Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Cheers, thanks. My Mam is the one asking. She has Saor View and a free to air box. She said she can't find it.
    Thanks a mill

It's not on a free to air channel. You have to have a subscription to one of the cable company providers to get the eir channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It's not on a free to air channel. You have to have a subscription to one of the cable company providers to get the eir channels.

Its fee with Eir Broadband.

jm08 wrote: »
    Its fee with Eir Broadband.

Yeah, I get it free too, because I am a paying Eir customer too. That is what I mean. You have to have a subscription with someone to get it. It's not on the free view platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Moving Walter to the half-forward line has worked wonders for Kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

listening to it on KCLR, it sounds frantic. Tipp not having it all their own way. Poor wides could be the deciding factor of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

Terrific game to watch. Draw a fair result in the end, Kilkenny's intensity was 100% better than previous league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

delighted to hear about Kilkenny's performance, some BS talk about how Tipp were going to cruise it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

delighted to hear about Kilkenny's performance, some BS talk about how Tipp were going to cruise it tonight.

cracker of a game , the talk of kilkenny finished has been blown out of the water tonight , especially on the second half performance , serious pace to the game for this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Great game to watch thought our midfield were great - Tipp definitely closer to full strength than we were

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

That shut me up anyway. Said that Tipp would hammer us. That result should give the squad alot of confidence going ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

TJ Reid will attract all the attention understandably, but Buckley was outstanding i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Listened to it KCLR also. Draw a fair result. Dug deep and came back in the 2nd half. Buckley, according to the radio was excellent as well as T.J. and Richie Hogan hit 4pts in the 2nd half.

Defence played well after a couple of early errors. I think Shane P went to wing half and Cleere played in the centre. Forwardsstoppedthe early dominance of Ronan and Padraic Maher.

Padraig Walsh and Conor O'Se played solidly in the full back line.

Great boost in preparation for the visit to Parnell Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Great draw. Didn't think it possible. Tipp still bring out the best in us . It's rare but we hate losing to them.

Ya feckers !

We've all really enjoyed the last 6 months of writing ye off.

That's gone all to pot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dr. John Zoidberg

Great draw. I really thought they'd put one on us tonight. Very happy with that performance. Great battling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moosey15

Happy enough with that ,only one forward hurled at all in first half ,Buckley was immense as were tj and Richie in second half .colin fennellys finishing though .....

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Great Result. Physiologically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Wow. Great game. Great atmosphere for a league game in March. Championship level intensity at times. Good shows from newbies O'Shea and Cleere at the back. Buckley motm. Best game in a long time. TJ usual excellent performance. Richie made a mug out of one the 'best' full backs in the game. We're still well off our best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Unbelievable stuff I didn't c that coming delighted with the performance.conor of shea done well but buckley was brilliant he offers more going foward than fogarty.deegan covered huge ground if he could improve his striking he could make it.tj and hogan again fantastic and wally done very well when moved out to 11.fair play to both teams for March 15 v 15 great entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Moosey15

Still buzzing ...let there be no doubt that the expectation in tipp (and the media) was for tipp to do to us what we've done to many a team in the past ,i.e. Go for the throats and hammer home superiority.....some of the articles (particularly on social media) in recent times have been downright shameful and disrespectful and it makes tonight unusually satisfying.lots of good things but a lot to work on too ..a good place to be in march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Great game to watch thought our midfield were great - Tipp definitely closer to full strength than we were

tipp had 10 of last years starting 15 and kilkenny had 11 so both teams were about even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

great game... that passage in the 2nd half that went on for 2 or 3 minutes up and down the field was sensational

could've won it, could've lost it

delighted with the fight shown

the touch of the Tipp forwards in the 1st was different level but amazing work ethic from us in the 2nd half

expected the worst so delighted with the result but more so the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 catseye2

Great entertainment

E Murphy one amazing save and no chance for either goal. Best in country
    P Murphy responsible for 2 goals. Marking a great hurler in jmg but got back to even in 2nd half. Falls to ground too easily
    Walsh. Held his own against callinan. Can't do better than that at fb
    O'Shea. Much better than last week. Will be good confidence builder
    Fogarty. Good second half. Looks like this will be his shirt
    Prender. Solid. Played mainly as no. 7 and won his batttle 2nd half with mc Cormac
    Cleere. No obvious mistakes and looked better in the middle
    Buckley. Immense, may need to leave him there
    Deegan. A lot of good work in 2nd half. This game puts him in the frame
    Richie. Hit and miss but never stopped looking for opportunities to create . Once he gets a yard free you can expect the point
    Tj. Got through some worlkload. Critical first goal and keeper never saw either penalty
    Colin. Had a poor one. Didn't get the space he got last week and everyone knows he won't take a shot and when he does..
    Murphy. Very little ball his way in first half but did win us a pen. Will get another chance but prob not in this league
    Blanch. Seem to react too slowly and ff is probably not his spot as seems to need to be out in front. Battled a bit but can do better
    Wally. Has to be in half forward line as he needs to be in the action. Made a big difference . One critical wide but that's what you get
    Maher. Getting minutes based on last year. Had a few chances to show what he could do but didn't pull it off. More yet to come

Great to see them nearly all get 70 minutes. Touch and confidence improved as it went. Roll on Parnell in 2 weeks. Perfectly set up. Win and it's a qf. Lose and it's a relegation match. And if the latter happens, based on tonight, I now think we will be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Why was hawkeye score detection system not i n operation this evening in Thurles. Confusion surrounding the wide given for Cillian Buckley's effort for a point which he looked 100% convinced was a genuine score???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Could Buckley turn into Michael Fennelly ver. 2.0??
    I thought he had a massive impact on the game tonight. Driving forward with the ball and taking scores. Getting stuck in at the back and picking out players with a pass.

Keeping him in midfield looks like it will be a good addition. Likewise Padraig Walsh is doing well at full-back. BUT, that makes our half-back line very weak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Great game all thats good about hurling on show tonite.still we need to find 3 more forwards to go with tj richie and wally.colin shocking alan murphy like a schoolboy blanch in and out.maher nothing when he came on.ger awlyard mick fen and richie reid sitting behind me tonite all injured they said. O shea best game so far cleere good.paul murphy great 2nd half after poor first half.richie is like messi and bucko outstanding.find 1 or 2 and we will give everyone a game.not gone away by a long shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

catseye2 wrote: »
    Great entertainment

E Murphy one amazing save and no chance for either goal. Best in country
    P Murphy responsible for 2 goals. Marking a great hurler in jmg but got back to even in 2nd half. Falls to ground too easily
    Walsh. Held his own against callinan. Can't do better than that at fb
    O'Shea. Much better than last week. Will be good confidence builder
    Fogarty. Good second half. Looks like this will be his shirt
    Prender. Solid. Played mainly as no. 7 and won his batttle 2nd half with mc Cormac
    Cleere. No obvious mistakes and looked better in the middle
    Buckley. Immense, may need to leave him there
    Deegan. A lot of good work in 2nd half. This game puts him in the frame
    Richie. Hit and miss but never stopped looking for opportunities to create . Once he gets a yard free you can expect the point
    Tj. Got through some worlkload. Critical first goal and keeper never saw either penalty
    Colin. Had a poor one. Didn't get the space he got last week and everyone knows he won't take a shot and when he does..
    Murphy. Very little ball his way in first half but did win us a pen. Will get another chance but prob not in this league
    Blanch. Seem to react too slowly and ff is probably not his spot as seems to need to be out in front. Battled a bit but can do better
    Wally. Has to be in half forward line as he needs to be in the action. Made a big difference . One critical wide but that's what you get
    Maher. Getting minutes based on last year. Had a few chances to show what he could do but didn't pull it off. More yet to come

Great to see them nearly all get 70 minutes. Touch and confidence improved as it went. Roll on Parnell in 2 weeks. Perfectly set up. Win and it's a qf. Lose and it's a relegation match. And if the latter happens, based on tonight, I now think we will be ok

I'd agree with nearly everything you said catseye2.

I disagree about Fogarty though. I think he's much more at ease at midfield, and tends to win more ball when in the middle of the park. He seems hampered at half-back when he always has to be conscious of where the player he is making is.

As dangerous as Colin Fennelly was against Cork last week, he was anonymous tonight. Very poor.

If I was a sub on the bench I'd be pretty pissed off because Fennelly and Blanchfield should definitely not have played the full 70. Very little impact.

It was a relief to finally score some goals, but the fact that we only had four scorers (TJ, Richie, Buckley, and Wally) is worrying. On the otherhand all six of Tipp's forwards had scored by the 40th minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Great game all thats good about hurling on show tonite.still we need to find 3 more forwards to go with tj richie and wally.colin shocking alan murphy like a schoolboy blanch in and out.maher nothing when he came on.ger awlyard mick fen and richie reid sitting behind me tonite all injured they said. O shea best game so far cleere good.paul murphy great 2nd half after poor first half.richie is like messi and bucko outstanding.find 1 or 2 and we will give everyone a game.not gone away by a long shot

Colin will start and is a very important player for us, lets not forget last week or more importantly the semi final last year, Richie Leahy was excellent last week, John Walsh flying with the under 21s today, Ger Aylward hopefully will get his fitness back and possibly Mick Fennelly to come back and possibly play Centre Forward, with a bit of luck we may have a very dangerous forward line this year, thats not even mentioning players like Luke Scanlon, Kevin Kelly and John Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Why was hawkeye score detection system not i n operation this evening in Thurles. Confusion surrounding the wide given for Cillian Buckley's effort for a point which he looked 100% convinced was a genuine score???

I was right behind that. It very much looked like a point. I'm not surprised that Buckley protested so much. Also, Tipp had an identical shot (started wide, but came back inside the same post at the same end) given in the second half.

O'Shea had a great game, Cleere was solid again after a slow start, Shane was very good when moved to left half back, Fogarty was solid as usual. Wally really stood up to be counted at times, TJ & Richie were very good again, but Cillian Buckley was absolutely outstanding. Blanch & Colin Fennelly were poor. Blanchfield didn't win or puc a ball all night but at least he won the penalty. Good game from Paddy Deegan, he is an intelligent player but his right side is non-existent. That's a real worry because it makes him very predictable, other teams will spot that very quickly. If he can work on his right side he has good potential.

Add Mick Fennelly, John Walsh, Ger Alyward, Richie Leahy & Lester Ryan into that and suddenly things seem promising. I hope Alan Murphy gets more chances, he didn't have many opportunities to get involved tonight but he is potentially an excellent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

The most optimistic kk supporter I talked to during the week had a 6 point win for Tipp so delighted with the result and the fight shown. TJ and Buckley terrific. Refreshing to see two teams play hurling as it should be played. Full of honest endeavour and man on man contests. Hard to see past Tipp for the AI unless Callinan or John McGrath gets injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

Credit to both teams. Betweeen League and championship, they have produced magnificent encounters over the last 7 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭thelostboys23

Excellent game for the time of year, these games like that are worth a month of training. Great to see 14k at a league game too.

Thought our full back line done well overall but all the tipp full forward line needed was one error or bit of skill and they got the scores like callinan got 2 great points in a few mins in the 2nd half. The same could be said sbout the tipp backs on Richie he was held for large spells yet still got four points. Thats the difference between the standard inter county player and the marquee players.

Overall happy with the performance but although the two goals conceded were disappointing tipp still carved open another couole of goal chances but great to see KK fashion a few themselves.

The half back line were under pressure early but came into it and eventually held their own after cleere and prendergast switched as early on mccormack and tipp numbr 11 (cant remem his name) were well on top at the start.

Did anyone else thing KK were targeting goals as it seemed a coyple of times when a point was on that we were trying to play good ball in to the fullforwards but it just wasnt coming off, be it under hit or intercepted etc. Loved the fact we played more for goals but a few times a point was definitely the better option.

Buckley was my motm he was excellent and cleaned breen out before he went off and deegen after a slow start cane into it has a great engine and got a great hook at the death right in front of cody.

In the forward TJ was tio class and his work rate along with scores is unreal. His three goals were all struck beautiful and for the penaltues although the keeper didnt move there was extreme power in the strikes. Wally was the best of the other forwards, worked hard got a few great scores but missed one or two also and Richie shoed his class with some nice scores. Coln was poor but he's that inconsistent type of player that is poor followed by massive game. Murphy and Blanchfield will have better days but the fight was there which is good to see.

Looking forward to hopefully another meeting v tipp in bothleafue and championship this year as they're still both the top two in the country at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭kk.man

We should never loose faith in Cody...we are in better shape than I thought...maybe not top class but decent

kk.man wrote: »
    We should never loose faith in Cody...we are in better shape than I thought...maybe not top class but decent

I agree he just keeps giving and giving and if we could get a few players from this league I'd be happy.last nights game will stand to cleere,o shea,deegan and even alan murphy.Deegans man got two points but deegans work rate was top notch an that would please Brian more than anything.final match against dublin away will decide if we stay up or relegation but dublin should have cuala lads back and have being competitive without them so it won't be easy
    When all our injured lads come back our squad will probably be stronger than last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Just discussing that on Dublin thread Brookville!

Not sure he will bring back the Cuala players. Depends what happens next Friday I suppose. David Treacy alone be worth 4/5 points in frees no harm to current takers!

Should be a good game and place be jammed.

Great game last night by the way. And good reffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

brookville wrote: »
    I agree he just keeps giving and giving and if we could get a few players from this league I'd be happy.last nights game will stand to cleere,o shea,deegan and even alan murphy.Deegans man got two points but deegans work rate was top notch an that would please Brian more than anything.final match against dublin away will decide if we stay up or relegation but dublin should have cuala lads back and have being competitive without them so it won't be easy
    When all our injured lads come back our squad will probably be stronger than last year

It won't decide relegation, there is a playoff for that.

Topcat32 wrote: »
    It won't decide relegation, there is a playoff for that.

Yeah sorry that what's I meant relegation final

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Colin will start and is a very important player for us, lets not forget last week or more importantly the semi final last year, Richie Leahy was excellent last week, John Walsh flying with the under 21s today, Ger Aylward hopefully will get his fitness back and possibly Mick Fennelly to come back and possibly play Centre Forward, with a bit of luck we may have a very dangerous forward line this year, thats not even mentioning players like Luke Scanlon, Kevin Kelly and John Power.
    who did the 21s play today and do u know the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Met a Kilkenny man by the name of Canice in a pub last night, dressed in full Elvis attire, gas yoke.

who did the 21s play today and do u know the team?

I think they played tipp yesterday and won.

• Advertisement

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Met a Kilkenny man by the name of Canice in a pub last night, dressed in full Elvis attire, gas yoke.

Sure it wasn't Myles?

brookville wrote: »
    kk.man wrote: »

Not sure if Cuala lads will be back - hard to know. They may take another week.

citykat wrote: »
    Sure it wasn't Myles?

Maybe so, he was selling scratchcards for the homeless, reckoned the draw was a fair outcome anyway!!

Not sure if Cuala lads will be back - hard to know. They may take another week.

It could unsettle them by throwing in the cuala lads.if you look at it I thought dublin were unlucky against waterford (2 goalkeeping errors) and today they missed a few scoreable frees they could be further up the table.we have to get a win in two weeks but parnell park is a tough hunting ground but if we bring a performance like last night we should get the result.I'd say brian will make changes for this one he always makes 2-3 changes,hopefully a few injured lads will be nearing a return

Maybe so, he was selling scratchcards for the homeless, reckoned the draw was a fair outcome anyway!!

Sounds like our Myles alright. Part of the local colour if you like. Wouldn't know one end of a hurl from the other.

Dublin can get out of relegation play off if they beat us and cork loose to tipp.if cork game is saturday night they will know their fate.if cork win they would play us on relegation.play off if they beat us
    If cork win they may prefer to play clare or waterford and rest cuala players another week for plsy off game.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Aye, selling them for the homeless indeed.....

Dublin can get out of relegation play off if they beat us and cork loose to tipp.if cork game is saturday night they will know their fate.if cork win they would play us on relegation.play off if they beat us
    If cork win they may prefer to play clare or waterford and rest cuala players another week for plsy off game.

Id say all the final league games will be played on the same day and time

Aye, selling them for the homeless indeed.....

I'd say he sold 20 quids worth, beer money?

• Advertisement

Last series of games are usually on at same time so no one has an unfair advantage.

Was it Dublin a few years ago if they had got 1 pt more, they'd been safe but were going for goals to win match. I can't remember correctly though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement