Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jingle Bells 5km, 05/12/15

Options
  • 26-11-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭

Two people have now nominated me to start this as can't find another one on the go.

So, who is racing and expecting a fantastic new 5km PB and more importantly what's this about going to Ryan's afterwards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I'll be there. Certainly not expecting a PB, as I've only been within a minute of it once this year :rolleyes:

It was my first 5k race, nearly three years ago now, and the downhill aspect of it is something I really enjoy. Plus you have people around you all the way, to hopefully help with that final push to the line !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Count me in too! likewise not sure about a PB but will give it a good lash and definitely on for drinks in Ryans afterwards - is that our Boards xmas drinks night out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'm in. First timer. Signed up in 2013 but got injured and looked on jealously before snagging a mug anyway. Look forward to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll be stewarding as usual. :)
    I'd be up for drinks afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm signed up for it and hope to be able to run it if not race it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Signed up now,just copped it has to be done today in order to get the number posted out. Dreading trying to get the DCM legs to move a bit faster for the first time in a while:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Firedance wrote: »
    Count me in too! likewise not sure about a PB but will give it a good lash and definitely on for drinks in Ryans afterwards - is that our Boards xmas drinks night out?

...starting at noon.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

I'm in too, can't wait! I've never run a 5k race before (only a parkrun) so definitely up for a few drinks afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

annapr wrote: »
    ...starting at noon.... :D

absolutely! it'll be like being 25 again :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Crap, just realised I'm out on the 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Does anyone have a copy of the route that they can post - can't find anything on the website - http://www.donoreharriers.com/jingle-bells-5k/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

geld wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of the route that they can post - can't find anything on the website - http://www.donoreharriers.com/jingle-bells-5k/

I bet it's the same as last year, and the year before that:
    http://www.donoreharriers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/JBCourse2014.pdf
    http://www.donoreharriers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/JBCourseMap.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Baggirshorts

aquinn wrote: »
    Two people have now nominated me to start this as can't find another one on the go.

So, who is racing and expecting a fantastic new 5km PB and more importantly what's this about going to Ryan's afterwards?
    Well...I have just seen this now and have just registered for it as well. I have never run in a 5K race, so I should get a PB for sure....:pac:

From no where...I now have a race to look forward to...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well...I have just seen this now and have just registered for it as well. I have never run in a 5K race, so I should get a PB for sure....:pac:

From no where...I now have a race to look forward to...

Guaranteed a pb so!
    Compulsory boards pb beers in Ryans afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

Hi All,

Info and map up on website as of now. Anyone who has entered up to last night will receive packs in post with this same info contained. Online entry still open up until Thursday 6pm.

Many thanks,

Donore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Second year running this, second year I am dying with a cold before it!!!

At least i get the xmas mug :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Guaranteed a pb so!
    Compulsory boards pb beers in Ryans afterwards :)

So....if I get a PB...who pays?.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Me too ! :)

Very efficient and impressed.
    I only signed up the other night and was expecting to pick up my number on Friday...only to have it posted out this morning....
    Nice job and thanks!!

• Advertisement

I registered in early november , still no sign of race pack.

Whats the procedure if it doesnt arrive?

Still undecided. I'm not going to get a PB and I'm not sure I want to know how slow I've gotten to be entirely honest :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Whoops, maybe do it as motivation to get back running/racing and see how you get on? You could surprise yourself. Lovely downhill finish apparently. Also RYAN's with random internet company.

The Muppet wrote: »
    I registered in early november , still no sign of race pack.

Whats the procedure if it doesnt arrive?

PM'd you

Thanks I got that I'm out on my phone at tge moment will be home in 30 minutes and will reply

Hi I sent the email requested and have sent you a pm . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

hmmm i didnt get anything sent to me either, I registered ages ago, can I pick it up on the day?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    hmmm i didnt get anything sent to me either, I registered ages ago, can I pick it up on the day?

Hi IvoryTower.

Yes you can but can you email us with your details and we can look into it for you? Sorry but can't post email address for some reason.

Regards,

Donore

aquinn wrote: »
    Whoops, maybe do it as motivation to get back running/racing and see how you get on? You could surprise yourself. Lovely downhill finish apparently. Also RYAN's with random internet company.

Ok I'm in. I feel like I'd be lucky to break 30 minutes in this state so I'm mostly doing it for post race rendezvous :P

• Advertisement

No race pack in today's post either.

Advertisement