Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Richie Leahy is with Carlow alright. Two of my own club men on the team also... Mouse Kavanagh and James Doyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Village87

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Richie Leahy is with Carlow alright. Two of my own club men on the team also... Mouse Kavanagh and James Doyle.

WIT have seemed to decline in the 3/4 years. Carlow IT must be eating into some of the resources from Kilkenny that WIT once had. Richie Leahy is in Carlow IT, Mick Dempsey is literally babysitting him there, from what i heard they Brian Cody wanted him in there under Mick Dempeys guidance

Ah jaysus give the young lad a bit of credit! He hardly needs to be babysat!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Are Chris Bolger and Kevin Kelly finished in Carlow?

Not sure on that one. Think they could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Not sure on that one. Think they could be.

Chris bolger isn't as far as I know but they played garda college last week and kelly wasn't listed but maybe that could be because of ballyraggets involvement.

brookville wrote: »
    Chris bolger isn't as far as I know but they played garda college last week and kelly wasn't listed but maybe that could be because of ballyraggets involvement.

Can anyone post the Carlow Team plese

• Registered Users Posts: 31 BORO BILL

Village87 wrote: »
    Can anyone post the Carlow Team plese

Don’t have the Carlow team but there was more Kilkenny lads with DCU. Darren Mullen corner back was subbed early in 2nd half not his best game, Conor Delaney played well at centre back, John Donnelly got some good scores at wing forward and caused Carlow plenty of bother, Edmond Delaney conahy and Darren Brennan cshock were unused subs. Richie Leahy did ok for Carlow played mid field, Kelly or BOlger not on Panel

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭larrya

Anyone have updates on club managers for next year.

larrya wrote: »
    Anyone have updates on club managers for next year.

P.J. Delaney with The Rower Inistioge. Was with St. Mullins the last two seasons with Jimmy Dunne as his physical trainer. They were excellent. Jimmy is not with him this year though. I'd still expect P.J. to do well. He'll be very well prepared. He's a serious operator. We were sad to see him go.

• Advertisement

P.J. Delaney with The Rower Inistioge. Was with St. Mullins the last two seasons with Jimmy Dunne as his physical trainer. They were excellent. Jimmy is not with him this year though. I'd still expect P.J. to do well. He'll be very well prepared. He's a serious operator. We were sad to see him go.

Good job to get, i went to see the Rower play last year, played a sweeper with 3 intercounty backs already in the original 6, forwards looked limited with 6 playing never mind 5, Kenny was the best of them. Rower supporters were less than impressed with the line

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Nick o Donnell from ballygunner with carrickshock this year. Henry over the shamrocks apparently

Who is over Tullaroan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭larrya

Heard today alright that Henry is Ballyhale manager with Tommy Shefflin as trainer and Richie O Neill from Kilmacow as selector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Henry manager is a huge call. Very interested to see how that goes.

Henry manager is a huge call. Very interested to see how that goes.

Tommy has a lot of experience and will have them fit,there's still the bones of a very good team there,few injuries didn't help them and lads like cha,alan cuddihy emigrating/retiring but lads like joe cuddihy and adrian mullen are improving,if they tighten up their defence and goalie they'll be in the mix,padraig holden,brian cody and patrick mullen missed most of the season.hard to believe it's 3/4 years since they won the final but I think clara are in decline granted they could of won the first day.I think the rower can give it a good go but maybe lacking a killer forward or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Another big win for Kierans in the junior All Ireland, for all their strength over the years I cant remember a time when they had such a constant flow of success, even the brilliant teams they had in the late 90s found it hard to win things with the strength of Dublin Collages, Flannans and others. Combination of a great structure in Kierans and a reduction in the concentration of the best players in one or two schools in other counties I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Good win for kireans and ballyragret.

dubcat51 wrote: »

Ballyragget blessed by all accounts.it would of being some shock fair play to the wicklow champs they lead for most of the 2nd half ballyragget pulled it out of the fire.
    Fair play to kireans good win and might be a indicator to next year's under 17s,I asked this question before but is it new management team?peter o donovan also gone from this year's minor back room team to djs 21s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

dubcat51 wrote: »

Ballyragget blessed by all accounts.it would of being some shock fair play to the wicklow champs they lead for most of the 2nd half ballyragget pulled it out of the fire.
    Fair play to kireans good win and might be a indicator to next year's under 17s,I asked this question before but is it new management team?peter o donovan also gone from this year's minor back room team to djs 21s
    Ballyragget were very lucky. Very dubious decision for the free in injury time. Some other questionable decisions by the ref in favour of Ballyragget during the game. Glenealy can feel aggrieved to not at least draw the game and take it back to Wicklow. That said the equalising point could have been a goal if the ball had been passed inside.

Saw the wicklow team v thomas davis and thought they were poor(should have lost)ballyraggret will need to step up to win it out.hopefully they will as im on at 9/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Glenealy were the better team today and can feel aggrieved about some of the decisions towards the end... Couldn't see ballyragget getting close to kanturk

All on the day.gleneally were 7 down to thomas davis and 2 terrible mistakes let them back in.couldnt belueve they would get to a final.winter hurling leads to alot of upsets.

Excellent performance by Kieran's particularly the backs though Darragh Maher (James' younger brother) at wing forward was the standout hurler on the pitch.

Richie Mulrooney taking over the minors next year though not officially ratified yet. A seriously talented group, could possibly field 15 up to the age.

Richie Mulrooney taking over the minors next year though not officially ratified yet. A seriously talented group, could possibly field 15 up to the age.

They must be good if richies interested.

• Advertisement

citykat wrote: »
    They must be good if richies interested.

😂😂 no flies on Richie! In fairness though he did have them this year and they won the Arrabawn. And talking to a few fathers of lads involved with this years minors with O'Grady, not a lot of it was positive.

Excellent performance by Kieran's particularly the backs though Darragh Maher (James' younger brother) at wing forward was the standout hurler on the pitch.

Yea I heard richie taking them over alright and a good group coming,best of luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

From the bunch of lads I know at this age KK should be able to field the best 2 teams in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Comerman

Ballyragget were lucky alright, Kelly missed a few easy frees and a couple of sidelines were tried to be put over the bar when it would of been better kept in play. The quality of refereeing was very poor, he gave very soft frees to both sides and then let go blatant frees. The free to win the game was a man on man tussle for the ball and both players went to the ground but Bally got the free. Them's the breaks though well done to the Bally boys

dzer2 wrote: »
    From the bunch of lads I know at this age KK should be able to field the best 2 teams in the country.

Wouldn't quiet go that far but I would imagine if we don't win next years Minor All-Ireland there will be a lot of head scratching about the medium term future of Kilkenny hurling.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't quiet go that far but I would imagine if we don't win next years Minor All-Ireland there will be a lot of head scratching about the medium term future of Kilkenny hurling.
    Richie should be a good appointment like dj at 21s although pat o grady done well enough this year he probably let himself down in the semi leaving adrian mullen in the same position for most of the match and while I thought galway were better on the day a small thing could of won it.
    who are the bright prospects for next years?will Ciaran brennan be available?

Richie should be a good appointment like dj at 21s although pat o grady done well enough this year he probably let himself down in the semi leaving adrian mullen in the same position for most of the match and while I thought galway were better on the day a small thing could of won it.
    who are the bright prospects for next years?will Ciaran brennan be available?

Yeah, Ciaran will be our marquee player but his situation could be complicated by his soccer commitments to Waterford utd and Ireland. Then you have the likes of Harry Walsh, Jack Morrissey, Darragh Maher, Conor Kelly, Cathal O'Leary, George Murphy, Eoin Guilfoyle, Jamie Young,Killian Rudkins. Probably forgetting one or two others but what i would say is there's probably a bit of an imbalance in that we will be very strong from midfield up and not the same quality in defence.

Yeah, Ciaran will be our marquee player but his situation could be complicated by his soccer commitments to Waterford utd and Ireland. Then you have the likes of Harry Walsh, Jack Morrissey, Darragh Maher, Conor Kelly, Cathal O'Leary, George Murphy, Eoin Guilfoyle, Jamie Young,Killian Rudkins. Probably forgetting one or two others but what i would say is there's probably a bit of an imbalance in that we will be very strong from midfield up and not the same quality in defence.

Thanks for that,any idea who's involved with richie in the backroom?

Thanks for that,any idea who's involved with richie in the backroom?

Adrian Finnan, Sean Kelly and Martin Carey.

Cian Kenny is one i forgot.

Adrian Finnan, Sean Kelly and Martin Carey.

Cian Kenny is one i forgot.

Who's Sean kelly?

Who's Sean kelly?

He's does the S & C with the Development Squads. I would imagine his input will be on the fitness side of things.

He's does the S & C with the Development Squads. I would imagine his input will be on the fitness side of things.

Thanks,best of luck to all involved.

Who's Sean kelly?

He's a muckalee man. Former player. Knows his hurling. Has served as selector with other underage county managers.

citykat wrote: »
    He's a muckalee man. Former player. Knows his hurling. Has served as selector with other underage county managers.

Yeah I know he was involved with Hoban when they won the Minor in '14.

Coon, not Muckalee....

• Advertisement

As the years draw to a close now with only 2/3 games games left to play there is still a lot of uncertainty regarding next year:

-Is there an u14 competition ?
    -What happens adult club teams between the first 2 matches in April to the remainder September ?
    -When will the club football be played ?
    -When can this u19 competition they propose take place ?
    -When can club teams have their players released ?
    -The Inter County team are doing more this year than ever, training harder than Wexford & Waterford at this stage, how will this leave club players come September next year ?

Interesting year ahead!

U14 still applies to the Feile but county competition is U13/15/17

U14 still applies to the Feile but county competition is U13/15/17

Is there new proposals for regrading players to Junior next year ?

I heard that we have have to name 12 players designated to senior only ?
    Is this true ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

As the years draw to a close now with only 2/3 games games left to play there is still a lot of uncertainty regarding next year:

-What happens adult club teams between the first 2 matches in April to the remainder September ?
    -The Inter County team are doing more this year than ever, training harder than Wexford & Waterford at this stage, how will this leave club players come September next year ?

Interesting year ahead!

I heard over the weekend where Matty Kenny allowed his Cuala players a huge break over the summer months (9 weeks??) and then regrouped for championship knockout. It appears that they are as fresh and as fit as ever. It makes total sense and will be interesting to see whether it takes off here in KK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Interesting year ahead!

I heard over the weekend where Matty Kenny allowed his Cuala players a huge break over the summer months (9 weeks??) and then regrouped for championship knockout. It appears that they are as fresh and as fit as ever. It makes total sense and will be interesting to see whether it takes off here in KK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The Inter County team are doing more this year than ever, training harder than Wexford & Waterford at this stage, how will this leave club players come September next year ?

How do you know they are training harder? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

phkk wrote:

Was an article from Liam mellows manager aswell mentioned giving players 6 weeks off during summer.

Was an article from Liam mellows manager aswell mentioned giving players 6 weeks off during summer.

Which was easily done because there was no club games played in Galway for the best part of 4 months and they can play their county final in December because they don't have to play a provincial championship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

How do you know they are training harder? :confused:
    He has Codys house bugged you had the Watergate affair mark my word the village gate affair is on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Cuala played league right throughout Summer until September. They did have a two month break between April and June, but that was due to county hurlers.

Kenny does seem to be able to get them to peak at right time, although they had a couple of tough games in Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement