Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Village87 wrote: »
    The lads should be left alone to play Fitzgibbon for the college, there is 60 lads on the panel, surely they can field a strong team without them. Issues like this cause burn out and injury

Well that's a whole other debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

BORO BILL wrote: »
    I doubt if conor delaney or john donnelly will be on the panel this weekend as DCU are playing on monday.It will be interesting to see the full back line on saturday.It is the line that gives me the biggest concerns for the year ahead.

The reason the game was switched from Sunday to Saturday was because of the Fitzgibbon so I very much doubt BC will be leaving off Delaney and Donnelly because of their college commitments on Monday and ditto Richie Leahy and Jason Cleere who will be involved with Carlow IT on Sunday. Though Cleere hasn't appeared in any of the 3 matches so far,does anyone know if he's injured?
    Nearly certain cleere got a operation for his hip

brookville wrote: »
    Nearly certain cleere got a operation for his hip

Carlow IT getting value for money there for a guy they have on a scholarship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

First league game away to Cork Saturday week is live on Eir Sport 1, only Kilkenny game will be shown by Eir

Deferred coverage on TG4 of both 2nd & 3rd round fixtures Sunday February 4th home to Clare & Sunday February 18th away to Waterford, TG4 have not decided what games will be shown after 3rd round yet

robwen wrote: »
    First league game away to Cork Saturday week is live on Eir Sport 1, only Kilkenny game will be shown by Eir

Deferred coverage on TG4 of both 2nd & 3rd round fixtures Sunday February 4th home to Clare & Sunday February 18th away to Waterford, TG4 have not decided what games will be shown after 3rd round yet

Id say they'll show the tipp match live as well when it's on.
    Does anyone know are they announcing a team tonight?

Id say they'll show the tipp match live as well when it's on.
    Does anyone know are they announcing a team tonight?

Doubt it very much. When you get the programme tomorrow and even then probably best to have a pen at the ready for the changes.

Tomorrow is the last run out before the league commences.With fitzgibbon matches coming thick and fast the younger panel members will see plenty of action.Hopefully we can iron out the frailties that seem to be in the full back line because you'd expect them to be exposed in the next week if not.
    It's expected wally and tj are returning to offer more strength up front and get gametime
    Team I'd like to see
    Brennan
    Delaney,alyward deegan
    Walsh,buckley,browne
    Maher,fogarty
    Leahy,richie reid,wally
    Donnelly,tj,bolger
    If tom alyward is still injured id try delaney at 3 with bergin corner back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Yep Jason Cleere had a hip operation back in November I think he won't be back until April. Tom Aylward has a dead leg apparently so unlikely to see him out today but should be ready soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Yep Jason Cleere had a hip operation back in November I think he won't be back until April. Tom Aylward has a dead leg apparently so unlikely to see him out today but should be ready soon.

Any team news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Any team news?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Program is

Murphy

Holden
    P Walsh
    Deegen

Morrissey
    O Shea
    Buckley

C Fogarty
    O Walsh

Keoghan
    R Reid
    P lyng

A Murphy
    W walsh
    C Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Bench
    Darren Brennan
    Evan Cody
    Ryan bergin
    Tommy Walsh
    Lester
    James maher
    Bill sheehan
    Get Malone
    John Walsh
    Bolger
    TJ

That's the programme anyway

Murphy
    Joey,walsh,deegan
    Enda morrisey,shea,Buckley
    Oillie,fogarty
    Mossy,richie,lyng
    Murphy,wally,martin

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Is the game being televised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Comerman

Is the game being televised?

KCLR aren't even covering it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Score after 21 mins
    kk 1.10 - 0.05 wex
    Are wex playing with a sweeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭blackwave

Comerman wrote: »
    KCLR aren't even covering it

It's on South East radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Score after 21 mins
    kk 1.10 - 0.05 wex
    Are wex playing with a sweeper?

Yes, Wexford's nine is between the full back and half back line.

Wexford coming back into it as the half progressed. 1-13 v 0-11 half time.

I'm listening to it on kclr

I'm at it but I have a Wexford radio station commentary because KCLR have the Bennetsbridge match on one wavelength and Leinster on the other.

• Advertisement

FCIM wrote:
    Yes, Wexford's nine is between the full back and half back line.

Strange decision seeing as KK conceded the 3 goals last week

Decent performance in second half by 14 man Kilkenny (Richie Reid sent off for second yellow and Cody sent to the stand too in the aftermath).

Referee (is it Barry Kelly?) making an utter hames of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Absolute thuggery by Kilkenny here today what I've seen is a disgrace so far.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Absolute thuggery by Kilkenny here today what I've seen is a disgrace so far.

Are you for real? Lee Chin wore his hurl off a Kilkenny player and got a yellow card for it.

1-21 v 1-21 at full time. Extra time. Kilkenny back up to 15 men so only the one less than Wexford then...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Level 1-21 to 1-22. Extra time. Would be disappointed to lose to Wexford for a third time in a row

FCIM wrote: »
    Are you for real? Lee Chin wore his hurl off a Kilkenny player and got a yellow card for it.

1-21 v 1-21 at full time. Extra time. Kilkenny back up to 15 men so only the one less than Wexford then...

The video shows otherwise, and Cody sent to the stands, the most cynical team to play the game expose themselves early this year.

Doltanian wrote:
    The video shows otherwise, and Cody sent to the stands, the most cynical team to play the game expose themselves early this year.

Video?

artworks-000254919542-6kdx39-t500x500.jpg

Video?

Its all over social media already. If right was right then Kilkenny would be missing several talismen for the rest of the year, it was like something out of ancient sparta.

• Advertisement

KK 1-22 v WX 1-23 at half time in extra time. Both sides look sluggish now, not surprising given the time of year and the weather.

Its all over social media already. If right was right then Kilkenny would be missing several talismen for the rest of the year, it was like something out of ancient sparta.

Your entry for the Man Booker prize 2018 has been received lol.

Doltanian wrote:

So why did poor Lee get the yellow?

So why did poor Lee get the yellow?

Cos Cody the bogeyman said boo :rolleyes:.

History being made with the first ever free taking competition to finish a hurling match. 1-24 v 1-24 at the end of extra time. Fairness to both teams, given the time of year and weather it was an entertaining match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

FCIM wrote: »
    History being made with the first ever free taking competition to finish a hurling match. 1-24 v 1-24 at the end of extra time. Fairness to both teams, given the time of year and weather it was an entertaining match.

Should be no free like this without Hawkeye technology.

Wexford win 3-2 on frees. Some woeful shots by both.

Should be no free like this without Hawkeye technology.

It's only the Walsh Cup. I'd agree with you if it was a competition with any level of gravity.

Go suck in that lemon now boy!

Lol... I'll have whatever you're drinking. Now go celebrate that Walsh Cup win like you're after winning the All Ireland like a good man now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Another loss to Wexford. How times are changing

Game is on YouTube if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

It was on live on YouTube. I just caught 2nd period of extra time and shoot out. I'm not sure if it can be watched back.

A late free for KK drew it after Conor Mc Donald put Wexford ahead with 1min left. Shoot out is a lottery. Wexford missed their first 2 but then won.

3 losses to Wexford in a row - only Walsh Cup but still a good workout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seeing as how blatant trolling is now apparently fine on this thread (as evidenced by rebelside being allowed free rein the last week), I presume they've also suspended the rules about accusing people of trolling as well. With that in mind, fcuk off Doltanian you sad troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Always annoying to lose to your neighbours but wouldnt be that bothered about the result, we all forgot that we won the 2017 Walsh cup by the end of the year, interesting things to come out of it were Lester Ryan being on the panel despite reports that he had dropped himself off it and Cody not bringing on TJ even in such a tight game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

How did they respond to the sweeper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Cody not bringing on TJ even in such a tight game.

TJ wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The sensation

Tj not togged. Also can you mute people on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Topcat32

citykat wrote: »
    TJ wasn't there.

I guess that explains that then, he was listed on the program.

What was Reid sent off for?despite losing on frees and considering the team out you'd have to pleased with some of the lads.Joey was excellent apart from the goal.mossy tried hard wally got better as it went on.
    We slipped after the sending off but showed good character to keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

What was Reid sent off for?

Pulling the helmet off Hanlon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement