Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 10 - Sunday March 6th 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Does the AI members form require a registration number or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I assume you need your AI number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Might be different this year but in general they do not ask you for your AI number. On the registration today they had a drop down menu for your club but did not ask for an AI number. To be honest, I'd be surprised if they ask for it tomorrow. Honour system all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Might be different this year but in general they do not ask you for your AI number. On the registration today they had a drop down menu for your club but did not ask for an AI number. To be honest, I'd be surprised if they ask for it tomorrow. Honour system all the way :)

Just registered as a club member...Exactly as you said, pick your club from the drop down menu of clubs. They do mention they check but that's debatable..I'd say very much an honours system alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Took me all of 2 mins to register yesterday which was a much smoother experience than last year. Guess I have to do a bit of training now of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

Its been a race of great history. Looking forward to it. Just the right distance for a challenge but not too far to leave one drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Well that was easy.:) The ol' club membership does come in handy from time to time.:D

Now for the hard part, starting the training for a sub-60.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

I'm trying to register now but the site is saying that registrations are not available which is odd as they are supposed to be open until midnight on the 11th for club runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I'm trying to register now but the site is saying that registrations are not available which is odd as they are supposed to be open until midnight on the 11th for club runners.

Looks like Registrations are not available...they may have hit their limit I guess with clubs and overseas runners

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

• Advertisement

Cona wrote: »
    Looks like Registrations are not available...they may have hit their limit I guess with clubs and overseas runners

You had me worried there for a while ðŸ˜႒
    Just entered now, got to keep the mug collection going

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Came across this thought it might be of interest to some here

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2015/03/preview-audio-description-of.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I can get through to the registration page. You could always try registering by post. From the website:

"3) Postal entries: A PDF copy of the entry form will be published on the
    Ballycotton website on the evening of Friday December 11th, and will also be
    available in the usual local outlets.
    All club and Summer Series entrants (see above) and overseas will be
    accepted by post up to and including Thursday December 17th.The first 200
    non-club entries to arrive by post will be also be added to the above."

Edit: Didn't see the later posts - I see registration is open again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Do the organisers allow transfers for this? I got an entry but I've just not done enough training lately with work/sickness, and I have study to do over the next two weeks so I just won't have time to get into satisfactory shape for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

chrislad wrote: »
    Do the organisers allow transfers for this? I got an entry but I've just not done enough training lately with work/sickness, and I have study to do over the next two weeks so I just won't have time to get into satisfactory shape for this!

No, transfers are absolutely not allowed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Might be worth dropping them an email to see if you can defer your entry until next year, some races will accommodate this, some not, worth a try at least.

No, transfers are absolutely not allowed.

The bold font wasn't really needed. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

adrian, thanks for that. I'll fire them off an email and see if I can defer as I would like to do it, it's just a long way to travel to put in a crappy performance!

the reason for the bold font by TFB may be because Ballycotton take transferring of numbers very seriously and even went so far as to publish photos of people who were running with numbers they had not registered for a few years ago. I'd also be very surprised if they allowed anyone to defer for a year.

I am aware of that which is why I asked do the organizers allow it? Some races allow the transfer of numbers, some don't. I wasn't aware which was the case here. I wasn't offering my number to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The bold font wasn't really needed. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

There's no need to be so sensitive. A simple yes or no might have sufficed for you but every year there are plenty of runners who don't get the message and it doesn't hurt to hammer home the fact that swapping numbers is a big no-no and can cause serious issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

the reason for the bold font by TFB may be because Ballycotton take transferring of numbers very seriously and even went so far as to publish photos of people who were running with numbers they had not registered for a few years ago. I'd also be very surprised if they allowed anyone to defer for a year.

I believe one of the ladies age group winners ran an incredible time last year - unsurprising as the lad she gave her number to is a fairly handy in his own age group. Don't reckon she'll ever be allowed enter again!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Race number arrived this morning, nice booklet that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Race numbers this year have first name and M/F age group printed on them. Definitely cracking down on number swappers!

Also, interesting to look at the Top 40 men's performances in the race booklet. Most of these are from the 80's and 90's, the most recent being 2005. Five in a row winner Sergiu doesn't even figure, coming in 11 secs short of 40th place. What does this say about the state of distance running at the moment?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

It's my first time doing it. Thought it was a nice booklet to get. Enjoyed flicking through it, normally I just toss race booklets to the side as they're usually just filled with ads

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Does anyone know if there are buses going down from the city for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Does anyone know if there are buses going down from the city for this?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Gavlor wrote: »
    Yep

Yep there are buses going down or yes someone knows if there are? :-)

Do you have details if it's the former please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

There may or may not be buses going from the train station in Cork. You will have to contact Ballycotton Running to find out. Details for this are in the booklet, which you should have received.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Bus leaving from the city in the RSC.

WHICH CITY?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Pola007

Hey,

Does anyone have info on buses to get from race back to Cork-Dublin? I will rideshare down to the race but my party is staying over and I have to get back to Dublin. I just need to get to the Train station in Cork -I do not have a copy of the booklet mentioned -yet (in the mail) cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement