Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Bring on larks fogarty mick fennelly if there fit.could see kennedy starting instead of jackie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I wouldn't be rushing larkin back and if there's any doubt over michael fennelly he shouldn't start.some papers are reporting both michael and colin are out and fogarty is back and larkin is returning to training tonight,lennon and paul murphy definitely out.it should be a good match sunday there's never much between the two teams I'd give clare a great chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

brookville wrote: »
    I wouldn't be rushing larkin back and if there's any doubt over michael fennelly he shouldn't start.some papers are reporting both michael and colin are out and fogarty is back and larkin is returning to training tonight,lennon and paul murphy definitely out.it should be a good match sunday there's never much between the two teams I'd give clare a great chance

Be hard to see Larks starting but you never know. Fogarty could link up with Lester Ryan in midfield. Cillian Buckley could play there also.

It's a league semi-final and BC will want to be in the final to give the lads another match as well as winning the league of course.

It'll be interesting to see what the team is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Michael Kavanagh

PáircLife wrote: »
    James Maher injured. Set to be out for 6-8 weeks I hear. Big setback for him as he was going very well.

What is his injury

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think the team will look something like this.
    Murphy
    Prendergast
    Holden
    Tyrrell
    Walsh
    Joyce
    Buckley
    Ryan
    Cody
    Walsh
    Hogan
    Reid
    Blanchfield
    Farrell
    Power

Brian hasn't given Chris Bolger a start so far as I reckon he has to improve his workrate. John Power chased hard the last day so I think Cody will opt for him. I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Kelly in midfield instead of Diarmuid Cody. Our forward line will certainly be lacking in experience

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »
    I think the team will look something like this.
    Murphy
    Prendergast
    Holden
    Tyrrell
    Walsh
    Joyce
    Buckley
    Ryan
    Cody
    Walsh
    Hogan
    Reid
    Blanchfield
    Farrell
    Power

Brian hasn't given Chris Bolger a start so far as I reckon he has to improve his workrate. John Power chased hard the last day so I think Cody will opt for him. I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Kelly in midfield instead of Diarmuid Cody. Our forward line will certainly be lacking in experience

I think Kevin Kelly is too dangerous not to be around the edge of the square. He's sharp and a goal getter and i don't think he'd mix it enough around the middle third to be honest. Just an opinion.

I think Kevin Kelly is too dangerous not to be around the edge of the square. He's sharp and a goal getter and i don't think he'd mix it enough around the middle third to be honest. Just an opinion.

I would agree with you, I was naming the team that I think Cody will pick rather than who I would pick. I think he likes the way JonJo battles for the ball and holds it up. If Kevin Kelly battled the same way, there would be no contest

Can't see how anyone could say John power battles for the ball.be some player if he did.bolger could be next awkward but must be given a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Charlie69

What is his injury

Think he hurt his knee in a farming accident.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Can't see how anyone could say John power battles for the ball.be some player if he did.bolger could be next awkward but must be given a chance.

John Power doesn't normally, he did the last day

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »
    John Power doesn't normally, he did the last day
    If he couldn't do it the last day would he be worth carrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

From the Irish Independent:
    Kilkenny's injury woes show no sign of abating with promising forward James Maher set for a substantial time on the sidelines after breaking his kneecap on Saturday....

... a farming accident means he will struggle to feature again in 2016...

Maher required surgery and the insertion of two screws...

Best of luck to him and fingers crossed he has a speedy recovery.

From the Irish Independent:

Best of luck to him and fingers crossed he has a speedy recovery.

Hope his recovery is good. Not what the lad needs. Best he can do is focus on his recovery.

Other side of the story is that farms are dangerous places!!

Interesting to see if clare man mark tj and Richie. Cussack went on about it when he did the Sunday game.will see if he has influence on tactics Sunday. Expect to see a lot of short puck outs.just like cork of 06.

Interesting to see if clare man mark tj and Richie. Cussack went on about it when he did the Sunday game.will see if he has influence on tactics Sunday. Expect to see a lot of short puck outs.just like cork of 06.

Are you talking 'man marking' as in not being positive but just following TJ and RH everywhere they go around the pitch and sacrifice their own game? They could try it but it'd be hard to do it 100% but Clare may think it's a risk worth taking if they can minimize their influence in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Are you talking 'man marking' as in not being positive but just following TJ and RH everywhere they go around the pitch and sacrifice their own game? They could try it but it'd be hard to do it 100% but Clare may think it's a risk worth taking if they can minimize their influence in the game.

It's such dangerous business because if TJ in particular is left on his own with someone he only needs a few 50/50 balls to go his way to have basically given the lad a roasting. Not to mention that they can just drag their men well out of position (Richie would be a nightmare for this) and open up acres of space for the other forwards to have a bit of craic. I'm picturing Colin Fennelly having a field day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Comerman

Any tips for a first time driver re. parking etc. on Sunday???

Cussack advocated mikey cahill man marking richie in 2014 replay. Can see man markers and a sweeper

Cussack advocated mikey cahill man marking richie in 2014 replay. Can see man markers and a sweeper

The sweeper will be a busy man if two team mates are following the lads around. Would be happy enough with that if Clare tried it on the day. Would even be scope for one of the midfielders to push up at times and put serious pressure on their backs. I'd see us winning comfortably if Clare try and be too clever about TJ and Richie (especially since Richie hasn't been at full tilt or anything like it this league so far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Comerman wrote: »
    Any tips for a first time driver re. parking etc. on Sunday???
    I always park in the LIT campus

• Advertisement

I always park in the LIT campus
    Cheers JJLH, Is that not at the far side of the town? What I mean is wouldn't you still have to drive throughthe town centre? Is there anywhere on th KK side?

We always come in via Lisheen Mine onto the Roscrea road

We always come in via Lisheen Mine onto the Roscrea road
    That is the best way to go straight through Johnstown via Lisheen on to the Roscrea road they are all country roads you come in at that lit campus going that way for years had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭droppingball

The north kilkenny folk sneak in the back door to Thurles, the college campus is very close to the stadium in comparison to walking through the town, can be slow to get out of though.

Looking forward to team announcement tonight, very hard to work out how the starting forwards will line out.

Will there be 30,000 attendance?

Is Ritchie Hogan fit for sunday

It looks like clare will have nearly everyone available,tony kelly,shane o donnell,david mac granted they haven't much hurling done.we'll be definitely missing paul murphy,jackie will probably replace him.the foward selection will be intresting.I'd expect walter,tj,colin,richie,farrell,power

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

It looks like clare will have nearly everyone available,tony kelly,shane o donnell,david mac granted they haven't much hurling done.

Davy McInerney, Shane O'Donnell, Peter Duggan definitely out. Connor Ryan 'extremely doubtful'. Would have liked to see a full Clare team play Sunday. Tony Kelly will be a huge boost though and I'm expecting a big performance from Clare, they'll be out to prove they're still contenders for Liam!!

That is the best way to go straight through Johnstown via Lisheen on to the Roscrea road they are all country roads you come in at that lit campus going that way for years had no problems.
    Cheers Lads, roll on Sunday.

It looks like clare will have nearly everyone available,tony kelly,shane o donnell,david mac granted they haven't much hurling done.

Where are you reading that?

According to the today's Irish Examiner:
    Clare have been hit by a double body blow ahead of Sunday’s Division 1 semi-final against Kilkenny as Shane O’Donnell and David McInerney have been ruled out.

The pair, who missed out on the quarter-final win over Tipperary because of foot and back injuries respectively, will not be involved after scans determined they’re not ready to return to action. O’Donnell completed half a training session on Tuesday but will not be risked now.

• Advertisement

Where are you reading that?

According to the today's Irish Examiner:

Yea sorry it was on the paper midweek so things have obviously changed.I've heard richie hogan is having back trouble and is unlikely to feature sunday

Yea sorry it was on the paper midweek so things have obviously changed.I've heard richie hogan is having back trouble and is unlikely to feature sunday
    Is that not a major problem with Ritchie since the start of the year it does not seem to be getting better .

Is that not a major problem with Ritchie since the start of the year it does not seem to be getting better .

Yea he seems to be in trouble with his back,this time last year he was carrying the team like tj is now

It stretches back to the before the AI final last year, he seemed to be rolling around on his back before the match to try and warm it up. I saw him doing it before a club match subsequently. I had heard he was a doubt before the match. It is definitely a big concern

Yea he seems to be in trouble with his back,this time last year he was carrying the team like tj is now

He hasn't looked right this year. Big blow if he's not playing but getting him right for the summer is more important.

We probably have Colin, T.J. Walter and others from John Jo, John Power, Kevin Kelly, Eoin Larkin and Blanchfield.

Any word on Mick F? Team will be announced tonight i presume?

There was 2 reports on Hogan Stand saying Mc Ilnerney, O'Donnell and Kelly were going to make it and then another one saying they weren't going to make it.

Conflicting reports but that's the way it is i suppose.

Clare will be gunning for us - looking to make a statement and wanting to reach the final. I don't think there is any pressure on them and we'll see what Cusack's influence/input is in this game. He'll have had time to work on something but we still have the players and spirit to prevail.

Great opportunity, once again, for players to push for a starting place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Team v Clare

E Murphy
    J Tyrrell, J Holden, S Prendergast
    P Walsh, K Joyce, C O'Shea
    L Ryan, C Buckley
    W Walsh, TJ Reid, K Kelly
    J Power, JJ Farrell, R Hogan
    Subs
    R Reid
    B Kennedy
    C Delaney
    J Lyng
    C Martin
    M Malone
    M Rice
    C Bolger
    L Blanchfield
    A Murphy

As good a team as we can put out at the minute by the looks of it. I'd still be fairly happy they can do damage.
    Missing
    C Fennelly
    M Fennelly
    C Fogarty
    R Lennon
    E Larkin
    P Murphy
    J Maher
    G Aylward

Murphy 2 fennelly fogarty and larks all starters not playing.really good game to see if the panel has been strengthened.

Team v Clare

E Murphy
    L Ryan, C Buckley
    Subs
    R Reid
    B Kennedy
    C Delaney
    J Lyng
    C Martin
    M Malone
    M Rice
    C Bolger
    L Blanchfield
    A Murphy

As good a team as we can put out at the minute by the looks of it. I'd still be fairly happy they can do damage.
    Missing
    C Fennelly
    M Fennelly
    C Fogarty
    R Lennon
    E Larkin
    P Murphy
    J Maher
    G Aylward

Yeah, I agree. A strong team that we can put out at the minute. Good strong half back line and strong midfield. Will give us a good platform.

Hopefully Richie will start and play a free role. JJ as a target man with KK picking up breaks in the ff line. Good options in that forward line to rotate and mix things up a bit.

I wonder why there is no No. 19 on the KK website??

Would have liked to see o shea in midfield and Buckley back at wing back.hope bolger or blanch field get a run on Sunday. Any word on clare team.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I wonder why there is no No. 19 on the KK website??
    There are 2 number 15s - happily Rice is back in the frame.

• Advertisement

Team v Clare

E Murphy
    L Ryan, C Buckley
    Subs
    R Reid
    B Kennedy
    C Delaney
    J Lyng
    C Martin
    M Malone
    M Rice
    C Bolger
    L Blanchfield
    A Murphy

Missing
    C Fennelly
    M Fennelly
    C Fogarty
    R Lennon
    E Larkin
    P Murphy
    J Maher
    G Aylward

I think we may struggle on Sunday but would be happy enough if some of the newcomers put their hand up for later in the year

Jesus that's a weak team in my opinion. Full back line is there to be cleaned out. Don't know what people saw in O' Shea the last day that makes them think he could cut it at midfield. He's like an arctic turning - if you're playing him it's absolutely the correct decision to have Buckley at midfield. Don't expect Lester or him to venture too far up the field.

If Clare can't beat us Sunday then they may forget about it for the rest of the year.

And despite all that I still expect us to win.

No word on Clare team yet. I thought it had to be named the day before at least?

No word on Clare team yet. I thought it had to be named the day before at least?

Different rules for Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

The 26 is supposed to be supplied for the programme on Thursday. You have to name your team 20 minutes before throw in as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Leinster MFC: Wexford 17-20 Kilkenny 0-00

That really is a disgraceful scoreline.

I know a simple and elegant solution.

It's a dark, dark day for KK gaa :(

Jesus. Saw it flash up on RTE News Now. Went online to double check. Should this game have even been allowed to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Feel for the players that went out to play today and the management team. Croke Park & KK County Board have a lot to answer for. The GAA do a lot right, but a system that permits this, and Wicklow Minor hurlers recent defeat to Meath, is plainly just wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement