Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expanse adaptation on Syfy

• 25-11-2015 12:56pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else watch the adaptation of the first book of the Expanse series of books?
    Or, at least the first season will be the first book, and they've released the first episode online, before terrestrial broadcasts begin in mid December.

Having read the books over the summer and autumn I have to say they've done a great job, keeping the everything pretty true, with some changes here and there but nothing that breaks it.

Not sure what non readers of the franchise will make of it, I just hope they get the chance to do the whole published series, it'll be a hell of a couple of years to work through the material.
    Though, Syfy don't have a great reputation of having shows get a long run, especially an expensive show like this must be.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's a thread in the general TV forum too; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057362724

and yeah, I thought it was pretty decent, if perhaps a little unfriendly to those unfamiliar with the books; like you I'd also wonder how much time / money ScyFy would be willing to invest in this, considering how impatient they can be. It looked ... expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

I enjoyed it. Hope the show does well, and that SyFy don't cut it to show more ghost hunters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I enjoyed it. Hope the shoe does well, and that SyFy don't cut it to show more ghost hunters.

Or wrestling

Advertisement