Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bargains at the Dazzling Discount night - post here

Options
  • 26-11-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Post here if you are going for something specific tomorrow night.

Or post the bargains you get!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

amdublin wrote: »
    Post here if you are going for something specific tomorrow night.

Or post the bargains you get!
    Where is this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Where is this on?

Blanchardstown shopping centre. Traffic chaos awaits tomorrow night on all approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Where is this on?
    Details at: http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/offers/956

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I thought this deserved a thread on it's own, separate to the thread about the bargains.
    The Dazzling Discount night is on tonight. Traffic is going to be brutal from all approaches. I would suggest you leave the car and walk to the towncentre if possible. Or get the bus as far as you can and walk.

Same for coming home - I plan on walking out of the towncentre and picking up a bus that has just come out of the traffic (if that makes sense).

If you are not planning on attending the Dazzling Discount night do not go near the towncentre!!! No cinema, no coffee, no wetherspoons.
    You have been warned!

athtrasna wrote: »
    Blanchardstown shopping centre. Traffic chaos awaits tomorrow night on all approaches.

Completely agree! Avoid the towncentre if you are not planning on attending the discount night.

Preferably drive or walk to towncentre. Queue for carparks and to get in and out is going to be ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Was anyone there the last time? Do the offers start any earlier than advertised? Was in Liffey valley last time and they started early.

Was anyone there the last time? Do the offers start any earlier than advertised? Was in Liffey valley last time and they started early.

I'm hoping they will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

athtrasna wrote: »

Exactly this.

Last time the offers were very little or in very limited stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The car parks are already quite full but the traffic is okay so far. If you're planning on availing of the discounts and can get up early it would be worth it to get parking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Would rather have my eyes plucked out than be at the centre at this time of the year thanks. I might venture back there in February!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Gaspode wrote: »
    Would rather have my eyes plucked out than be at the centre at this time of the year thanks. I might venture back there in February!

It's a pain in the ass at weekends but weekday nights are still fine. There are better deals to be found online anyway so there's very little reason to go to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Was there around lunch time. Crazy busy. I went to this sale last year & drove up. Never again. In the sales after Christmas last year we got stuck in one of the car parks for over 1 hour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A colleague made the mistake of venturing up there at lunch time to collect a pre-ordered item. She was almost 2 hours on what should have been a 30 minute run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

L1011 wrote:
    Had to get the last direct inbound on Wednesday morning due to the traffic problems and was surprised how busy it was also.

For the first time in a long time I will be taking the train home tonight . no way am I getting a bus home in that traffic tonight.

I got 4 aynesley china cups - Christmas pattern - 50% off for €15

Any one else go or are there now?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged. I don't think there's really any need for two threads about the same event.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

It was Mayhem

The queue for Superdry was laughable

People need their heads examined!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Knine wrote: »
    Was there around lunch time. Crazy busy. I went to this sale last year & drove up. Never again. In the sales after Christmas last year we got stuck in one of the car parks for over 1 hour.
    Knowing what you experienced last year, you went and did it again ! :eek:

Lunacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

dodzy wrote: »
    Knowing what you experienced last year, you went and did it again ! :eek:

Lunacy.

Eh no read the post again. I was there during a weekday, while crazy busy I could still get out of the car parks. I mean I will never drive to the centre during the sales.

Advertisement