Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Just looking the match this sunday we always find it difficult down in ennis and they have some class hurlers but it's unlikely tony kelly will play and conor mgrath and a few more of their key players are either injured or recovering from injury we really have to get two points
    I also think clare are aiming for the summer and getting their key men right because they won the league last year and couldn't progress come championship time where as cork look like they've a lot of work done and the league is more important.
    For ourselves disappointed to lose at home but it's the first day out of the league and this is a very good waterford side who were better on the day.like every year we'll improve as it moves along and the goals will also come.
    This league should be used to try bed in young players on the panel and if we can get 3 or 4 players and stay up I'd be happy.lyng done well yesterday and leahy got on a few balls but he looks very light he probably needs another year or two,hopefully we see scanlon and john walsh in the coming weeks but there probably suited to hard summer ground.
    I read a interview with coady today and he said that he won't have any of the injured players back next wknd kevin kelly,colin,ger and obviously lester for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

blackcard wrote: »
    After years where ex kk players had no media involvement, there is now a flood of players involved. David Herity, Michael Kavanagh, JJ Delaney, Jackie Tyrrell, Brian Hogan, Henry Shefflin, Eddie Brennan, Aidan Fogarty spring to mind. Any of that generation likely to get involved in coaching?

Michael Kavanagh has done some work with Christy Ring and Nicky Rackard teams, Eddie is over the under 21s, apart from that I dont think the others are involved but they are mostly mid 30s so plenty of time yet.

brookville wrote: »
    Just looking the match this sunday we always find it difficult down in ennis and they have some class hurlers but it's unlikely tony kelly will play and conor mgrath and a few more of their key players are either injured or recovering from injury we really have to get two points
    I also think clare are aiming for the summer and getting their key men right because they won the league last year and couldn't progress come championship time where as cork look like they've a lot of work done and the league is more important.
    For ourselves disappointed to lose at home but it's the first day out of the league and this is a very good waterford side who were better on the day.like every year we'll improve as it moves along and the goals will also come.
    This league should be used to try bed in young players on the panel and if we can get 3 or 4 players and stay up I'd be happy.lyng done well yesterday and leahy got on a few balls but he looks very light he probably needs another year or two,hopefully we see scanlon and john walsh in the coming weeks but there probably suited to hard summer ground.
    I read a interview with coady today and he said that he won't have any of the injured players back next wknd kevin kelly,colin,ger and obviously lester for a few weeks

For Sunday I believe Colm Galvin, who is a class hurler is out.

Topcat32 wrote: »

Love watching galvin,kelly and mgrath when their on song

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

More like rugby than hurling last week.Interesting that waterford stayed along time in the dressing room at half time.then they came out and played the sweeper for the second half.which way will mc grath go vome championship or will he go defensive when they have a lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

Topcat32 wrote: »

Love watching galvin,kelly and mgrath when their on song
    Be very interesting to see how Clare go without Davy, hope they are allowed play to their potential

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Disappointing, but we nearly got relegated 2 years ago and still won the Championship.

I'm not saying the League doesn't matter, of course it does, but it's not always an omen of what's in store for the season.

We go again.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Disappointing, but we nearly got relegated 2 years ago and still won the Championship.

I'm not saying the League doesn't matter, of course it does, but it's not always an omen of what's in store for the season.

We go again.

Galway were relegated and only ended up losing by a point to tipp in the semi final,I'd prefer to see lads tried and staying up than winning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Village87

IMO last Sundays game was won by a Waterford team gaining experience and confidence in winning. They are hard to beat in the system they play, seem to copy Kilkennys system of bring back the half forward line to congest the middle with work rate and winning hard ball, therefore freeing up the full forward line with space.

Good showing by TJ & Eoin Murphy after that we were in trouble. half back line and midfield played a big part in the forwards poor showing, distribution was awful, to slow on the balland a lot of mistakes.

Joyce, Murphy ,Buckley & Fogarty are very slow on the ball seem to have trouble clearing it, and so many mistakes and turnovers. There skill level seems to me to be a lot slower that Padraig Walsh, Tommy Walsh and JJ Delaney, Cha etc when playing out the field.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

Faugheen wrote: »

We go again.

Galway were relegated and only ended up losing by a point to tipp in the semi final,I'd prefer to see lads tried and staying up  than winning it
    I'd prefer to Win it.

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to Win it.

There is the example of 2013 where we won it, playing a pretty full team in a good few very physical matches and then were completely flat in the summer. I think the league has very little baring on the summer and trying new formations and new players is the most important thing. Still nice to win the secondary national competition tho. I know that Michael Fennelly said last year that it was difficult for teams to try to reach peak performance both in the february and march period and then again from mid June to September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭redlead

The first game of the league means pretty much nothing when it comes to championship performance. I would say that it looks like Cody is taking the league more seriously this year than last. Kilkenny looked like a team that hadn't even had a training session for the first game last year where as they seemed a lot sharper and fitter at the weekend (in comparison).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Dublin bankers to go down beat clare next Sunday and you end up in 1/4 finals anyway .probably against galway. we won't win many games in the league very reliant on tj.is p walsh being reprimanded for his poor defensive display in the all Ireland. he drove forward and abandoned his defence. interesting that a all star wing back is not being played in his best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think the loss against Waterford was only the 9th loss that KK have had in Nowlan Park since Cody has been in charge.

Played 66, Won 55, Drawn 2, Lost 9.
    83% win ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I think the loss against Waterford was only the 9th loss that KK have had in Nowlan Park since Cody has been in charge.

Played 66, Won 55, Drawn 2, Lost 9.
    83% win ratio.

That's some record. Do you know how many championship games we've played there? Presume it's only a handful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭letowski

Topcat32 wrote:

Yeah played a full game for Mary I today, but unfortunately for us we wont be seeing him for the forseeable future.

Were making the transition from Davys rigid, systematic defensive game plan to a more open attacking brand of hurling under the new management. Its going to take time so were not expecting a huge amount during spring. I think this weekends game should be entertaining anyway, both teams will try to play positively, even if the touch/striking is off.

Kinda thinking of it there, I think both counties are not showing much focus in the league, placing more importance on developing their game and new players. I cant see anything other than a Tipp v Waterford final atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ttowncat

From today's independent by colm keys:

Cats in line of fire as rivals hit back
    Kilkenny feel brunt as they get a taste of their own medicine in physicality stakes

The sight of Kilkenny hurlers being lifted onto stretchers and off pitches, or being treated by medics, has become a strangely familiar one.

Pat Lyng became the latest wounded in the call of duty. A relative newcomer at this level, Lyng left himself too unprotected as he sought to lift a ball and turn in the 55th minute.
    With the lift going higher than Lyng would have wanted, it invited a crunching collision from Waterford substitute Stephen Daniels, who was already committed and was never going to compromise. Lyng felt the full impact to the head/neck area and played no further part.

Beside him, his manager Brian Cody scarcely flinched, turning to the business of discussing a potential replacement.
    Daniels picked up just a yellow card. Had a similar challenge been made in a football match it would, in all probability, have merited red but that's another story.

The same organisation overseeing two games with similar fundamentals and no shortage of common denominators on the same pitches, yet policed in such different ways.
    Minutes earlier the same Kilkenny medical team were sprinting to get to Walter Walsh after he had been felled by 'Brick' Walsh.

Again, no intent was obvious, but contact with the head was heavy after Walsh, one of the taller hurlers around, got himself into a lower position where his balance may not have been the best and was smashed.
    Protection on a hurling field is a skill in itself, as Cody observed prior to the 2011 All-Ireland hurling final in one of his many appeals around that time to stop tampering with rules.

"Your skill is your protection, your skill, your positioning, your body, your instinct. That's all the protection you need. Just leave the game alone," cautioned Cody.
    Protection

But what protection mechanism was there for Richie Hogan when he sought to go around Tadhg de Burca down along the sideline but was tackled rugby-style and ushered out over the sideline? For good measure De Burca pushed Hogan in the back just as he was climbing off the turf.
    Bizarrely not even a free was awarded where there surely a case for a yellow card. In football such an offence would merit black.

Hogan did exact some revenge minutes later when he delivered a late challenge on Noel Connors, for which he picked up a yellow.
    Waterford came to Nowlan Park with the attitude that they were not going to be pushed around. For that, Derek McGrath will be delighted as much as any two points.

And they'll be mindful that Maurice Shanahan and Connors both picked up facial injuries from their League match against Kilkenny in Walsh Park 12 months earlier.
    You're more likely to hear more 'schadenfreude' than sympathy for Kilkenny and you certainly won't hear any complaints from within.

After all, Kilkenny teams have been enforcers for long enough, dictating higher terms of physical engagement over the last decade and a half. No doubt, they can give it and take it.

But they've been taking it quite a bit over the last few years, with some stark consequences for some of their players.
    Last year, for instance, Conor Fogarty was forced out of a League match with Pairc Ui Rinn for the second successive year, the victim of a wild swipe.

Twelve months earlier he had limped out of the corresponding game after sustaining a broken bone in the leg that kept him out for 12 weeks.

In the 2016 League campaign a neck-high challenge on TJ Reid by Tipperary's Padraic Maher resulted in a broken hurley and just a yellow card, while a few weeks later newcomer Micheal Malone was only just on the field against Dublin when he, like Lyng last Sunday, was helped off after a heavy-handed challenge.
    Four years earlier Michael Rice had his fingers badly damaged by a wild pull in the All-Ireland semi-final against Tipperary, while Reid had his knee cap shattered in the subsequent All-Ireland final replay against Galway.

Those injuries prompted former GAA president Nicky Brennan, in his Kilkenny People column, to call for much firmer officiating of such incidents.

Injury
    "I accept that neither player went out intentionally to cause the Kilkenny opponent a serious injury, but in the heat of a contest unsavoury incidents sometimes occur which have no place in Gaelic games," he wrote.

"It is simply not good enough to talk about hurling being a man's game and whatever happens on the field being left there. I know that some Kilkenny players have stepped over the line on occasions and were rightly punished for their misdemeanours," he wrote.

The then National Referees chairman Pat McEnaney accepted that detection rates of red card offences were very poor and sought an improvement.
    But when referees tried to police head high challenges with the hurl with red cards it failed its first test when Cork's Patrick Horgan had his punishment rescinded after being sent off in the 2013 Munster final.

For his troubles in trying to clean up the game McEnaney was advised by Ger Loughnane to stick to directing football referees only - the same Loughnane who was first to highlight what he called Kilkenny's "flicking, belting across wrists" in 2007.

The physical stakes have been raised considerably for Kilkenny. Maybe they are now victims of their own past superiority in that particular context.

Opponents are entitled to take that kind of force to them. But just because they have given it over the years doesn't mean that an 'anything goes' approach should be in place for them now.

That's some record. Do you know how many championship games we've played there? Presume it's only a handful?

Championship games in Nowlan Park under Cody... all I can think of is the epic match against Tipp in '13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Championship games in Nowlan Park under Cody... all I can think of is the epic match against Tipp in '13.

2014 v Offaly first game on Sky I think it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dublin bankers to go down beat clare next Sunday and you end up in 1/4 finals anyway .probably against galway. we won't win many games in the league very reliant on tj.is p walsh being reprimanded for his poor defensive display in the all Ireland. he drove forward and abandoned his defence. interesting that a all star wing back is not being played in his best position.

The perception that 2 wins ensures a QF place and safety from relegation is incorrect. Every year since the introduction of the new format at least one of the bottom 2 teams in 1A has had 4 points. Including KK in 2015.

• Advertisement

ttowncat wrote: »
    From today's independent by colm keys:

Cats in line of fire as rivals hit back
    Kilkenny feel brunt as they get a taste of their own medicine in physicality stakes

The sight of Kilkenny hurlers being lifted onto stretchers and off pitches, or being treated by medics, has become a strangely familiar one.

Pat Lyng became the latest wounded in the call of duty. A relative newcomer at this level, Lyng left himself too unprotected as he sought to lift a ball and turn in the 55th minute.
    With the lift going higher than Lyng would have wanted, it invited a crunching collision from Waterford substitute Stephen Daniels, who was already committed and was never going to compromise. Lyng felt the full impact to the head/neck area and played no further part.

Beside him, his manager Brian Cody scarcely flinched, turning to the business of discussing a potential replacement.
    Daniels picked up just a yellow card. Had a similar challenge been made in a football match it would, in all probability, have merited red but that's another story.

The same organisation overseeing two games with similar fundamentals and no shortage of common denominators on the same pitches, yet policed in such different ways.
    Minutes earlier the same Kilkenny medical team were sprinting to get to Walter Walsh after he had been felled by 'Brick' Walsh.

Again, no intent was obvious, but contact with the head was heavy after Walsh, one of the taller hurlers around, got himself into a lower position where his balance may not have been the best and was smashed.
    Protection on a hurling field is a skill in itself, as Cody observed prior to the 2011 All-Ireland hurling final in one of his many appeals around that time to stop tampering with rules.

"Your skill is your protection, your skill, your positioning, your body, your instinct. That's all the protection you need. Just leave the game alone," cautioned Cody.
    Protection

But what protection mechanism was there for Richie Hogan when he sought to go around Tadhg de Burca down along the sideline but was tackled rugby-style and ushered out over the sideline? For good measure De Burca pushed Hogan in the back just as he was climbing off the turf.
    Bizarrely not even a free was awarded where there surely a case for a yellow card. In football such an offence would merit black.

Hogan did exact some revenge minutes later when he delivered a late challenge on Noel Connors, for which he picked up a yellow.
    Waterford came to Nowlan Park with the attitude that they were not going to be pushed around. For that, Derek McGrath will be delighted as much as any two points.

And they'll be mindful that Maurice Shanahan and Connors both picked up facial injuries from their League match against Kilkenny in Walsh Park 12 months earlier.
    You're more likely to hear more 'schadenfreude' than sympathy for Kilkenny and you certainly won't hear any complaints from within.

After all, Kilkenny teams have been enforcers for long enough, dictating higher terms of physical engagement over the last decade and a half. No doubt, they can give it and take it.

But they've been taking it quite a bit over the last few years, with some stark consequences for some of their players.
    Last year, for instance, Conor Fogarty was forced out of a League match with Pairc Ui Rinn for the second successive year, the victim of a wild swipe.

Twelve months earlier he had limped out of the corresponding game after sustaining a broken bone in the leg that kept him out for 12 weeks.

In the 2016 League campaign a neck-high challenge on TJ Reid by Tipperary's Padraic Maher resulted in a broken hurley and just a yellow card, while a few weeks later newcomer Micheal Malone was only just on the field against Dublin when he, like Lyng last Sunday, was helped off after a heavy-handed challenge.
    Four years earlier Michael Rice had his fingers badly damaged by a wild pull in the All-Ireland semi-final against Tipperary, while Reid had his knee cap shattered in the subsequent All-Ireland final replay against Galway.

Those injuries prompted former GAA president Nicky Brennan, in his Kilkenny People column, to call for much firmer officiating of such incidents.

Injury
    "I accept that neither player went out intentionally to cause the Kilkenny opponent a serious injury, but in the heat of a contest unsavoury incidents sometimes occur which have no place in Gaelic games," he wrote.

"It is simply not good enough to talk about hurling being a man's game and whatever happens on the field being left there. I know that some Kilkenny players have stepped over the line on occasions and were rightly punished for their misdemeanours," he wrote.

The then National Referees chairman Pat McEnaney accepted that detection rates of red card offences were very poor and sought an improvement.
    But when referees tried to police head high challenges with the hurl with red cards it failed its first test when Cork's Patrick Horgan had his punishment rescinded after being sent off in the 2013 Munster final.

For his troubles in trying to clean up the game McEnaney was advised by Ger Loughnane to stick to directing football referees only - the same Loughnane who was first to highlight what he called Kilkenny's "flicking, belting across wrists" in 2007.

The physical stakes have been raised considerably for Kilkenny. Maybe they are now victims of their own past superiority in that particular context.

Opponents are entitled to take that kind of force to them. But just because they have given it over the years doesn't mean that an 'anything goes' approach should be in place for them now.

I love the way this is presented as though all the injuries to KK players over the last couple of years is just balancing, giving it and taking it, yet while he can list a litany of major injuries to Kilkenny players due to wild swipes, pulls, and hits, he doesn't manage to find a single example of a major injury caused by Kilkenny's supposed physicality. Yet the overwhelming tone is that our team is somehow reaping what it sowed.

EDIT: thought he had left out Michael Rice. He hadn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Michael Kavanagh

robwen wrote: »
    Wexford 2015, they also played Dublin the early naoughties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Michael Kavanagh

KevIRL wrote: »
    The perception that 2 wins ensures a QF place and safety from relegation is incorrect. Every year since the introduction of the new format at least one of the bottom 2 teams in 1A has had 4 points. Including KK in 2015.
    Does it not go on scoring averages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I love the way this is presented as though all the injuries to KK players over the last couple of years is just balancing, giving it and taking it, yet while he can list a litany of major injuries to Kilkenny players due to wild swipes, pulls, and hits, he doesn't manage to find a single example of a major injury caused by Kilkenny's supposed physicality. Yet the overwhelming tone is that our team is somehow reaping what it sowed.

EDIT: thought he had left out Michael Rice. He hadn't.

I read it the exact opposite way, as though he was saying Kilkenny are being unjustly targeted which equally I don't think is the case.

Even his description of the incidents on Sunday seems pretty skewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I read it the exact opposite way, as though he was saying Kilkenny are being unjustly targeted which equally I don't think is the case.

To be perfectly honest that's how I read it as well but just to add Keys knows about as much about hurling as Donald Trump does about political correctness, and the independent continues to become more of a rag day by day.

Look everyone enjoys a good shoulder to shoulder hop to hip.but wid pulls and head high tackles (coen on colin fennelly for example)have to be severly punished by the ref.provided no serious injury to.pat lyng games like sunday will stand to him.people wtiting us off again after one gsme makes me laugh.

Bloody smart phones spelling all over the place

robwen wrote: »
    Wexford 2015, they also played Dublin the early naoughties.

Jesus my memory is going since I didn't remember those matches....
    And I was actually at the Offaly (town end terrace) and Wexford (O'Loughlins end terrace) matches :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

danganabu wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest that's how I read it as well but just to add Keys knows about as much about hurling as Donald Trump does about political correctness, and the independent continues to become more of a rag day by day.

Yea I read it like that as well. I do think Kilkenny games are reffed differently than other games but we've benefitted from that over the years (not refereeing decisions themselves but more so letting the game become a battle).

Regardless of this, just a note on our fans attitude to referees: this booing in the crowd when we don't get a decision is pathetic. I hate it, it's childish and achieves nothing.

Well I'm not going to go into a close reading of it anyway, interesting we could come away from it with two opposite readings. As for Sunday, I thought the rugby tackle was a hilariously bad mistake from the referee, and I'm sure he'll have to answer for ignoring it, but it would be naive to think KK weren't sailing very close to the wind at times as well. Both teams seemed more interested at times in getting into rows than in hurling ball. It probably contributed to what a poor match it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

It was a great game for February, loved it (Clare supporter here)

Yea I read it like that as well. I do think Kilkenny games are reffed differently than other games but we've benefitted from that over the years (not refereeing decisions themselves but more so letting the game become a battle).

Regardless of this, just a note on our fans attitude to referees: this booing in the crowd when we don't get a decision is pathetic. I hate it, it's childish and achieves nothing.
    Yeah we've been bad for this the last couple of years, feels like it's nearly every match at this stage, and even the most minor decision (that a later look on TV usually reveals to have been correct anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Maybe I'm biased, but while Kilkenny certainly upped the physicality in the last decade, other teams sometimes cross the line trying to match it, Paudie Maher's swipes on Rice and TJ are two examples, Cyril Donnelan in the 2012 All Ireland, Gerry Quinn going back a bit further as well as Waterford's approach Sunday.
    As a previous poster said, I don't remember too many opposition players having to leave the field injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Well I'm not going to go into a close reading of it anyway, interesting we could come away from it with two opposite readings. As for Sunday, I thought the rugby tackle was a hilariously bad mistake from the referee, and I'm sure he'll have to answer for ignoring it, but it would be naive to think KK weren't sailing very close to the wind at times as well. Both teams seemed more interested at times in getting into rows than in hurling ball. It probably contributed to what a poor match it was.

I'm surprised DeBurcas tackle didn't get more of a reaction here. It was a blatant yellow and if I'm not mistaken would've been his second. His sending off that early in the second half would've lead to an entirely different outcome. Bar that howler Horgan did alright imo.
    As regards the booing particularly prior to the second half, I don't condone it but I think people were so cold they were getting pissed off waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

citykat wrote: »
    I'm surprised DeBurcas tackle didn't get more of a reaction here. It was a blatant yellow and if I'm not mistaken would've been his second. His sending off that early in the second half would've lead to an entirely different outcome. Bar that howler Horgan did alright imo.
    As regards the booing particularly prior to the second half, I don't condone it but I think people were so cold they were getting pissed off waiting.

Didn't really think it was a yellow card myself, a blatant free alright but christ it was a push where we fell and lost his balance and took Hogan down with him. Like if we were to give a yellow card for everything foul like that how many red cards would you have in a match?

Daniels and Richie Hogan could have been sent off though. But I'd agree, thought the ref had a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Daniels and Richie Hogan could have been sent off though. But I'd agree, thought the ref had a good game.

Wouldn't agree on Daniels. It was reckless but i think he went to shoulder him. The yellow was fair. As for Richie, ffs. The size of Connors. He must've been embarrassed with that effort at a dive.

lol booing because they were cold and Connors took a dive, good to see you got a new pair of blinkers for the new season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

I read somewhere today that Liam Blanchfield has a broken jaw, does anyone know if this is correct?

I read somewhere today that Liam Blanchfield has a broken jaw, does anyone know if this is correct?

I posted about it there on the Waterford thread, heard the same but second hand so not sure how true it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

I posted about it there on the Waterford thread, heard the same but second hand so not sure how true it is.
    Yeah that actually could have been where I seen it, I remember him going down near the end of the game on Sunday but nobody seemed to know what happened, hopefully it's not as bad as that anyway and he'll be back hurling soon

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

To me it looked like Daniels and Lyng clashed knees, Lyng went down holding his knee immediately - not as keys describes at all ..

To be fair that is a very serious accusation to post if you are not sure how true it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

What needs to happen is clamp down on the arm tackles..

Great win for Carlow IT. Chris Bolger scored the 4th goal. I believe that Kevin Kelly started.

DJ might be in demand after this.

JesusRef wrote: »
    To be fair that is a very serious accusation to post if you are not sure how true it is.

No accusation at all, merely repeated what I had been told, clearly stated that it was second hand info and that I wasn't certain how true it was, if you have a different version I'm all ears.

• Advertisement

No accusation at all, merely repeated what I had been told, clearly stated that it was second hand info and that I wasn't certain how true it was, if you have a different version I'm all ears.

Not saying there is a different version.

Saying a player broke another players jaw on a hurling field is a very serious thing to say. It can really drag a players name in to the dirt, to make mention of it at all you would really want to be sure it is true.

I just dont see why you would post it at all if as you said you have no idea whatsoever if it is true or not... not great at all to be honest

JesusRef wrote: »
    Not saying there is a different version.

Saying a player broke another players jaw on a hurling field is a very serious thing to say. It can really drag a players name in to the dirt, to make mention of it at all you would really want to be sure it is true.

I just dont see why you would post it at all if as you said you have no idea whatsoever if it is true or not... not great at all to be honest

Apologies if I caused any offence, wasn't meant to be stated as fact was merely asking the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Great and unexpected win for DJ and IT Carlow earlier. Bolger with a 'sublime' goal according to the college's twitter page.

UCD beaten by 7, LIT got a goal in the last minute but was pretty close all through, Luke Scanlon got the goal for UCD, good to see a few Kilkenny players scoring goals after last weekend.

Delighted for dj great achievement for carlow with no big superstars.i thought dj could of got involved with the minors or u21s
    I noticed brian troy from emeralds full back on the ul team it's a fair achievement considering the inter county players on their team.I remember he struggled to make the u21 team 2 years ago.what's he like now?
    Kevin kelly played about 40 mins today while chris bolger got 1-1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement