Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I've been asked what I want for Christmas....!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    FFS :D, If Santa gave me a vespa, I'd know I'd been naughty,:pac::pac:
    Like a brick on wheels, terrible bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Santa seems to be running late this year.:pac:

X-Lite x802r carbon fibre helmet was supposed to arrive today,but DHL are late shipping it,still in their depot in Germany,according to DHL Ireland.

Got the "Black Friday and how busy DHL are " excuse from your woman on the phone.
    Had hoped to have it for Sunday,but looks like I wont get it till Tuesday now.:(

Visors are here and ready to go.:)

DSCN4547_zpswjwfcnms.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Santa seems to be running late this year.:pac:

X-Lite x802r carbon fibre helmet was supposed to arrive today,but DHL are late shipping it,still in their depot in Germany,according to DHL Ireland.

Got the "Black Friday and how busy DHL are " excuse from your woman on the phone.
    Had hoped to have it for Sunday,but looks like I wont get it till Tuesday now.:(

Visors are here and ready to go.:)

DSCN4547_zpswjwfcnms.jpg

I recently ordered a new lid from Louis.de. it showed up in the German depot for 4 days. Next thing an post turn up with the lid. I haven't been impressed with dhl for a while now

I recently ordered a new lid from Louis.de. it showed up in the German depot for 4 days. Next thing an post turn up with the lid. I haven't been impressed with dhl for a while now

All I can do is wait.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^

Oh, you've owned one?.

Vespa, the best bike I've ever used by far. I loved it.

I came home from Lebanon in 2001 with a wade of money and went into town to look at buying an R1.. That afternoon I rode home on a brand spanking new Vespa PX200E and kept it for ten years.

When I sold it I immediately knew I'd regret it and long for it ever after, and I was right.

Dear Santa, please may have a Vespa PX200E for Christmas ~ I've been a good boy.

• Advertisement

Nope, never owned one, but driven one and only one, maybe the shocks were fúcked on it, it was a px200 too. A brick, never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Well Mak you do ride a BMW now!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I'd love another Vespa PX200E.
    I have a soft spot for the wee buggers meself, throwback to my youth, good memories ;)

I'm slaggin off vespas not beemers, :D had an f650 and could hardly keep the front end down, loved it. If Santa is listening:)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is this the px200e?:pac::pac::pac:

1049F888-3DC5-4515-BE4F-B9BE1ADFD58B_zpsbv4yfhwh.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Never on a Vespa but I would love a rip on one, over at the NEC last week an Peugeot are doing a lovely range of scooters very Vespa ish.

http://www.peugeotscooters.co.uk/peugeot-scooters-detail.php/Django-Evasion-150cc-retro-vintage-style-scooter-46/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blade1 wrote: »
    Well Mak you do ride a BMW now!:p

Yup, and here's both my BMW and my old Vespa (it used to be black) in a Joey Dunlop themed scooter.

370767.jpg

Ok its no secret, I <3 Vespa's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Some of the lads got very imaginative with their scoots...

MBS_PX200_3.jpg

718b6d249410237bbb4bbce3079e98e9.jpg

2013327183747_Vespa%20Army%20USA.jpg

Used top be a crew in Dublin way back, The Riff-Raff Scooter Club, that loved chopping/customizing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

^^^

Nonsense.

If you can ride a Vespa, you can ride anything - nothing says 'tankslapper' better than a PX ridden on a windy day with .......one hand :)

Try one on a frosty day for added spice...

Mine btw: https://galwaytt.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Vespa-PX/i-9TrZkvk/0/M/20130707_160228-M.jpg
    https://galwaytt.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Vespa-PX/i-qgBfrWz/0/M/20130707_160206-M.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Status Location Date Receiver Name Country of Origin Delivery Record?
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE
    CO LAOIS 06-Dec-15
    23:27 GERMANY

7 days and counting now.:(

Supposedly its in Portlaoise now.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Status Location Date Receiver Name Country of Origin Delivery Record?
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE
    CO LAOIS 06-Dec-15
    23:27 GERMANY

7 days and counting now.:(

Supposedly its in Portlaoise now.:pac:

In portlaoise. Ah grand u will have it by next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I find that all the time from louis - best to just leave a week or so and give up on the tracking.

In portlaoise. Ah grand u will have it by next week.

Its now supposedly in the sorting office in Dublin 12,Ballymount.

X-Lite X802r carbon lid finally arrived today.

Very light helmet in weight.
    Well happy.Nice snug fit too.:biggrin_old:

DSCN4553_zpsm7uasq9l.jpg

DSCN4555_zpsqp75d2qo.jpg

DSCN4557_zpskcojf0sl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

That's a lovely looking lid dude!

• Advertisement

Must have been good for Santa,as this arrived today.
    Also flew back up to Crossans to get some mirror tint visors for it.
    Crossans did me a good deal on the pound to euro.Gave me 85 cents to the pound and also knocked a few extra quid off the price of the visors.

Thanks to Adrian and Collie in Crossans for that.:D

And the Ben Spies HJC RPHA 10 is a lovely fit,dare I say ever so slightly nicer of a fit than the X-Lite.:)
    Slightly heavier lid though.:(

DSCN4574_zpsvaxyhh63.jpg

DSCN4575_zps9kckj37i.jpg

DSCN4571_zpsmkzge17w.jpg

DSCN4578_zpsdyyc5l2o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...when you say heavier, how much heavier though ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...when you say heavier, how much heavier though ??

HJC feels heavier when I hold both lids in my hand,also feels a tad heavier on me noggin.I can notice the difference.Not loads heavier,but heavier none the less to notice the difference.
    X-Lite ultra carbon is a very light helmet on the head.
    HJC seems to fog up alot more than the X-Lite.

Had to send the small back as it was too snug actually and started giving me headaches.Brought it up with me to Crossans and they even said to send it back for a medium size.
    Medium arrived this morning (at no extra cost) from Germany.

Perfect comfy fit and no headaches,as tested for over an hour and a half on the bike this afternoon whizzing around Dublin City Centre.:)

20151223_155457_zpsjmnvnzqg.jpg

20151223_155437_zps4a1fdllz.jpg[/QUOTE]

Bought the X-Lite helmet and other bits and bobs from bogotto moto in Germany.

Cant praise them enough.:D

http://www.bogotto.de

Advertisement