Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas FM 2015

• 25-11-2015 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

Hey I see Christmas FM are back from this Saturday, according to the papers today.

Just wanted to say all the best to Garv, Walter, Darragh, Paul & the gang.

Any new/old jocks making an appearance this year ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I love and loathe this station in equal measure...

Already available online but FM details below:
    http://www.bai.ie/index.php/2015/11/128548/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

is it on DAB?

Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
    It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
    Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
    You see she's been sick for quite a while
    And I know these shoes would make her smile
    And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight

AWWWWWWWWW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
    It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
    Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
    You see she's been sick for quite a while
    And I know these shoes would make her smile
    And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight

AWWWWWWWWW

No. No. No. NO.
    That's a horrible, horrible song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

is it on DAB?

It was in the past, but I think Andy Linton's temp DAB licence is long over and RTE don't have anything that's not RTE branded on their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I live in the Drogheda area and there is a problem with 99.4fm ,it seems to be about 5 second s behind 94.3 .
    Most people have af in there car and it bounces to the strongest frequency.
    I know radio has a drag, however 2fm etc all seem to be running on the same timing when af moves to a different frequency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Is there any schedule available for christmas fm? not on fb or their website. by the way good to hear stevie bolger back on the air last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

castle2012 wrote: »
    I live in the Drogheda area and there is a problem with 99.4fm ,it seems to be about 5 second s behind 94.3 .
    I know radio has a drag, however 2fm etc all seem to be running on the same timing when af moves to a different frequency.

The guys are working on the problem, i'm in the midlands and was on the phone to one of the guys on sunday for 20 min trying to work out some problems !

Once again Sligo misses out! Why couldnt they use Truskmore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Once again Sligo misses out! Why couldnt they use Truskmore?

Did you contact Christmas FM and ask them yourself?

Did you contact Christmas FM and ask them yourself?

Sent an email but no response!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

castle2012 wrote: »

The guys are working on the problem, i'm in the midlands and was on the phone to one of the guys on sunday for 20 min trying to work out some problems !
    Add your reply here.
    Seems to be alot better this week . Well done all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

You can't just 'use Truskmore'.

You have to apply for and get a licence to use a particular site.

Your transmission provider has to have, or have access to a transmitter/antenna system at that site, and a method of getting the audio there.

And you have to be able to afford whatever the transmission provider charges per site.

Truskmore is an RTE site, and RTE do not provide transmission to Christmas FM.

If you can't get on Truskmore, it's quite difficult to cover Sligo.

It's a pity I know, but I would imagine that Christmas FM would cover every town and city if they could, but total coverage for a temporary station isn't practical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Anyone who listens to Christmas FM for any length of time will notice that there are voiceovers - jingles, station id, promoting online services, mention of sponsors, etc. Does anyone know the identity of any of the voiceover artists used? - there are a number of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@Declan. One of the them is definitely Mango who also does Setanta Sports v/o's and the 738 podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭mang0

Anyone who listens to Christmas FM for any length of time will notice that there are voiceovers - jingles, station id, promoting online services, mention of sponsors, etc. Does anyone know the identity of any of the voiceover artists used? - there are a number of them.

Yep, I'm one. PM me if you want more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

As I was sitting in my car at the traffic lights this morning I was thinking to myself, would they ever just shut up talking & yapping about nothing, and play some Christmas music....

More Christmas music and less chat please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

mang0 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm one. PM me if you want more info

Which voiceover bits are you responsible for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭mang0

Which voiceover bits are you responsible for?

Top of the hour, song contest, various promos ...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Anyone have issues with playing this station on internet radios?

I see it listed on my Roberts Stream83i, however it won't play, citing unsupported media or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working by playing it through Winamp first to get the proper URL that works with the internet radio. Can only assume it doesn't like the pls URL on the CFM website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

byte wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with playing this station on internet radios?

I see it listed on my Roberts Stream83i, however it won't play, citing unsupported media or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working by playing it through Winamp first to get the proper URL that works with the internet radio. Can only assume it doesn't like the pls URL on the CFM website.

Yes. The volume is all over the place, between different pieces of music, and between music and the add then blaring. Kept having to reach for the volume control.
    Gave up. Unlistenable to really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

I'm living in Kerry and the RDS is reading 8 Radio ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Xmas fm off air in cork since lunch time today!

Advertisement