Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder

• 25-11-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Anyone spot any offers on camcorders
    Maybe sd card one
    Something small

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

With the quality you get from a mobile phone these days I'm not sure why anyone would buy a camcorder. Unless it's a GoPro 4k, but even at that you have a bit of a fish eye lens. If you need the zoom, then a good bridge camera is what you want rather than a dedicated camcorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm in the same boat. My daughter wants a little camcorder. I don't want to get her a phone, and anyway, you only get decent video recording on the higher end phones. The entry smart phone 100 quid phone cameras are pants.

Thing is there are lots of action cams, and then some very cheap and very poorly reviewed 50 quid camcorders from vivitar and stuff and then there's a big jump up to 200 quid and over for dvr handycam style stuff.

-There seems to be very little in the middle ground for my budget (100 ish).

I don't want a gopro either -this isn't for a boy with a bmx and a helmet mount, it's a for a girl doing girly stuff so a little handycam would be perfect if they weren't so dear :(

Having said that, I'm considering the Polaroid cube, simply cos it's very very easy to use and it looks really cool. But if anyone has any other recommendations.... ?

Advertisement