not good enough for this level he looks very slow awkward.[/quot

That's 2 starts he's had in league. 1pt, if he got it, is a poor enough return.

Is he a useful target man at FF?
    No I wouldn't think so he was blocked down for a goal which he should have buried , i couldn't understand why they didn't put in L Blanchfield full forward yesterday see what he could do .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Just heard that limerick played a sweeper v dublin.that makes us the only 1 of the 3 semi finalist who don't play one.awful the way hurling is going.

In fairness we often play spatially quite deep, with some of our forwards dropping into the midfield area, and our midfielders dropping into the half-back line. So I don't think we can complain too much about teams who play with a sweeper system.

In fairness we often play spatially quite deep, with some of our forwards dropping into the midfield area, and our midfielders dropping into the half-back line. So I don't think we can complain too much about teams who play with a sweeper system.

I think part of the problem is we can play 15 on 15. When we play against teams with a sweeper, Paul Murphy (usually) the spare man and he just sweeps up at the back. 3 on 2 in the backs.

KK don't go out to play with a sweeper but play the team set up in front of them, whether that is 15 on 15 or with a sweeper.

Re: the point above and the compressing of the defence. I think we conceded too many goal chances against Tipp in the drawn replay a few years ago and the management decided for the replay to 'shut up shop' i.e. compress the space from the half back line back as much as possible and try to eliminate the Tipp's goal scoring opportunities. I think we've continued with this system - probably not as a game plan but in the players' minds to close down the space.

Maybe in all respects, all teams do this unintentionally now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭blackcard

Not a massive fan of Farrell myself, mainly because of his swing off his left which is an abomination, but in saying that he's an intelligent hurler. He plays full forward better than Kelly imo because he's able to contest with the full back. Anytime he plays in there you rarely see the full back winning consistent clean ball. Looking at the game yesterday in the first half I'd say he only got one good delivery from out the field where the ball was put in front of him instead of on top of him and he either set up a score or scored his point from it - can't remember. Ball came from Lester.

Also going back to the Tipp game his touch around Barrett and subsequent pass to Kelly for the goal was top class. You couldn't see it on the TV or from the New Stand but I had a great view from the Old Stand and the touch and turn to leave Barrett on his arse was brilliant.

2/3 years ago I would've said he didn't belong there but he's a good squad player for the League. Wouldn't be relying on him in August or anything but he does a job at this time of the year.

Don't know how we won by so much yesterday. Thought we were very ordinary. Didn't think Kelly or Blanchfield did enough to stand out. Thought Jackie was shocking nervous when he came on. Good to see Michael Fennelly back earlier than normal even if it was brief. Lester was decent. Colin was alright but gives some brain dead passes at times when he should back himself. All in all the only thing you could take from the game is how little anyone cared. Offaly didn't try a yard.

I actually think a win the next day is pretty important if for no other reason than to stop Clare getting any momentum. Kill it now before the confidence gets going. Don't think they're our main danger this year by any means but still - let's not let them think they are either.

In fairness Liam Blanchfield scored 1-3 in his first senior outing, he is still only 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Overall not much can be gleaned from Sundays match here's how I would rate those who played

E Murphy-7- only because he had so little to do when called upon was brave and quick to spot the danger
    P Murphy-7- was playing well before he went off injured, he's injury looked the worst to me. Some sort of shoulder issue but if he came back out and sat on the bench it couldn't be a break or anything, as he would have went straight to Lukes. - replaced by J Tyrrell
    J Tyrrell-8- given that it's only the 3rd time he's played any competitive hurling since last July I think he played quite well. As someone said he looked nervous or fidgity when he came on, but I think he settled in and played as I would expect a player of his calibre to, particularly in the second half.
    R Lennon-5- not on the field for any length I think he touched the ball once maybe twice but cleared the danger. - replaced by J Houlden
    J Houlden-7- Did well when he came on nothing specactular but he got the job done efficiently
    Shane Prendergast-7- was quite enough but did well enough, he switched to the right when Jackie came on and they both look more comfortable on the left and suffer a bit in the right corner.
    C O'Shea-7- was pleasantly surprised with O'Shea. He didn't do anything wrong, nothing outstanding but got stuck in and is a big lad who is mobile. He looked better than I remembered him being. He won't displace P Walsh or anything but I'd be comfortable with him filling in if required.
    K Joyce-8- did well and got stuck in and cleared plenty of ball.
    C Buckley-8- was finally back to his normal high level and played very well.
    M Fennelly-7- was only on for 20 mins or so but was in great form and could have wiped them altogether if he was on for the whole game. - replaced by D Cody
    D Cody-6- didn't do a massive amount when he came on. He was only getting into it in the second half, then he got the two dunts and was hauled ashore for - M Malone
    M Malone-5- went in at left corner forward and K Kelly moved out to midfield. Malone did only ok, he struggled to win his own ball for such a big lad and nothing really came off for him.
    L Ryan-9- A very industrious performance from Lester he hit a couple of wides which are frustrating, when he often has better options and is normally shooting from distance but overall I thought he played very well.
    W Walsh-6- I'd give him a 8 for his first half even with the four wides because he was everywhere causing trouble winning an amount of ball and tracking back. It was like he forgot to come out in the second half I didn't see him in the second half until he was taken off. replaced by - C Martin
    C Martin-5- as anonymous as Wally was ion the second half.
    C Fennelly-8- was working very hard and took his scores well. He could have got more but for passing instead of shooting himself. He completely bossed the CB who was a big guy and his pace burned almost all the defence. Pulled up with a hamstring strain while he was in full tilt down the sideline. - wasn't replaced as all subs used, we finished the match with 14 men
    K Kelly-7- only did ok he wasn't amazing from play or anything and struggled to get on the ball, he did well from dead ball though. Would need to improve to make the Championship team.
    L Blanchfield-7- a good start for a young lad, when he actually got on the ball. He did struggle to get on the ball though. He took his 1-3 very well but against a tougher team he would have really stuggled to get the ball, when he does get it he's good. Plenty for him to work on and I'm sure he'll come on well after hurling with the lads a bit more.
    JJ Farrell-7- tried his heart out and caused loads of trouble but reaped very little benefits himself at the end of the day. He did set up a few goals and does cause lots of trouble but not up to the championship pace.
    J Power-7- The best I've seen him play and if he could only catch a ball sent into him he'd be lethal. Weather the ball is over his head or out in front he could have destroyed them altogether. He could only get possession if he stopped it with the hurl or if it hopped off the palm and landed on the ground but most of these he lost. When he did get it he caused loads of trouble very frustrating.

Great review.would go along with all your marks our of 10.also thought jackie played well second half.lester mom for me.blanchfield could be promising and I was impressed with o she a. Big and mobile could see him in midfield .looking forward to see what team we put out Sunday week injuries aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Whats the word on the injuries?

Whats the word on the injuries?

From the end of an article in the Irish Examiner about Colin Fennellys thoughts on Get Loughnanes comments.

"Fennelly and brother Michael both suffered hamstring injuries in the win over Offaly along with full-back Robert Lennon. Both Fennellys are expected to be available for the Clare game though Lennon is facing four to six weeks out. Paul Murphy is doubtful for the Clare game with a shoulder problem.

Colin Fennelly as speaking at the Etihad Airways GAA World Games 2016 launch in Croke Park yesterday."

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

thought John Joe was very effective and also thought Conor O'Shea was very good, very mobile.

we should not try and rush back anyone for the Clare match.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭droppingball

Missed the game at the weekend but o sheas strikes me as a Cody type player, strong, big, mobile and agressive, hopefully he will get a run at midfield at some point to see how he goes, could be a good option if fennellys injury troubles persist

• Advertisement

From the end of an article in the Irish Examiner about Colin Fennellys thoughts on Get Loughnanes comments.

"Fennelly and brother Michael both suffered hamstring injuries in the win over Offaly along with full-back Robert Lennon. Both Fennellys are expected to be available for the Clare game though Lennon is facing four to six weeks out. Paul Murphy is doubtful for the Clare game with a shoulder problem.

Colin Fennelly as speaking at the Etihad Airways GAA World Games 2016 launch in Croke Park yesterday."

I wouldn't take any chances with the hamstring injuries anyway. Give them an extra week or two if they need it.

Paul Murphy may be out for a few weeks with the shoulder. Again, no point in rushing him back if he's not ready.

Replacements are there - give them a run.

By the way, Conor Fogarty shouldn't be too far away now. Anybody know?

I wouldn't take any chances with the hamstring injuries anyway. Give them an extra week or two if they need it.

Paul Murphy may be out for a few weeks with the shoulder. Again, no point in rushing him back if he's not ready.

Replacements are there - give them a run.

By the way, Conor Fogarty shouldn't be too far away now. Anybody know?

From what I've heard he's back training there was no need to risk him against Offaly. Larkin is back from UN duty about a week or so as well, spotted in the gym the other evening.

From what I've heard he's back training there was no need to risk him against Offaly. Larkin is back from UN duty about a week or so as well, spotted in the gym the other evening.

That's good news at least on both fronts!! I'd say Larks will be fit and just needs a bit of stickwork. He's back at the right time - early April.

Larkin has been some servant over the years. Always steady, chips in with a few scores and puts in a huge shift. Top player. Good to see him back and in a way, the stint with the UN may not have done harm in hurling terms..i.e. a wee break.

An update in the injury front from a interview with GAA.ie

Colin Fennelly hopes to be fit enough to play for Kilkenny in the Allianz Hurling League Division 1 semi-final against Clare on Sunday April 17.

The flying forward was forced off with a hamstring strain after scoring 2-1 in their quarter-final win over Offaly on Sunday, but is hopeful he has done little damage. Speaking on Tuesday at the launch in Croke Park of the Etihad Airways GAA World Games, Fennelly revealed he had gotten positive news from the physio.

“It’s good, yeah,” he said. “I was actually at the physio last night and he said it was a strain. Hopefully be back for the Clare game anyway depending on how I get on. When you pick up the ball and go again, just that pull. I went straight down and walked straight into the ice bath. Yeah, I'm hopeful to be back for the Clare game anyway. I was talking to the physio last night and he said as long as everything goes according to plan I should be back in full training by next Thursday/Friday.”

Kilkenny beat Offaly easily by 6-20 to 0-14, but it came at a cost because Fennelly was not their only injury casualty on the day. Richie Hogan was a late withdrawal with a tight back, Paul Murphy injured his AC joint, and Fennelly’s brother Michael and defender Robert Lennon also both suffered hamstring injuries. Fennelly is confident that Hogan will have recovered in time to face Clare, but is not so sure about the prognosis for Murphy, Lennon, or his brother Michael.

“Paul Murphy, yeah it was the AC joint. I was actually in with him yesterday morning. He's not 100% sure either. I know I hurt my AC joint and I missed the Dublin game. It was only a minor injury and I was missing for two weeks. He could be missing up to four weeks but, again, I just don't know.
    “Michael, he was just feeling a bit tight. He's always cautious of it and he just went off. And Rob Lennon, he's been in trouble for the last, I'd say, five weeks with his hamstring. I'd say he'll have to get a good four or six weeks off this time. He's coming back every two or three weeks and it's not working out for him. I'm not sure about Michael. He's a bit low key about the whole thing so he is!”

The sight of the elder Fennelly brother limping off will have dismayed Kilkenny fans both because of his importance to the team and the fact that he has been so badly plagued by injuries in recent years. He is constantly nursing a chronic back injury that can flare up at any time, and the frequency and intensity with which he can train has been severely compromised. Colin Fennelly admitted the manner in which his brother has remained such an important figure for the team despite his injury woes has been inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

It looks like jackie will come in for murphy.padraig should come back at five.if fogarty was right id have himself and lester.It will be intresting to see will kelly or john joe hold on it looks like power is in favour since the cork match where as maher hasnt being seen recently.john joe and kelly both caused clare trouble last year,id use this match to strenghten our panel instead of going with the tried and tested

brookville wrote: »
    It looks like jackie will come in for murphy.padraig should come back at five.if fogarty was right id have himself and lester.It will be intresting to see will kelly or john joe hold on it looks like power is in favour since the cork match where as maher hasnt being seen recently.john joe and kelly both caused clare trouble last year,id use this match to strenghten our panel instead of going with the tried and tested

Shane O'Donnell gave us bother in the league games last year if I remember correctly. Our full back line was under a bit of pressure. Jackie will have the experience there.

Hopefully Conor will be back with Lester I a good solid midfield partnership. Conor should provide a bit of extra cover in defence also. Colin Fennelly, in that article yesterday, says he is very underrated.

In the forwards, who knows? BC will like to keep people guessing and it's hard to read anything into the Offaly game other than the lads chipped away at the scoreboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Shane O'Donnell gave us bother in the league games last year if I remember correctly. Our full back line was under a bit of pressure. Jackie will have the experience there.

Yeah Shane O'Donnell caused huge amounts of trouble in both games last year.

In the round robin game, he scored 2-0. The full-back line was Prendergast, Murphy and Tyrell.

In the relegation play-off, he scored 1-3. The full-back line was Prendergast, Murphy and Holden.

If I remember correctly, Murphy was marking him both times and got fairly roasted. Our two corner-backs got drawn out the field following their markers, so O'Donnell had loads of space at full-forward. Low diagonal balls were played into him and he really profited.

It'll be interesting to see how we will deal with him this time around (if he plays).

Yeah Shane O'Donnell caused huge amounts of trouble in both games last year.

In the round robin game, he scored 2-0. The full-back line was Prendergast, Murphy and Tyrell.

In the relegation play-off, he scored 1-3. The full-back line was Prendergast, Murphy and Holden.

If I remember correctly, Murphy was marking him both times and got fairly roasted. Our two corner-backs got drawn out the field following their markers, so O'Donnell had loads of space at full-forward. Low diagonal balls were played into him and he really profited.

It'll be interesting to see how we will deal with him this time around (if he plays).

I remember PM was on him alright and got caught out a few times. O' Donnell likes the open ground in front of him alright but in fairness, he hasn't scored that much in the league this year...so far!! He was injured the last day out and didn't play so he may be ready in a few weeks for the quarter final.

I'm not sure if P Murphy will be ready for that game - I wouldn't think so according to reports. Be interesting to see if O'Donnell plays, who'll pick him up and will Davy & Co. play the same tactics of isolating him in at the edge of the square, and as you say, with their corner men a bit to leave space for him to exploit.

Thurles, I'd say, is bigger than NP and may be more room for him!!!

According to Hogan Stand, Clare will have full panel to pick from. Tony Kelly should also be on the panel. Looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

If our half backs play well that alone will diminish O'Donnell's threat, and I would expect the half backs to dominate.

Conner Fogarty certainly very underrated the amount of times he comes out with the ball is unbelievable if you were a half back you would be very happy to have him floating around you. He should have getting allstar at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

He may be underreated in the sense he doesn't grab the headlines like TJ and Richie Hogan and may not be as eye catching in midfield as Mick Fennelly but anybody that knows anything about hurling appreciates what he brings to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

What was the reaction to Loughnane's rant in Kilkenny? I presume it was just laughed off for the load of nonsense that it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭blackcard

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    What was the reaction to Loughnane's rant in Kilkenny? I presume it was just laughed off for the load of nonsense that it was.

I didn't hear anyone get excited about it. I think most Kilkenny people accept that the current team is not as talented as that of 2007/2008 but are as admired for their achievements and efforts

loughnane must be bored with himself, as blackcard said it is a totally different team than 2006 to 2009 . The 2014 final I will never forget that final it will allways live in my memory like it will with a lot of Kilkenny people. Wouldn't worry to much about that man.

Cork managed to drop their corner forwards deep and leave joey exposed with harnedy just like o donnell last year, only difference was harnedy could do damage himself whereas tony kelly did the damage running off o donnell last year. In this case our corner backs need to decide whether they need to mind the house and trust the crowded area around half back line and conor fogarty mopping up or follow their man. Very hard decision on the spur of the moment but i imagine clare will try the same maybe with conlon or shanagher this year.

That will be a good test for the backs but i would confident we can win this. Looking forward to it and i would hope we would stop any momentum clare are building.

As for loughnane thing most kilkenny people find it amusing. This team work there socks off as a result of a legacy the previous team built and the fear of losing and letting the jersey down but these boys have great heart and plenty of skill. Without doubt they deserve to be going for three in a row as they are the best team in country. Only element we seem to be missing is scoring goals that kill off matches, when we hit purple patches we need to create and take a few more.

Fergal Horgan from Tipperary down as ref for quater final.

Cork managed to drop their corner forwards deep and leave joey exposed with harnedy just like o donnell last year, only difference was harnedy could do damage himself whereas tony kelly did the damage running off o donnell last year. In this case our corner backs need to decide whether they need to mind the house and trust the crowded area around half back line and conor fogarty mopping up or follow their man. Very hard decision on the spur of the moment but i imagine clare will try the same maybe with conlon or shanagher this year.

That will be a good test for the backs but i would confident we can win this. Looking forward to it and i would hope we would stop any momentum clare are building.

As for loughnane thing most kilkenny people find it amusing. This team work there socks off as a result of a legacy the previous team built and the fear of losing and letting the jersey down but these boys have great heart and plenty of skill. Without doubt they deserve to be going for three in a row as they are the best team in country. Only element we seem to be missing is scoring goals that kill off matches, when we hit purple patches we need to create and take a few more.

Good point. This team is going for 3 in a row. That's some achievement in itself.

Any team, in any era, going for 3 in a row is a class team in my opinion and i find it hard to differentiate between this team and others that have gone past. This team, has some talent, like the previous teams but are not, in my opinion getting the credit they deserve from outside.

People will talk about the teams that have gone before and the players etc. but these lads are going for 3. Any other county would give gold for that achievement and they'd be saying that there are fantastic etc etc.

According to the Hogan Stand today, the Cats game will come too soon for Shane O'Donnell, David Mc Ilnerney and Tony Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fergal Horgan from Tipperary down as ref for quater final.

Semi I hope ;)

Speak Now wrote: »
    Semi I hope ;)

Mea Culpa!!!

• Advertisement

Me thinks Loughnanel trying to inspire clare and maybe others by saying kilkenny are just functional. For me p Murphy jackie ciallian padraig Joyce etc etc are far more than functional their inspirational to all young kilkenny boys.

Are the seats for Sunday's semi-finals in Semple Stadium unreserved or are they reserved?

Hope it's first come, first served!!!!!

Are the seats for Sunday's semi-finals in Semple Stadium unreserved or are they reserved?

You would wounder with the teams that are in it Limerick, Clare, will bring a big crowd a lot of people have season tickets in Kilkenny , looking at the matches in croke park to day there was about 30000 at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Usually unreserved.

Interesting to see what injured players make it on Sunday, no need to risk any of them really. I would like to see something like Murphy, Pender, Holden, Tyrell, Walsh, Joyce, Buckley, Lester, Conor O Shea, Walter, TJ, James Maher, Hogan, Farrell, Larkin

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

James Maher injured. Set to be out for 6-8 weeks I hear. Big setback for him as he was going very well.

They are dropping like flies, I would probably start Liam Blanchfield and move Larkin to half forward so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Conor O' Shea would get rinsed at midfield by Clare. Imagine him trying to lay up with Colm Galvin. It'd be a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Conor O' Shea would get rinsed at midfield by Clare. Imagine him trying to lay up with Colm Galvin. It'd be a disaster.

Galvin has been moved to the forwards, started corner forward against Tipp and switched to the wing at times.

• Advertisement

O she a looked mobile enough for me the last day.my team would be.murphy Pender holden jackie padraig Joyce ciallian Lester o shea Walter tj blanch field kk Richie bolger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement