Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

You'll find out in about 3 hours!
    **** off you idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

**** off you idiot

What's wrong frank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

**** off you idiot

Cool the jets there Frank! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Didn't expect conor martin to get a start tomorrow but he must be making an impression in training. Would not be surprised if bergin got a run in the half or full forward line at some stage.
    Pat lyng may also figure at some stage along with James maher

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

You'll find out in about 3 hours!

Turns out he didnt find out anything!! Dissapointing for Kevin Kelly to have picked up that injury, needed a few games in the league injury free to build on a ok performance in the all ireland, he doesnt seem like Codys type of player to me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

It should be a good battle tomorrow. All to play for in Div. 1A. Important to get the 2 points and show the same hunger as in Thurles. Good to see Lester back on the bench.

Another game for Cleere, Conor and Deegan will do them the world of good. Hopefully we get more from the other forwards outwith T.J. and Richie.

Should be a decent crowd also if the weather keeps good. Is it on TG4?

Templemore 1pt down at half-time in Thurles. They got a goal right on half time although Templemore looking decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

This is our team for tomorrow. As expected, no Cuala fellas. Was hoping that maybe Treacy might have togged out:

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/senior-hurlers-make-three-changes-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

This match is some goal festival. Kierans full back line has been very porous. McGrath has been great for templemore. Very impressed with mullen for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Kieran's in big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Hard luck to kierans and well done templemore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Surprised no Cuala men. We must be fancied then.

Very entertaining match I thought, better team won, they should have been further ahead at half time but we had a knack for getting goals at crucial times. Was it Brennan put that goal in from about a five degree angle into the top corner? If a player did it at senior inter county they'd be collecting an all star that winter.

Hard look to Kierans, considering Templemore had a lot of minors from last year and Kierans didnt have many starters from last year this was a good effort.

The mullens are class players, just hope they can stay injury free.

Just to get a bit of a moan in, TG4 have been great for the gaa, but to show a run of the mill rugby match instead of the principal schools hurling match of the year is a bit dissapointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Good game. Well done Templemore

Very entertaining match I thought, better team won, they should have been further ahead at half time but we had a knack for getting goals at crucial times. Was it Brennan put that goal in from about a five degree angle into the top corner? If a player did it at senior inter county they'd be collecting an all star that winter.

Seen a few clips ciarian brennan looks a lovely hurler think his only 16 but will probably end up going to play soccer.
    Mullen didn't have his best day according to kclr he missed a few frees but a great effort from Kierans and templemore were the better team.Them Kierans lads will have good days in the future.Is mullen minor next year?

brookville wrote: »
    Seen a few clips ciarian brennan looks a lovely hurler think his only 16 but will probably end up going to play soccer.
    Mullen didn't have his best day according to kclr he missed a few frees but a great effort from Kierans and templemore were the better team.Them Kierans lads will have good days in the future.Is mullen minor next year?
    Minor this year

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Minor this year

I knew he was captain this year just wondering is he underage nxt year...I think the minors playing Westmeath on the 8th of april in the first round.hopefully the minors have a better year than last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Just to get a bit of a moan in, TG4 have been great for the gaa, but to show a run of the mill rugby match instead of the principal schools hurling match of the year is a bit dissapointing.

They were showing it online in fairness.
    Great game of hurling I thought, commiserations to Kierans

• Advertisement

Ompala wrote: »
    They were showing it online in fairness.
    Great game of hurling I thought, commiserations to Kierans

Yeah, thats why I said it was a moan, just think it was much better viewing than a half hearted rugby match

Fair play to templemore, id imagine this is their best team ever but despite some negative commentary over recent years Kierans continue to be major contributors to Kilkenny hurling, and I say that as somebody who went to the tech in Kilkenny city

I knew he was captain this year just wondering is he underage nxt year...I think the minors playing Westmeath on the 8th of april in the first round.hopefully the minors have a better year than last year

Thought the minors were unlucky last year, Dublin in parnell park is probably the worst possible draw in the competition, were very good all the way up, winning the tony forristel and reaching at least least the final in other tornaments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Minor this year

Younger than that. U16.

citykat wrote: »
    Younger than that. U16.

Adrian mullen is only 16?

I thought he had a very uneven day. He took a few pot shots at the end looking for points when we needed a goal, but on the other hand he damn near got us the goal as well (and did score one earlier).

Adrian mullen is only 16?

Oops. Thought it was Brennan being discussed.

• Advertisement

citykat wrote: »
    Oops. Thought it was Brennan being discussed.

Yeah brennan is only 16 think mullen is 17 both good prospects.mossy also a good hurler.this years Kierans team wasn't as successful underage so I think they done very well to get to the final and this was a very good templemore team so no shame in that I'm sure they'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

Fairly sure it was Brennan. He was also involved in the other two goals and came close to another brilliant goal. Serious talent for someone only in third year. Has represented Ireland at soccer and had trials with premiership sides.

blackcard wrote: »
    Fairly sure it was Brennan. He was also involved in the other two goals and came close to another brilliant goal. Serious talent for someone only in third year. Has represented Ireland at soccer and had trials with premiership sides.
    Yeah he was very good, be a shame if he's lost to soccer but they can offer a life hurling can't I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

Yeah he was very good, be a shame if he's lost to soccer but they can offer a life hurling can't I suppose.
    Yeah. Can't blame any young lad for pursuing a dream.
    I think Cody is going to find out a lot about Conor O'Shea, Jason Cleere, Paddy Deegan, Liam Blanchfield and Conor Martin tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Thought the minors were unlucky last year, Dublin in parnell park is probably the worst possible draw in the competition, were very good all the way up, winning the tony forristel and reaching at least least the final in other tornaments
    on the day last year v duublin they were poor.only mullen and donnelly scored from play.dublin deserved win on the day.

• Advertisement

Yeah brennan is only 16 think mullen is 17 both good prospects.mossy also a good hurler.this years Kierans team wasn't as successful underage so I think they done very well to get to the final and this was a very good templemore team so no shame in that I'm sure they'll be back
    Brennan only 15 though 16 in may

Yeah. Can't blame any young lad for pursuing a dream.
    I think Cody is going to find out a lot about Conor O'Shea, Jason Cleere, Paddy Deegan, Liam Blanchfield and Conor Martin tomorrow
    brennan playing soccer with waterford but hurling first love.can see him picking hurling over league of ireland(across the water might be different)

Point of information: the scabby bastards charged students €6 entry in Thurles yesterday. They would only let U12s in free...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Yeah, thats why I said it was a moan, just think it was much better viewing than a half hearted rugby match

Every rugby game is the most important sporting occasion of our lives!! You must not be an Indo reader.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Brennan only 15 though 16 in may
    He's only 15??!! He is a serious talent. That is a rare breed of cat to be that self assured on a senior team at that age.

The commentary on KCLR is horrendous

3 points in the first half is a diabolical return. Sounds like we're still just launching the ball into the sky for the forwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The commentary on KCLR is horrendous

3 points in the first half is a diabolical return. Sounds like we're still just launching the ball into the sky for the forwards

If he could only think about the listeners on radio and describe what is happening instead of oohing and aahing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

If he could only think about the listeners on radio and describe what is happening instead of oohing and aahing .

Jesus Mary and Holy Joseph....Adrian Ronan is absolutely atrocious on radio commentary on KCLR. Septic he is.

I actually switched the radio off after half time. Could not listen to one more second of him. Following the game on Twitter and getting much better FACTUAL information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

The lad can barely speak, he's horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Doing his best to say 'Larks' as many times as possible to.

• Advertisement

Looking good for the win.

Following it on Twitter also. No chance I'm listening to KCLR

2-20 to 1-16 win for KK.
    Quarter-final match against Wexford next.

Dublin v Clare in relegation play-off

Think we won but hard to tell from the commentary. Who was doing co-comms as Ronan never mentioned it.....

Shocking commentary. number 10 for dublin.,did he not get a team sheet.

Should be wexford at home in quarters and tipp in semi if we beat wexford.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Big chance for Wexford to make a statement. Hard to know how this will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dionysis

Dionysis wrote: »
    I don't know really either what he adds... But i wouldn't say that he's had loads of chances... Played the full game against Cork and a couple of minutes against Waterford at the end of the match.[/quote

Agree he's hasn't done much to date but what he has shown, is that he can score points from any angle/position on the pitch if he gets it in hand. So I'd say Cody is seeing will he toughen up. I 'd have said on here previously I would see see a bit of a Taggy Fogarty in this guy.

The lad might not be physically strong enough to win ball at senior level against more physical players at this stage in his de elopement, but again.... when he has it in his hand... he know where the posts are. Just look at his scoring versus Dublin today.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Big chance for Wexford to make a statement. Hard to know how this will go.

Ah but sure it's Davy on charge... He could flog them in training on the morning of the match and also he wouldn't want to reveal any of the game plan ahead of the likely championship meeting.

Anyone post up report and player ratings on todays game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 catseye2

a win is a win but.. we were outplayed for most of the game

e murph - best in the country, no mistakes even with sun in his eyes and a coule of good saves
    p murph - still struggling - well beaten for scores in first half. looks off the pace looked better in 2nd half and fought hard but spent first half of 2nd half as spare man
    pw - started well. took an awful belt when bravely blocking a run and surprised to see him get up and play on well. didnt return at half time and saw an ambulance arrive to changing rooms. fingers crossed he is ok
    cos - decent game and was clearing some good ball. pulled his hamstring when making a good catch and clearance. will miss rest of campaign i expect
    fogarty - struggled against his man in first half but in second half won some good balls and looked composed
    cleere - good game - and was well involved. good stick player and clears ball quickly most of the time
    prenders- a few errors and can be too slow getting out to ball but never stopped competing
    buckley- a couple of good runs , tidy but not as commanding in the middle
    deegan- involved throughout without doing anything spectactular - great experience
    fenn - better than last week. made the first goal with usual run. scored one good point and missed at least one
    wally - never stopped running but won very little in the air
    tj - a couple of nice runs but prob lost his battle with the half backs. a few errant frees
    blanch. scored d the important goal but too often was second to the ball. 70 minutes will do him good
    richie - got a late dirty belt from crummey early on and after that was dominated by the full back. is wasted at ff and needs to be more in the game if not for puckouts. rightly removed midway through 2nd half
    conor martin - considering he was booked in first minutes for very soft offence he should be v pleased with his show today. in the right place for the goal and took several good points afterwards
    subs
    lyng - both times he was on, he was very industrious and may find a place in the team
    holden - was in trouble from the first ball and after 15 minutes was changed to be the spare man. a couple of times he got out first but takes too long to clear. i still get tremors when i see those 3 green helmets at the back struggling to clear their lines
    joyce - had a powerful 15 minutes and could well get the nod for full back line next game depending on injuries

overall , great to avoid the relegation playoff and wouldnt have any expectations of going far in the league. sending off may have been a but harsh and it enable us to better handle the pressure in second half as sublin probably still had more play than we did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement