Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old line

Options
  • 26-11-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to figure out an issue with an old line. Vodafone have told a housemate of mine that he can't transfer his broadband line to my house as there's an eircom line still connected. I've never had an eircom line myself and I've been in the house since 2005. Could there be an issue with the line from a previous owner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Effects wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out an issue with an old line. Vodafone have told a housemate of mine that he can't transfer his broadband line to my house as there's an eircom line still connected. I've never had an eircom line myself and I've been in the house since 2005. Could there be an issue with the line from a previous owner?
    Hi Effects

If you would like to PM me the address of where you have been told there is an active line I will be happy to look in to this and clarify.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I PM'd you my address and then you just didn't bother to reply to me when you couldn't find it. 
    I went into an online chat help from the landline section on the Eir website and was told it was broadband support and I was in the wrong place. The chat was then disconnected by the agent as I was typing a reply. 
    Spoke with someone on the phone who laughed when I mentioned the Eircode along with the address. Luckily he was able to help me. 
    The rest of your customer service is pretty poor though.  

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

I'm also having due to possibly an old line to my house.

It was built in the 1930's and stands in an acre of it's own ground.

I'm getting a max of 25 from the Eir tester after giving my phone number, as oppssed to 17.5 that I have
    from at the moment currently.

This compares to between 50 and 60 for just two of my neighbours.

I have a direct line from my exchange, which as the 'crow flies' is around 500 meters away.

Could you reccomend any remedy, for this bad situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Donne wrote: »
    Could you reccomend any remedy, for this bad situation?
    Switch from Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Effects wrote: »
    I PM'd you my address and then you just didn't bother to reply to me when you couldn't find it. 
    I went into an online chat help from the landline section on the Eir website and was told it was broadband support and I was in the wrong place. The chat was then disconnected by the agent as I was typing a reply. 
    Spoke with someone on the phone who laughed when I mentioned the Eircode along with the address. Luckily he was able to help me. 
    The rest of your customer service is pretty poor though.  
    Sorry for the delays Effects

Ultimately you are trying to connect with Vodafone so there is limited assistance I can offer - I did send you a PM to which you responded to and I had to await clarification from our Networks team before getting back to you. I have sent you more information on this in a PM just now.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement