Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli shack

Options
  • 25-11-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭

located on abbeygate street beside javas,

went in today to try it out,pretty small menu,went with the bacon cheeseburger (comes with seasoned fries) ,young lad had a chilli and rice bowl,got buffalo wings between us (comes with seasoned fries as well) ,

burger comes in a brioch type bun,and my god it was one of the best burgers ive ever eaten,and ive tried lots,fries are volley ,wings are really delicious as well,not overdone and nice bit of meat on them,lovely sauce.

its a tad expensive at 8 euro for the burger and fries,could have a drink in there for that price elsewhere i think, but the burger was fantastic.

the chilli was disappointing but not in a taste way,portion size was tiny for the price ,9 euro, not worth that,plus you dont get fries with it .

the wings were best value at 6.50 including the seasoned fries .

i most definatley will be back to try the chilli burger next.

no,i dont work there or know them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went in there last week using a Groupon, it was tasty alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had a beef burrito the other day, was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Went in there last week using a Groupon, it was tasty alright.

Whatever happened to posting to the local deals thread?
    biko wrote: »
    Had a beef burrito the other day, was grand.

They do burritos too? Damn, we're coming down in burrito joints. Who's going to take the late night business? I saw Boojum has extended their hours to 10pm daily. Is the Chilli Shack a late night place?

* Looked it up myself, 2am Thurs-Sat. Well I think I know where to check out after the next boozing session in the city.

Whatever happened to posting to the local deals thread?

They do burritos too? Damn, we're coming down in burrito joints. Who's going to take the late night business? I saw Boojum has extended their hours to 10pm daily. Is the Chilli Shack a late night place?

* Looked it up myself, 2am Thurs-Sat. Well I think I know where to check out after the next boozing session in the city.

It's a Groupon, doesn't take a genius to search through it. I post in the bargains thread for the 'not so obvious' bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It's a Groupon, doesn't take a genius to search through it. I post in the bargains thread for the 'not so obvious' bargains

It doesn't take a genius to work out I didn't mean today after you mentioned it. I meant a week ago when Groupon posted the deal before the chilli burgers had sold out. Sheesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I thought this was going to be a whether thread. I read the title as "chilli sack".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a whether thread. I read the title as "chilli sack".

Whether to go there or not?

It doesn't take a genius to work out I didn't mean today after you mentioned it. I meant a week ago when Groupon posted the deal before the chilli burgers had sold out. Sheesh.

Deal with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Eat here today, friggin delicious, 9/10 on par with boojum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

whatcha get? had the nachos the last day,fully loaded,delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Do they do delievery on just-eat, whats for dinner or deliveroo or anything like that?

Advertisement