Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Not trying to stir anything here, but Farell was the only man inside the 21 for a good portion of the second half from what I could see.

I counted there at the end at least 8 men in the Kilkenny 21 or just outside when preventing a goal, certainly outnumbering the Dubs.

Is it fair to say that Cody will adapt the numbers at certain points in the game to suit their targets at that point in time? When they need to score, they'll push up a bit, when they need to defend they'll drop men back a bit deeper?

Teams who are leading are not going to concede a goal with 5mins to go. It's important to shut up shop.

Re: the point about Farrell - T.J. played the last 15mins in at full forward, flanked by Liam B and Farrell. Colin Fennelly moved to left half forward.

Good to have options like like as Fennelly's pace will be crucial in last quarter of a game against a tiring half back.

IanVW wrote: »
    dubcat51 wrote: »
    Good performance last night should bring us on a tonne.half back line are the best in the game.mick fennelly a colossus in midfield. Paul Murphy brilliant.
    Thought Murphy really sharp in goal and Rob Lennon good for first championship start.larks off the pace and Colin fennelly can do better. Really impressed with Walters work rate and physicality. Lester not as good as he has been in the league and blanch field and kelly didn't get on the board when they came on.really loved the reception the lads got coming out at the start of the game and when larks and mick fennelly came off.great respect shown to great servants for kilkenny. Ever since we were written off in 13 the supporters starting with that great night in nowlan park v tipp have really bonded with this team.also great to see 15 on 15 hurling.

Didnt see much 15 on 15!! What game were you watching?? Dublin played with 2 inside

Maybe hewas talking about no sweepers??? Just 15 v 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

It was on 42 minutes I first noticed a ball go into the full forward line and only Farrell inside the 21.

I would be surprised if anything Kilkenny do on the field isn't pre designed by which I mean Dempsey isn't going on to tell them to play a way they're not familiar with. But if they feel the game is going a certain way and they want to adapt accordingly I think it is quite likely that they would have pre rehearsed/discussed instructions for in game changes.

That to me would be a tactical standard that any team with any hope of being successful would have to have really.

I'm not for a second criticizing what Kilkenny are doing in anyway before anyone gets defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Over-analytical nonsense. You play what you face on the day generally.

I can however say - going back to when Clare brought Markham back to be a seventh back, that Kilkenny did not change their shape at that but were very secure in their orthodoxy.

Also Kilkenny devised a scheme to destroy Cork's short puck-outs in 2006. Generally though Kilkenny do not set up in any out of shape way for tactical purposes like others do.

unrealtime wrote: »
    Over-analytical nonsense. You play what you face on the day generally.

I can however say - going back to when Clare brought Markham back to be a seventh back, that Kilkenny did not change their shape at that but were very secure in their orthodoxy.

Also Kilkenny devised a scheme to destroy Cork's short puck-outs in 2006. Generally though Kilkenny do not set up in any out of shape way for tactical purposes like others do.

I counted 5 pts, throughout the whole game, that Dublin coughed up with short puck outs. KK's full forward line dropped back 20yards and their half forwards dropped back a bit - not as much though. This gave more numbers around the middle third and the press on the short puck outs was first class. He, if i remember went to the corner back once but they got turned over and conceded a score.

I would go long with puck outs all day long. Can't see why goalies puck it to someone 20 yds away, who then is going to put it down the field. Pointless i think.

I'll watch game again today to see re: Dublin's puck outs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I still have major worries about the FB line in general and Joey in particular.

I thought they seemed in trouble several times in the first half yesterday and a better team than Dublin would have taken advantage. A few times the ball came in and was 2 v 2 and we just about survived, with the HB line being too far away for my liking.

I don't want to mention the S word but we need to protect that FB line. God help us if anything happens Paul Murphy.

I know its not the time of year for experimentation but I'd love to see a full back line of Murphy/Lennon/Prendergast at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Mick Fennelly is involved in a huge amount.
    Been the best player in the country for the best part of a decade. Unplayable at his best and as good as anyone even when not at his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Joey Holden is getting a very raw deal lately.

How can he be blamed for Eoin Murphy jumping out on top of him?

Also, if you leave any full back with 50 yards of space isolated he'll be in trouble.

He wasn't very assured last night in the first half but people need to calm down a small bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He wasn't very assured last night in the first half but people need to calm down a small bit.

19743213942b3d8ca11dae135ae228dd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

adrian522 wrote: »
    I still have major worries about the FB line in general and Joey in particular.....

He gave away two silly frees wrapping his hurl around the neck from behind and they werent goal chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭droppingball

Good performance last night, team worked hard and really ramped up the physicality.

Walter is really turning in some great displays, works like a trojan and has added the scoring touch. Buckley, murphy and fennelly were top drawer and really drove us forward. Jonjo Farrell was very good and really attacked everything with gusto, a number of our subs should take note. He took his goal brilliantly and will surely start next day out but will need to maintain his performance levels ala ger aylward last year.

We pushed up and made it very difficult on their puckouts which really worked. Couldn't believe they persisted with short puckouts but then our half back line were on top. Stiffer tests ahead and hopefully richie hogan will have recovered in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭blackcard

If Shane Prendergast, Jackie Tyrrell and Richie Hogan are fit for the Leinster final, I presume that Shane Prendergast plays and Rob Lennon and Lester Ryan will lose out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

blackcard wrote: »
    If Shane Prendergast, Jackie Tyrrell and Richie Hogan are fit for the Leinster final, I presume that Shane Prendergast plays and Rob Lennon and Lester Ryan will lose out?

What's the word on Jackie Tyrell, is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Job well done over a somewhat very dissapointing Dublin Team.P Murphy was excellent and thought lennon did well when had the ball in his hand but looked very slow when he was turned and needed to sprint for a 50/50 challenge and I couldnt understand why Dublin didnt target him more with fast ball into the space in his corner. Buckley was back to very best so hopefully the notions of playing him midfield will stop as he is an out and out half back who is at best when attacking the ball and running onto the ball.Mick Fennelly did mountain of work for a lad who barely played this year.Wally took some punishment from the Dubs and got some excellent scores too so hopefully he can carry this form throughout. TJ has had better days by his own extreme high standards but he has been excellent all year so nothing to worry about there. Fair play to JonJo as he harrowed, tackled and took some brilliant scores so if he can build some consistency into his game the number 13 jersey should be his for the year. I was a bit suprised by some of the subs brought on. I actually thought Blanchfield was very poor when he came on considering he got a good near 20 mins pitch time.I rate blanchfield and def think he future star but he had 4/5 balls delivered his way and I think he failed to win any or even compete well for any.I know Cody team selection is based on training performance but I really would love to see Bolger get a run. Overall a good championship opening performance with plenty to work and improve on and assuming Galway beat Offaly you would no doubt then that their full forward line will will be a stern test the kk full back line

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Job well done over a somewhat very dissapointing Dublin Team.P Murphy was excellent and thought lennon did well when had the ball in his hand but looked very slow when he was turned and needed to sprint for a 50/50 challenge and I couldnt understand why Dublin didnt target him more with fast ball into the space in his corner. Buckley was back to very best so hopefully the notions of playing him midfield will stop as he is an out and out half back who is at best when attacking the ball and running onto the ball.Mick Fennelly did mountain of work for a lad who barely played this year.Wally took some punishment from the Dubs and got some excellent scores too so hopefully he can carry this form throughout. TJ has had better days by his own extreme high standards but he has been excellent all year so nothing to worry about there. Fair play to JonJo as he harrowed, tackled and took some brilliant scores so if he can build some consistency into his game the number 13 jersey should be his for the year. I was a bit suprised by some of the subs brought on. I actually thought Blanchfield was very poor when he came on considering he got a good near 20 mins pitch time.I rate blanchfield and def think he future star but he had 4/5 balls delivered his way and I think he failed to win any or even compete well for any.I know Cody team selection is based on training performance but I really would love to see Bolger get a run. Overall a good championship opening performance with plenty to work and improve on and assuming Galway beat Offaly you would no doubt then that their full forward line will will be a stern test the kk full back line

Agree with that. Eoin Murphy had a very solid outing and it was nice to see him acting as a sweeper on one occasion. Paul Murphy had a stormer. Rob Lennon is more suited to a central position and I expect Shane Prendergast to come back the next day. Our half back line was very good and could have ended up with 4 or 5 points if Padraig Walsh's shooting was better, great to see scores coming from this line. Michael Fennelly is a phenomenon and got good assistance from Conor Fogarty. Our forwards worked extremely hard with Wally carrying on with his good form this year. Eoin Larkin's touch was a bit off but this was his first inter-county match in 9 months. It was pleasing to see the whole team up for the battle as Dublin hit hard in the first half. The Leinster final will tell us a lot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Ive been fairly critical of Jonjo Farrell for a long time but in fairness to him it was a top performance from him Saturday night, i was highly impressed and just hope he can sustain it when the bigger tests come along. At the end of the day its all about the team and we want every player to do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭kk.man

Canadel wrote: »
    Been the best player in the country for the best part of a decade. Unplayable at his best and as good as anyone even when not at his best.

I concur and I will go one further...He could play in any position and shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Agree with noddy 33. Blanch field was poor and I would have liked to see bolger.think bolger could be a star given the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭randd1

I wonder would it be an option to swap Lennon and Holden?

Physically Lennon is more suited to FB, and it's not an unusual position for home to play in.

Also I'm not convinced by Blanchfield yet, he could come good but there's been times this year where his brain just isn't at the speed of those around him. Would like to see Bolger get a run instead of Blanchfield if the situation arises, decent pace and knows how to take a goal chance.

On the game itself, I thought that Dublin were far better in the first half, partly because they were wearing into Kilkenny. After half time they seemed more intent on this tippy tappy stuff, and it broke what little momentum they had and played right into Kilkenny's hands. I honestly don't know what Cunningham is at, it's like he's trying to turn Dublin into the Cork.

That being said, Kilkenny were absolutely awesome in the first 15 minutes of the second half, when it came down to it every one of our lads turned it on physically and in terms of work ethic, a real example of a team going for the jugular.

Agree with noddy 33. Blanch field was poor and I would have liked to see bolger.think bolger could be a star given the opportunity.

I thought he was keen when he come on against Clare. He got 2pts i think and the game was well over at that stage.

• Advertisement

Blanchfield is only 20, still has a bit to learn but Cody must be seeing something in training if he is bringing him in as a sub

I LIKE Blanch field and rate him highly. But he hasn't set the world alight yet when he has played.Bolger was the standout player for the 21s last year and his cameo v clare was full of promise. He is a scoring forward and we need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I LIKE Blanch field and rate him highly. But he hasn't set the world alight yet when he has played.Bolger was the standout player for the 21s last year and his cameo v clare was full of promise. He is a scoring forward and we need one.

I wonder is it possible that bolger is being primed for later in the year?liam blanchfield will probaly need two or three more years to develop he looked way off the pace the other night.I thought lennon done what he had to do in the corner considering it was his debut it's likely he'll be jackies long term successor in the number 4 jersey.Joey definitely looked in trouble at various stages but at times he had zero protection he'll get more help as we get through the summer plus most teams are playing with only two players in the ff line.he could be lacking a bit of confidence.The panel look in a decent position now with jackie,hogan,pender and jimmy maher all nearing a return

I wouldn't be as convinced Brookville about Lennon being jackies long term successor as he def not suited to corner back and if he any chance of making a long term inter county career it will be at full back.i just don't think he quick or mobile enough for either position but since the dept of kk panel not as good in comparison to previous years he prob worth his place on the panel and is a better hurler than mick Walsh from Gowran. I'd be hoping young tommy Walsh and Conor Delaney will come good over the next year or two and think these two could be long term cogs in the kk defence for years to come.i rate Blanchfield but I would have left him just with the U21's this season and I know they are gone from championship now but actually think the break and rest from inter county hurling could have done him wonders as when you think about it he has been on the go non stop for last 4years and throw in 2 very long seasons with Bennetsbridge on top of that too.Bolger deserves a shot and just hoping Cody is holding him in reserve for later the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I wouldn't be as convinced Brookville about Lennon being jackies long term successor as he def not suited to corner back and if he any chance of making a long term inter county career it will be at full back.i just don't think he quick or mobile enough for either position but since the dept of kk panel not as good in comparison to previous years he prob worth his place on the panel and is a better hurler than mick Walsh from Gowran. I'd be hoping young tommy Walsh and Conor Delaney will come good over the next year or two and think these two could be long term cogs in the kk defence for years to come.i rate Blanchfield but I would have left him just with the U21's this season and I know they are gone from championship now but actually think the break and rest from inter county hurling could have done him wonders as when you think about it he has been on the go non stop for last 4years and throw in 2 very long seasons with Bennetsbridge on top of that too.Bolger deserves a shot and just hoping Cody is holding him in reserve for later the season

Is blanchfield overage for 21s next year?

No

No he is under U21 again next year as he was on the all Ireland minor winning team in 2014

Sound thanks lads. What do ye make of that lads? For a long time it was common wisdom that Cody doesn't throw in lads that young onto the field
    I know it was only a few minutes when the game was won but do you think it points to Cody seeing something in blanchfield or is it part of a shift towards using younger players for no other reason than we don't have as strong an established panel as we used to have, where you might be 23 before you're getting a decent look in? (I know there's exceptions)

Sound thanks lads. What do ye make of that lads? For a long time it was common wisdom that Cody doesn't throw in lads that young onto the field
    I know it was only a few minutes when the game was won but do you think it points to Cody seeing something in blanchfield or is it part of a shift towards using younger players for no other reason than we don't have as strong an established panel as we used to have, where you might be 23 before you're getting a decent look in? (I know there's exceptions)

It's probaly a small suprise considering john power was also on the bench and has all ireland experience he also came on before kevin kelly who has being around a few years.I think he obviously sees something in him...I know people had mixed reviews on wally when he broke into the team but coady kept persisting with him and infairness his definitely getting better every year and a real crowd favourite unbelievable in the air

• Advertisement

Very unconvinced about Blanchfield. Thought he was better than what he has shown so far. Looked like a star in the making. Maybe he is too big which makes him a little immobile. We'll see yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Blanchfield is only 20, still has a bit to learn but Cody must be seeing something in training if he is bringing him in as a sub

AFAIK he's still 19. 20 near the end of the year. It was an ideal time to blood a promising young lad as the game was already won. He wouldn't have been on if it was anyway in doubt. He may or may not make it but we shouldn't be too harsh or quick to judge. I'd agree with you Cody is watching him in training so he must be doing something right.

amber69 wrote: »
    AFAIK he's still 19. 20 near the end of the year. It was an ideal time to blood a promising young lad as the game was already won. He wouldn't have been on if it was anyway in doubt. He may or may not make it but we shouldn't be too harsh or quick to judge. I'd agree with you Cody is watching him in training so he must be doing something right.

People need to get a grip. This was only his third appearance as a sub. From what I hear, he has proved a handful in training when up against our first choice backs and is supposed to have a good attitude. This is his first year on the panel and he will improve
    It has taken a while for a lot of our current team to nail down a spot on the team so I would give him time

brookville wrote: »

It's probaly a small suprise considering john power was also on the bench and has all ireland experience he also came on before kevin kelly who has being around a few years.I think he obviously sees something in him...I know people had mixed reviews on wally when he broke into the team but coady kept persisting with him and infairness his definitely getting better every year and a real crowd favourite unbelievable in the air

No doubt about it - Walter is a key man for us. As you say a handful in the air and can chip in with a few scores.

brookville wrote: »

No doubt about it - Walter is a key man for us. As you say a handful in the air and can chip in with a few scores.

People need to get a grip. This was only his third appearance as a sub. From what I hear, he has proved a handful in training when up against our first choice backs and is supposed to have a good attitude. This is his first year on the panel and he will improve
    It has taken a while for a lot of our current team to nail down a spot on the team so I would give him time

Nobody writing him off at all and you will see almost everyone agrees he is a future star but you cant deny he was poor with the game time he got last Saturday and going by that showing you have to wonder would Chris Bolger not offer more of a threat. He obviously performing reasonably well in training but my own opinion would be to have been hold off calling up into the senior fold for another year partly down to the fact he has been hurling non stop for last 4/5 years and so could do with a rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Nobody writing him off at all and you will see almost everyone agrees he is a future star but you cant deny he was poor with the game time he got last Saturday and going by that showing you have to wonder would Chris Bolger not offer more of a threat. He obviously performing reasonably well in training but my own opinion would be to have been hold off calling up into the senior fold for another year partly down to the fact he has been hurling non stop for last 4/5 years and so could do with a rest
    I can't help but think there may be some mind games going on. Wouldn't surprise me if Cody was sending a message to some lads. Here you have a very raw, young player being introduced ahead of Power, Kelly and others like Bolger who are older, would probably be considered more established and who some might feel are ahead in the 'pecking order'. The game was effectively out of Dublin's reach when the change was made. It was low risk even if it fell flat on it's face. It's interesting, to me anyway, that Power didn't get a run at all. Maybe he was injured. If he wasn't he's fallen way down that pecking order now.
    TJ Reid has spoken recently about how frustrated he was in his early years with the senior panel at the lack of game time and about how seriously he contemplated leaving the panel. Those three mentioned above have plenty of ability and have the potential to play senior hurling for Kilkenny. I think Cody is now putting it up to lads to see how badly they want it.

citykat wrote: »

I can't help but think there may be some mind games going on. Wouldn't surprise me if Cody was sending a message to some lads. Here you have a very raw, young player being introduced ahead of Power, Kelly and others like Bolger who are older, would probably be considered more established and who some might feel are ahead in the 'pecking order'. The game was effectively out of Dublin's reach when the change was made. It was low risk even if it fell flat on it's face. It's interesting, to me anyway, that Power didn't get a run at all. Maybe he was injured. If he wasn't he's fallen way down that pecking order now.
    TJ Reid has spoken recently about how frustrated he was in his early years with the senior panel at the lack of game time and about how seriously he contemplated leaving the panel. Those three mentioned above have plenty of ability and have the potential to play senior hurling for Kilkenny. I think Cody is now putting it up to lads to see how badly they want it.

That's a valid point and it'd be a subtle nudge to the more experienced forwards on the panel. Maybe Liam B is showing well in training, who knows? I think i saw John Power warming up along the line in the 2nd half but not sure as I was in the far corner.

It's all a guessing game with Cody and up to know, it's worked well!! In fairness, none of the subs really impressed when they came on but it was good to see the ovation Mick and Larks got.

I love the telepathic nature of TJ and P draig from frees. Everyone thinks TJ will shoot from distance from inside his own half but P draig sprints 40yards at full pelt down his wing into the half forwards. TJ places the ball in his hand without breaking stride and as Cyril Farrell would say...'bang over the bar'.

I was in Walsh Pk for first league game and the exact same thing happened. Talk about quick thinking but especially P draig.

Cody does appear to play mind games with players - vide selection of Tyrell in a pxxx-or-leave-the-pot situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Charlie69

I suppose he didn't throw in the young lads in the past because he didn't have to, times have changed. Blanchfield will be fine, might be a big lad but he's only a chap...give him a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Chris Bolger taking on mythical status in here. The new Kevin Kelly

• Advertisement

Just think bolger deserves a chance. His cameo v clare was full of promise.how Martin has started ahead of him in the league I will never know.unless Cody is keeping him under wraps .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I love the telepathic nature of TJ and P draig from frees. Everyone thinks TJ will shoot from distance from inside his own half but P draig sprints 40yards at full pelt down his wing into the half forwards. TJ places the ball in his hand without breaking stride and as Cyril Farrell would say...'bang over the bar'.

I was in Walsh Pk for first league game and the exact same thing happened. Talk about quick thinking but especially P draig.

That was a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Chris Bolger taking on mythical status in here. The new Kevin Kelly

I detect sarcasim!! but this rush to judge Blanchefield is pathetic, he had looked nervous when he has come on, but that is understandable in a 19 year old, I think Codys best quality coming from his profession as a teacher and his experience of being thrown onto the team too early as a player; is his judgement on how to develop young players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Blanchfield will come good in time, great prospect. Hes only a young fella so obviously its only natural if hes nervous on his championship debut and he should be forgiven for it. He must be doing something in training if he was on ahead of Kelly, Power and Bolger.

Another one Im surprised to see not on the panel is John Walsh from Mullinavat. Would honestly put him down as a better prospect than Blanchfield plus hes hurled very well with the club this year after a long term injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Charlie69 wrote: »

I suppose he didn't throw in the young lads in the past because he didn't have to, times have changed. Blanchfield will be fine, might be a big lad but he's only a chap...give him a chance.
    That was one thing about him that stood out for me - his size. He pucked around with Mick Fennelly pre-match and looked every bit as big as him.

Topcat32 wrote: »
    I detect sarcasim!! but this rush to judge Blanchefield is pathetic, he had looked nervous when he has come on, but that is understandable in a 19 year old, I think Codys best quality coming from his profession as a teacher and his experience of being thrown onto the team too early as a player; is his judgement on how to develop young players
    What rush to judge him?

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Blanchfield will come good in time, great prospect. Hes only a young fella so obviously its only natural if hes nervous on his championship debut and he should be forgiven for it. He must be doing something in training if he was on ahead of Kelly, Power and Bolger.

Another one Im surprised to see not on the panel is John Walsh from Mullinavat. Would honestly put him down as a better prospect than Blanchfield plus hes hurled very well with the club this year after a long term injury

Afaik walsh has a injury I could be wrong though.The suprising thing about walsh and bolger is that there in good form for their clubs both are the go to men but obviously liam must be doing more in training and I'm sure he'll come good in time

Nobody is Judging Blanchfield at all and its merely an observation in stating that he didnt perform great when he came on last Saturday and was no where near the levels of performance that he is capable of.Obviously nerves and first championship appearance come into it consideration and thats why everyone is agreeing that he has the talent be a top player for kK in the future.I just thought that he got plenty of ball directed down his wing but suprisingly enough he failed to even compete with his marker for the ball at all and each time his marker won clean ball off him. But I have seen enough of him at underage and club level to know the potential the lad has and am convinced he will be a key player for KK for years in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Nobody is Judging Blanchfield at all and its merely an observation in stating that he didnt perform great when he came on last Saturday and was no where near the levels of performance that he is capable of.Obviously nerves and first championship appearance come into it consideration and thats why everyone is agreeing that he has the talent be a top player for kK in the future.I just thought that he got plenty of ball directed down his wing but suprisingly enough he failed to even compete with his marker for the ball at all and each time his marker won clean ball off him. But I have seen enough of him at underage and club level to know the potential the lad has and am convinced he will be a key player for KK for years in the future

Well one poster did say that they were "very unconvinced" about him, thats pretty close to a judgement.

Obviously he didnt do great when he came on and to say that others could have done better is fair comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Well one poster did say that they were "very unconvinced" about him, thats pretty close to a judgement.

Obviously he didnt do great when he came on and to say that others could have done better is fair comment.

Well if you can't judge a player then it defeats the purpose of this forum.

I too, don't think he has improved a whole lot from minor. I have seen him a lot with club and county the last 2 years and I have expected a lot more from him.

In saying that, he is a well built, fast forward and if BC is bringing him on in Championship I'm sure it is merited! His hurling sometimes lets him down but he is still U21 next year and has a long future with KK I hope.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement