Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Village87

Plays well for his club at senior level.
    Playing well at Fitzgibbon, his team in the Semi final.
    Captain the Kilkenny intermediate team last year
    Kilkenny have 60 on the panel and severely lack good backs with pace.

Why not try him

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Just reading on the 42 about the game between dit and ucd, Said James maher was impressive, Liam blanchfield scored a brilliant point and luke scanlon got a run out and a point hopefully some lads coming back and hopefully find a bit of form. Agree with the above comment especially if he has pace and can tackle. Got to be worth a try even in the league can't be worse than the no pace we currently have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Good to see scanlon back after injury.James maher has being going well and regaining form from a few years ago.
    Ul look serious on paper cw will very well to contain them.I know brian troy was replaced but it's fair going to be making that team I remember him a few years ago under 21 he wasn't to bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Garyp88 wrote: »
    Just reading on the 42 about the game between dit and ucd, Said James maher was impressive, Liam blanchfield scored a brilliant point and luke scanlon got a run out and a point hopefully some lads coming back and hopefully find a bit of form. Agree with the above comment especially if he has pace and can tackle. Got to be worth a try even in the league can't be worse than the no pace we currently have

Wouldn't mind the 42.ie too much.
    Happened to be in Dublin working and popped over to belfield to watch the game. James Maher was extremely poor, very loose, doesn't tackle or have a real desire in around tight area's or rucks to win hard or dirty ball and got subbed off. Liam Blanchfield was terrible in the forwards. He was so bad they took him out of the full forward line and put him back wing back....!! DJ Foran scored a few points off him and caught two balls over his head.

Rob Lennon was solid enough without being spectacular until midway through 2nd half went down with what looked like a bag leg injury and had to come off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Was it Niall Walsh from Windgap that came in for Blanchfield, heard Tom Phelan from Conahy was full forward for UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Cat laughs

Just back from Dublin now. Cold night for hurling. Thought Blanchfield worked hard and was very good when went back to half back, cleared a load of ball and dominated his area and scored a great point when at half forward. James maher was quiet enough scored a good point in the first half! Good to see scanlon back and getting game time, looked lively when came on. Tom Phelan was in and out of it made one or two good runs and won a few frees, he's very fast when off the mark and will be extremely dangerous for conahy this year

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind the 42.ie too much.
    Happened to be in Dublin working and popped over to belfield to watch the game. James Maher was extremely poor, very loose, doesn't tackle or have a real desire in around tight area's or rucks to win hard or dirty ball and got subbed off. Liam Blanchfield was terrible in the forwards. He was so bad they took him out of the full forward line and put him back wing back....!! DJ Foran scored a few points off him and caught two balls over his head.

Rob Lennon was solid enough without being spectacular until midway through 2nd half went down with what looked like a bag leg injury and had to come off.
    Cat laughs wrote: »
    Just back from Dublin now. Cold night for hurling. Thought Blanchfield worked hard and was very good when went back to half back, cleared a load of ball and dominated his area and scored a great point when at half forward. James maher was quiet enough scored a good point in the first half! Good to see scanlon back and getting game time, looked lively when came on. Tom Phelan was in and out of it made one or two good runs and won a few frees, he's very fast when off the mark and will be extremely dangerous for conahy this year

You two boys must have been at different matches?!:D

I heard Lennon was poor myself. Big year for him and it is not going well, similar with James Maher too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

You two boys must have been at different matches?!:D

Only in GAA will you hear two completely different reports of player performances :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

After his debut v tipp and his subsequent injury I cant see maher a top 20 player for kk.same for conor martin paddy deegan and a few others.we need to give newer faster players a go at senior.you dont have to be a hare to play corner back for example(but you cant be turned like paddy deegan was v cork)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

dubcat51 wrote: »
    After his debut v tipp and his subsequent injury I cant see maher a top 20 player for kk.same for conor martin paddy deegan and a few others.we need to give newer faster players a go at senior.you dont have to be a hare to play corner back for example(but you cant be turned like paddy deegan was v cork)

I can remember Jackie Tyrrrel getting a roasting in the League final in '05 against Clare, the following year he struggled badly on Rory Jacob in the Leinster final and as a result lost his place for the All Ireland quarter final against Galway. He went on to win 9 All Ireland medals and is recognised as one of the greatest corner backs of his generation.

Paddy Deegan is the same age now that Jackie was in '05 similiar to Jackie Paddy Deegan has played all his underage and club career up to this point as a half back or at midfield and he is learning to play a position that i would guess he has never played in his life. While i am not predicting Paddy will be the next Jackie Tyrrell my point is he should be given time.

Village87 wrote: »
    I heard Lennon was poor myself. Big year for him and it is not going well, similar with James Maher too

Two matches a week for the last few weeks I wonder do some people think before they talk. Willie Mullins or shark Hanlons horses wouldn't be dogged like the way these gaa players are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

PeterCasey wrote: »

Two matches a week for the last few weeks I wonder do some people think before they talk. Willie Mullins or shark Hanlons horses wouldn't be dogged like the way these gaa players are.

Yeah, crazy that these comps are all on together with lads playing 2/3 games a week on a heavy pitch.

Again the fixtures calendar is the big problem in the GAA.

while i agree its madness expecting lads to play 2 matches in a week (it didnt stop leahy scoring 3 points for cw the other night) but lennon has struggled at this level,very bad on his feet.enda morrisey looks a better prospect.
    it'll be intresting to see what kinda team he puts out next week,wont be the place for silky hurling anyway.
    although we havent being getting wins id be happy enough with the way things are going.mossy and leahy have being good and infairness to pat lyng his a great worker he mightnt be the most skillfull but not afraid to get stuck in.james maher has had his moments and richie reid was good up to last sunday.Im still suprised reid wasnt tried half back especially considering how we're lacking in that department.conor delaney will see some league action after dcu finish up.if we could get 4 or five lads to strenghten the squad id be happy enough
    it looks like fogarty and tj will be back the next day wally has being excellent but he needs another experienced player with him

True. The break will do all teams no harm. Give them time to regroup and be ready for the next 3 games. Fitzgibbon players will still be under pressure.

Big game V Waterford. It'll be a tough battle. As you say, Fogarty and T.J. should be back which will add experience. Overall I'm haapy enough with the 2 games so far. Although 2 defeats, the lads were in the game to the last 5mins especially after poor enough starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

The trip to Walsh park next Sunday is crucial for both teams in relation to the league. I know the general consensus may well be the blooding of new players at the expense of 1a status but what's as important is to start winning matches. The habit of winning, which we have lost btw is fundamental for any teams confidence.
    We need to try to get 2 points v Waterford.
    I know the handicap of having many involved with Fitzgibbon doesn't help but it's the same for most teams.
    People might say some guys are going to get their chance when their respective college games are over but some are getting game time so we need to start Conor Delaney to see how he copes.

Murphy
    Joey
    Padraig
    Delaney
    Conor fogarty
    Buckley
    Enda Morrissey
    Lester Ryan
    James maher
    Martin Meghan
    Tj Reid
    Richie Leahy
    Bill Sheehan
    Walter Walsh
    Alan Murphy

Ryan Bergin
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor o shea
    Paddy Deegan
    Kevin kelly
    Richie Reid
    John Donnelly
    Ollie walsh
    Pat lyng
    Joe lyng
    Conor Martin

When are the semi finals of the fitzgibbon?you'd expect us to be without delaney,leahy,blanchfield,donnelly next weekend if that's on next week.

Conor Delaney, Liam blanchfield, John Donnelly and Richie Leahy still involved at semi final stage but you would still expect some involvement next weekend v waterford

The trip to Walsh park next Sunday is crucial for both teams in relation to the league. I know the general consensus may well be the blooding of new players at the expense of 1a status but what's as important is to start winning matches. The habit of winning, which we have lost btw is fundamental for any teams confidence.
    We need to try to get 2 points v Waterford.
    I know the handicap of having many involved with Fitzgibbon doesn't help but it's the same for most teams.
    People might say some guys are going to get their chance when their respective college games are over but some are getting game time so we need to start Conor Delaney to see how he copes.

Murphy
    Joey
    Padraig
    Delaney
    Conor fogarty
    Buckley
    Enda Morrissey
    Lester Ryan
    James maher
    Martin Meghan
    Tj Reid
    Richie Leahy
    Bill Sheehan
    Walter Walsh
    Alan Murphy

Ryan Bergin
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor o shea
    Paddy Deegan
    Kevin kelly
    Richie Reid
    John Donnelly
    Ollie walsh
    Pat lyng
    Joe lyng
    Conor Martin

Would you think Lester Ryan would get a call up now when his expierence was badly needed the last couple of matches it was ignored, is Kevin Kelly fit when he is named among the subs.

Would you think Lester Ryan would get a call up now when his expierence was badly needed the last couple of matches it was ignored, is Kevin Kelly fit when he is named among the subs.

Team and subs above only what I would hope would start v Waterford.
    I think Lester deserves to get back in there in the middle. He deserves to be there for all that he can give us. If Kelly is fit then absolutely I would have him in the full forward line.

• Advertisement

Kevin had very little hurling done before last weekend he'll probably be given time to get over his injury and get up to speed. We might see a one or two ballyragget lad's added to the panel.
    I wonder will cody stick to experimenting or will he use tj and fogarty who are expected to be back,lester has being a strange ommission but his trying to blood new players.I'd like to see a few changes in defence but wally definitely needs a bit more help up front.

brookville wrote: »
    When are the semi finals of the fitzgibbon?you'd expect us to be without delaney,leahy,blanchfield,donnelly next weekend if that's on next week.

Tuesday evening...weather permitting. Carlow IT game at Waterford IT. No venue for the other game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Of the team that started against Clare the last day, there were 5 players that started the AI in 2015. 11 of that 2015 starting team should be available to KK later this year along with 4 substitutes from that match so it is not experience that we are missing, more injury, loss of form and Lebannon. What is dissapointing is that no newcomer has nailed down a starting spot in the last two years.

blackcard wrote: »
    Of the team that started against Clare the last day, there were 5 players that started the AI in 2015. 11 of that 2015 starting team should be available to KK later this year along with 4 substitutes from that match so it is not experience that we are missing, more injury, loss of form and Lebannon. What is dissapointing is that no newcomer has nailed down a starting spot in the last two years.

You are correct to a certain extent but some lads have been unlucky.

Ger aylward. Very unlucky with the knee. Hasn't regained form or mobility from injury.
    James Maher. Similar to get but getting there. Was excellent during league two years ago.
    Pat lyng. Taken out of it v Waterford last year and took a long time to come back.

Guys like Martin keoghan and Bill Sheehan are taking it on.
    Richie Leahy will make it.
    Other guys like luke Scanlon, cleere, delaney, morrissey and more just need a bit of a run in the team.

Hopefully kevin kelly can bring his good club form last year into this year and nail down a permanent spot when he gets over his injury.
    I've being impressed with the young lads for being very competitive.mossy,Lyng,leahy,Murphy have being very decent.I also think sheehan could be very good in a few years the only beg

Hopefully kevin kelly can bring his good club form last year into this year and nail down a permanent spot when he gets over his injury.
    I've being impressed with the young lads for being very competitive.mossy,Lyng,leahy,Murphy have being very decent.I also think sheehan could be very good in a few years.cody has being changing 5-9 but we struggled in these areas especially the last day along with 2 and 4.

I've being impressed with the young lads for being very competitive.mossy,Lyng,leahy,Murphy have being very decent.I also think sheehan could be very good in a few years.cody has being changing 5-9 but we struggled in these areas especially the last day along with 2 and 4.

What is the extent of Kelly's injury?

What is the extent or nature of Kelly's injury?

What is the extent or nature of Kelly's injury?
    I'm not certain but it happened in the narrow Leinster final win an i think by playing on he made it worse and done very little hurling for the final.
    Best of luck to dj tonight against a star studded ul side

• Advertisement

See John donnelly got 0-4 and played well also so did conner delaney. Given how we are at the back county wise I'd like to see some of the lads like enda morrissey, delaney and darragh mullen get a few games. What do we have to lose better to try and fail than not bother and stick with the defence we have

It's a shame darren mullen isn't in the county certainly as good as some that are being trialed.Delaney going well by all accounts it's only a matter of time before he makes his debut.blanchfield playing wing back which is surprising given he played all his hurling in attack I know he was moved the last day but I doubt that will do his confidence any good.
    Great to see donnelly hurling well and a lovely flick to make the goal.

I like the look of mullen especially in the tackle and has pace. We don't need 6 pacey backs maybe 2 or 3 to cover. The problem we have is the majority are slow and up against forwards like Cork that are pacey and roaming slow defenders struggle. Just a bit of pace and we would be OK even bergin must be considered

It's a shame darren mullen isn't in the county certainly as good as some that are being trialed.Delaney going well by all accounts it's only a matter of time before he makes his debut.blanchfield playing wing back which is surprising given he played all his hurling in attack I know he was moved the last day but I doubt that will do his confidence any good.

I went in to see it. DCU got an early goal and were 3pts up at half time. They scored about 5pts in a row just after half time to finish the game. John Donnelly was decent alright. Floated about and picked up some decent scores. Touch and control was good. Mullen was tidy in the backs - sharp and good skill. Delaney was ok without being spectacular. Blanchfield played most of game in half back and did ok. DCU have a lot of county men!

I went in to see it. DCU got an early goal and were 3pts up at half time. They scored about 5pts in a row just after half time to finish the game. John Donnelly was decent alright. Floated about and picked up some decent scores. Touch and control was good. Mullen was tidy in the backs - sharp and good skill. Delaney was ok without being spectacular. Blanchfield played most of game in half back and did ok. DCU have a lot of county men!
    Ul should be favourites for the final it'll be a good test for delaney and mullen against lads like forde and john mcgrath.
    What are lads thoughts for Sunday?Waterford will want to get a result against us at home although they don't seem as interested in the league they've won the last few meetings.
    Hopefully tj and fogarty are back.I'd like to see lester getting a run.mossy also deserves a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kkman00

Team I'd like to see against Waterford

Murphy

Holden
    Delaney
    Deegan

Walsh
    Buckley
    Morrissey

Fogarty
    Lester

Keoghan
    TJ
    Leahy

Murphy
    Wally
    Donnelly

Although I don't think deegan is a corner back he could improve with consistent minutes there. Enda morrisey is worth the start after some decent games off the bench. Keoghan and Donnelly could be the two next Young lads to really break through and cement their spot on the team

• Advertisement

I think we have to try new players isn't that what the leagues about. I know we are missing a few lads and all teams get injuries but if this is the best we have it's worrying if you don't play young lads talent will not get noticed

Infairness to cody his given a lot of lads gametime,I'd like to see a couple of the men from vegas given a run,its a pity tom aylward has being injured.he mightnt consider delaney or donnelly with fitzgibbon next week.I would of liked to have seen richie reid tried half back but he was decent up to the clare match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

I’d agree that in fairness to Cody he has tried a good few lads between the Walsh cup and first few league games. Richie Reid looked good in the Walsh cup but I was disappointed with him against Clare didn’t work hard enough compared to the other new lads in the team. The team is like to see for the weekend would be:

Murphy
    Joey
    Tom Awlyard
    Tommy Walsh
    Padraig
    Conor Delaney
    Buckley
    Fogarty
    Leahy
    Mossy Keoghan
    Wally
    Richie Reid
    Bill Sheehan
    TJ
    Ger Awlyard

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Wouldn't be surprised if Darren Brennan started Sunday to give him some experience

minty81 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Darren Brennan started Sunday to give him some experience

Whatever about Darren Brennan starting I did hear ger aylward might be in line to come in.
    I would hope he has put his injuries behind him.
    He definitely came back too early from his injuries and wasn't good last year but from all accounts he has been doing some serious work the past 2 months. If he does start or come in hopefully he will add some guile to the forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

This is from the Kilkenny People.

Kilkenny GAA blueprint: Development Squads system and approach to coaching to change
    Feb 2018
    Kilkenny GAA blueprint: Development Squads system and approach to coaching to change
    A new approach to development squads, plus a refocus on the coaching of young players in clubs, were the key points of two information nights hosted by the Kilkenny Coaching & Games Committee recently.
    More than 500 people attended the discussions, which included members of all Kilkenny hurling and Gaelic football squads from under-14 to under-17 levels as well as their parents/guardians, squad coaches and mentors.
    New Age Grades
    Chairman of the Kilkenny Coaching and Games Committee Pat Tynan (Danesfort) welcomed the large attendance on both nights.
    He spoke of the changes in ages for competitions. Under-7 participants will be called ‘Kittens’, the under-9 players will be ‘Cats’ with under-11 participants called ‘Cubs’. Players at under-13, 15 and 17 grades will fall under the jurisdiction of Kilkenny Bórd na nÓg.
    Inter-county squads will continue at U14, U15, U16 & U17 levels with Kilkenny participating in the following tournaments this year:
    Two under-14 squads will compete in the Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh Tournaments in Waterford, with two under-154 squads in action in the Arrabawn & Tipperary Tournament.
    Kilkenny will also have two under-16 squads competing in the Michael Foley Tournament in Wexford while at under-17 level Kilkenny will participate in the Celtic Challenge with a squad of players from the extended 2018 county minor and under-16 squads.
    Kilkenny will also participate in the minor hurling championship which, from this year, is at under-17 grade. No under-17 players will be allowed to play at adult levels in future.
    Mr Tynan noted another new initiative this year, whereby all squad members are required to wear Kilkenny gear which will clearly identify their involvement with a Kilkenny development squad. This will ensure that the Kilkenny GAA identify is to the forefront at all times.
    Development Squads
    Kilkenny Games Development Manager, Brian Ryan, outlined his role and that of his two colleagues Sean Kelly and P.J. Ryan in helping to turn the potential of young players into talented hurlers, developing their skills along the way.
    Mr Ryan identified the values of involvement with a Kilkenny GAA development squad where players are seen as role models by their club peers, with an aim to be the best they can be for their club and county. Squad involvement is ultimately geared at preparing young players for inter-county action, while improving friendship among players plus developing their social skills are key elements of the development squad system.
    Squad involvement also helps to develop coaches. It was noted that the most of the individuals currently involved with Kilkenny minor, under-21 and senior teams have worked as development squad coaches at some stage.
    Mr Ryan emphasised the importance of a proper games-based approach to player development, stressing the need for a balance between skill development and physical development of young players.
    At the core of such development was, in the words of Mr. Ryan, “the need for all players involved with development squads to enjoy the experience”.
    Delivering an appropriate games programme requires close co-operation between Kilkenny Coaching and Games Committee and Kilkenny Bórd na nÓg. This will ensure that all development squad activities are factored into the enhanced games schedule.
    It has been decided to base all development squads at the MW Hire Centre this year. An invitation has been extended to club coaches to attend the Saturday morning sessions to see at first-hand how the programme is being delivered. All development squad dates will be published in due course on the Kilkenny GAA website.
    Late developers are not been forgotten either. Two regional development squads (North & South) are being established this year.
    Clubs will be invited to send players to the coaching sessions, which will be held at the same time as the development squad sessions. The regional programme will ensure that players who may not have been selected to date for development squads now have another route on to the squads.
    Garda Vetting
    Legislation changes means clubs must upskill anyone working with young players.
    Under new Government legislation, ‘The Children’s First Act’, means every GAA club must ensure that anyone dealing with young players has undertaken a Safeguarding Course and they must also be Garda vetted.
    Kilkenny Youth Officer, Caroline Clifford stressed the importance of all clubs adhering to the new regulations which are now compulsory.
    Safeguarding courses are currently being delivered by Conor Brennan (Conahy Shamrocks) and an additional tutor, Carmel Kenny (Clara) will also commence rolling out the training in the near future. Ms Clifford noted that there was an onus on each club to organise the training with the qualified tutors.
    Most clubs, she noted, should be well-used to Garda vetting procedures, although she stressed that new Officers may not be as familiar with the process.
    The club Children’s Officer is the key individual overseeing the submission of Garda Vetting applications. If clubs are in any doubt as to what they should do they are advised to contact the Kilkenny Youth Officer, Caroline Clifford. The Garda Vetting form is available for downloading from the Kilkenny GAA web site.
    Club personnel involved with young players (from Under 18 down) are obliged to undergo the Safe Guarding course every three years, while individuals must renew their Garda Vetting status every five years.
    Learning from former Stars and other sports
    The importance of the skills of the game and the need for constant practice is vital to give development squad players every opportunity to progress on to the senior hurling panel.
    Former Kilkenny senior hurler Tommy Walsh addressed the meeting, encouraging young players to focus on passion, commitment and self-determination as a pathway for success.
    Manager of the Leinster Rugby Academy, Peter Smyth, also gave an insightful talk on how his province develops its young rugby players. It was clear from his address that there is much common ground between the GAA and rugby in how both implement their Player Development Pathway programmes.
    See next week’s Kilkenny People for more

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

At what age group is the north and south regional squads for the late developers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

All age groups iirc - 14/15/16

The biggest issue I have with the underage setup in Kilkenny is the fixtures. Throughout the winter lads get weekly or at least fortnightly games in soccer and rugby. Its consistent. Then they get to summer and they actually get to play **** all hurling. Massive gaps in games. Middle of February and I still don't know when U15 is starting. It was mentioned at that meeting probably early April. And they think the Paddy Grace U14 Feile will be around Paddys weekend. If you can't give kids and parents definitive dates it's near impossible to get them to train at this time of the year when they can be playing competitive matches in other sports.

Infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All age groups iirc - 14/15/16

The biggest issue I have with the underage setup in Kilkenny is the fixtures. Throughout the winter lads get weekly or at least fortnightly games in soccer and rugby. Its consistent. Then they get to summer and they actually get to play **** all hurling. Massive gaps in games. Middle of February and I still don't know when U15 is starting. It was mentioned at that meeting probably early April. And they think the Paddy Grace U14 Feile will be around Paddys weekend. If you can't give kids and parents definitive dates it's near impossible to get them to train at this time of the year when they can be playing competitive matches in other sports.

Infuriating.

Why is it so difficult for the GAA, at every level, to draw up a sensible fixture list at the start of the year and stick to it? It doesn't seem to be a problem for any other big sport in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Kevin had very little hurling done before last weekend he'll probably be given time to get over his injury and get up to speed. We might see a one or two ballyragget lad's added to the panel.
    I wonder will cody stick to experimenting or will he use tj and fogarty who are expected to be back,lester has being a strange ommission but his trying to blood new players.I'd like to see a few changes in defence but wally definitely needs a bit more help up front.

Cody doesn't rate Lester Ryan.
    That is absolutely clear.
    The only time ryan got serious game time in the league he was the best player in it.
    Can anyone remember what was significant about that season ?

I see Laochra Gael are doing a show on King Henry, to be broadcast in March. 1hr eposide this year. Should be interesting. I think it's a great programme. It starts with Lar Corbett on Feb. 28th.

minty81 wrote: »

Whatever about Darren Brennan starting I did hear ger aylward might be in line to come in.
    I would hope he has put his injuries behind him.
    He definitely came back too early from his injuries and wasn't good last year but from all accounts he has been doing some serious work the past 2 months. If he does start or come in hopefully he will add some guile to the forwards.

Agree on this regarding aylward he probably rushed things getting back but I've heard his working very hard to get back he definitely would be an addition if he can get some form back he was excellent in 16.
    On the match sunday you'd expect a bit of size in the team it's a hard place to get a result and it might not be pretty but the losers of this will be under pressure to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I see Laochra Gael are doing a show on King Henry, to be broadcast in March. 1hr eposide this year. Should be interesting. I think it's a great programme. It starts with Lar Corbett on Feb. 28th.

A great series. I love watching it. Eddie Brennan was on it recently.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Agree on this regarding aylward he probably rushed things getting back but I've heard his working very hard to get back he definitely would be an addition if he can get some form back he was excellent in 16.
    On the match sunday you'd expect a bit of size in the team it's a hard place to get a result and it might not be pretty but the losers of this will be under pressure to stay up.

Kilkenny badly need the win Sunday.

Kilkenny are trying out a lot of younger players who have played this and last years league.Most of them have yet to win a match in a Kilkenny jersey. Once Kilkenny were so mentally strong and now they have a habit of losing these tight games. GThey have to beak that habit and start winning these tight matches again. Some Kilkenny players could be playing there 4/5th game with Kilkenny and still looking for there first win ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Kilkenny badly need the win Sunday.

Kilkenny are trying out a lot of younger players who have played this and last years league.Most of them have yet to win a match in a Kilkenny jersey. Once Kilkenny were so mentally strong and now they have a habit of losing these tight games. GThey have to beak that habit and start winning these tight matches again. Some Kilkenny players could be playing there 4/5th game with Kilkenny and still looking for there first win ?

..... in a nearly development squad.

Rebuilding etc, so I don't see the panic or rush yet.
    It would be great to start winning but I guess its all about blooding the untried, and hoping some will shine.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement