Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take care in blanchardstown centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jeffk wrote: »
    The traffic management doesn't help.

It's ridiculous. I wonder if any sort of analysis has been done on it, I doubt it. I believe that if let flow naturally it would work better than what they're doing now. Over the Capatain America/hotel side it would be gridlocked, but once you get on the section between Currys and the Liberty building there's so much free space and freely flowing. The guy standing outside the gym often makes a balls of things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

ThisRegard wrote:
    It's ridiculous. I wonder if any sort of analysis has been done on it, I doubt it. I believe that if let flow naturally it would work better than what they're doing now. Over the Capatain America/hotel side it would be gridlocked, but once you get on the section between Currys and the Liberty building there's so much free space and freely flowing. The guy standing outside the gym often makes a balls of things too.

Take out roundaboutssss

Put in lights

Set up set rules so x amount of cars get green for x amount of lights and repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't think traffic lights are the solution, they'll just be a pain in the ass every other time of the year and day, adding undue delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's ridiculous. I wonder if any sort of analysis has been done on it, I doubt it. I believe that if let flow naturally it would work better than what they're doing now. ...

+1

The flow in and out of the centre is all wrong. All the car parks exits/entrances are all on the same ring road. They should have some exiting directly out to N3 or the main roads beside them. Forcing all the traffic into a closed loop with roundabouts just clogs it all up. They should also some overflow carks to allow people to park/exit quickly but walk a bit further to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I don't think traffic lights are the solution, they'll just be a pain in the ass every other time of the year and day, adding undue delay.

Speed cameras ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Just to follow up on this it is not scaremongering. These devices are available over the internet.

Gangs who have these devices most commonly use them over Christmas

They are watching for people who are going back to the cars with their Christmas Shopping.

The most common people caught out are the people putting the shopping in the Booth and going back into the Shopping centers.

My boss had had booth emptied last year after he went back into Liffey valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

jeffk wrote: »
    The traffic management doesn't help.

Come out of dunnes have to go left, so you have to use roundabout if you wanted to go right.

Come out of woodies etc, signaled to go into bus lane, end of bus lane, merge or keep going and bully your way in

Traffic management is a disaster. Can't believe it actually got council sign-off.
    I can't think of any other large shopping centre where the main entrance road is also the exit from the largest car park in it.
    The main entrance by ice rink is a mess this time of year. Cars exiting the TK Maxx car park are all filtered onto the road to try and get to the roundabout & exit the centre.
    This entrance/exit should be entrance only IMO to free up backed up traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I've a solution!
    Don't assume your car is locked!

I always check the door handles after hearing the clunk!

Then I can't call myself a muppet if I left it unlocked.

I thought I was the only one that still did this :D... better to be safe than sorry though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Satriale wrote: »

I was referring more to the baby on the motorway in it's baby seat, in the middle of the road, that you stop to check on, and then get robbed by the people who planted it there. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

This is why I'm glad my car has a mechanical lock on the boot and doors.

That, at least, requires some skill to **** with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Last week I read about Why The Most Expensive Cars Are The Easiest To Steal.

I was at an area Neighbourhood Watch meeting at Blanch Garda Station recently. Inspector Tony Twomey (sp?) told us of a guy being arrested with a car lock jammer. Possession of certain things can get you arrested and prosecuted as they are likely to be used in a crime.

Dartz wrote: »
    This is why I'm glad my car has a mechanical lock on the boot and doors.

That, at least, requires some skill to **** with.

Same here!
    Although I would say I wouldn't come out and put shopping in the boot of my car and go back in for more shopping for this exact reason!
    Whenever I see people doing it, I always think if I were a criminal I'd be just given an invitation to check the boot.

Advertisement