Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work joke gone bad

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

This is absolutely ridiculous. OP already has a witness statement, OP clearly has tinnitus caused by the accident. The fact that a big wig flew over from the UK to sit down with OPs witness and discourage them from aiding OP is outrageous. The accident report clearly stating that the manager popped the packaging behind OPs ear....

How is this not a clear cut case against the manager/ex employer?

It baffles me...

The witness has recanted the statement and now is not supporting the op's version of events. Those statements are not given under oath and can be changed at any time before he/she is called into the witness box.

Th fact that manager spoke to the witness is hearsay given by a friend of the op, how is the op to prove the meeting between the manager and the op was only about the op or that the incident was even spoken about?

The op would have to prove her version of events and the company now has a witness (the one who previously supported the op) who will not confirm the op's account of the incident.

To the victor the spoils, to the loser the bill, and a hefty one at that if the employer has a good/expensive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amsteresident

Hi all, thanks for the posts and the support. I have been having a rough few days with all of this.
    All my info and medical files are with the assessor of the company. My lawyer told me to wait.
    We have the following evidence already:
    *previous statement from witness which although cannot be used in its form, it can be referred to if witness goes under oath. Either way, assessors are aware of statement and the u-turn.
    *injury report filled in by manager and also an email where admission is made.
    *medical proof of air pressure injury to ear and several subsequent doctor appointments i had because tinnitus is a horrid non stop tormenting pestering loud infuriating relentless injury that has driven me mental.

I have been told by solicitor it is just a matter of waiting for a liability acceptance or refusal. If i get told the answer of "yes we accept" or "no flip off" i will be out of the dark (remember i am not looking out for piles of money here. So long as the medical bills are paid i will be able to move on and start trying to live with the ringing in my ear).
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amsteresident

They are a dirty shower of so and so's. They are trying to use dental records to prove that the tinnitus is not prolonged because of the impact damage. Dirty. I want this case to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

They are a dirty shower of so and so's. They are trying to use dental records to prove that the tinnitus is not prolonged because of the impact damage. Dirty. I want this case to end.

Hi Amsteresident - if you are not happy with your solicitor then get a second legal opinion. Also has your solicitor sent papers to a barrister to draw up proceedings. This is not your fault - the company were wrong as was your manager. If your ex-colleague was on the stand in court he/she is obliged to tell the truth under oath despite what any bigwig from Head Office said to him. If the ex-colleague is lying on the stand it will be found out.

I wish you all the best with this case. Just remember your not in the wrong - they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any update?

• Advertisement
Advertisement