Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2016 Games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Do those who attend notice a Jaguars following develop?

I forgot todays game was on, but from previous games most of the jerseys in the crowd are from fans of other teams.
    But have these games actually fermented a genuine Jags support base at all yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I forgot todays game was on, but from previous games most of the jerseys in the crowd are from fans of other teams.

Unless they were fiddling with the sound on the telly, there seemed to be more of a 'home' support there today. Although there were a lot of Colts jersies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I was there, the Jags were definitely more the home team. Really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Yeh I would agree that the Jaguars were definitely the most followed team at it. We asked ourselves the same question as we walked into Wembley. There is a huge dilution of jerseys from across the NFL obviously as everyone who wants to go to a game will come to this from across Europe. But the Jags were definitely the most supported.

One moment really did make me think about it though. An American guy in a Pats jersey was sitting behind me and during the 4th quarter asked me if I was just a Jags fan since they started playing in London. He was startled when I told him I actually started following them in 2002. But that does definitely seem to be the big thing. Its all bandwagon fans, but its great to see such a large fan base at the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I heard a stat a couple of weeks ago (on the TalkSport NFL show I think) along the lines that before the Jags first started coming to London they were the 31st most supported team in the UK and now they are the 9th most. So definitely progress.

I'm developing a bit of a soft-spot for them tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

When are tickets expected to be available for the 2017 games?
    I see there could be 4 games in London.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-will-reportedly-be-adding-more-london-games-in-2017/

Advertisement