Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Refusing to dissolve

Options
  • 25-11-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi boardsies,

Long time lurker. I own an apartment on a housing estate which has a management company which is the direct successor to the developer owned management company in place when I bought. This management company is run by the estate agent I bought from.

Basically they won't cease operating and also won't hold annual meetings. They haven't published accounts and they won't let us change the directors.

This seems to be exactly what the MUD act was designed to prevent.

Is there a regulator or someone I can contact to have them struck off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Contact the www.odce.ie they deal with Management company complaints and have complaint forms online.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Worth noting that having it struck off may be more painful in the long run if you have to reincorporate it to create your own OMC.

Would be worth paying for an hour of a solicitors time to see what your options are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

You need to distinguish between the company which is mentioned in your lease and the agent which is a third party company appointed to run the estate.

It could be the developer is still maintaining the estate if the lease specifies this and the omc only goes live once the developer phase ends. The developer can appoint an agent but is not bound by the mud act. They can set and collect fees though.

You need to be really specific. Companies generally don't change. The people running them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

You may be able to get help from here... http://m.apartmentlaw.ie/default.asp#nav

Advertisement