Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Village87

What club games should i attend the weekend, really looking forward to them.

Ill go see Clara v Danesfort Friday evening

Carrickshock V Rower/Inistioge Saturday

Our own lads in action Sunday v Bbridge should be a good one

Sunday evening ill go see Tullaroan v Tullogher, plenty good players on view in this one.

Games are well spread out the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

The 2017 Hurling Championship Pools thread is now up and running. All are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Any report on under 17s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

They won 0-22 to 0-14

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭blackcard

unrealtime wrote: »
    Any report on under 17s
    Kilkenny beat Wexford comfortably by 22 points to 14. A lot of Kilkenny's scores came from placed balls. I was impressed with Aaron Brennan and Ian Walsh in midfield but overall I didn't think kk made great use of the amount of possession they had. Taghmon Gaa pitch is a small tight pitch which didn't help. Also was dissapointed that scoreboard wasn't working, not good enough really. Ciaran Brennan got a couple of nice points, didn't get a lot of possession. Daire O'Neill got two great scores from halfback and Kilkenny caught some great ball. Should get through to Leinster Final. Overall some promising prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

blackcard wrote: »
    Kilkenny beat Wexford comfortably by 22 points to 14. A lot of Kilkenny's scores came from placed balls. I was impressed with Aaron Brennan and Ian Walsh in midfield but overall I didn't think kk made great use of the amount of possession they had. Taghmon Gaa pitch is a small tight pitch which didn't help. Also was dissapointed that scoreboard wasn't working, not good enough really. Ciaran Brennan got a couple of nice points, didn't get a lot of possession. Daire O'Neill got two great scores from halfback and Kilkenny caught some great ball. Should get through to Leinster Final. Overall some promising prospects.

Good week so for the underage crops,who and when are the u17 playing again?

Thanks for all that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Think some u17s with the minors so wont play at this level.know mikey butler is a 17 with the 18 paell.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kkclubhurling

We're only a day away from the kick off of the club action for this year and It seems like we've a fairly exciting set of fixtures for the first weekend.

Senior kicks off with Clara vs Danesfort tomorrow, you'd expect that Clara should pick up a fairly routine win in this one but it'll perhaps be interesting to see have Danesfort improved from last year, for a number of years now they've been hopeful that a few of their younger lads would make the breakthrough in and around now, Des Dunne and Mullally are probably the best of that crop, will need to settle fast in what is a really tough group for the Fort.

The other two games in the fairly stacked group A are on Sunday, the Bridge play James Stephens in the afternoon and it could be a real interesting battle, they played out a fairly decent draw last year although the Village blew a big lead that day, I'd expect Jackie & Larks are putting in a huge effort with their clubs this year and this could really boost the lads around them, it will be interesting to see if KK minor Niall Brassil gets a run having been very good for CBS where I'm sure Niall Tyrell and Seamus Dwyer kept a watchful eye, the Bridge have lost a few to suspension and retirement for this one but if Lennon, Cleere, Morrissey and Blanchfield are all fit they'll have a strong spine. Both teams will be targeting it as a must win for different reasons so it should be a real battle.

That evening, Ballyhale and the Boro do battle, I think this could be the match of the round, I know its been said for years now but Boro really are a good young team, Ballyhale are a serious outfit still but I believe they are short a few players for this one which sets up nicely, if Ballyhale don't have Henry, Kevin & Darren Mullen and Colin as rumoured it opens this one right up. Ollie Walsh has been brilliant for the club the last few years too so itll be interesting to see if his time with KK has brought him on even more. For Ballyhale it would be exciting to see Adrian Mullen play but there's no rush on the chap either, it's easy forget that they were only a couple of pucks of a ball off OLG last year in the county final without ever really producing anything near their best, this could be a hell of a game between two teams at different stages of development.

In Group A we start off with two Saturday night games between Comer vs the Vat and Carrickshock vs Rower

The Comer game should be a real interesting battle because they are two sides with fairly contrasting styles, Comer have survived in senior in recent years by being generally a very tough team to beat, they're dogged as hell and Fogarty and Conor Delaney are comfortably their two main men, the Vat on the other hand have been a fairly open attacking team the last few years, which has made for very exciting games but questions remain over them on the big occasion, they played out a hum dinger in the championship vs Bridge last year, just got past them in a replay despite playing the second half vs 13 men and then totally flopped against Ballyhale in the quarter. If they can become a more consistent force, they'll be hard stopped though, theyve some great forwards and are solid from 1-9.

The Rower vs Shock is hard to call aswell, Shock will be buoyant having come straight back up after relegation but they're certainly no young team, on the other hand the Rower are on the back of an u21 county victory and in Pat Lyng and Richie Leahy they've two of the best young prospects in the county. This could be a real battle out in Thomastown and is hard to call.

On Sunday then county champs OLG take on Martins, again this could be fairly interesting game, O Loughlins have lost a few from last years team so they might have a relatively new look about them, I think they'll need to mix it up a bit this year two if they want to hold on to their throne. Martins were much better last year after a very tough 2015 and they certainly have a lot of belief out there, the one worry is they've not brought a huge amount through in the last couple of years- bar Brian Coady last year and a few 21/22 year olds they're getting older, that experience should serve them well in what will be a battle vs OLG but it will be interesting to see how they fare over the long year. For OLG it will be interesting to see if any of their younger contingent make a breakthrough, the likes of Jordan Molloy is a serious talent but its hard to see him breaking into the OLG back 6 which barring the retirement of Alan O Brien will probably be unchanged from last year.

In the Intermediate I think Ballycallan vs Fenians and Tullogher vs Tullaroan are two standout ties in terms of seeing what level those teams are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Carrickshock have Eanna Martin hurling with them this year former Wexford senior hurler.

Who is training the Shamrocks this year, is it true Cha (the prodigal son) is back hurling??

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »
    Carrickshock have Eanna Martin hurling with them this year former Wexford senior hurler.

Who is training the Shamrocks this year, is it true Cha (the prodigal son) is back hurling??

Eanna is a current sub on the Wexford team and I was told cha and conor walsh will be back both were absent last year.
    Think andy molaney is manager with bonner selector opposite to last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Village87

Quality write up KK club hurling, very little activity regarding club action here, i love club hurling weekends in Kilkenny. Clubs going at it hell for leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah great post, its great to read when you're living out of the country especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Village87 wrote: »
    Quality write up KK club hurling, very little activity regarding club action here, i love club hurling weekends in Kilkenny. Clubs going at it hell for leather.

A good few of us who post on here live outside the county/country so we don't get to see any KK club games unfortunately.

brookville wrote: »

Good week so for the underage crops,who and when are the u17 playing again?
    Kilkenny will more than likely meet the winners of Offaly and Meath which will take place next week. Dublin will meet the winners of Wexford Kildare in the other semi final. Chances are that it will be a KK Dublin final. Haven't got dates but I had heard that the AI Final of this is to be played in early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Niallers87

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=269236 good news for all ye cats fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

We're only a day away from the kick off of the club action for this year and It seems like we've a fairly exciting set of fixtures for the first weekend.

Senior kicks off with Clara vs Danesfort tomorrow, you'd expect that Clara should pick up a fairly routine win in this one but it'll perhaps be interesting to see have Danesfort improved from last year, for a number of years now they've been hopeful that a few of their younger lads would make the breakthrough in and around now, Des Dunne and Mullally are probably the best of that crop, will need to settle fast in what is a really tough group for the Fort.

The other two games in the fairly stacked group A are on Sunday, the Bridge play James Stephens in the afternoon and it could be a real interesting battle, they played out a fairly decent draw last year although the Village blew a big lead that day, I'd expect Jackie & Larks are putting in a huge effort with their clubs this year and this could really boost the lads around them, it will be interesting to see if KK minor Niall Brassil gets a run having been very good for CBS where I'm sure Niall Tyrell and Seamus Dwyer kept a watchful eye, the Bridge have lost a few to suspension and retirement for this one but if Lennon, Cleere, Morrissey and Blanchfield are all fit they'll have a strong spine. Both teams will be targeting it as a must win for different reasons so it should be a real battle.

That evening, Ballyhale and the Boro do battle, I think this could be the match of the round, I know its been said for years now but Boro really are a good young team, Ballyhale are a serious outfit still but I believe they are short a few players for this one which sets up nicely, if Ballyhale don't have Henry, Kevin & Darren Mullen and Colin as rumoured it opens this one right up. Ollie Walsh has been brilliant for the club the last few years too so itll be interesting to see if his time with KK has brought him on even more. For Ballyhale it would be exciting to see Adrian Mullen play but there's no rush on the chap either, it's easy forget that they were only a couple of pucks of a ball off OLG last year in the county final without ever really producing anything near their best, this could be a hell of a game between two teams at different stages of development.

In Group A we start off with two Saturday night games between Comer vs the Vat and Carrickshock vs Rower

The Comer game should be a real interesting battle because they are two sides with fairly contrasting styles, Comer have survived in senior in recent years by being generally a very tough team to beat, they're dogged as hell and Fogarty and Conor Delaney are comfortably their two main men, the Vat on the other hand have been a fairly open attacking team the last few years, which has made for very exciting games but questions remain over them on the big occasion, they played out a hum dinger in the championship vs Bridge last year, just got past them in a replay despite playing the second half vs 13 men and then totally flopped against Ballyhale in the quarter. If they can become a more consistent force, they'll be hard stopped though, theyve some great forwards and are solid from 1-9.

The Rower vs Shock is hard to call aswell, Shock will be buoyant having come straight back up after relegation but they're certainly no young team, on the other hand the Rower are on the back of an u21 county victory and in Pat Lyng and Richie Leahy they've two of the best young prospects in the county. This could be a real battle out in Thomastown and is hard to call.

On Sunday then county champs OLG take on Martins, again this could be fairly interesting game, O Loughlins have lost a few from last years team so they might have a relatively new look about them, I think they'll need to mix it up a bit this year two if they want to hold on to their throne. Martins were much better last year after a very tough 2015 and they certainly have a lot of belief out there, the one worry is they've not brought a huge amount through in the last couple of years- bar Brian Coady last year and a few 21/22 year olds they're getting older, that experience should serve them well in what will be a battle vs OLG but it will be interesting to see how they fare over the long year. For OLG it will be interesting to see if any of their younger contingent make a breakthrough, the likes of Jordan Molloy is a serious talent but its hard to see him breaking into the OLG back 6 which barring the retirement of Alan O Brien will probably be unchanged from last year.

In the Intermediate I think Ballycallan vs Fenians and Tullogher vs Tullaroan are two standout ties in terms of seeing what level those teams are at.
    Interesting tie in Ballyragget between St Lachtains, St patricks James Maher, Kevin Kelly, you would hope there season would take off from here, also Ger Allywards from Glenmore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Great win for Danesfort against Clara, bit of a surprise I'd have to say. Ballyragget beat Freshford, Glenmore beat Dunnamaggin.

phkk wrote: »
    Great win for Danesfort against Clara, bit of a surprise I'd have to say. Ballyragget beat Freshford, Glenmore beat Dunnamaggin.
    I thought Danesfort deserved to win. They were 4 points up early on, Clara came back to lead by seven only for Danesfort to come back again to win on a scoreline of 1.21 to 2.16. When the game was in the melting pot, Richie Hogan soloed from 40 yards to goal, hit a point off his hurl on the right wing off his right side and followed with a point off his left on the lefi wing. Paul Murphy, Shane Prendergast and Chris Bolger were solid without being anything special. James Mullally played well for the Fort. Conor O'Sho was listed as a sub but I don't think he got any gametime.
    From my programme, Ger Aylward was not listed on the Glenmore panel and Colin Fennelly, Michael Fennelly, Darren Mullen are listed as injured. Adrian Mullen and Joey Cuddihy are due to start in the forwards for Ballyhale. Richie Power is not on the Shock panel. Rob Lennon starts for the Bridge with Luke Scanlon at midfield for the Village.

I thought Danesfort deserved to win. They were 4 points up early on, Clara came back to lead by seven only for Danesfort to come back again to win on a scoreline of 1.21 to 2.16. When the game was in the melting pot, Richie Hogan soloed from 40 yards to goal, hit a point off his hurl on the right wing off his right side and followed with a point off his left on the lefi wing. Paul Murphy, Shane Prendergast and Chris Bolger were solid without being anything special. James Mullally played well for the Fort. Conor O'Sho was listed as a sub but I don't think he got any gametime.
    From my programme, Ger Aylward was not listed on the Glenmore panel and Colin Fennelly, Michael Fennelly, Darren Mullen are listed as injured. Adrian Mullen and Joey Cuddihy are due to start in the forwards for Ballyhale. Richie Power is not on the Shock panel. Rob Lennon starts for the Bridge with Luke Scanlon at midfield for the Village.

I agree with this danesfort started well and were sharp and clara's two goals the first one lucky set them back but richies goal gave them believe to actually win it and they finished very well. Mullally at wing foward was lively and lester got a few points aswell. I thought clara lacked a few fowards bar bolger who was quite enough.their half foward line was cleaned out in the 1st half. All in all it was an enjoyable match with the better team winning

• Advertisement

Sorry men, a misunderstanding as I wasn't at the game, just saw the result and would have thought that Clara would have beaten Danesfort. Was talking to a friend who was at it and said they were fully deserved winners. (Off to a bad start in my forecast predictions already😩😂!)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

phkk wrote: »
    Sorry men, a misunderstanding as I wasn't at the game, just saw the result and would have thought that Clara would have beaten Danesfort. Was talking to a friend who was at it and said they were fully deserved winners. (Off to a bad start in my forecast predictions already😩😂!)

Definitely was a shock, I think danesfort were 4/1 with Paddy Power. They are clearly very reliant on Richie so if he has an off day or is well marked they could be in trouble. A great win for them though because it's a very tough group, they'll be delighted if they can finish in the top 4.

Clara seem to be struggling to get back to the form they were in a couple of years ago, they've been inconsistent by the looks of it.

Good wins for Ballyragget and Glenmore in the intermediate. Why were ballyragget at home though? Thought these games are all neutral venues?

Django99 wrote: »
    Definitely was a shock, I think danesfort were 4/1 with Paddy Power. They are clearly very reliant on Richie so if he has an off day or is well marked they could be in trouble. A great win for them though because it's a very tough group, they'll be delighted if they can finish in the top 4.

Clara seem to be struggling to get back to the form they were in a couple of years ago, they've been inconsistent by the looks of it.

Good wins for Ballyragget and Glenmore in the intermediate. Why were ballyragget at home though? Thought these games are all neutral venues?

Ballyraget must have a home an away agreement I know some teams had that agreement in senior ballyhale and c/shock did anyway.
    Clara struggled last year starting off so it's not a major concern for them and conor o shea will strengthen their attack but as a neutral they haven't replaced conor phelan or austin murphy both ball winning forwards I still think they should reach the semi finals
    It's good to c most of our injured county lads on the programme for the weekend,richie reid is listed at 6,rob lennon at 3,john power at 12, colin fennelly must have a knock and dissapointed ger aylward isn't on the Glenmore panel. Anyone know how kevin kelly or james maher went last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Anybody know was Richie Hogan using the Reynolds composite hurl the other night? I see a lot of articles in papers and websites about it and he's on the the guys who helped with research, along with Seamie C and Neil Mc Manus. Anyone hear of any reports about them - different from the Cultecs by all accounts.

Ballyraget must have a home an away agreement I know some teams had that agreement in senior ballyhale and c/shock did anyway.
    Clara struggled last year starting off so it's not a major concern for them and conor o shea will strengthen their attack but as a neutral they haven't replaced conor phelan or austin murphy both ball winning forwards I still think they should reach the semi finals
    It's good to c most of our injured county lads on the programme for the weekend,richie reid is listed at 6,rob lennon at 3,john power at 12, colin fennelly must have a knock and dissapointed ger aylward isn't on the Glenmore panel. Anyone know how kevin kelly or james maher went last night?
    Kevin Kelly didn't hurl last night even though he was togged out, James Maher hurled well in the first half but went out of it in the second half he does not like passing a ball he was robbed a few times . Freshford could have wining the match they thew away a lot of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Martins were much better last year after a very tough 2015 and they certainly have a lot of belief out there

There really really isn't. Not even a little. Would be shocked if we survive this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Anybody know was Richie Hogan using the Reynolds composite hurl the other night? I see a lot of articles in papers and websites about it and he's on the the guys who helped with research, along with Seamie C and Neil Mc Manus. Anyone hear of any reports about them - different from the Cultecs by all accounts.

Well I know that Neil McManus wasn't using them in the division 2A final v Carlow. I mentioned it to him after the match and he just laughed. Said he still had a few ash hurls left to go through! Got the impression he wouldn't be using them though. I could be wrong on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Well I know that Neil McManus wasn't using them in the division 2A final v Carlow. I mentioned it to him after the match and he just laughed. Said he still had a few ash hurls left to go through! Got the impression he wouldn't be using them though. I could be wrong on that one.

Callanan isn't using them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Ballyragget and freshford tossed for venue as neither team wanted to play in lisdowney. Freshford were by far the better team in the first half and should have been much further ahead at half time . Ballyragget came out a much better team in the second half and just about deserved the victory. Both teams could have a big say in the championship.

• Advertisement

Another enjoyable match in Thomastown tonight with the men from the shocks snatching a draw at the death.
    Cathal ryan,tom murphy and pat lyng impressed for the rower while the shocks had some good performers farrell and dalton. Rice started well but faded. The addition of eanna martin will help their chances he got 2 points from number 6
    Joyce was good without being spectacular.john power also quite,unfortunately leahy went off before half time with a hamstring injury hopefully it's not to serious
    It was a good result for the shocks who are on a great run and probably fitter than most it's important for them to get a few points on the board.
    Richie and tennyson didn't together out

Comer beat Mullinavat by 7 points in what I thought was a disappointing match though Comer will not think so. Comer lead by seven at half-time helped by a goalkeepers mistake in gifting them a goal. Although Vat got a goal early in the second half, Comer regained control. John Walsh and Michael Malone were disappointing for Vat. Conor Delaney and Conor Fogarty were decent for Comer.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Carrickshock and the rower was enjoyable alright but bizarre that neither of the teams had a change of kit. Dunno how the players were picking each other out

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shirleysrumbler

minty81 wrote: »
    Carrickshock and the rower was enjoyable alright but bizarre that neither of the teams had a change of kit. Dunno how the players were picking each other out
    Long running dispute here. Rower abjectly refuse to change and Shocks have normally worn yellow strip for this tie. Shocks made Co Board rule on change for both teams in '15 QF . Co Board said Rower didn't have to change(Despite presense of red logo on Shocks Jersey).Shocks changed voluntarily for draw and Rower still wouldn't reciprocate in Replay.TBH when Rower aren't fighting among themselves they're experts at p***ing off everybody else in South Kilkenny.

A very enjoyable match in Tullaroan tonight between Fenians and Graigue/B. Bally started with two good points from play from Billy Ryan and Willie O'Connor. Fenians responded and dominated for the next 15 mins, Mark Webster scoring some nice frees. He has a lovely style of free taking, well worth a watch if anybody gets the chance to see him in action. JJ was imperious in the full back position, catching some great ball in that classic style of his. Bally came back into it before ht, gaining the upper hand to lead at the interval 0-7 v 0-6.
    The second half ebbed and flowed and it was intense. The first goal was always going to prove crucial and so it proved, falling to the Fenians men with a well taken goal by Niall Carroll, who picked up a quick sideline to race through from midfield and bury it past Ciaran Hoyne in the G/B goal, giving him no chance. In the lead up to that sideline, Fenians were bearing down on goal and should have had a penalty, the attacker clearly fouled by an awful and wreck less pull but it was somehow missed by the referee, and play was waved on. The ball was cleared over the sideline. However, a Fenians mentor must have been watching too much of Davy Fitz and encroached onto the field and abused and threatened the referee. This same mentor is a well known GAA coach and let himself down badly with his behaviour. Fenians subsequently scored the goal from the next phase of play, much to the pleasure of their supporters. Niall Carroll was starting to dominate in midfield, John Henderson was excellent at centre back and JJ was JJ, pure class! However, G/B scored a fantastic goal of their own through Sean O'Dwyer to bring them right back into it. Exchanges were tough and tense at this stage but it was the Fenians who finished stronger to pull away with a 6 point win, the score line a little disingenuous to the G/B effort. Best on the night were JJ, Henderson, Carroll, Kieran Grehan for the Fenians.
    James Ryall battled away at centre back for G/B, who had a young look to their team with three of their Kilkenny minor panel all starting, and impressing in their first intermediate game for the club, Tommy Ronan at corner back and two corner forwards in Sean Ryan and Jesse Roberts. Billy Ryan looked lively at midfield, Ger Teehan and Colum Prendiville were others to hurl well.
    A word on Tullaroan, full marks to their efforts in stewarding( must have been 40), pitch was pristine and had an electronic scoreboard which was great, giving time and score line.

minty81 wrote: »

Agreed it was hard to recognise which team had the ball at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

minty81 wrote:

Though it was a decent match myself. Very physical. Rower are a huge side.
    Carrickshock played some serious hurling in the first 15 mins raced into a 7 points to 1 lead. Rower came back to level it up in 1st half. Rower better team in 2nd half but shocks got 1-1 in last few mins for the draw. Richie leahy tore his hamstring while soloing the ball. Looked a bad enough tear. He looks very light for senior club never mind county. Kieran Joyce had a decent game. Pat Lyng midfield looks a small bit awkward but threw over a good few points in the end. Tom Murphy was good aswell. Conor Joyce was a handful as usual. For shocks Wexford man eanna martin was excellent at CB got 2 from play. Mark o dywer their best forward. John power quite enough but still got 1 goal and 2 points? Could have won it at end with a shot saved out for the leveling 65. Missing tennyson and Richie they will be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Really liked the look of Eanna Martin. Fantastic hurler, great pace and strength. Got 2 great points and supplied some lovely ball. He is a massive addition to Carrickshock.

Carrickshock missing John Tennyson, Richie Power and Davy Franks badly hurt then.

John Power was very poor tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Village won handy enough against the Bridge. The latter played with a sweeper in the first half to little effect. This allowed Jackie free rein. Bridge huffed and puffed but went in behind at half time. Second half the Village forwards got on top and picked off some nice scores. Best for the Village were all the ex county players, Scanlon, Crowdle. Morrissey and Cleere were best for the Bridge. Blanchfield was poor. Lennon ok.

See Galway hammered Tipp. Tipp are very overrated. The current bunch have always been just a score or two from being thrashed as we have shown throughout this decade. We don't have the team now to do it but others have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Village racked up a very decent score and combined very well at times. Played a nice brand of hurling. Bennettsbridge were atrocious at best. Scored 3 points from play in the entire game. They are not all that they are cracked up to be.

O'Loughlin gaels hammered the crap outta St. Martins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭droppingball

Attended mooncoin thomastown match this evening, poor enough fair. Thomastown won by 7 points, seemed to have the better bench which turned the game.

Mooncoin took an awful lot out of the ball and ran into contact way too much. They should be good enough to stay up however and need to get hennebry at full forward on the ball.

John Donnelly for thomastown ran the show with some sweet scores distribution and a great sideline cut. Assume he is with the 21s because he would be good option at centre forward.

Well done to our camogie ladies on putting two league titles back to back.

unrealtime wrote: »
    See Galway hammered Tipp. Tipp are very overrated. The current bunch have always been just a score or two from being thrashed as we have shown throughout this decade. We don't have the team now to do it but others have.

Is that what we have become? Rub Tipp's nose in it when they lose the league final... Even though we've had a pretty poor league campaign ourselves :rolleyes:

Well done to our camogie ladies on putting two league titles back to back.

Yes, well done to the camogie team, congrats!

Well deserved win for the Boro in a lively encounter. Lead from from centre back by Buckley, Boro had a better balance especially up front where there was a good spread of scorers. They were made earn this win by Shamrocks who combined excellently at times. They were though heavily dependent on TJ for scores who continued his excellent inter county form. Richie Reid got on the scoreboard but was out of it at times at MF. Colin Fennelly got a trademark goal but spent most of the match mouthing at the ref. He doesn't look fit to me. Mick didn't feature.
    Buckley was excellent at CB. Walsh was solid continuing his form from last year. Cody was sound at FB. In this form he could do a job for the Cats imo.

Attended mooncoin thomastown match this evening, poor enough fair. Thomastown won by 7 points, seemed to have the better bench which turned the game.

Mooncoin took an awful lot out of the ball and ran into contact way too much. They should be good enough to stay up however and need to get hennebry at full forward on the ball.

John Donnelly for thomastown ran the show with some sweet scores distribution and a great sideline cut. Assume he is with the 21s because he would be good option at centre forward.
    Donnelly is in with the 21s he was good last year with the minors.
    Bit of a suprise the boro beating ballyhale today anyone know who played well?

citykat wrote: »
    Well deserved win for the Boro in a lively encounter. Lead from from centre back by Buckley, Boro had a better balance especially up front where there was a good spread of scorers. They were made earn this win by Shamrocks who combined excellently at times. They were though heavily dependent on TJ for scores who continued his excellent inter county form. Richie Reid got on the scoreboard but was out of it at times at MF. Colin Fennelly got a trademark goal but spent most of the match mouthing at the ref. He doesn't look fit to me. Mick didn't feature.
    Buckley was excellent at CB. Walsh was solid continuing his form from last year. Cody was sound at FB. In this form he could do a job for the Cats imo.
    It's a pity we didn't try someone else at 3 during the league. How did conor doheny or the gaffneys go for the boro? I thought colin was injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Ballyhale don't care about the league. Their training is completely tailored around peaking for the knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Well done the kittens.donnelly of thomastown good minor last year great paw on him.

It's a pity we didn't try someone else at 3 during the league. How did conor doheny or the gaffneys go for the boro? I thought colin was injured
    They had Doheny try to man mark TJ. He wasn't very successful but he did hit some ball of his own. A Gaffney played well. Scored the frees. M Gaffney had a quieter evening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement