Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Exploration Sale

• 25-11-2015 7:02pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just started today. Entirely recommend Cities Skylines, naturally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Prices still seem all over the place, there's discounts on the front page, then when I look at my Wishlist, they aren't there. Some decent ones, but I notice some are a joke, 25% off Singularity? If that's the price it's going to stay all sale, it's a poor discount.

Edit: 50% off Witcher 3, that's as big a discount as GOG are giving, that's very reassuring for people who'd rather buy it from Steam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why on earth is 25% off a month old game a 'poor discount'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

singularity is like.. five years old

that said, I think the price for it is pretty fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Often items are on sale at a decent rate all sale, but go extra crazy one day. Patience.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Often items are on sale at a decent rate all sale, but go extra crazy one day. Patience.

they said they're not doing the daily deals any more though. one price, one sale.

• Advertisement

They've done away with daily deals and flash sales, sadly. Apparently it'll be all the one price throughout the duration of the sale. I'm a veteran when it comes to steam sales, so don't worry, but thanks for the advice anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Was worried the discounts wouldnt be as big if the discount lasts the entire sale. Fallout 3 and new vegas goty are only 66% off, usually you can get them for 5 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Links234 wrote: »
    They've done away with daily deals and flash sales, sadly. Apparently it'll be all the one price throughout the duration of the sale. I'm a veteran when it comes to steam sales, so don't worry, but thanks for the advice anyway. ;)

Thanks for confirming that for me.
    Was sure I read that somewhere recently, but then couldn't remember if I did or didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Some games that I wanted are 40/50% off. I'll be waiting for the Christmas sale, I think - 66% off hopefully. Mind you a month might not make that much difference.

I think it's a shame they've done away with the daily and flash sales, it's not only made things less fun and exciting, it's so much harder to see where the good deals are. Like for example, did anyone here know that Wolfenstein: The New Order is a whopping 85% off? If not, then you're welcome, you should grab that immediately, it is an exceptional game.

• Advertisement

Also, The Evil Within is also 85% off! :eek:

That's seriously low, and well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Picked up some DLC for Endless Legend but going to hold off on buying anything else till the christmas sale next month. Feels a bit pointless having them so close together.

Feels a bit pointless having them so close together.

Well, you have to consider that this isn't a main sale. The big ones have always been the summer sale, and the Christmas sale. There are other, smaller sales then that coincide with annual holidays, Easter sale, Halloween sale. This is the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale, which is a big event in the states, but not for us here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Steam seems to suggest COH2 WFA at 4.99 includes COH2(7.99).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/

Is that right?

EDIT: NVM, standalone play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

i see Rome Total War 2 Emperer Edition is 75% off only €13.74. At that price is it worth it?

Doesnt include any of the DLC tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

While the game is a little shallow,Elite: Dangerous is on sale for €12.37 and id find it hard not to recommend it at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Just picked up Wofenstien New order for €7.49. Im sure its worth that. couldn't resist the Wolf pack too

Well, you have to consider that this isn't a main sale. The big ones have always been the summer sale, and the Christmas sale. There are other, smaller sales then that coincide with annual holidays, Easter sale, Halloween sale. This is the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale, which is a big event in the states, but not for us here.

Thats kind of my point though. Considering the bigger Christmas sale next month i can see a lot of people myself holding off on buying anything till next month. I mean why buy it now when it could possibly be cheaper in a months time?
    EoinHef wrote: »
    While the game is a little shallow,Elite: Dangerous is on sale for €12.37 and id find it hard not to recommend it at that price.

I considered buying this but someone on Reddit mentioned that the DLC is out soon and the main game will be free with that anyway. Though im not sure how accurate that statement is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

paulusdu wrote: »
    Just picked up Wofenstien New order for €7.49. Im sure its worth that. couldn't resist the Wolf pack too

Ya I got it in the last Steam sale for €12, good to see its come down even further, great game.

I'm about to pick up the Old Blood for €9.99, pretty good since it only came out in May.

paulusdu wrote: »
    Enjoy! It's hands down one of the best shooters I've played, the story and characters are shockingly good, and despite nazis being such a stock villain, it's one of the only times in games where they've really felt like actual nazis. You'll know what I mean when you play it. ;)
    Thats kind of my point though. Considering the bigger Christmas sale next month i can see a lot of people myself holding off on buying anything till next month. I mean why buy it now when it could possibly be cheaper in a months time?
    Well, the Halloween sale was just last month too, Steam have all these smaller sales and I don't see much a problem with buying something now, if you're going to play it now. Christmas sale is still a month away.

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote: »
    I'm about to pick up the Old Blood for €9.99, pretty good since it only came out in May.

I'd hold off on that, I got it for 4 euro before.

I'd hold off on that, I got it for 4 euro before.

Was thinking that, might check back every day so.

Though according to the posts above, the prices wont be changing throughout the sale. No harm in waiting to see all the same.

Thanks

Also, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 75% off. Comes HIGHLY recommended by yours truly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

THe witcher 3 E29.99 anyone got any opinions on whether it will go lower in the christmas sale?

THe witcher 3 E29.99 anyone got any opinions on whether it will go lower in the christmas sale?

I doubt it will, it was released in May, and this has been a pretty historic low for it across the board, but normally on big titles you won't see anything more than 50% off until the following year. Summer Sale next year is when I'd expect it to go lower, and I could be wrong, but it's not likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Endless legends is another good game if people like 4x strategy

Surprised its that low at all

Tomb Raider 2013 is there for €4.99 (I just checked and I got it for €3.49 in the summer sale), an absolutely amazing game. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking of getting Resi Evil HD in this sale but no discount. Will see for Christmas sale.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting Resi Evil HD in this sale but no discount. Will see for Christmas sale.

If you like Resident Evil, then I give a big thumbs up to The Evil Within, which is currently going for 85% off. ;)

Something that's actually kinda got me curious (though not sure if I'm curious enough to buy it) is Way of the Samurai 4, which looks absolutely positively barmy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

EoinHef wrote: »

I don't think Ive ever seen it that low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Something I thought I'd never say but.... there seems to no decent Single player WWII FPS games on steam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Thanks for heads up: looking through wishlist now.

So, how many of you have bought Shower With Your Dad Simulator for your friends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads have any of you been able to get a refund more than 14 days after a purchase?

Bambi wrote: »
    Something I thought I'd never say but.... there seems to no decent Single player WWII FPS games on steam

shooting white people is so last century

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Probably a stupid question but GTA5 worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've not played the PC port (which does seem to be done well) but if you liked any of the previous GTA games, you'll like this one. It's much better than 4, and while not as enjoyable as Vice City, I thought it was as good as San Andreas. The online is a good enough laugh, but it didn't hold me for long, but I last played it before the Hesits update so it's a good while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I have a €100 steam gift card burning a hole in my pocket....

I should probably wait till Christmas to spend it, but a few games are tempting me.

Endless Legend.
    Hard West
    MGS5
    Big Pharma
    Medieval II Total War

Self restraint is not my strongest trait.....

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »

Brothers in arms games are on there. Quite enjoyed them on the ps2. Dont know how well theyve ported to pc though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC port is excellent, totally worth it.

I also highly recommend notGTAV

There's also a substantial GMG sale (early access here when you log in. GTAV is cheaper along with some other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

strelok wrote: »
    they said they're not doing the daily deals any more though. one price, one sale.

Thanks for straightening that out. I just realised my original response must have looked patronising as hell! Sorry about that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ED E wrote: »
    Steam seems to suggest COH2 WFA at 4.99 includes COH2(7.99).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/

Is that right?

EDIT: NVM, standalone play.

The WFA and the British forces are stand alone armies for the multiplayer only. As far as I am aware you can buy them and play the game multiplayer only, but you need the base game COH 2 to play single player and use the Soviets and Wher (base german faction) in multiplayer.
    Then the ardennes assault is an USF single player campaign which is actually quite good in fairness.

If you want it for multi player buy the base game and the WFA and Brits if you want extra single player buy the franchise edition which also gives you the original Company of heros which is also very good.

Dont buy the master collection just add all the other stuff together and its cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I didn't log into Steam last night so only noticed here that there was a sale. I'll hold off on any more expensive titles until I get home but just bought:

The Swapper
    Star Wars: Empire at War
    Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
    Deadcore

Hopefully a decent title or two in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I actually realised I need to buy New Vegas because I only bought it on PS3 and them family-share played it on steam but have lost access to that account for a while. Like The Randy Riverbeast said it's kind dissapointing it's not as deep a discount as we've seen before. Maybe I'll just buy from another place when I do want to play it because I didn't actually want to play it anytime soon.

Skullgirls is €2.79 and all the DLC is a quid, too. Bringing a very cool 2D fighter to around 5 or 6 I think. Linux and Mac support FTW.

Grim Fandango for €3.74 but that probably means there's similar sale on GOG which is where I'd buy this game. Not gonna bother though since it's family shared with me.

Nekopara Vol.1 is up too for half price. €4.99 for catgirl paradise.

aaand Syberia series on sale again. Yet another I'd check GOG for instead. Was one of my first purchases. I think it was on launch sale when I first joined steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Personally not missing the flash deals at all,the last few sales they have been poor imo. And having to login at ridiculous time was a pain at times.

I do however find that because everything just goes on sale at the same time it does take a bit longer to trawl through whats on offer,making impulse purchases more likely. Personally id keep it this way though. I can take the whole length of the sale to find what i want without worrying about missing a bigger discount.

EDIT: Also just to add on Elite:Dangerous for someone who asked. The expansion is coming out before the end of the year and the base game will be included with it. But as it can be a divisive game id recomend trying it out at its current price rather than forking out over €50 for the expansion and game and then finding out its not for you. Just my opinion on it

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads have any of you been able to get a refund more than 14 days after a purchase?

I got a game refunded during the summer after having it for ~30 days. I only had played the game for 30 mins though.I think it's at the discretion of steam support if you're refunded after the initial 14 days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Star Wars: Empire at War
    Quick query: as it is mentioned that network multiplayer is no longer available would the game be ok for a single player mode?

• Advertisement
Advertisement