Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck on MSI splash screen

Options
  • 25-11-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

Last week my PSU packed it in. So I purchased a new one and replaced.
    When I attempt to power up the machine it doesn't emit any beep code and the monitor displays a splash screen. 'MSI Top Quality and Stability Mainboard'.
    No other text. No press F2 for this or that.

Pressing Del or f2/f11/f12 during boot does not get me into the BIOS. I tried same with an old PS2 keyboard as well incase it was a usb problem.

If I take out the RAM, I get error beep codes. Reseting the CMOS seems to have no effect.

Would I be right in guessing my motherboard is toast??

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Also, my motherboard is the MSI 760GM-P21 (FX).. If I need to replace it what would be a good board to go with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mobius1977

I read on the MSI forum to hold insert on boot. When I tried that is breaks back to the initial boot screen I used to have.
    So its detecting the processor, RAM and then freezes on 'Initializing USB Controllers'
    On the bottom of the screen it says..

65-0100-000001-00101111-08012-LISBON-A7641100-Y2KC
    000-0-0000-00-00-0000-00-00-000
    000-0-0000-00-00-0000-00-00-00-0-000000003FC91810 DIM-1.80 INT13-1.3
    Press f11 to enter Boot Menu

But of course f11 seems to do nothing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Try different USB ports, possibly fried the onboard ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mobius1977

Thats the thing, I have nothing plugged into the USB. I disconnected the front panel USB connectors and am only plugging in my moniter, power and my old non-USB keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mobo may be dead so.

PSU death can take out the entire system, thats why you'll never see this sub recommending a cheap/off brand one.

Take the mobo out of the case and do a test build on cardboard box. If still the same, replace the mobo.

Advertisement