Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Martin567

Yeah I would have assumed the same to be honest and what I heard could be wrong also!! I remember though he hurled very well at wing back for the minors in 2014!! I think Delaney is our best option at full back and he's in good form at the minute too!! I think Leahy should be fit for Wednesday. I wonder will Martin Keoghan be near the team, he's been in great form for Tullaron lately. My team for Wednesday would be:

Brennan
    Doheny, Delaney, D Mullen
    Huw Lawlor, Cleere, T Walsh
    Scanlon, P Lyng
    Leahy, Morrisey, B Ryan
    A Murphy, Blanchfield, J Walsh

Isn't Paddy Deegan still U21 also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Martin567 wrote: »
    Isn't Paddy Deegan still U21 also?

Deegan overage I'm near certain

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Yeah I would have assumed the same to be honest and what I heard could be wrong also!! I remember though he hurled very well at wing back for the minors in 2014!! I think Delaney is our best option at full back and he's in good form at the minute too!! I think Leahy should be fit for Wednesday. I wonder will Martin Keoghan be near the team, he's been in great form for Tullaron lately. My team for Wednesday would be:

Brennan
    Doheny, Delaney, D Mullen
    Huw Lawlor, Cleere, T Walsh
    Scanlon, P Lyng
    Leahy, Morrisey, B Ryan
    A Murphy, Blanchfield, J Walsh

I stand to be corrected on this but i think Lawlor is overage.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Like that side except would put donnelly in for morissey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

I'm nearly sure Lawlor captained OLG to win the minor in 2014 so think he is underage, Deegan is definitely overage though

Maybe he is but I thought it was said here before his underage.I'd expect morrisey to start considering he was involved with the seniors but I seen him in the last two bridge matches he was poor I'd have gaffney or donnelly ahead of him.When will the 21 team be named,Monday or Tuesday?

I'm nearly sure Lawlor captained OLG to win the minor in 2014 so think he is underage, Deegan is definitely overage though

Now that you mention it, was that the guy who was playing centre back and was the standout hurler on the pitch until he got sent off on a second yellow with about 10 minutes to go?

brookville wrote: »
    Maybe he is but I thought it was said here before his underage.I'd expect morrisey to start considering he was involved with the seniors but I seen him in the last two bridge matches he was poor I'd have gaffney or donnelly ahead of him.When will the 21 team be named,Monday or Tuesday?

Yeah aside from his underwhelming Senior debut against Waterford, have seen Morrissey with the 'bridge and St Pats and didn't stand out as a potential Senior hurler on either occasion. His progress seems to have stalled atm.

Yeah aside from his underwhelming Senior debut against Waterford, have seen Morrissey with the 'bridge and St Pats and didn't stand out as a potential Senior hurler on either occasion. His progress seems to have stalled atm.

A lot lad told me before don't mind what he scores it's his runs,work and setting up is the reason his earmarked bit as I said I looked at him against the village and Clara and I wasn't impressed granted I thought blanch should of done more in both games also so maybe I'm being just to critical.Blanch is definitely work in progress for the county and he'll probably make it hopefully morrisey will be the same.I'm really excited for wednesday night I'd say there'll be a decent crowd.tg4 also showing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Village87

When will the under 21 team be picked ?

Dubs looked awful yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

Some terrace tickets for the Wexford game available on tickets.ie, they had stand tickets earlier but they appear to be sold out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭murtyd17

all gone from tickets.ie just after lunch today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

They will be back up by next week they have to wait for the clubs to send in their orders.

Is the Under 21 team picked ? No the brightest move by Eddie Brennan going on the Sunday Game after the Dublin match Sunday and having a go at Dublin hurling. Should have bypassed last week. If i was involved with Dublin Wednesday id be mentioning it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

me89 wrote: »
    Some terrace tickets for the Wexford game available on tickets.ie, they had stand tickets earlier but they appear to be sold out already.

For the covered/uncovered stand tickets, is the seating reserved or unreserved?

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/1982

John Walsh and darren mullen must be injured?kevin farrell not on the panel either.I presume mossy is doing his leaving I thought he'd make the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Anyone know the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

A few changes from speculated team. Top quality side really showing strength in depth. I would be surprised and more worried about the future if that team were to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

For the covered/uncovered stand tickets, is the seating reserved or unreserved?

all unreserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

unrealtime wrote: »
    A few changes from speculated team. Top quality side really showing strength in depth. I would be surprised and more worried about the future if that team were to lose.

Real starting team is different from that on the webside

1. Darren Brennan
    2. Michael Cody
    3. Conor Delaney
    4. Ryan Bergin
    5. Tommy Walsh
    6. Jason Cleere
    7. conor doheny
    8. Huw LAwlor
    9. PAt Lyng
    10. Alan Murphy
    11. Sean Morrissey
    12. Billy Ryan
    13. Shane WAlsh
    14. Liam Blanchfield
    15. John Walsh

Thought Luke would be a certain starter, bench is strong, Luke, Leahy, Donnelly, Hennessy, 4 very good forwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Nedflanders02

pmy.murphy wrote: »

1. Darren Brennan
    2. Michael Cody
    3. Conor Delaney
    4. Ryan Bergin
    5. Tommy Walsh
    6. Jason Cleere
    7. conor doheny
    8. Huw LAwlor
    9. PAt Lyng
    10. Alan Murphy
    11. Sean Morrissey
    12. Billy Ryan
    13. Shane WAlsh
    14. Liam Blanchfield
    15. John Walsh

Any idea why the incorrect team is up on the website? The above team with Scanlon, Leahy, Mullen and Donnelly on the bench shows how strong a panel we have this year!!

Village87 wrote: »
    Thought Luke would be a certain starter, bench is strong, Luke, Leahy, Donnelly, Hennessy, 4 very good forwards

If luke is not starting he must be carrying an injury but I presume he has some kind of injury.I also thought mullen would make the team and Kevin farrell would make the panel but maybe there's a few injuries we don't know a about,overall it looks a good team but you have to be cautious especially with u21s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DickoHara

The best of luck to kilkenny u21s

pmy.murphy wrote: »

1. Darren Brennan
    2. Michael Cody
    3. Conor Delaney
    4. Ryan Bergin
    5. Tommy Walsh
    6. Jason Cleere
    7. conor doheny
    8. Huw LAwlor
    9. PAt Lyng
    10. Alan Murphy
    11. Sean Morrissey
    12. Billy Ryan
    13. Shane WAlsh
    14. Liam Blanchfield
    15. John Walsh

According to Kilkenny GAA and Kilkenny People websites Leahy and Scanlon are starting and John and Shane Walsh are not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Tipp boys doing a spectacular job of self sabatoge it has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Tipp boys doing a spectacular job of self sabatoge it has to be said.

Yerra, Barrett will be back when he's fit, togged out in sackcloth chanting 'Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa' (someone can explain to him what it means). Pragmatism will prevail when good defenders are needed. For a guard, Paudie Maher does seem particularly dim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

MfMan wrote: »
    Yerra, Barrett will be back when he's fit, togged out in sackcloth chanting 'Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa' (someone can explain to him what it means). Pragmatism will prevail when good defenders are needed. For a guard, Paudie Maher does seem particularly dim.

I seriously doubt he'll be back unless there is a change in management to be honest. Not unless all that has been rumored is complete nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

Apparently queue outside Wexford park since 07.30 for tickets to go on sale at 9.00 according to the Twitter machine

• Advertisement

Wexford park jammers

What did Barrett do to get dropped ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Comerman

Trying to hurl with a hangover according to other sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

sjb25 wrote: »
    Apparently queue outside Wexford park since 07.30 for tickets to go on sale at 9.00 according to the Twitter machine
    sjb25 wrote: »
    Wexford park jammers

Quiet build-up in Wexford then!

Quiet build-up in Wexford then!

Would seem so even the all Ireland wining captain had to queue up :)

Jaysus will be a coldron of fire, Kilkenny be doing well to get out alive

dzer2 wrote: »
    They will be back up by next week they have to wait for the clubs to send in their orders.

wexford park is sold out . the gorly days are back

A quick video of "some" of the queue this morning in Wexford crazy going to be some crowd

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1493885453996000&id=106573516060541

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

The gory days ARE back indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭droppingball

On word on season tickets for this game yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

On word on season tickets for this game yet?

Wondering the same myself! Sent an email querying it but no reply!

Kilkenny better send more tickets to Wexford before a riot happens

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Muntz39

Season ticket email arrived this afternoon. relevant piece below.

Season Ticket Holders will be seated in the Covered Stand and unreserved seating will be operation on the day. There will not be a "Bring a Friend" option for this fixture due to the limited stand capacity.

To attend this fixture you simply need to attend the venue and present your season ticket card for scanning at the designated Stand turnstile(s).

Muntz39 wrote: »
    Season ticket email arrived this afternoon. relevant piece below.

Season Ticket Holders will be seated in the Covered Stand and unreserved seating will be operation on the day. There will not be a "Bring a Friend" option for this fixture due to the limited stand capacity.

To attend this fixture you simply need to attend the venue and present your season ticket card for scanning at the designated Stand turnstile(s).

how many season ticket holders are they in kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

how many season ticket holders are they in kilkenny

Last year I think it was 1,200 season ticket holders probably different this year.
    The capacity in Wexford was reduced to 15,000 on Health and safety grounds.
    I know the Boro and the Village got an allocation of 60 tickets total with only 14 for the stand if you multiply that out for the 44 clubs your talking 2,640 plus say season ticket holders of 1,200 and say another 1000 may have got them on line or in SuperValu. I would say the Kilkenny crowd won't break the 5,000 mark. We'll be out numbered 2 to 1 but thankfully not on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I seriously doubt we'd get close to 5K KK fans there. There will be loads who won't bother going because a) Wexford Park is a balls to go to and b) afraid we'll lose

I agree with the above I know a few who won't go because it's a disaster to get in and out of but I'm sure the usuall die hards will be there,is know I'll be there anyway I'm looking forward to it. we were away in carlton house recently and things are good.Padraig will probably make it id say he has the boot off and no set backs other than we should have a full pick.
    Best of luck to the u21 tonight looking forward to seeing how they get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Would I be right in saying that the u21 match is being televised on tg4, but they won't actually broadcast it internationally? This was the case last year, for no reason whatsoever it wasn't possible to watch the match outside of Ireland (I say no reason whatsoever, because it isn't the case that the rights to the match were taken by gaago or anyone else, it simply isn't possible legally to watch it abroad). I hope I'm wrong about the above and they've changed policy from last year. It's such an important match, really annoyed not to be able to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Would I be right in saying that the u21 match is being televised on tg4, but they won't actually broadcast it internationally? This was the case last year, for no reason whatsoever it wasn't possible to watch the match outside of Ireland (I say no reason whatsoever, because it isn't the case that the rights to the match were taken by gaago or anyone else, it simply isn't possible legally to watch it abroad). I hope I'm wrong about the above and they've changed policy from last year. It's such an important match, really annoyed not to be able to watch it.

Yeah Ireland only, if u go to tg4.ie & click on schedule, Ireland only programmes have an "e" beside them & unfortunately GAA Beo tonight in the listings has that "e" beside it

Look up a VPN that can bypass regional restrictions & watch geoblocked channels maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

robwen wrote: »
    Yeah Ireland only, if u go to tg4.ie & click on schedule, Ireland only programmes have an "e" beside them & unfortunately GAA Beo tonight in the listings has that "e" beside it

Look up a VPN that can bypass regional restrictions & watch geoblocked channels maybe

Yeah that's what I thought. Have tried to use VPNs in the past but in the last year or two they just never seem to work, think RTE and TG4 have upped their game in that regard. I just don't understand who stands to benefit from their not broadcasting this outside Ireland, there's nobody else showing it. Sent them several Tweets about it last year and they were responding no problem until they finally understood my point, which was that the ban on broadcasting outside Ireland doesn't actually make any sense for a game that isn't being televised by anyone other than themselves. At that stage they just stopped responding, so I can only assume they actually don't know themselves what the logic of it is, but that they're sure they won't be changing their approach anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement