Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon deal on Garmin Forerunner 220

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Available again until 5pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Was just coming on to post about this. Includes HRM strap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good deal alright, think I'll hold out for a 225 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Murph_D wrote: »
    Good deal alright, think I'll hold out for a 225 though.

interestingly I was in a run shop in town today asking about the 225, the owner said he'd had 6 returns out of 10 sales and he's stopped stocking it. Apparently Garmin released a newer version only 9 months after this one came out, which is a sign they know there's an issue, so perhaps you should hold out for the 235!! FWIW he wasn't trying to sell me a more expensive watch, he actually recommended a much cheaper Polar.

Firedance wrote: »
    interestingly I was in a run shop in town today asking about the 225, the owner said he'd had 6 returns out of 10 sales and he's stopped stocking it. Apparently Garmin released a newer version only 9 months after this one came out, which is a sign they know there's an issue, so perhaps you should hold out for the 235!! FWIW he wasn't trying to sell me a more expensive watch, he actually recommended a much cheaper Polar.

You're right - 235 is out already apparently. And it has battery life issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Is there much difference between the 220 and the 225? I'm also on the lookout for a new watch. Can the 220 do splits etc for interval training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the 220 and the 225? I'm also on the lookout for a new watch. Can the 220 do splits etc for interval training?

AFAIK the only difference is the 225 has the HR in the watch rather than using a strap, the 220 can be set up for intervals & you can upload workouts, I've never heard anyone complain about it - I went for the offer above yesterday so glad to see murph thinks its,a good deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Firedance wrote: »
    AFAIK the only difference is the 225 has the HR in the watch rather than using a strap, the 220 can be set up for intervals & you can upload workouts, I've never heard anyone complain about it - I went for the offer above yesterday so glad to see murph thinks its,a good deal :)

Yeah have had 220 myself for about 18 months. No complaints, the bluetooth syncing is a bit hit and miss but that's very much a nice to have function.

Use intervals and upload workouts no problem.

Thanks lads. One or the other will be bought this weekend. The heart rate monitor on watch I'd imagine is a lot handier than the strap. Hope it's as reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Murph_D wrote: »
    You're right - 235 is out already apparently. And it has battery life issues.

In fact I only got a mail from Garmin this morning about it, and the rest of the new models.
    http://explore.garmin.com/en-IE/forerunner/?utm_source=garmin_emea&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=EMEA%2C+ForerunnerFamilyLaunch_7680%2C+ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

The only difference between the 220 & 225 is that the 225 has the built in optical HR monitor
    The 620 is the more advanced model and incudes Vo2Max, run dynamics etc.

Garmin have just released the next iteration of these in the 230, 235 & 630.

Check out DcRainmans site for a full review and comparison.

The 220 is a great watch, no doubt about it. Bought one myself when it came out but the Mrs nabbed it and I've hardly seen it since. :p. Luckily my old 410 is still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Baggirshorts

I have the 220 and recently bought the 225.
    They are both very good watches but the advantage that the 225 has is no more pesky chest strap. I have purchased about 3 of them in the last 2 years as they work for a period of time then just seem to stop (or have for me) Did the usual change the batteries etcetra........no use.
    But the watch itself is great.

The 225...I have had no issues with since I bought it about 5 weeks a go. picks up satellite very quickly. I usually let the hr monitor my heart rate for a few minutes before I run. A few times I had spikes on my hr but put that down to the strap not been tight enough around my wrist....
    Very happy with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Any deals on this tomorrow on Amazon or other sites?

Great info from everyone here. Fair play. I've made up my mind and it's the 225 I'll buy. Hope to get a good bargain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

There's a great deal for the Garmin Forerunner 225 here

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-forerunner-225-gps-with-integrated-hrm-134-98-with-voucher-for-next-day-delivery-2337744

Got it delivered (to parcel motel) for £133 approx €190. Delighted, the cheapest I seen to this point was €250

There's a great deal for the Garmin Forerunner 225 here

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-forerunner-225-gps-with-integrated-hrm-134-98-with-voucher-for-next-day-delivery-2337744

Got it delivered (to parcel motel) for £133 approx €190. Delighted, the cheapest I seen to this point was €250

Fair play Ziggy_Stardust. That's a great price, I'll look into that. Thanks. The cheapest I had found was around 235 on wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Fair play Ziggy_Stardust. That's a great price, I'll look into that. Thanks. The cheapest I had found was around 235 on wiggle.

FR 225 €191 plus a €10 euro gift voucher for every €50 euro spent.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/garmin-forerunner-225-943565?colcode=94356544

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Baggirshorts

The Muppet wrote: »
    FR 225 €191 plus a €10 euro gift voucher for every €50 euro spent.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/garmin-forerunner-225-943565?colcode=94356544

It's a great watch.....and an excellent price...
    Nice one..

Brilliant stuff lads. Tried to purchase on phone there but with a few hiccups. Hope to seal the deal tonight on the laptop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement