Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Sweet win for Kilkenny.

That Cork wing forward made some show of herself during the handshake.

I believe the player involved is on the Cork Football team too. Interesting to see if she trys the same with the Dublin ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

As Corkman want say well done to yer girls today, and yes that Cork girl deserves all the criticism she gets for handshake

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

As Corkman want say well done to yer girls today, and yes that Cork girl deserves all the criticism she gets for handshake

What happened for the handsake? Cork are never far from controversy haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Just seen it. Delighted they were bet. Pathetic carry on.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's like she was trying to bully Colette Dormer by looking down on her and giving her the shove. Delighted Dormer didn't take her sh*t and went on to have a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

Topcat32 wrote: »
    You might find sometime that it takes a decent talent pool to actually win 2 in a row.

I'd be confident that we will have a stronger panel next year and that the team can and will play much better than in this years final. That been said Tipp are a great team which look to be in their prime, Galway if they get Johnny Glynn back look to be improving and Waterford have an excellent players coming through, will be a challange to win anything next year but im sure the Kilkenny players will be seriously motivated to face that challenge

I'm sure M Ryan's first obvective is to ground the current of players and to focus
    On the 2 in a row and no doubt he will,if he succeeds they will take stopping

If Cody makes it to the 2017 A1 final win lose or draw with the current crop
    With additions it will be his greatest managerial achievement to date

68deville wrote: »
    If Cody makes it to the 2017 A1 final win lose or draw with the current crop
    With additions it will be his greatest managerial achievement to date

I disagree, the only county in Leinster that I would have any fear of is Galway, Dublin have not pushed on and Wexford continue to be limited, if we avoid Galway in the Leinster Semi Final, id expect Kilkenny to at least reach the quarter final , id expect Tipp to win Munster so we wont play them at that stage after that its just one match to get into the final.

True in an idea scenario but if he persists with a similar lineup will be very
    Vulnerable , a lot of things have ta work 100 or at least 95% in favour to get there?

True in an idea scenario but if he persists with a similar lineup will be very
    Vulnerable , a lot of things have ta work 100 or at least 95% in favour to get there?

I think most posters have pointed out that we expect changes next year, the team we have has won Leinster easily over the last two years, with renewed motivation and additions I dont see any reason why that should change, I suppose drawing Galway or Dublin in the Semi Final would make things harder, nothing else in Leinster that would worry us.

If we steer clear of the qualifiers and go directly into at least the quarter finals we will be a dangerous opponent for any team. Remember that we will hopefully have Michael Fennelly and Ger Aylward (two all stars in 2015) to come back into the team and quite a few young players with minor and collages all irelands to bring into the team.

• Advertisement

More importantly that fennelly return to fitness he will have a huge influence
    On the 2017 season , Bolger / Alyward / kelly could fulfil each other's roles but
    It's the pivotal MF,CB ,FB and FF roles that will have to be addressed and solved to make a challenge going forward and be dominant in those positions

More importantly that fennelly return to fitness he will have a huge influence
    On the 2017 season , Bolger / Alyward / kelly could fulfil each other's roles but
    It's the pivotal MF,CB ,FB and FF roles that will have to be addressed and solved to make a challenge going forward and be dominant in those positions

I think Aylward is a better player than Bolger or Kelly, he destroyed a good Wexford hurler last year and was then consistently good for the rest of the year, well worth his all star, Rob Lennon will be tried in the CB and FB position, I wouldnt disregard Joyce just yet, Conor Delaney, Evan Cody and Jason Cleere will likely be tried in the backs, I think Michael Walsh, Diarmuid Cody and Joe Lyng will too.

Luke Scanlon and Ollie Walsh will hopefully be looked at for midfield. Scanlon if he can keep fit is a great prospect, in the forwards there is also Sean Morrissey, John Walsh (who scored 2-5 in a minor all Ireland) and Alan Murphy should get their chance. Plenty of options and talent there, will be interesting to see how it goes.

I don't see what problems we have at full forward to be honest.

A lot to be tried out in reality, agree with Alyward he a good hurler no doubt
    Better than Bolger, kelly only saw him play in the flesh at U21 he was the best man KK had

A lot to be tried out in reality, agree with Alyward he a good hurler no doubt
    Better than Bolger, kelly only saw him play in the flesh at U21 he was the best man KK had

Well most years in Kilkenny there is a lot to be tried out, hasn't been the case for the last 2 to 3 years but from next year onwards that should be back up to normal.

Quiet a few got runs in league in last 2 years but didn't set world alight,some
    Played well but biggest challenge will be to for at least 2 ta 3 ta nail down championship positions in earnest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Congratulations to our Camogie teams who both showed great heart and determination to win both trophies today. I'll be there for their home coming at the courthouse tomorrow and hope many others turn out too for showing their appreciation for these great women.

I'm fairly sure Cody had 39 different players tried a few years ago during the league I think it was 2014 but I could be wrong on the year. I'm fairly sure the same year we did ok in the league. I'd say we'll see something similar next year with loads of new lads tried in conjunction with our more established stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Last round of group club games on this wkend, just wondering are the 1st round games scheduled for the following weekend i.e. weekend of 24th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

minty81 wrote: »
    Last round of group club games on this wkend, just wondering are the 1st round games scheduled for the following weekend i.e. weekend of 24th?

They are, along with the league finals.

You'll find the full schedule on kilkennygaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I hear Padraig Walsh is gone to Maynooth to become a teacher, it seems to be the career of choice for Inter County players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Howdy folks.

Anyone know where I'd be able to find the full Sunday Game broadcasts (both the live broadcast and the evening show) of the 2007, 2008 and 2011 AI finals? I've been able to find the games on You Tube, but they only go from throw in, to final whistle. They don't have the pre and post game coverage, or if they do, it's just a few minutes. I haven't been able to find anything of the evening shows, on either You Tube or on the GAA & RTE websites.

Wouldn't mind getting the 2012, 2014, 2015 Up For Matches too, but they aren't as important.

Am asking for an elderly KK friend who is going in to hospital for an extended period of time. Ta.

Upcoming club fixtures on Saturday 17th

S.H.L. Group A
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Thomastown, O'Loughlin Gaels v Ballyhale Shamrocks
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Freshford, Clara v Danesfort
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Tom Ryall Park, Erins Own v Mullinavat

Ps Tm Pt P W L D For Against
    1 BaSh 6 4 3 1 0 6 - 66 7 - 43
    2 O'LG 6 4 3 1 0 7 - 56 3 - 50
    3 ErOn 4 4 2 2 0 4 - 51 5 - 43
    4 Mulv 4 4 2 2 0 8 - 49 8 - 61
    5 Clara 2 4 1 3 0 2 - 57 2 - 63
    6 Danf 2 4 1 3 0 5 - 46 7 - 65

S.H.L. Group B
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Gowran, Dicksboro v Rower Inistioge
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Tullaroan, Fenians v Bennettsbridge
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Ballyragget, St Martin's v James Stephens

1 Dksb 6 4 3 1 0 6 - 59 5 - 44
    2 JmSt 5 4 2 1 1 6 - 61 2 - 62
    3 StMr 5 4 2 1 1 8 - 49 2 - 61
    4 Bnbr 3 4 1 2 1 6 - 60 8 - 57
    5 RoIn 3 4 1 2 1 1 - 51 4 - 47
    6 Fenn 2 4 1 3 0 3 - 55 9 - 64

I.H.L. Group A
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 2 00 PM John Locke Park, St Lachtain's v Carrickshock
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Palmerstown, Lisdowney v Dunnamaggin
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Inistioge, Tullogher Rosbercon v Thomastown

1 Cshk 6 4 3 1 0 3 - 59 4 - 41
    2 TuRs 4 4 2 2 0 5 - 51 3 - 52
    3 Duna 4 4 2 2 0 2 - 58 3 - 56
    4 Thtn 4 4 2 2 0 4 - 57 3 - 68
    5 StLc 4 4 2 2 0 2 - 53 3 - 62
    6 Lisd 2 4 1 3 0 3 - 58 3 - 57

I.H.L. Group B
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Dr Tierney Park, Glenmore v Young Irelands
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Johnstown, Tullaroan v St. Patrick's
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Clara, Graigue Ballycallan v Conahy Shamrocks

1 Tulr 8 4 4 0 0 9 - 73 5 - 51
    2 Glen 6 4 3 1 0 2 - 64 2 - 53
    3 GrBC 4 4 2 2 0 3 - 56 2 - 68
    4 StPt 4 4 2 2 0 3 - 66 2 - 58
    5 YnIr 2 4 1 3 0 3 - 57 6 - 61
    6 CnSh 0 4 0 4 0 4 - 41 7 - 66

My predictions in bold
    Upcoming club fixtures on Saturday 17th

S.H.L. Group A
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Thomastown, O'Loughlin Gaels v Ballyhale Shamrocks -O'Loughlins
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Freshford, Clara v Danesfort -Danesfort
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Tom Ryall Park, Erins Own v Mullinavat -Erins Own

1 BaSh 6 4 3 1 0 6 - 66 7 - 43 OLG=8
    2 O'LG 6 4 3 1 0 7 - 56 3 - 50 BaSh=6
    3 ErOn 4 4 2 2 0 4 - 51 5 - 43 ErOn=6
    4 Mulv 4 4 2 2 0 8 - 49 8 - 61 Mulv=4
    5 Clara 2 4 1 3 0 2 - 57 2 - 63 Danf=4
    6 Danf 2 4 1 3 0 5 - 46 7 - 65 Clara=2

S.H.L. Group B
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Gowran, Dicksboro v Rower Inistioge -Dicksboro
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Tullaroan, Fenians v Bennettsbridge -Draw
    Rd 5 5 00 PM Ballyragget, St Martin's v James Stephens -James Stephens

1 Dksb 6 4 3 1 0 6 - 59 5 - 44 Dksb=8
    2 JmSt 5 4 2 1 1 6 - 61 2 - 62 JmSt=7
    3 StMr 5 4 2 1 1 8 - 49 2 - 61 Bnbr=5
    4 Bnbr 3 4 1 2 1 6 - 60 8 - 57 StMr=4
    5 RoIn 3 4 1 2 1 1 - 51 4 - 47 RoIn=4
    6 Fenn 2 4 1 3 0 3 - 55 9 - 64 Feni=3

I.H.L. Group A
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 2 00 PM John Locke Park, St Lachtain's v Carrickshock -Carrickshock
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Palmerstown, Lisdowney v Dunnamaggin -Dunnamaggin
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Inistioge, Tullogher Rosbercon v Thomastown -Tullogher

1 Cshk 6 4 3 1 0 3 - 59 4 - 41 Cshk=8
    2 TuRs 4 4 2 2 0 5 - 51 3 - 52 TuRs=6
    3 Duna 4 4 2 2 0 2 - 58 3 - 56 Duna=6
    4 Thtn 4 4 2 2 0 4 - 57 3 - 68 Thtn=4
    5 StLc 4 4 2 2 0 2 - 53 3 - 62 StLc=4
    6 Lisd 2 4 1 3 0 3 - 58 3 - 57 Lisd=2

I.H.L. Group B
    Round Venue
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Dr Tierney Park, Glenmore v Young Irelands -Glenmore
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Johnstown, Tullaroan v St. Patrick's -Tullaroan
    Rd 5 2 00 PM Clara, Graigue Ballycallan v Conahy Shamrocks -GraigueBC

1 Tulr 8 4 4 0 0 9 - 73 5 - 51 Tulr=10
    2 Glen 6 4 3 1 0 2 - 64 2 - 53 Glen=8
    3 GrBC 4 4 2 2 0 3 - 56 2 - 68 GrBC=6
    4 StPt 4 4 2 2 0 3 - 66 2 - 58 StPt=4
    5 YnIr 2 4 1 3 0 3 - 57 6 - 61 YnIr=2
    6 CnSh 0 4 0 4 0 4 - 41 7 - 66 CnSh=0

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

Does Eddie Brennan still line out for his club, now that he is the u21 manager, or did he pack it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

You docked Martins a point for losing. Harsh.

Is it done on head to head or score difference if points are level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Head to head first followed by score difference.

• Advertisement

You docked Martins a point for losing. Harsh.

Is it done on head to head or score difference if points are level?

Very true, sorry a typo a sure them Muckalee lads need to be taken down a peg or two anyways.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Provisional fixtures for the National League 2017:

Round 1 Sunday 12th Feb KK V Waterford

Round 2 Sunday 19th Feb Clare V KK

Round 3 Sunday 5th March KK V Cork

Round 4 Saturday 11th March Tipp V KK

Round 5 Sunday 26th March Dublin V KK

All in all, 2 at home and 3 away games with 1 on Saturday evening under lights in Thurles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Howdy folks.

Anyone know where I'd be able to find the full Sunday Game broadcasts (both the live broadcast and the evening show) of the 2007, 2008 and 2011 AI finals? I've been able to find the games on You Tube, but they only go from throw in, to final whistle. They don't have the pre and post game coverage, or if they do, it's just a few minutes. I haven't been able to find anything of the evening shows, on either You Tube or on the GAA & RTE websites.

Wouldn't mind getting the 2012, 2014, 2015 Up For Matches too, but they aren't as important.

Am asking for an elderly KK friend who is going in to hospital for an extended period of time. Ta.

Not sure. Did you contact RTE although they'd probably charge you!!!!

Not sure. Did you contact RTE although they'd probably charge you!!!!

No, not yet. I'm hoping to find it on the interweb. You Tube has a lot of stuff, but there is no rhyme or reason as to what is put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Hopefully that handshake is confined to history. If it persists it should be known as the loony handshake kinda after its inventor.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

No, not yet. I'm hoping to find it on the interweb. You Tube has a lot of stuff, but there is no rhyme or reason as to what is put up.

thats cause its different people putting up different video utube dont put up videos themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Michael Kavanagh

Would that crowd sideline that put all the championship together on dvd I think they are part of the rte archive.

audi12 wrote: »
    thats cause its different people putting up different video utube dont put up videos themselves.

Yeah, I know how You Tube works. I was just hoping someone might know of a specific body, organization or channel that has put up the footage I am looking for. This crowd ( https://www.youtube.com/user/GaelicGames2012 ) have everything that I need for 2012, but for whatever reason, '07, '08 & '11 is in short supply.

Contacting RTE is a last resort, as I'm hoping to find it on the internet first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yeah, I know how You Tube works. I was just hoping someone might know of a specific body, organization or channel that has put up the footage I am looking for. This crowd ( https://www.youtube.com/user/GaelicGames2012 ) have everything that I need for 2012, but for whatever reason, '07, '08 & '11 is in short supply.

Contacting RTE is a last resort, as I'm hoping to find it on the internet first.

Think you will have to pay if you want RTE archive footage. I remember reading that a football club asked RTE for any archive footage for a DVD and got a quote in excess of €10000

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Looking forward to the Club hurling this evening, should be some decent games.

I'd imagine for most teams in Group A, it'll be a preparatory exercise for what is to come over the next few weeks, they're isn't a huge amount to play for other than small positional swaps and for that reason i'd expect that any players suffering from knocks or small injuries etc are going to be left out and held back till Championship kicks off over the next few weeks.

The other group throws up a few more interesting battles as there is still plenty to play for-

Fenians vs The Bridge

This is an all important relegation showdown with both teams knowing a win and results going their way elsewhere would see them out of the bottom two for the year. I suppose on paper the Bridge would have to be favorites, they have Rob Lennon anchoring the defence, Liam Blanchfield usually operating at full forward and the promising Sean Morrissey floating around the half forward line. Jason Cleere and Enda Morrissey are both very good operators around the backline as well. However, the Fenians are the Fenians and they relish days like this, obviously JJ Delaney is still a massive player for them, PJ Ryan was injured the last few games and I don't know his situation but he is a massive loss if not available in the goal. Willie Brennan can be very effective for Fenians and they'll need the likes of him and Conor Tobin to step up big time if they're to escape the clutches of relegation for another year. You'd have to like the look of the Bridge but as always, there is something about the Fenians.

Rower vs The Boro

The Boro know that win lose or draw they are definitely in the top 2, and while i'm sure they'd love a league final, in the larger scheme of things this game is all about fine tuning for championship. They've got a very good mix of youth and experience and Mulrooney and Mickey Walsh have really had them flying for most of the year. Evan Cody at fullback is strong and quick and consistently good for them, in the halfback line Conor Doheny is a classy hurler and obviously Buckley beside him can dominate a game at this level. Their midfield and forwards have operated very well all year, Ollie Walsh was flying it in earlier rounds as was Paul O'Flynn, Andy Gaffney is a serious sharp shooter and Stephen Farrell at CF can catch fire on any given day. The Rower on the other hand started this year fairly slow, they have Kieran Joyce at CB and most of the guys around have been chopped and changed so far this year. Richie Leahy is obviously an extreme talent but hasn't yet found that consistency you'd want from your players. The Rowers main problem is they haven't really found that scoring touch yet, they need the likes of Michael Grace to really get scoring and bring some of the younger lads around him into the game. Still though the Rower need a result a lot more than the Boro and sometimes its hard to overlook that desperation.

Village vs Martins

A shootout to see which team can avoid hurling first round of the championship next weekend, I'd expect this to be a good game. The Village have been a bit hot and cold this year, drawing with the Bridge, losing to the Boro and beating the Rower and Fenians. They did win the Byrne cup a few weeks back, and in fairness it was a much better competition this year than it had been in recent years. However, it is not a litmus test for whats to come. The Village will be hopeful for big performances from Jackie, young Cody and obviously Eoin Larkin, but the likes of Matthew Ruth and Tomas Keogh both have big roles at opposite ends of the pitch too. Luke Scanlon is another guy we could really see shine for the Stephens this year aswell. Martins will be relatively pleased with their year up to now, they're a tough team and John Maher is a serious scoring threat, Tom Breen is hurling brilliant stuff all year too and the young midfield of Coady and Kinsella are fast and skilful hurlers. They're probably a bit young yet to go far this year but they should certainly have a good game against the other Red and Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Comprehensive win for the Bridge. Played some lovely hurling. Jason Cleere dominant centre back and surely has to get a few runs in next years league.
    Kevin Blanchfield, Aidan Cleere excellent too and Liam Blanchfield proved a real handful for JJ.
    Fenians were very poor. 40 mins in before they got a score from play.
    They've been on the edge for a good few years but if they stay up this year it'd be their greatest houdini act!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

Tullaroan look the class act at Intermediate level, having a surprisingly easy win over Ballyragget for whom Kevin Kelly did not play but Tommy Walsh or Martin Keoghan did not start for Tullaroan either. In the other five matches at this level, the winning margin was two points or less. Eoin Murphy and Ger Aylward were not listed to start for Glenmore. At senior level, you would think that the relegation play off will be between Fenians and Danesfort with the latter favourites to survive. Fenians were poor against Bennettsbridge and don't seem to have good enough forwards. JJ Delaney made a few trademark catches but he couldn't stop the tide. The Bridge look to have a few tidy hurlers but the Fenians probably made them look better than they are. The senior championship looks to be wide open. My ranking would be Shamrocks, O'Loughlins, Clara, Dicksboro, Stephens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

kksaints wrote: »
    Think you will have to pay if you want RTE archive footage. I remember reading that a football club asked RTE for any archive footage for a DVD and got a quote in excess of €10000

RTE will charge you through the bollix for archival footage that you intend to use for broadcast etc. Which is a nerve considering that they are a public service broadcaster, I dunno if theres a workaround for private viewing.

I often wondered if someone hit them with request for copies under the FOI act how that might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Muckalee full value for 5 point win against James Stephens were atrocious after a very bright start. Village finish only one point above relegation zone. Outside of luke hickey jackie tyrell and Matt ruth they were terrible. Muckalee were excellent worked the ball around very well and got some great scores in chief through Shane Kinsella tom breen and paul maher who was a constant thorn in the village side. Muckalee will trouble any side in qtr final.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

The football matches are at 11.00 in the morning... What's the problem?

And Kilkenny Camogie is a different association and they have their own website.. Again, what's the problem?

HUGE WELL DONE TO THE KILKENNY SENIOR AND INTERMEDIATE CAMOGIE TEAMS.
    they deserve every compliment and recognition they get for their ALL-IRELAND victories, both team and managements. The GAA fans in the county are proud of your achievements.

Comments above from JJLH is typical of a chauvinist who pretends to be a Kilkenny GAA fan. How many were at "your" football match JJLH? Only one semi went ahead, so if you are a "real" fan you would have been there, wouldn't you... One team withdrew, they so happened to have two players involved in the intermediate final at 2pm and 2 more in the senior. Bearing in mind the earliest the football match would have been over without extra time and the travel time to get to Croke Park from Ballyhale. Then again you were never at the minor hurling final when Kilkenny were in it either were you.. Your knowledge is gleaned in Quinns or the Big Tree or simliar establishment.

Of course with the biggest crowd at a Camogie All-Ireland final since the 1930's and the biggest EVER TV audience for a Camogie All-Ireland final, the real insult was for the footballers and the competition itself. The county board issued a directive that NO matches should go ahead on the Sunday of the Camogie All-Ireland finals when Kilkenny were historically involved in both finals, yet the football board fixed the two Intermediate semi finals for that date. The girls deserved better respect from the football board and the footballers in the county certainly deserved better respect from the football board. Sadly only the real GAA fans of Kilkenny will care that this happened. It is a scandal that will go unmentioned until the minors footballers are "thrashed" again. Then we'll see all the experts pop out of the woodwork again. To fix those games for that date is huge issue as it highlights the problems for football, but very few care. Even the clubs involved didn't care enough to make an issue of it.

Btw, It is true the Camogie is a different association, but it is also true the mission of both and also the ladies football and handball are all the same.

• Advertisement

Eh, what?

Amazing what you've learned about me from that 2 line post.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Muckalee full value for 5 point win against James Stephens were atrocious after a very bright start. Village finish only one point above relegation zone. Outside of luke hickey jackie tyrell and Matt ruth they were terrible. Muckalee were excellent worked the ball around very well and got some great scores in chief through Shane Kinsella tom breen and paul maher who was a constant thorn in the village side. Muckalee will trouble any side in qtr final.

Anybody on the St Martins team worth looking at for the county team, in my experience they were always one of the hardest teams you could play against, but could really hurl too, but their players always seem to struggle to fit in with the county scene for some reason, last and I think only one to make it in the recent past is Eamon Morrissey even tho their club team has been consistently string for the last 30 years or so

Not really. All our players are in their mid to late 20s. Tom Breen is probably our best player and he's been in and out of the panel already. Brian Coady was with the minors this year so hopefully he continues to progress. Paul Maher hit around 1-5 from full forward on Saturday. I doubt there was many in the parish that had any expectations this year so to top the group is fantastic.

Not really. All our players are in their mid to late 20s. Tom Breen is probably our best player and he's been in and out of the panel already. Brian Coady was with the minors this year so hopefully he continues to progress. Paul Maher hit around 1-5 from full forward on Saturday. I doubt there was many in the parish that had any expectations this year so to top the group is fantastic.
    Tbh I thought that Martin's might be in a relegation battle this year but they have played consistently well. Any reason for their turnaround in for.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭davidx40

Disgraceful carry on by Dunnamaggin gaa weekend refused to play minor fixture , never had decency to notify opponents, ref and opponents turned up, ref through in ball they scored match over , county board are livid with there behaviour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

blackcard wrote: »
    Tbh I thought that Martin's might be in a relegation battle this year but they have played consistently well. Any reason for their turnaround in for.?

Who's training Martin's this year? Great league campaign by them to top the group. Always have some excellent club players down through the years. John Maher is as good a hurler as you'd have in any club. The Mahers, Nolans, Shores, Breens are teak tough and can mix it too.

Liam Dowling is in charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Liam Dowling is in charge

Thanks, good appointment to be fair. Good hurler in his day too. He was over Danesfort last year I think?

last 3 years I think

• Advertisement

My predictions for the weekend.
    James Stephens v Comer. Even though James Stephens have been struggling recently, they should still have too much enough to beat a Comer team that doesn't have great scoring power.
    Mullinavat v Bennettsbridge. Mullinavat have the edge in experience. It will be interesting to see who the Bridge deploy to mark John Walsh as this match up could determine the winners. Bridge to scrape home by 2
    Clara v Fenians. Only going to be one winner here. Fenians were poor against Bennettsbridge,Clara will be there at the business end of the Championship. Clara by 10.
    Rower v Danesfort. Amazed to see the Rower in the regulation play offs after winning their first match. In a fiercely contested match, Richie Hogan to see Danesfort home by 1.
    Ballyhale v Martin's. Martin's have been the surprise packet this year but the league table doesn't lie. Still, I think Ballyhale will win by 5.
    Dicksboro v O'Loughlins. These clubs are dominating at underage level and could be the biggest rivals in years to come. O'Loughlins to prevail by 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement