Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen's day laptop sale?

• 25-11-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey there!

I am putup in Dublin and I plan on buying a good high configuration laptop and a friend of mine said wait for Stephen's day as there would be really good sale on laptops. Now I'm not really sure but I want to have a rough idea as to what exactly would be the discounts?? I was planning on buying from the Dell website as I have a student's discount of 10% so, will I get more discounts and how much can I expect..?? Or any stores where I will get discounts..?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

RantiNasha wrote: »
    Hey there!

I am putup in Dublin and I plan on buying a good high configuration laptop and a friend of mine said wait for Stephen's day as there would be really good sale on laptops. Now I'm not really sure but I want to have a rough idea as to what exactly would be the discounts?? I was planning on buying from the Dell website as I have a student's discount of 10% so, will I get more discounts and how much can I expect..?? Or any stores where I will get discounts..?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

It's difficult to estimate the discount you'll get, and it'll very likely be on a particular model on the likes of Amazon as opposed to a site-wide percentage discount.

I'd say get an idea of the spec your looking for at minimum and keep an eye on boards.ie/hukd.co.uk coming up to black friday and on black friday to potentially nab a bargain. The higher end laptops are most susceptible to larger discounts.

Discounts on black friday are more commonly on televisions in my experience but I remember two years ago PC World had a i5 laptop with 8GB ram for 499 on black friday special when the usual spec at that time would have only been an i3 or A8 for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RantiNasha

Kevin! wrote: »
    It's difficult to estimate the discount you'll get, and it'll very likely be on a particular model on the likes of Amazon as opposed to a site-wide percentage discount.

I'd say get an idea of the spec your looking for at minimum and keep an eye on boards.ie/hukd.co.uk coming up to black friday and on black friday to potentially nab a bargain. The higher end laptops are most susceptible to larger discounts.

Discounts on black friday are more commonly on televisions in my experience but I remember two years ago PC World had a i5 laptop with 8GB ram for 499 on black friday special when the usual spec at that time would have only been an i3 or A8 for that money

I am particularly looking for any laptop with i5 or i7 with 8GB ram or more and a decent nvidia graphic card. I am currently getting a good config laptop for nearly 850-900 euros.
    So I was just confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

RantiNasha wrote: »
    I am particularly looking for any laptop with i5 or i7 with 8GB ram or more and a decent nvidia graphic card. I am currently getting a good config laptop for nearly 850-900 euros.
    So I was just confused.

Most of those St. Stephen's Day sales are online on Christmas Eve. Offers are usually uploaded before staff break off for Christmas. So if you are not in the pub on that day, you could try the websites of all the major players.

Most of those St. Stephen's Day sales are online on Christmas Eve. Offers are usually uploaded before staff break off for Christmas. So if you are not in the pub on that day, you could try the websites of all the major players.

hmmm. I will have to take a call now. Coz this good config laptop is nearly at the best price I can get, but I really cant be sure if I will be getting this stuff for less than what I am getting right now. :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Try Bargain Alert Requests? Or laptop forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Try the laptop forum and give them an idea what you'll be using the laptop for.

Bargain alerts really isn't the place for this.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Try the laptop forum and give them an idea what you'll be using the laptop for.

Bargain alerts really isn't the place for this.

I tried the laptop forums first. I am glad that people are replying here. No reply there till now.!

Advertisement