Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency access to temporary overdraft - left high and dry

Options
  • 25-11-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I went into the BOI in sandyford to transfer funds for a trip abroad last Thursday. All the service desks were gone so I had to talk to one of the staff to help me. I lodged some cash into my current account and asked to transfer the same amount into my current account from a deposit account. The person made a mistake and transferred all the money to my deposit account. I only found out after I went abroad to Reykjavik. I called BOI Monday, Tuesday and three times today and I still haven't been sorted out with either my cash or a temporary overdraft. I have my wife and 3 year old with me and have no cash now. I'm waiting an hour for a call back from my last call. This whole process has been very poor service and I'm not at all impressed when I have a 3 year old with me. 

What is the point of a bank if I can't access my own cash? Additionally, as BOI messed up you could at least sort out the cash transfer or put the temporary overdraft in place within 3 working days. Also, nobody returned my call the last time after they went to 'find out what was going on'. Surely it can't take longer than 3 working days! 

To say this has been extremely poor is an understatement!

Anthony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

clarket78 wrote: »
    I went into the BOI in sandyford to transfer funds for a trip abroad last Thursday. All the service desks were gone so I had to talk to one of the staff to help me. I lodged some cash into my current account and asked to transfer the same amount into my current account from a deposit account. The person made a mistake and transferred all the money to my deposit account. I only found out after I went abroad to Reykjavik. I called BOI Monday, Tuesday and three times today and I still haven't been sorted out with either my cash or a temporary overdraft. I have my wife and 3 year old with me and have no cash now. I'm waiting an hour for a call back from my last call. This whole process has been very poor service and I'm not at all impressed when I have a 3 year old with me. 

What is the point of a bank if I can't access my own cash? Additionally, as BOI messed up you could at least sort out the cash transfer or put the temporary overdraft in place within 3 working days. Also, nobody returned my call the last time after they went to 'find out what was going on'. Surely it can't take longer than 3 working days! 

To say this has been extremely poor is an understatement!

Anthony
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear of your experience and we want to get this resolved for you. Can you please send us a private message with your full name and phone number and we'll be happy to arrange a call back from your branch.

To send a PM, please click on the link in my signature below. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement