Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

embarrassing things your child has done/said?

Options
  • 26-11-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

I 'll start off my soon to be two year old has a habit of sneaking things in her buggy when we go shopping , which leads to me running back to the shop appologizing for whatever she's taken .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We go swimming every week. It's an open session. Last time two, em, larger ladies got into the pool beside my two year old. He very loudly proclaimed 'look mammy, two GIANT MAMMIES' and pointed and got really excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I 'll start off my soon to be two year old has a habit of sneaking things in her buggy when we go shopping , which leads to me running back to the shop appologizing for whatever she's taken .

My niece was a divil for doing that. She pinched a fairly expensive purse in House of Frasr in Dundrum once, hid it under her bum in the buggy. Morto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Can think of 2 incidents.

First one my then one yo going around Tesco saying "dirty jews", "dirty jews". Had dropped his bottle and was saying Dirty juice

Second occasion, same child now 4 and his 3 yo brother were with me in a shop. The 4yo turns to his brother and says "no cody, mammy's boobies are bigger than hers" Said lady looks at the boys and then at me......if looks could kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

When i was pregnant with my second child i was in the hospital one day for a checkup and dropped something and a lady with very distinct round shaped glasses picked it up and gave it back to me.

The woman had barely taken two steps away when my 3 year old said "say hello to the minion mam"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When my Mum was pregnant with my youngest sister 22 yrs ago, she took me 12 and my other sister 8 with her for a scan. We parked the car and were making our way to the entrance when my younger sister started pulling at mum's arm and saying loudly and pointing "mum look, there's a black man".

Mum was mortified and tried to sush her but she was too excited. To be fair, she had never seen a black man outside of a school book before that and didn't know any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

We were in Tayto park recently and ds aged 3 got off one of the rides giggling and when we asked him was it fun he shouted out for all to hear "yes it tickled my willy".

That are always doing things to hang us... but can't remember them right now.

We were in Tayto park recently and ds aged 3 got off one of the rides giggling and when we asked him was it fun he shouted out for all to hear "yes it tickled my willy".

That are always doing things to hang us... but can't remember them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

This just happened today, my sister in law was bringing her little 3 and a half year old girl to the toilet, I was waiting outside for them, quite a few people waiting to use the loo, next minute my niece starts shouting really loudly "I'm really sorry everyone, but I'm doing lots and lots of poo poo's so everyone will have to wait, and I mean lots and lots"
    Needless to say my sister in law came out fairly red faced!

Coopaloop wrote: »
    This just happened today, my sister in law was bringing her little 3 and a half year old girl to the toilet, I was waiting outside for them, quite a few people waiting to use the loo, next minute my niece starts shouting really loudly "I'm really sorry everyone, but I'm doing lots and lots of poo poo's so everyone will have to wait, and I mean lots and lots"
    Needless to say my sister in law came out fairly red faced!

How sweet. She didn't want others to wait. Id be cracking up saying thanks for letting us know. That's brill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

Pulled my pants down in Aldi when he was three. I was bending over to get a bottle of olive oil.

Yeah those were fun days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Very polite child, Coopaloop. You can't deny the basic consideration for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My son had trouble saying "L" and he liked repeating the phrase from a book "looking for mam and dad", repeated it everywhere loudly except it came out as "f@ckin mam and dad".

He also liked to tell everyone that he'd been to the "big round cock" which was his version of "playground in kilcock"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

We were in a cafe the other week, turn around the the 2 year old has taken their pants off....just standing there, knickers around the ankles!!!

bp wrote: »
    We were in a cafe the other week, turn around the the 2 year old has taken their pants off....just standing there, knickers around the ankles!!!

That's hilarious!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We are in Germany at the moment. Every nov there's a kind of childrens holiday where the kids make lanterns and make little parades to the park and sing songs. My 21mth old decides to eat his lantern, then when we finally get to the park, he runs off screeching into the dark night to find the playground. Having 50 sets of eyes on you as you chase your lunatic toddler through the park is embarrassing! Then he refused to walk back to the start!

Even worse I had parents come up to me and say ' ah this is x, no wonder his nickname is the tornado!'

Shame! So many well behaved german children!

Advertisement