Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

brookville wrote: »
    Id say all the final league games will be played on the same day and time

All last round matches fixed for 3pm sunday 26.

On the match yesterday evening we really gave everything we had.
    The penalties and goals from them came at just the right times to give us a lift an put a small bit of doubt in tipps minds.
    Eoin murphy again very good. Never put a foot wrong.
    Paul murphy was caught for the 2 goals. 1st one lost his footing and couldn't control the ball and the 2nd one should have caught it instead of trying to block or bat.
    Padraig walsh is certainly developing well at full back and had a strong outing.
    Conor o shea also had a much improved outing and was up with his man. Hurled very well.
    Conor Fogarty, Pender and cleere also had strong outings. Great to see cleere put in a strong performance. Made a few mistakes but hurled well and will improve with each game.
    Pender coped very well and his distribution was good. Fogarty also hurled very well.
    Buckley outstanding.
    Deegan stood up yesterday and covered an amount of ground and never gave up. Good showing.
    Walter hurled well but could have converted s few more points.
    TJ, what can you say. Outstanding as well.
    Colin poor but will improve from that.
    Alan Murphy poor but will improve also.
    Blanchfield strong but probably needs an extra yard of pace.
    Maher ok but needs to steady himself on the ball. At championship pace will need to make better use of possession.
    Overall was delighted with the effort and commitment from everyone and the game will stand to them no end.
    A few stray passes and shots for scores but all in all a super showing under the circumstances.
    It will give the lads a big lift. Still 2 points needed in parnell park to ensure a quarter final place.
    Not going to be easy but definitely well within them to do it. Need to keep this momentum and keep improving on delivery of ball to forwards.
    Hopefully for parnell park we will have leahy and lyng back to select from.
    Don't know if lester is fully recovered. Might be a few more weeks.
    Ditto ger aylward. Hopefully the hamstring trouble will not keep him out for too much longer.
    Considering his exploits v tipp in the u21 yesterday will john walsh get onto the matchday panel v dublin. Hasn't been on any panel yet.
    Don't know if we are going to see bergin, kelly john joe back on the panel. Any news anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Last series of games are usually on at same time so no one has an unfair advantage.

Was it Dublin a few years ago if they had got 1 pt more, they'd been safe but were going for goals to win match. I can't remember correctly though.

Against Tipp in Thurles. Two points down. Ryan I think it was had a pretty simple tap over for a point with Anthony and Hedger roaring at him. Went for a goal. Saved :)

It was a goal chance. He's a forward. go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

All last round matches fixed for 3pm sunday 26.

On the match yesterday evening we really gave everything we had.
    The penalties and goals from them came at just the right times to give us a lift an put a small bit of doubt in tipps minds.
    Eoin murphy again very good. Never put a foot wrong.
    Paul murphy was caught for the 2 goals. 1st one lost his footing and couldn't control the ball and the 2nd one should have caught it instead of trying to block or bat.
    Padraig walsh is certainly developing well at full back and had a strong outing.
    Conor o shea also had a much improved outing and was up with his man. Hurled very well.
    Conor Fogarty, Pender and cleere also had strong outings. Great to see cleere put in a strong performance. Made a few mistakes but hurled well and will improve with each game.
    Pender coped very well and his distribution was good. Fogarty also hurled very well.
    Buckley outstanding.
    Deegan stood up yesterday and covered an amount of ground and never gave up. Good showing.
    Walter hurled well but could have converted s few more points.
    TJ, what can you say. Outstanding as well.
    Colin poor but will improve from that.
    Alan Murphy poor but will improve also.
    Blanchfield strong but probably needs an extra yard of pace.
    Maher ok but needs to steady himself on the ball. At championship pace will need to make better use of possession.
    Overall was delighted with the effort and commitment from everyone and the game will stand to them no end.
    A few stray passes and shots for scores but all in all a super showing under the circumstances.
    It will give the lads a big lift. Still 2 points needed in parnell park to ensure a quarter final place.
    Not going to be easy but definitely well within them to do it. Need to keep this momentum and keep improving on delivery of ball to forwards.
    Hopefully for parnell park we will have leahy and lyng back to select from.
    Don't know if lester is fully recovered. Might be a few more weeks.
    Ditto ger aylward. Hopefully the hamstring trouble will not keep him out for too much longer.
    Considering his exploits v tipp in the u21 yesterday will john walsh get onto the matchday panel v dublin. Hasn't been on any panel yet.
    Don't know if we are going to see bergin, kelly john joe back on the panel. Any news anyone???

Id say john walsh should get a run soon and it's great to hear his hurling well.anyone know the situation with luke scanlon is he injured?
    Kelly and bergin recovering from injury but farrell was back with his club doubt his dropped but for a lad who played all the walsh cup and 1 poor league game it's dissapointing from his point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

If we can get a good tight left full like Willie O we then have options in the backs. Add in Mick Fennelly and Ger if he returns and we have a serious team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we beat Dublin, we're guaranteed a Quarter Final spot, aren't we?

If we beat Dublin, we'll have 5 points. Waterford play Clare, both on 4 points. If Waterford win, we're ahead of Clare. If Clare win, we're ahead of Waterford. Even if they draw and both end up on 5, our points difference will be -6 at worst (it's currently -7), and Waterford's would be -8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

v3ttel wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if we beat Dublin, we're guaranteed a Quarter Final spot, aren't we?

If we beat Dublin, we'll have 5 points. Waterford play Clare, both on 4 points. If Waterford win, we're ahead of Clare. If Clare win, we're ahead of Waterford. Even if they draw and both end up on 5, our points difference will be -6 at worst (it's currently -7), and Waterford's would be -8.

That's correct, win and we're in the QF. There's also a scenario that a draw would do but that relies on Clare beating Waterford and Tipp beating Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Brian017 wrote: »
    That's correct, win and we're in the QF.

Which will most probably be against Wexford assuming 5pts will put us in 4th place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Which will most probably be against Wexford assuming 5pts will put us in 4th place?

If maths are correct (which by no means is a certainty these days :o) The only way we can finish 4th with 5 points is if Tipp/Cork and Clare/Waterford BOTH end in draws. That'd leave us, Cork, Clare and Waterford all on 5 pts and we'd finish in 4th ahead of Waterford on Points Difference.

In all likelihood a win would mean we'd finish 3rd and in that case we'd play the winner of Gal/Lim as the winner of that would finish 2nd in 1B. But as I said, I'm open to correction from someone with better maths skills!

Brian017 wrote: »
    If maths are correct (which by no means is a certainty these days :o) The only way we can finish 4th with 5 points is if Tipp/Cork and Clare/Waterford BOTH end in draws. That'd leave us, Cork, Clare and Waterford all on 5 pts and we'd finish in 4th ahead of Waterford on Points Difference.

In all likelihood a win would mean we'd finish 3rd and in that case we'd play the winner of Gal/Lim as the winner of that would finish 2nd in 1B. But as I said, I'm open to correction from someone with better maths skills!

A win will guarantee a 1/4 final that's the most important thing opposition after that wouldn't matter.just looking at the highlights tonight cleere got sucked in for the 2nd goal leaving o meara loose behind him on his own.I'm not being critical of him with it only being his 2nd match at this level but o meara caused him trouble with his direct running but Infairness to our backs we tightend up in the 2nd half and tipps fowards are the benchmark I'd like to see cleere start at 6 again the next day as he definitely has potential.I thought foggy was very good again last night at 5 and he could be there for the summer with the number 6 an 7 still up for grabs,maybe joyce or lennon could put their hand up but I doubt there's room for both on the one line or buckley could go back to 7 if deegan keeps improving
    Hopefully walsh,leahy and lyng are available for the dublin match

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I'd say he sold 20 quids worth, beer money?

Yep, let's just say he has a reputation for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Village87

TJ was amazing Saturday, his goal was of the highest quality. Kilkennys second goal came from TJ blocking Noel Mcgrath in the corner then dispossessing him and Alan Murphy being fouled from TJs ball across, his ability to win hard ball in rucks and find a man causes teams havoc. Stop TJ and you stop Kilkenny, Clare have found out this, Tipp chose to ignore this, although i admire Tipps attitude in that they dont worry about opposition, they just want to play the game properly.

Moving Buckley to midfield is proving great, although Brendan Maher was a big loss.

The form of Paul Murphy is worrying, caused 2 goals, lucky wasn't a third when John Mcgrath caught a ball over his head and forced Murphy into a great save. Think a spell on the bench is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Village87 wrote: »
    TJ was amazing Saturday, his goal was of the highest quality. Kilkennys second goal came from TJ blocking Noel Mcgrath in the corner then dispossessing him and Alan Murphy being fouled from TJs ball across, his ability to win hard ball in rucks and find a man causes teams havoc. Stop TJ and you stop Kilkenny, Clare have found out this, Tipp chose to ignore this, although i admire Tipps attitude in that they dont worry about opposition, they just want to play the game properly.

Tipp do extensive video analysis on every opponent, this notion that Tipp just turn up and look to play pure man on man hurling is a bit out-dated.

Moving Buckley to midfield is proving great, although Brendan Maher was a big loss.

The form of Paul Murphy is worrying, caused 2 goals, lucky wasn't a third when John Mcgrath caught a ball over his head and forced Murphy into a great save. Think a spell on the bench is needed
    I know murphy was the cause of the two goals but I thought he had a good 2nd half and mcgrath is one of the best forwards in the game even with the 2nd goal just a split second he had it snatched.murphy will improve I wouldn't have much fear for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

[font=Georgia, serif]From the Irish Independent [/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif]Kilkenny -[/font][font=Georgia, serif] E Murphy 8; P Murphy 7, P Walsh 7, C O'Shea 7; C Fogarty 7, S Prendergast 6, J Cleere 6; P Deegan 6, C Buckley 8; C Fennelly 6, R Hogan 8, TJ Reid 9; A Murphy 6, W Walsh 8, L Blanchfield 6. Sub: J Maher 6 for A Murphy (40).[/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif] O'Shea the only newbie to get a 7 though I thought Deegan and Cleere may  have been worth a bit more than a 6. Been watching hurling since the late 50s and will say this, that young Cleere fellow has everything it takes to become a great.  [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

[font=Georgia, serif]From the Irish Independent [/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif]Kilkenny -[/font][font=Georgia, serif] E Murphy 8; P Murphy 7, P Walsh 7, C O'Shea 7; C Fogarty 7, S Prendergast 6, J Cleere 6; P Deegan 6, C Buckley 8; C Fennelly 6, R Hogan 8, TJ Reid 9; A Murphy 6, W Walsh 8, L Blanchfield 6. Sub: J Maher 6 for A Murphy (40).[/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif] O'Shea the only newbie to get a 7 though I thought Deegan and Cleere may  have been worth a bit more than a 6. Been watching hurling since the late 50s and will say this, that young Cleere fellow has everything it takes to become a great.  [/font]

Anyone who was at the game that thought Cillian Buckley and Walter Walsh should get the same rating should consider a new career outside of sports writing, Cillian Buckley was outstanding. Then again it is the Independent so not overly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Don't think the result will do Tipp any harm, it will definitely allow them to stay grounded. Kilkenny may well still be the team to beat come summer time and they will have a big say in where the cup resides come September (Again)

Saturdays game was cracking, (the ref was excellent). It was played at a totally different pace to the games on Sunday.

I can't see Kilkenny getting relegated even if they are in the relegation play off. In fact, I think it would suit them with an earlier finish, to help injuries clear up and to get ready for Wexford in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Very tough game against Dublin Coming up. Once more like the Tipp match it is a season defining moment for us. If we play to the right intensity we should win but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Was anyone at the U-21 game on Saturday or have any details of the team that lined out or who did or didn't play well?

If Kilkenny beat us then they are safe no matter what. Dublin will be in a play off unless there is unlikely series of events anyway even if we do win!

Saw someone refer to 21s. How many of current senior team who have played league are eligible for Kilkenny this year?

Our seniors are stuggling, albeit with honour, but I would imagine the experience gained for 21s is invaluable.

Anyway, looking forward to April 2. Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Bonniedog wrote: »
    If Kilkenny beat us then they are safe no matter what. Dublin will be in a play off unless there is unlikely series of events anyway even if we do win!

Saw someone refer to 21s. How many of current senior team who have played league are eligible for Kilkenny this year?

Our seniors are stuggling, albeit with honour, but I would imagine the experience gained for 21s is invaluable.

Under 21s who have started are Jason Cleere, Pat Lyng, Richie Leahy, Alan Murphy, Sean Morrissey and Liam Blanchfield, Conor Delaney has made the match day panel a few times, John Walsh and Luke Scanlon will probably make the panel for the summer as well.

• Advertisement

Of the u21s to get senior league action so far cleere,leahy,morrissey,lyng,blanchfield,murphy have seen action while delaney is on the bench most of the panel is currently training with the seniors but dublin have a lot of their players hurling senior so I expect the u21 match to be a cracker

It will be serious game alright!

Not too many 21s teams have that sort of senior experience coming into the 21 championship.

Our 21s backs playing senior are good, but forwards are struggling. Lack of freetaker may prove fatal!

It will be serious game alright!

Not too many 21s teams have that sort of senior experience coming into the 21 championship.

Our 21s backs playing senior are good, but forwards are struggling. Lack of freetaker may prove fatal!

I agree yer free taker has missed a few scoreable frees but it's great experience for him and I'm sure he'll come good in time.I wonder will con o callaghan be allowed hurl u21?he'd be some addition.
    I think cork have a lot of u21 on their panel I think they finished with 5 on Sunday.

Unfortunately if Gavin picks Callaghan that be the end of him hurling for Dublin.

In 2010, Rory O'Carroll was on the 21s hurling team and Gilroy gave him an ultimatum a few days before the Leinster final to either stop hurling or never play for footballers.

Disgraceful bollix in my opinion, but that's the way...

Then again I can remember when they turned water off in Parnell Park after the footballers trained and hurlers be running around in the dark in jerseys that were about ten years old. And We're supposed to be privileged now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

Good work out in Dunmore Saturday, John Walsh was hurling what he did he did well but wouldn't think he is ready for the senior set up yet . Good lively match good scores taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Any report on sat u21 team .scorers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Village87

Kilkenny u21 team will be in the all ireland final this year, Leinster is poor this year. Ulster in the semi final. 50/50 in the final.

Strong team,

I was at the match last year v Westmeath with some members of our club involved.

They have to be careful not to automatically start all the players that come back from the seniors.

Looking at the game last year and leaving Cusack Park i said no way will Alan Murphy and Sean Morrissey make it, id leave them off the team this year. John Walsh, John Donnelly, Richie Leahy, Pat Lyng, Kevin Farrell

Any other forwrads out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Kilkenny u21 team will be in the all ireland final this year, Leinster is poor this year. Ulster in the semi final. 50/50 in the final.

Strong team,

I was at the match last year v Westmeath with some members of our club involved.

They have to be careful not to automatically start all the players that come back from the seniors.

Looking at the game last year and leaving Cusack Park i said no way will Alan Murphy and Sean Morrissey make it, id leave them off the team this year. John Walsh, John Donnelly, Richie Leahy, Pat Lyng, Kevin Farrell

Any other forwrads out there?

Well I hope Eddie wasnt listening to you on the way out, thought Sean was one of the better players that night, scored a few points and looked lively enough, Alan Murphy is good enough to be a strong contender to start for the under 21s although id be suprised if he plays much with the Seniors this year. Hope your not planning to drop Liam Blanchfield and other players to consider are Billy Ryan and Luke Scanlon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bit of a bold statement to make so early on in the year don't you think?

• Advertisement

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Well I hope Eddie wasnt listening to you on the way out, thought Sean was one of the better players that night, scored a few points and looked lively enough, Alan Murphy is good enough to be a strong contender to start for the under 21s although id be suprised if he plays much with the Seniors this year. Hope your not planning to drop Liam Blanchfield and other players to consider are Billy Ryan and Luke Scanlon.

I think dublin will be tough opposition but it's at home so that could help.I'd say the spine of the team will be delaney full back,cleere center back,scanlon midfield the 6 forwards could be morrissey,lyng,leahy,walsh,blanchfield,murphy/billy ryan although leahy could be midfield I'd expect kevin farrell to be close to the team obviously we'll need luck and everyone injury free.conor doheny,2×mullens,conor browne,huw lawlor,tommy walsh all very good hurlers and most of these mentioned are in with the seniors which should help their development,a leinster title with this crop should be a minimum but I'd expect players and management won't be complacent and a big effort will go into having everything right

I would say that Leinster 21s be pretty competitive. Dublin should be at least as strong as last year. Gave Galway a good run but wouldn't have won the final. Kilkenny should be a good bit stronger. Not sure about Wexford in terms of eligibility and so on. I suspect they will not be a s good as of late. KK/Dubs most likely produce the winner.

Hard luck to cbs and well done Kierans should be a good final cbs gave it a great shot by all accounts

Kk 2-25 Tipp 1-15 in the 21 last weekend, Tipp were well outclassed from the small bit I was told.

Kk 2-25 Tipp 1-15 in the 21 last weekend, Tipp were well outclassed from the small bit I was told.

Would tipp have many involved in the senior setup?is ronan maher overage?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Kierans v Templemore colleges final

• Advertisement

Would tipp have many involved in the senior setup?is ronan maher overage?

Ronan is gone, I don't think there's any lads off the senior panel involved, nobody that has played in the league yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Was that in a challenge game? Do the KK u21's have any upcoming games, that an interested observer could mosy on along to?

I've a cousin down there for work. He's looking to do a bit of spying for us, before we meet ye in the champo. His work colleagues are telling him eff all, oddly enough. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Was that in a challenge game? Do the KK u21's have any upcoming games, that an interested observer could mosy on along to?

I've a cousin down there for work. He's looking to do a bit of spying for us, before we meet ye in the champo. His work colleagues are telling him eff all, oddly enough. ;)

I backed them at 7/1 last year,so no predictions from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

I'd have good faith in the U21s this year. Eddie will have learned a lot from last year. Having so many lads training alongside the likes of TJ and Richie will hopefully have brought them on a long way. The loss to Westmeath was blown out of proportion last year, that was not a bad team at all. Winning Leinster would give them a great chance at an All Ireland. 2008 was the last one we won I think? Well overdue one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Ronan is gone, I don't think there's any lads off the senior panel involved, nobody that has played in the league yet anyway.

Any Templemore lads on the Tipp U21 panel?

Any Templemore lads on the Tipp U21 panel?

I'd say Brian McGrath will be involved, possibly Fairbrother but I'm only speculating.

ProudDUB wrote: »

I couldn't tell you, heard the result from a Tipp man, though getting to see a challenge game is very hard in these times of high secrecy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

Good few people there Saturday lunchtime in Dunmore happy with the performance last year was a big disappointment hopefully we can win something this year .

Well done to kierans yesterday and comiserations to cbs. Between the two a lot of fine hurlers. Best of luck to kierans in the final.
    On the final league match v dublin sunday week I presume there won't be too many changes from the tipp match.
    If leahy is fit I would expect him to come in instead of Alan Murphy but out on the half forward line.
    Still haven't heard if ger aylward is near fit yet of is he still in trouble with the hamstring?
    Hopefully maher will get 20/25 mins v dublin as he needs game time to improve his fitness.
    I would expect all bar Murphy to remain starters.
    Any news on lester? He is out since the night before the waterford match.
    Also pat lyng? I know he got a heavy shot but hopefully he will be back soon enough.
    There are other players I don't know the situation of.......
    Joe lyng
    Mark bergin

I don't think john walsh or chris bolger will get on the panel at this stage as I would think if cody had intended to use them they would be part of March day panels before now.
    Any thoughts??

Walsh and especially bolger for me deserve a shot.I know
    alot on here dont think bolger is upto it.but for me there is only one way to find out.his cameo v clare last year was better than many starters have produced.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Walsh and especially bolger for me deserve a shot.I know
    alot on here dont think bolger is upto it.but for me there is only one way to find out.his cameo v clare last year was better than many starters have produced.

I agree the best way to find it is give them a shot but I think this would have happened already if it was going to happen. I think blanchfield,lyng, leahy and maher will be big players for us and will definitely play some part in the championship this year.
    Add tj, Richie, walter, Colin, ger aylward if he gets back, sean morrissey and Alan Murphy and that's 11 forwards vieing for 6 positions.
    I would like to see those two getting game time but we have had 9 competitive matches so far and none of these lads have got in, albeit being involved in colleges.
    Our backs come the championship will probably be the following. ..........

P Murphy
    P Walsh
    C o shea
    C Fogarty
    J Cleere
    K Joyce
    E cody
    C Delaney
    S prendergast
    J Holden

Midfield the following........

P deegan
    L Ryan
    M fennelly
    O Walsh

E Murphy and R Reid in goals and that's 26 of a panel.

Add to that lads are on the panel already and that makes 29.

R lennon
    M walsh
    M Malone

Not forgetting bergin either.

Am I missing anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

I agree the best way to find it is give them a shot but I think this would have happened already if it was going to happen. I think blanchfield,lyng, leahy and maher will be big players for us and will definitely play some part in the championship this year.
    Add tj, Richie, walter, Colin, ger aylward if he gets back, sean morrissey and Alan Murphy and that's 11 forwards vieing for 6 positions.
    I would like to see those two getting game time but we have had 9 competitive matches so far and none of these lads have got in, albeit being involved in colleges.
    Our backs come the championship will probably be the following. ..........

P Murphy
    P Walsh
    C o shea
    C Fogarty
    J Cleere
    K Joyce
    E cody
    C Delaney
    S prendergast
    J Holden

Midfield the following........

P deegan
    L Ryan
    M fennelly
    O Walsh

E Murphy and R Reid in goals and that's 26 of a panel.

Add to that lads are on the panel already and that makes 29.

R lennon
    M walsh
    M Malone

Not forgetting bergin either.

Am I missing anyone?

Kevin kelly ?

castlecat wrote: »
    Kevin kelly ?

Is conor martin or john joe on that panel above?
    I actually think if we can stay injury free we'll have a stronger panel than last year.I've also being told by a player chris bolger was training with the seniors during the week so it's a very large open panel and anyone who hits form during the spring/summer will be on the panel.
    4 of the six forwards shouod pick themselves so it'll probably be up to ger,kevin,liam,leahy,lyng although it's hard to say this far out
    If the buckley experiment works joyce will probably be at 7 shane pender was very weak in the air last saturday and joey is out of favour at the moment joyce is my preferred choice at half back
    I'd like to see richie reid get a league match in goal when he returns from injury and hopefully conor delaney gets a run

Is conor martin or john joe on that panel above?
    I actually think if we can stay injury free we'll have a stronger panel than last year.I've also being told by a player chris bolger was training with the seniors during the week so it's a very large open panel and anyone who hits form during the spring/summer will be on the panel.
    4 of the six forwards shouod pick themselves so it'll probably be up to ger,kevin,liam,leahy,lyng although it's hard to say this far out
    If the buckley experiment works joyce will probably be at 7 shane pender was very weak in the air last saturday and joey is out of favour at the moment joyce is my preferred choice at half back
    I'd like to see richie reid get a league match in goal when he returns from injury and hopefully conor delaney gets a run

I don't think shane Pender wad too bad v tipp.
    At the moment the two forwards likely to start with Colin tj Richie and walter are blanchfield and leahy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement