Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭davidx40

Anyone know who is trainer selectors for DCU in fitzgibbon cup .....see davy had some nice words for who ever they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

davidx40 wrote: »
    Anyone know who is trainer selectors for DCU in fitzgibbon cup .....see davy had some nice words for who ever they are

Eoin Roche is over them, not sure who else is in the backroom team.

Village87 wrote: »
    Nash obviously mad to play Corks first official game in there new stadium. I would do the same as him

Jaysus he's going to play the football as well, that's taking the pi*s altogether :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

davidx40 wrote: »
    Heard the story was he ran the bollocks off the Wexford lads after our match and some of them were on the dcu team due to play against Davy's lads a couple of days later. Sneaky **** if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Village87 wrote: »
    Nash obviously mad to play Corks first official game in there new stadium. I would do the same as him

Do you dream about playing at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Interesting that some managers pulled a few of their players during the week for college.the likes of leahy and blanchfield would of being a help in attack.It's going to be interesting to see what the team is.I'd love to see Walsh back at 5.
    Cork have some lethal forwards this will be a good test for the full back line.

Tom Phelan of Conahy hurled well for UCD during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Kilkenny v Cork
    E Murphy
    J Holden P Walsh P Deegan
    C O Shea J Lyng C Buckley
    C Fogarty O Walsh
    M Keoghan R Reid P Lyng
    A Murphy W Walsh C Martin
    Subs
    D Brennan
    E Morrissey
    C Delaney
    C Browne
    T Walsh
    L Ryan
    J Maher
    J Donnelly
    TJ Reid
    L Blanchfield
    B Sheehan

Other than the Bench the only change I can see from last week is Joe Lyng CB and E Morrissey losses out to the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Shocked at no bolger scored in the first match then conducted himself well against 3 defenders last time out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Backs look solid enough, forward line a bit lacking in experience but nice to see the new names in there getting a chance...

Would expect Cork to win the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Hating Padraig Walsh at full back again he's wasted there hopefully it's not the plan for the rest of the year

The best of luck to the team Saturday in Cork fought well last Saturday a lot of positives its going to take time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Hopefully I'm wrong but hard to know where the scores from play will come from up top. Big role for the experienced lads in the team. Hopefully the new lads step up to the plate. A 1pt V Cork, like the last visit to Cork would be super. Good luck to all involved.

robwen wrote: »
    Hating Padraig Walsh at full back again he's wasted there hopefully it's not the plan for the rest of the year
    Yeah it's worrying now that they're doing this two weeks in a row, looking like a pattern where they'll persist with something that didn't work last year. I'd rather they tried and failed with someone new than persist with Walsh there in a position that doesn't suit him and takes him away from where he can make a difference. Although he did move around a bit last day, they need to try something new. Its been the biggest weakness on the team the last couple of years, and persisting with ideas that aren't working has been the other big problem. I know it's early days but it's not a good sign imo

I think the problem is he doesn't trust delaney or anyone else yet for the number 3.I'd much prefer to see someone else and if it doesn't work it doesn't work.
    With the team doing well last week they deserve another run out.
    The backs and mf look ok most have experience and probaly not far from the 9 we'll see during the summer.
    As mentioned above I fear we mightnt trouble the score board enough but I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah it's worrying now that they're doing this two weeks in a row, looking like a pattern where they'll persist with something that didn't work last year. I'd rather they tried and failed with someone new than persist with Walsh there in a position that doesn't suit him and takes him away from where he can make a difference. Although he did move around a bit last day, they need to try something new. Its been the biggest weakness on the team the last couple of years, and persisting with ideas that aren't working has been the other big problem. I know it's early days but it's not a good sign imo

It seems he is going to persist with him at full back its hard to see the logic as you said at least try somebody else if that fails go back to the old option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Who will be the freetaker with TJ missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Who will be the freetaker with TJ missing?

Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Why isn't TJ starting? Will he be back for the next game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 BORO BILL

Heard Ollie Walsh won’t play tonight as he is sick and James Maher comes in instead

I would of thought lester would get the nod but it's no harm to give maher a run...this league is going to be used to build a panel for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

J I'm so glad kk don't really play football ... this drivel is hard to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Offaly have played really well from what I've seen this evening. Some brilliant defending in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Tommy looks pumped!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Decent start by KK....pitch is in a shocking state

• Advertisement

Doing well especially conceding the early goal only thing that worries me is how slow the backs are seem to be second to the ball also

New ground. Same ****e pitch.

Wallys going well. Central to it all.

citykat wrote: »
    Wallys going well. Central to it all.
    Should have had a penalty earlier

I think maher has started well, for saying Cork are the more experienced and strong favourites I think kilkenny have competed well

• Advertisement

Happy enough with that. Backs a bit loose but in fairness that Cork forward line is rapid. Work rate very good.

After a slow start Maher has hurled the ears off Fitzgibbon in the middle.

Hopefully we can keep it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Great first half. Workrate was excellent in middle third. Good range of scores from play. All to play for in 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kkman00

Conor o Shea has been shocking. Very awkward looking in possession

This has been very promising. Wally is causing havoc. Keoghan looked good in places (no more frees though, please!). Backs have been a bit in and out, loose as JJ said above. But Buckley has been great going forward and setting up scoring situations. Some dodgy shooting.

Tommy Walsh doing sideline commentary is savage craic, the enthusiasm he had for the game and the honesty and lack of cynicism is infectious. Yes a great ambassador for the sport

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

citykat wrote: »
    New ground. Same ****e pitch.
    Decent start by KK....pitch is in a shocking state

Thats what happens when you have a football team, Cork footballers were defeated earlier on this evening by Tipperary, the Hurling should have been played first. If fairness to London they have a football team competing in Division 4 of the football league and their Hurlers are in Div2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Doltanian wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you have a football team, Cork footballers were defeated earlier on this evening by Tipperary, the Hurling should have been played first. If fairness to London they have a football team competing in Division 4 of the football league and their Hurlers are in Div2.

They have a population of 9,000,000 to our 90,000!

Well from what I seen earlier Michael quinliven dismantled Cork on his own so I wouldn't brag about football

Thats what happens when you have a football team, .
    I agree with you Dolt. They should get rid of football, it's just damaging pitches. Glad we can agree on that Dolt, you're not nearly as irritating as I thought you were at first.

An unbelievable score.

Full back. Jesus.

If Tommy Walsh isnt on drugs tis all a matter :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I have a new favourite GAA pundit = Tommy Walsh

Hope Buckley is OK doesn't look good

Hopefully this is just precautionary.. Took a fair knock

Cork the better side in the second half in fairness. Be more concerned about Buckley than the result to be honest

Garyp88 wrote: »
    Hope Buckley is OK doesn't look good

Big loss when he went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Pat Lyng is solid stone useless, he shouldn't be within an asses roar of that Kilkenny team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Surely its time for Cody to go?

Bucks injury killed all our momentum after getting the 3 points before it. Hopefully he'll be OK. Some of the decision making by Walter in particular was infuriating.

Deegan very very loose at the back at times. Really needs to tighten up.

Effort good. Some positives. Better performance than I expected in fairness.

Come on lad you can do better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

You are a sad little man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement