Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband Letterkenny

Options
  • 25-11-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

I see Sky are giving a 32" TV for free if you sign up with them, and I was wondering if anyone has their broadband in LK and if it's worth it?

Currently with Digiweb, and get 45mb (limited by line, apparently it's a higher package) for €40/month.

I might consider getting Sky BB if they have a cheaper combi TV/Phone/BB deal. The free TV would be appreciated by mammy too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I cant comment on the quality of their BB in Letterkenny but Im in the twin towns area and have had bb with them for nearly 3 years now and have had no problems. They use Eirs lines just like most providers do so its going to be all pretty standard. I have the basic bb and I get fairly constant speeds of around 12mb but a friend of mine has their fibre bb installed and he gets around 45mb.

They have various offers and bundles some of which combine the TV and BB but they change every so often and even carphone warehouse have a promotion running for Sky which I dont think you can get by signing up directly with them.

The good news is that they have their own Talk To forum here on Boards so you could post a question there. Most likely they will ask you to PM your contact details and they will call you back and discuss what offers they currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭Nollog

I have sky broadband in the town, it's alright. It's slightly worse than eir's wholesale offering which it's based on with some BT stuff going on alongside it.

On the whole you wouldn't see much difference between digiweb/eir/whoever. A little bit extra buffering at peak if that. The modem they give you isn't the best.
    I don't watch TV so I don't have any opinion on that.

Edit:
    I will say though, for me. I got skybb in Cobh because they worked out cheapest for their contract length.
    They were a nightmare to get up and going, many calls and a single visit by an eircom tech, found out the line wasn't working inside the apartment and installed a new NTU box by the window.
    Moved to Letterkenny in July. Had many many many phone calls, and no visit from a tech. Had no internet until October, had 1 week of fibre speeds, then no internet for a full week, then they sorted it out finally.

My only comparison for installation was in college, and that took like 2 weeks or something, but that was way before eircom had to compete fairly.
    And UPC, which was and in and out job for the tech.

Aside from the installs, they're great imo. But you should probably be aware of the problems they might have with installs.
    My LK move just happened at a bad time, they apparently had some back-office issue with new broadband installs that week and as a result my order got cancelled and re-ordered about 6 times.
    But they're good, they never charged me(I always asked to be credited the time without service when I phoned them) until I called them to let them know the internet finally worked, and bought me a wired phone for testing.

Advertisement