Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

robwen wrote: »
    Heard Richie Reid has been cut from panel

Joe lyng is out of the country till before the championship.
    Id be surprised if reid was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Kierans doing well three goals up with 26 mins gone...great skill by the full forward (Brennan?) to escape his marker for second goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Jesus the wides in the last 10 minutes. The keeper at the end made some balls of clearing it whatever he was trying to do.

Woeful stuff to end up in extra time. If they lose this....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Jaysus...i left it with Kierans up 12 five minutes into 2nd half...looks like its finally wrapped up now

Made hard work of it but clearly the better team. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackcard

Final score 5-19 to 3-16 after extra time. 3-12 each at the end of normal time. Congratulations to Kierans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Congrats to St. Kieran's!

If we win tomorrow the final is at home although if wexford win it could well be in nowlan park.

blackcard wrote: »
    Final score 5-19 to 3-16 after extra time. 3-12 each at the end of normal time. Congratulations to Kierans

Is there many of that team eligible for minor this year?I know mullen is overage and brennan is only 16.Will brennan play this year or commit to soccer.Some nice hurlers on that kierans team.
    When you think this time last year mossy was hurling for kierans is now lining out wing foward for the seniors tomorrow things can change very fast,hopefully we can bring some of these lads through to be senior hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

brookville wrote: »
    Is there many of that team eligible for minor this year?I know mullen is overage and brennan is only 16.Will brennan play this year or commit to soccer.Some nice hurlers on that kierans team.
    When you think this time last year mossy was hurling for kierans is now lining out wing foward for the seniors tomorrow things can change very fast,hopefully we can bring some of these lads through to be senior hurlers.

Brennan is no longer involved with the Irish under 17 soccer team and is fully committed to this year's minor team though as far as I know he is still with Waterford utd under 17's. But you would hope that if we win this year's minor he will get a taste for it and commit himself long term to hurling because he has the talent to be anything.

Of the guys who got game time yesterday Brennan, Conor Kelly (still has another two years in in the Senior Schools grade), George Murphy and Jamie Young are with the minors this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Am I correct in saying this game is both live on YouTube, and also full deferred coverage on TG4 after the Dublin - Galway game?

Or is it just the live stream?

Thanks.

Am I correct in saying this game is both live on YouTube, and also full deferred coverage on TG4 after the Dublin - Galway game?

Or is it just the live stream?

Thanks.
    Your correct it's on after the football as well

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Dissapointed to hear that as he would of being an important player for the under 21s.hopefully it's not the cruciate.
    Anyone know how the 21s are going?we should be decent this year.
    I had heard that richie hogan was nearly back right for the last match but hopefully he can get a game in with danesfort before things hot up before the leinster championship.

That's a major loss for the under 21s and continues the trend of good prospects getting serious injuries, especially defenders.

Interesting to see if any of the mullens will be on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Game put back till 2:15 due to traffic congestion

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Well done to Kierans yesterday. Thats 3 colleges wins for adrian mullen, anyone else ever win 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Almost Famous

minty81 wrote: »
    Well done to Kierans yesterday. Thats 3 colleges wins for adrian mullen, anyone else ever win 3?
    Tommy Walsh has three. Think he started all the years at full-back which is very impressive. Might be a couple of subs from the 2014 team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Z4Q2VWHpc

For anyone wanting to watch the Youtube Live Stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Z4Q2VWHpc

For anyone wanting to watch the Youtube Live Stream.
    Is this working ok?  It's not coming up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Is this working ok?  It's not coming up for me.

Ye, I watched the first half it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Yes, working fine and good quality.

• Advertisement

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Yes, working fine and good quality.
    Not working for me for some reason.  Does it not work in the 6 counties maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

Not working for me for some reason.  Does it not work in the 6 counties maybe???

Ireland only is in brackets on the TG4 website must only be southern

https://www.tg4.ie/en/live-sport/gaa-beo/

It's a serious game now

robwen wrote: »

Ireland only is in brackets on the TG4 website must only be southern

https://www.tg4.ie/en/live-sport/gaa-beo/

It's a serious game now
    Grrr...typical.  We don't count!!!!  Super game.  Listening to it on KCLR regardless.

Great win huge work rate from the lads and only for five mins in the 2nd half we were comfortable despite missing a few good goal chances.
    Great to have a home league final next week against tipp.

Great win huge work rate from the lads and only for five mins in the 2nd half we were comfortable despite missing a few good goal chances.
    Great to have a home league final next week against tipp.
    Yeah, after conceding early, roared back into it and dominated the game.  Listened to it on radio.  Wexford went a long time in first half without scoring from play which was due to great workrate and pressure from out the field.  Great range of scorers also.  This was a good game to win - a semi-final away from home against Wexford and KK weren't bullied.  The young lads stood up and battled and the scores came.  This game will stand to the panel.

Good work by the team and management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very impressive performance by us. After a poor start where we conceded 1-2 in the first 6 minutes we kept them scoreless for 20 minutes and score some great points ourselves. Extremely impressive workrate by everyone. Let them back into the match a little at the start of the 2nd half but we took control again and once we got the lead to 7 points it was just a matter of keeping everything ticking over. Whoever was marking Lee Chin (Number 5 I think) did a great job Chin was barely in the match. Only small negatives were Ger Aylward who played very well going off injured and that we only scored 1 goal we had chances to score more. Still a very good result and performance.

Super performance. Enda Morrissey was immense. Great spread of scores. Wexford were ****e but thought we were excellent at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Great to see hurlings top dogs return to a national final. Fair play to Cody and Kilkenny, shipped critism lately but have produced results.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kkman00

Enda morrisey excellent again today. Could be the find of the league very tidy in possession and composed on the ball. He can also play corner back. Potentially a big summer ahead for him

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Work rate of old
    Great to see .
    Delaney and Morrissey excellent
    Alyward looked dangerous few wrong options
    But good to get him back
    Get Colin back to add a goal treath
    And we are as good as any.
    Full house next week great crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Brillant all round today.ger bucko and keoghan stood out for me.tj just pure class.but 1-15 and subs excellent.will b electric next week.dont forget camogie v cork on first another cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

John Donnelly looked good, classy hurler and clever use of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Any word on who got man of the match?

Kkman00 wrote: »
    Enda morrisey excellent again today. Could be the find of the league very tidy in possession and composed on the ball. He can also play corner back. Potentially a big summer ahead for him

I had doubts over him earlier I thought he was too slow for this level.i always thought he was tidy and the best of the bridge lads.im glad to be proven wrong.
    Thrilled for sheehan his going to be a great bit of stuff when he fills out.
    Donnelly and mossy both needed big games and both delivered well done to them.donnelly inexperienced for the goal chance but all these lads will learn from today's match it was definitely a big scalp and we are certainly building a decent panel.

laneykin wrote: »

Buckley I think

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Buckley I think

Pretty sure Michael Rice gave it to TJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Work rate of old
    Great to see .
    Delaney and Morrissey excellent
    Alyward looked dangerous few wrong options
    But good to get him back
    Get Colin back to add a goal treath
    And we are as good as any
    Full house next week great crack

Would very unusual for this pairing to get an absolute full house. Only pairing in living memory where All Ireland tickets went on general sale.

To use a phrase I have used for some previous games it would be a bad one for Kilkenny to lose with the amount of likely first-teamers missing for Tipperary. Based on what Limerick scored last night Kilkenny could win it handy.

Good Lord man take a break

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Would very unusual for this pairing to get an absolute full house. Only pairing in living memory where All Ireland tickets went on general sale.

To use a phrase I have used for some previous games it would be a bad one for Kilkenny to lose with the amount of likely first-teamers missing for Tipperary. Based on what Limerick scored last night Kilkenny could win it handy.

The one thing bout tipp they will be way more clinical than wexford today.Kk were fired up for today showed great intensity weather they can bring the same determination next week remains to be seen.
    No matter what happens next week I'm delighted with the league we've unearthed some very good talent and building a nice panel.We might not win the all ireland this year but we'll be tricky opposition.
    Hats off to cody.

• Advertisement

The one thing bout tipp they will be way more clinical than wexford today.Kk were fired up for today showed great intensity weather they can bring the same determination next week remains to be seen.
    No matter what happens next week I'm delighted with the league we've unearthed some very good talent and building a nice panel.We might not win the all ireland this year but we'll be tricky opposition.
    Hats off to cody.

They will be more clinical but are a bit light in the close exchanges. Limerick missed so many chances last night dominating possession. If Kilkenny get that sort of possession advantage they will do damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭2forjoy

I saw Leahy as best player today. His workrate was phenomenal all over the field .

Spoilsports have Kilkenny priced up at 9/4 for next Sunday. What an absolute insult!! Whether they will actually take a bet is another thing, more than likely not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Great performance today. To put up that sort of a score in wexford park is phenomenal.

Heroic performances throughout. Ends Morrissey the pick of the backs.

Buckley is so composed too. Paddy Dream a bit headless at times but you can't dislike him.

Very intelligent use of the ball and short puck out in the second half.

Leahy was fantastic in midfield.

TJ was his usual self. Almost flawless.

Very impressed with Mossy Keoghan too.

Great desire shown by everybody. Great to have a national final on Nowlan Park too.

We are miles ahead of where we were last year. We are using the ball very intelligently.

Finally, as the leagues draw to a close, it must be said, TG4 are absolute heroes for their sports coverage and their product continues to improve. It's a shame they will be taking a back seat again until club county finals come around.

Spoilsports have Kilkenny priced up at 9/4 for next Sunday. What an absolute insult!! Whether they will actually take a bet is another thing, more than likely not!!

Why do you think it's an insult?

Be curious to hear other posters experiences down there today. Thought the organisation both at and outside the ground was shocking!

Very few stewards outside to advise supporters. At the side of the ground we were entering there was no signage to indicate which gate for season tickets. There was four styles but only three open and when we got to the styles realised why it was so slow because the two guys in the ticket office were also operating the styles on each side of them.

Then afterwards not a guard to be seen directing traffic. The part of the county we live in the usual travel time to Wexford would be an hour obviously you have to allow a bit extra for match day traffic but it tooks us three hours to get home. Piss up and brewery spring to mind. Thank f*** we won!

• Advertisement

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Why do you think it's an insult?

They haven't won in the Park in 10 years!

KCLR - Taggy Fogarty gave it to Buckley. Said he couldn't give it to T.J. every game...lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Be curious to hear other posters experiences down there today. Thought the organisation both at and outside the ground was shocking!

Very few stewards outside to advise supporters. At the side of the ground we were entering there was no signage to indicate which gate for season tickets. There was four styles but only three open and when we got to the styles realised why it was so slow because the two guys in the ticket office were also operating the styles on each side of them.

Then afterwards not a guard to be seen directing traffic. The part of the county we live in the usual travel time to Wexford would be an hour obviously you have to allow a bit extra for match day traffic but it tooks us three hours to get home. Piss up and brewery spring to mind. Thank f*** we won!

Would agree with this. There was no reason the turnstiles at the main stand couldn't have been left open to let people into the terrace at the town end instead of forcing everyone into a big queue for only three turnstiles for the concrete slabs and the terrace. Lack of stewards and barriers to break up the queues was very obvious.

Also seemed that the uncovered "seating area" got overfull due to the people who just before throw in had to move across the pitch to get to the terrace behind the goal. I've been to a few matches there recently and tbh the grounds a dump and not very spectator friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Main thing is these lads are showing the spirit and work rate associated with kk teams.you xant ask anymore of your team than total commitment.

They haven't won in the Park in 10 years!

You'd imagine it should be tight and exciting as always and won't be much in it.
    Tipp are experimenting and will be minus a few big names but the two teams who have changed their teams alot week to week now find themselves in the final.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement